PDA

View Full Version : Blackmon breaks foot AGAIN!!!

packers11
10-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Blackmon breaks foot

Second-year cornerback Will Blackmon broke his right foot late in practice on Wednesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said on Thursday.
McCarthy said Blackmon will undergo more tests to determine the severity of the break. That's the same foot that Blackmon broke last year as a rookie. He sustained that injury on May 21, 2006, and didn't return to practice until Oct. 10, 2006.

-- Tom Pelissero.
posted by PackersNews.com at 1:37 PM | 0 Comments

Carolina_Packer
10-04-2007, 01:48 PM
gee, that's a real shame...the kid just can't catch a...wait, I mean he has bad luck. So, if they IR him, who is on our practice squad? Street free agent?

woodbuck27
10-04-2007, 02:02 PM
One word.

DAM !! :(

and. . .

Very sad. I have been waiting so patiently for this young man to get to and for us.

Hang in there Will. 8-)

HarveyWallbangers
10-04-2007, 02:04 PM
This stinks. I had high hopes for the kid. So much for him taking over for Bush. I felt pretty good about the depth at CB until Bush's struggles the last 2 games. This would severely hurt that depth. Plus, Blackmon was dynamic returning the ball in the preseason, and I was really hoping he'd take over both KR and PR when he got the cast off.

Packnut
10-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Man, talk about a guy who is snakebit! The way Bush is playing, losing a guy who I think is better than Bush really sucks. The Chicago media "experts" are already talking about Hester lining up against Bush. :cry:

woodbuck27
10-04-2007, 02:12 PM
This stinks. I had high hopes for the kid. So much for him taking over for Bush. I felt pretty good about the depth at CB until Bush's struggles the last 2 games. This would severely hurt that depth. Plus, Blackmon was dynamic returning the ball in the preseason, and I was really hoping he'd take over both KR and PR when he got the cast off.

Moi aussi Harvey.

pittstang5
10-04-2007, 02:22 PM
So much for him taking over for Bush. I felt pretty good about the depth at CB until Bush's struggles the last 2 games. This would severely hurt that depth. Plus, Blackmon was dynamic returning the ball in the preseason, and I was really hoping he'd take over both KR and PR when he got the cast off.

My sentiments exactly.

So, who do we have now....Walker and Williams.

Dendy available? :roll:

Zool
10-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Someone get this kid a glass of milk.

KYPack
10-04-2007, 02:41 PM
This kid is chronically hurt.

It takes a lot longer to heal from two injuries.

Another lost year for the kid.

I love his play, but he can't get on the field either.

PackerTimer
10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Man, talk about a guy who is snakebit! The way Bush is playing, losing a guy who I think is better than Bush really sucks. The Chicago media "experts" are already talking about Hester lining up against Bush. :cry:

They still have to find somebody to throw him the ball.

BF4MVP
10-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Bah..He has shown promise as a returner, but are injuries going to keep his career from ever getting off the ground?

Him8123
10-04-2007, 03:34 PM
the idea of K-Rob coming back is looking better and better huh?

4and12to12and4
10-04-2007, 03:56 PM
That sucks.

Pacopete4
10-04-2007, 03:59 PM
we should see if deion sanders wants to come play nickleback for us.. we all know he and favre love each other.. aha

packrulz
10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
UPDATE: Teammates said no one noticed the play on which Blackmon was injured, but they saw it on film today. According to one Packer, Blackmon was in coverage during an offensive scouting period when he elevated and landed on the back of Ruvell Martin's foot. Blackmon didn't go to the ground but limped off the field, the teammate said, adding that Blackmon -- who wasn't in the locker room today -- is optimistic the injury won't end his season.

gbpackfan
10-04-2007, 05:05 PM
What a tough break for Blackmon.

I feel bad for the kid.

HOWEVER, every team is going to have serious injuries and if one had to happen, at least it happened to a player that can be replaced. I know, I know, that sounds cold as hell. But it's true.

Frank Walker played some good football that last preseason game. I am excited to see how he plays.

I certainly was hoping that Blackmon was part of the future at CB but now, who knows. The kid just can't stay healthy.

If I were the Packers, I would shut Blackmon down for the year and get him 100% for next season.

son of a vic
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Must be a branch of the Sheet's family tree.

hurleyfan
10-04-2007, 07:12 PM
What a tough break for Blackmon.

I feel bad for the kid.

HOWEVER, every team is going to have serious injuries and if one had to happen, at least it happened to a player that can be replaced. I know, I know, that sounds cold as hell. But it's true.

Frank Walker played some good football that last preseason game. I am excited to see how he plays.

I certainly was hoping that Blackmon was part of the future at CB but now, who knows. The kid just can't stay healthy.

If I were the Packers, I would shut Blackmon down for the year and get him 100% for next season.

Good call GB... was wondering what Walker's status was also

Fas as shutting him down for the year... is he worth waiting for again?? I'm sure TT will pick up other CB's in next years draft.. Woodson & Harris are both getting "old" and seem to be constantly battling injuries..

Harlan Huckleby
10-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Blackmon -- who wasn't in the locker room today -- is optimistic the injury won't end his season.

that seems unlikely.

this is a big loss. Is Ahmad Carroll unsigned? :cry:

Carolina_Packer
10-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Blackmon -- who wasn't in the locker room today -- is optimistic the injury won't end his season.

that seems unlikely.

this is a big loss. Is Ahmad Carroll unsigned? :cry:

On May 5, 2007, Carroll was arrested around 3 a.m. on drug and gun charges. Carroll, 23, was released on bond after attending court at 9 a.m. He is charged with carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a pistol without a license, possession of MDMA (ecstasy), and possession of a firearm during the commitment of a felony. As a result of this incident, on May 7, 2007 the Jacksonville Jaguars waived Carroll. [1] Carroll could potentially file a grievance against the team, as NFL teams are not allowed to part ways with a player for legal troubles.

He's starring in a sequel to the most recent "Longest Yard", it's called "Hyw. 28", the path most opposing receivers took on their way past him to the end zone.

Patler
10-04-2007, 09:37 PM
The guy never missed a game in college, and started every game as a sophmore, junior and senior. Hopefully it is just a streak of bad luck.

mraynrand
10-04-2007, 11:52 PM
The guy never missed a game in college, and started every game as a sophmore, junior and senior. Hopefully it is just a streak of bad luck.

Just so long as it's not a Portland Trailblazers, Sam bowie - Greg Oden-like streak of bad luck.

Cheesehead Craig
10-05-2007, 07:20 AM
He's getting closer and closer to becoming Robert Ferguson.

Fritz
10-05-2007, 07:24 AM
So Ahmad Carroll got busted for, among other things, ecstasy? Wow. I wonder what it was like trying to cover a professional wide receiver in front of 60,000 fans while on ecstasy. Guess it makes you want to grab onto something and hold on.

Harlan Huckleby
10-05-2007, 02:31 PM
It's amazing how quickly a position of strength turns into a liability. We start out with Woodson & Harris backed by Bush & Blackmon. Solid.

Now Harris having a lot of back trouble, on top of other injuries. Blackmon gone. Can Williams play? The free agent didn't look so hot last summer. yikes.

HarveyWallbangers
10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
It's amazing how quickly a position of strength turns into a liability. We start out with Woodson & Harris backed by Bush & Blackmon. Solid.

Now Harris having a lot of back trouble, on top of other injuries. Blackmon gone. Can Williams play? The free agent didn't look so hot last summer. yikes.

I thought Walker looked good in the preseason games. Media reports said he didn't look good in practice.

woodbuck27
10-05-2007, 02:38 PM
UPDATE: Teammates said no one noticed the play on which Blackmon was injured, but they saw it on film today. According to one Packer, Blackmon was in coverage during an offensive scouting period when he elevated and landed on the back of Ruvell Martin's foot. Blackmon didn't go to the ground but limped off the field, the teammate said, adding that Blackmon -- who wasn't in the locker room today -- is optimistic the injury won't end his season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvWFX8hcfUqaGG3bRU.QMUiG2bYF?slug=ap-packers-blackmon&prov=ap&type=lgns

Blackmon to miss season after foot injury in practice

October 4, 2007

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) --

Will Blackmon's second NFL season will end just like his first -- on injured reserve.

The Packers' second-year cornerback suffered the fourth significant injury of his 18-month pro career when he broke his right foot in practice. Coach Mike McCarthy revealed the injury following Thursday's practice.

Blackmon, who broke the same foot during a May 2006 minicamp, was covering a receiver during the final 11-on-11 team period of Wednesday's practice when they got their feet tangled up.

The injury is the latest in a string of bad luck for Blackmon, who came back from the foot injury after missing the first five games of last season, only to suffer a broken rib in his fourth game on the active roster and winding up on IR.

Then, Blackmon won the kickoff and punt return jobs in preseason, only to suffer a broken left thumb during the Aug. 23 preseason game against Jacksonville. The injury required casting and cost him the return job, although Blackmon did play as the No. 4 corner in the dime defense.

"I feel terrible for Will. He was coming on strong. We all saw what he did as a returner," McCarthy said.

"We felt he and Jarrett Bush were right there neck-and-neck as the No. 3 corner. It's a shame. He was contributing on special teams and was really making a move."

woodbuck27:

Adversity can just be so sad. I feel terrible for this young Packer. I hope he can hang in there but at some point in time he will be overdo if it does not change for him.

Best wishes Will. Hang tough.

packers04
10-06-2007, 01:17 PM
I think this report is wrong. i don't think blackmon is on IR.

Patler
10-06-2007, 01:31 PM
I think this report is wrong. i don't think blackmon is on IR.

According to CBS Sportsline they have:

Green Bay Packers Will Blackmon Placed on IR, broken right foot

Brohm
10-06-2007, 02:42 PM
I heard MM on WSSP yesterday saying they are going to let him rest a couple weeks and reevaluate after the bye week. :shock: