PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Most Popular Team in NFL

BallHawk
10-04-2007, 02:21 PM
EDIT: The link was too long and screwing up the page follow this link and then click on the hyperlink that says Source: Harris Interactive.

Cowboys are the most popular team in the league.

Packers are #4. We used to be #1, but since 2005 all the bandwagoners have jumped off and joined the Colts, Saints and Chargers. BTW, the Colts and Steelers are #2 and #3, respectively.

Jacksonville is last, preceded by the Texans and Bills.

woodbuck27
10-04-2007, 02:29 PM
The Boys certainly have a vast fan base and spread all over North America

There are Packer fans all over as well. So many fans of other NFL teams are amazed at Brett Favre and the Packers fast start this season. Favre gets maximum respect and credit for his will to see us be winners.

I have spoken to many Packer fans here in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada since I arrived home for a vacation. I am presently staying over for a couple of weeks with two dedicated packer fans.

Ron and Nancy. :)

BF4MVP
10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I don't care about any popularity poll...

All I care about is:

12 CHAMPIONSHIPS, BABY!

HarveyWallbangers
10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Year in and year out, it's clearly Green Bay and Dallas--depending on who is doing better. The next group includes San Francisco, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. The top two are clear, and the next three are clear. Other teams move up and down--depending on if they are winning or not.

Dallas was first in 1998, 1999, 2003 (tie), and 2007.
Green Bay was first in 2002, 2003 (tie), 2004, and 2005.

Neither team has been ranked outside the top 4.

San Francisco has been between 2nd and 9th every year.

Chicago has been between 5th and 10th every year.

Pittsburgh has been in the top 6 more than Chicago, but have had two years where they were 10th and 15th. They were the only other team besides Green Bay and Dallas to be #1. They were #1 after their Super Bowl victory a couple of years ago.

There were no results from 2000 and 2001.

3irty1
10-04-2007, 04:26 PM
I'd say the most dedicated fan bases have to be the Packers and Steelers. Cowboys are definitely America's team though.

The Leaper
10-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Green Bay is still the most impressive to me, since it doesn't have a metropolitan city of over 6 million people to draw fans from as Dallas does.

Green Bay ranks as the 153rd largest metropolitan area in the US at just under 300,000.

I believe the next smallest metropolitan area that has an NFL team is New Orleans...which is ranked 50th at just over 1,000,000.

So, 31 of the 32 NFL teams are from cities among the top 50 metropolitan areas in the US...and 1 is from a city ranked outside the top 150. Pretty unbelievable...and something the NFL and Green Bay should be proud of.

Maxie the Taxi
10-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Jerry Jones died and went to heaven. God was showing him his house, and it was this run down shack with an old, tattered Cowboy flag hanging over the front door. Jerry Jones wasn't too happy with this. He then looked off into the distance and saw a beautiful mansion with a bright and bold Green Bay Packer Flag hanging over the doorway.

Jerry Jones said to God, "I don't mean to be ungrateful, but how come Vince Lombardi gets that gorgeous mansion for a home, and I get this rundown shack?"

God replied, "That's not Lombardi's home, that's mine."

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Gym/8840/anti-dallas/dallas.html

Badgepack
10-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Green Bay is still the most impressive to me, since it doesn't have a metropolitan city of over 6 million people to draw fans from as Dallas does.

Green Bay ranks as the 153rd largest metropolitan area in the US at just under 300,000.

I believe the next smallest metropolitan area that has an NFL team is New Orleans...which is ranked 50th at just over 1,000,000.

So, 31 of the 32 NFL teams are from cities among the top 50 metropolitan areas in the US...and 1 is from a city ranked outside the top 150. Pretty unbelievable...and something the NFL and Green Bay should be proud of.

Plus Dallas has pretty much the states of Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Arizona rooting for them over the years.

LEWCWA
10-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Jerry Jones died and went to heaven. God was showing him his house, and it was this run down shack with an old, tattered Cowboy flag hanging over the front door. Jerry Jones wasn't too happy with this. He then looked off into the distance and saw a beautiful mansion with a bright and bold Green Bay Packer Flag hanging over the doorway.

Jerry Jones said to God, "I don't mean to be ungrateful, but how come Vince Lombardi gets that gorgeous mansion for a home, and I get this rundown shack?"

God replied, "That's not Lombardi's home, that's mine."

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Gym/8840/anti-dallas/dallas.html

Funny story, but always remember the immortal words of Joe Louis "Gods not on our side, were on God's side"

]{ilr]3
10-07-2007, 05:04 PM
I see the cowboys as the Micheal Jackson of the NFL.

Jackson is the Self Proclaimed King of Pop
Cowboys are the self proclaimed America's Team

:lol: