PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: TRAVIS HENRY TESTS POSITIVE FOR MARIJUANA

packers11
10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
pft.com

POSTED 8:21 p.m. EDT, October 4, 2007

REPORT: TRAVIS HENRY TESTS POSITIVE FOR MARIJUANA

FOX 31 in Denver reports that Broncos running back Travis Henry has tested positive for marijuana.

The development subjects Henry to a one-year banishment from the NFL, given that he was suspended for four games within the past two years for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Henry has the right to appeal the positive test. If the outcome is upheld, he'll be gone for at least a year.

He signed a five-year, $22 million contract with the Broncos, including $12 million in guaranteed money, after the Titans released him prior to the due date of a large roster bonus. The substance abuse policy now controls the extent to which Henry will have to pay signing bonus money back to the team.

Henry most recently drew headlines when it was reported that he has fathered nine children with nine different women. Once suspended, his ability to make those child-support payments will become slightly impaired.

Freak Out
10-04-2007, 07:34 PM
I have no problem with someone going out and sowing some wild oats but fuck man use your brain or some birth control for crying out loud!

HarveyWallbangers
10-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Seems that outside of Moss and a couple of others, most of the guys that we could have signed are either disappointing or doing crap like this. It's Bretsky's Curse, I tell ya.

digitaldean
10-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Wonderful!!!!

Shawn Kemp and Ricky Williams all rolled into one (pun intended).

The ones that will suffer that are of any real consequence are his kids' that need the support payments.

retailguy
10-04-2007, 08:22 PM
proof that he exclusively thinks with the wrong head. what a sad story for the families... course, the women weren't thinking either... so, what a sad story for the children, who all have two idiots for parents.

nobody carries change anymore? :huh:

Partial
10-04-2007, 08:32 PM
That is pretty darn sad. Hopefully he gets to keep at least a mil for the kids. Give 'em 100 grand a piece and start a college fund.

Carolina_Packer
10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Geez! I guess he pissed away his future...literally!

Did you see this article? http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=281855

Do you think the Broncos will follow their advice and go from one puffer to another? :lol:

Bretsky
10-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Seems that outside of Moss and a couple of others, most of the guys that we could have signed are either disappointing or doing crap like this. It's Bretsky's Curse, I tell ya.

Great News; I have Selvin Young in a few fantasy rosters :lol:

mraynrand
10-04-2007, 11:49 PM
I figured T. Henry was just plain out of fluid to donate for any test.

woodbuck27
10-05-2007, 10:27 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802fa098&template=without-video&confirm=true

Posted: 9 hours 27 minutes ago

Broncos' Henry faces possible suspension

NFL.com Wire Reports

Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry is facing a possible one-year suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, reports the NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Henry was granted a temporary restraining order in Suffolk County (N.Y.) Supreme Court to prevent the league from testing the B sample of a recent urine specimen, which is used to confirm positive test results.

However, an appellate court granted an NFL motion to vacate the order and move the case to federal court, because it involves interpretation of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, generally covered by federal labor laws. The NFL now will file a motion to have Henry's motion dismissed.

Pending an appeal, if the validity of the alleged positive test is upheld, Henry would be subject to a one-year suspension. While with the Tennessee Titans, Henry was suspended four games in September 2005 for a substance policy violation.

Reached by the Associated Press, Broncos General Manager Ted Sundquist declined to comment on Henry's situation.

Henry signed a five-year, $22.5 million free agent contract with the Broncos this offseason that included $12 million in guarantees after the Titans released him in a cost-cutting move and the Broncos sent last year's starter, Tatum Bell, to Detroit.

Henry, who injured his right knee and right ankle in a loss at Indianapolis on Sunday, has not practiced this week nor has he been available to reporters.

The Broncos had hoped Henry could be their first workhorse running back since Clinton Portis in 2003, and he got off to a fantastic start, rushing for a league-high 433 yards and one touchdown over the first month. He also caught five passes for 52 yards.

Henry's backup is undrafted rookie Selvin Young out of Texas, who has rushed 15 times for 138 yards and a league-best 9.2-yard average.

The Broncos might move second-year pro Mike Bell back to tailback if Henry isn't available. Bell was moved to fullback last month.

Information from The Associated Press was used this report.

BallHawk
10-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Check out Henry's full-proof defense

Bill Williamson of the Denver Post reports that the lawsuit filed by Broncos running back Travis Henry is expected to revolve around his claim that he inhaled second-hand marijuana smoke.

The logical question, then, is if Henry can just claim that he had marijuana in his system because he inhaled second-hand smoke, and if a court rules that the NFL can't suspend him because of that, how could anyone, ever, be suspended for a positive marijuana test? And why would Henry, who knew he was one positive test away from a one-year ban, put himself in a situation where he might inhale someone else's marijuana smoke?

There may be more to Henry's lawsuit than just claiming he inhaled second-hand smoke, though. He apparently will argue that the combination of low levels of THC in his urine sample and his willingness to submit to a lie detector test and give hair samples should entitle him not to be suspended.

Henry seems unlikely to win this challenge, but if he does, it could have a major impact on the NFL's drug-testing policies.

Note: Williamson also writes that there's no merit to the reports out of Detroit saying running back Tatum Bell could be traded to the Broncos.

MJZiggy
10-12-2007, 02:19 PM
I can see the meeting between Henry and Goodell now.

RG: Well, Travis, I just have one question for you

TH: Yessir

RG: What were you doing in a room in which illegal substances were being smoked?

TH: Uhhhhh....

Joemailman
10-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I can see the meeting between Henry and Goodell now.

RG: Well, Travis, I just have one question for you

TH: Yessir

RG: What were you doing in a room in which illegal substances were being smoked?

TH: Uhhhhh....

...I'm always in our locker room after a game.