PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay's Robinson could be reinstated next week

woodbuck27
10-05-2007, 02:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Green-Bay-s-Robinson-could-be-reinstated-next-we;_ylt=AsC90zYy97ijDue.dvN63fWG2bYF?urn=nfl,48023

Green Bay's Robinson could be reinstated next week

Friday, Oct 5, 2007 10:56 am EDT

Citing a league source, Profootballtalk.com reported Green Bay Packers receiver Koren Robinson expects to hear within the week whether he'll be reinstated after a one-year suspension for multiple violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.

Robinson's suspension arose from a DUI arrest that followed a high-speed car chase while Robinson was with the Vikings. According to the source, Robinson is eligible to return as of October 17.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

GO PACK GO !

Fritz
10-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Why not? Then Shaun Bodiford can be cut - again - and re-signed by another team (I'll say the Lions) - again.

Merlin
10-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Robinson could make a huge difference in return yards. Not sure where his abilities are though following incarceration. I am thinking if he can be back after the vye week that it will be a huge boost to the team. Does anyone know if we have a running back yet? Or an offensive line that can RUN BLOCK?

HarveyWallbangers
10-05-2007, 10:55 PM
He could be reinstated. Or he may not. It's a good bet that even if he's reinstated and starts practicing with the team on 10/17 that it would take him 2-3 weeks before he'd be in any kind of game shape. Early November at the earliest. There's also still a solid chance that he'll do something stupid between now and then.

Brohm
10-05-2007, 10:57 PM
I think we get a 2 week flyer on him as well before we have to make any roster moves (if I am not mistaken).

Deputy Nutz
10-05-2007, 11:15 PM
I think we get a 2 week flyer on him as well before we have to make any roster moves (if I am not mistaken).

I believe that it is a one week flyer on him

I don't know if he is going to get reinstated or not. Flip of the coin.

woodbuck27
10-05-2007, 11:43 PM
He could be reinstated. Or he may not. It's a good bet that even if he's reinstated and starts practicing with the team on 10/17 that it would take him 2-3 weeks before he'd be in any kind of game shape. Early November at the earliest. There's also still a solid chance that he'll do something stupid between now and then.

Hey Harvey you claim to be a Christian.

Stop judging this poor soul and get to pulling for him.

That is Christian.

:)

HarveyWallbangers
10-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Being Christian and unequivacally counting on the guy are two different things. Of course, I hope he does well. I don't count on it.

Harlan Huckleby
10-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Old devil rum has got him.

Away, away with rum, by gum
With rum, by gum
With rum, by gum
Away, away with rum ,by gum
The song of the temperance union

I think I actually remember that entire song, it has a lot of verses, my favorite:

We never eat cookies because they have yeast,
And one little bite turns a man to a beast.
Oh, can you imagine the utter disgrace
Of a man in the gutter with crumbs on his face?

http://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiAWAYRUM2;ttAWAYRUM3.html

woodbuck27
10-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Being Christian and unequivacally counting on the guy are two different things. Of course, I hope he does well. I don't count on it.

You judged this man fr. the get go.

NOT Christian Harvey but I do understand your concern.

He has to just battle hard.

mission
10-06-2007, 01:05 AM
he's been good and clean, and will be reinstated. Whether the reports of him bein in football shape or not remain to be seen. Will he contribute on a positive basis... Well, I doubt it but I would love to be wrong. I just don't think there is any question that he will be allowed to return to the NFL.

Lurker64
10-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Why not? Then Shaun Bodiford can be cut - again - and re-signed by another team (I'll say the Lions) - again.

If Blackmon is out for the season, Robinson could likely take his spot. Blackmon's a CB and Robinson's a WR but we were expecting Blackmon to return kicks before he broke his hand, and the return game is probably what Robinson has shown himself to be the best at.

Right now we have 5 WR (Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, and Bodiford) and 6 CB (Woodson, Harris, Bush, Blackmon, Walker, and WIlliams). If Blackmon's done and Robinson takes his place we have 6 WR and 5 CB, neither of which are particularly out of the ordinary. The only problem I could see is if Al Harris's injury continues to dog him and he misses playing time at some point. In the preseason Bush, Blackmon, and Walker all pretty much showed themselves to be able to play the nickel and in the final accounting from my perspective the three of them were pretty close. We could always put Blackmon on IR for Robinson and eventually end up cutting Bodiford for Dendy...

Scott Campbell
10-06-2007, 08:18 AM

That is Christian.

You've hit a new low Woody.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2007, 08:29 AM

NOT Christian Harvey....................

Lemme see if I've got this straight Woody. Harvey's the one being judgemental here?

RashanGary
10-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Don't you guys see a similarity to this WB27 and Tank? He has little hidden meanings in everything he says. You guys can't tell me that you think Woodbuck is really some old Canadian guy. The guy plays dumb, but then he hits and prys in ways that are NOT dumb in the least bit. He is funny and interesting like Tank and mostly harmless, but he loves to stir contraversial pots.

1st, he's nuts, somewhat predictable, but nuts in a very consistant way

2nd, he always tells you exactly where his IP should be traced so that you guys can connect the dots and believe him. He probably has some IP mask that he's manipulating to make you think he's travelling around Canada

Lastly, I just have a gut feeling that Woodbuck is a Tank. Who else would try to bring Christianity into this type of conversation?

RashanGary
10-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Christian or not, counting on Koren Robinson getting his bottles in a row requires the willing suspension of disbelief.

LL2
10-06-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm all for letting him play if he can boost our return game and help at WR. Everyone deserves another chance, unless you have too many strikes against you, which I don't think Robinson does.

KYPack
10-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Ya migfht not agree with our noble Canuck contributor all the time. I know I don't.

But he is sincere in his beliefs, wacky somtimes or not.

He is not Tank.

If you disagree with him, fine.

But don't lay the ol' "He is Tank" slander on the boy.

BF4MVP
10-06-2007, 05:57 PM
We could certainly find a place on the roster for a guy as talented as Koren is.

retailguy
10-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Don't you guys see a similarity to this WB27 and Tank? He has little hidden meanings in everything he says. You guys can't tell me that you think Woodbuck is really some old Canadian guy. The guy plays dumb, but then he hits and prys in ways that are NOT dumb in the least bit. He is funny and interesting like Tank and mostly harmless, but he loves to stir contraversial pots.

2nd, he always tells you exactly where his IP should be traced so that you guys can connect the dots and believe him. He probably has some IP mask that he's manipulating to make you think he's travelling around Canada

Lastly, I just have a gut feeling that Woodbuck is a Tank. Who else would try to bring Christianity into this type of conversation?

So, let me see if I've got this straight... Woody, who apparently has NOTHING better to do than IP mask his address to "fool us"... To the tune of over 7000 posts... Mmmhmm.

Give it a rest. Woody is who he says he is. He is not Tank. I'll leave it to you (since you're an expert) to decide if he's crazy.

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 12:42 AM

Try cutting past the BS to just what I posted.

Guessing that you need some explanation JH, because you are way out there in terms of who I am and what my motives are.

I have maturity of spirit some lack that in my observation and is not their fault. It is OK. You only know what your taught and through your own efforts.

Life serves up many lessons and chances to grow. It clicks into individual people at different times and for some, well unfortunately, they miss the boat. That is sad but life for some gets that way.

I have benefited a good deal fr. taking advantage of proper leadership and mentoring. I have had a solid education and I am eclectic in my reading interests.

Not meaning to seem immodest, I have a pretty good grip on what is good and poor thinking. Most times all that is required is to ask yourself such question as, Yes or No. Go or stop. Keeping it simple. :)

Most of what I am is based in a solid spiritual background, for which I am grateful, and pass on to others through a spirit of decency, a kind and generous personality. Generally, I have found that I am accepted and well liked and respected for my intelligence and common sense.

It is a wee bit of a battle at times but I accept all things and adjust as I feel I must.

It is easy to understand me in terms of why I post at Packerrats.

1. I am a dedicated Packer fan of long standing.

2. I support our Packers winning overall, not losing overall.

3. I am fundamentally sound in my knowledge of football and the simple needs that a team must meet in terms of talent at certain positions, to have any real hope of excelling in a majority of games.

4. When I disagree with a certain approach that is far off the mark towords fullfilling a positive outcome I react in my consciounce and strength to object as my sense of purpose and freedom allows me to.

To be Christian (to me) means to try to grow in our tolerance of those who have trials and to support them in some positive not negative way. To predict failure in a person offends my morel duty to defend the downtrodden and afflicted.

Everyone deserves a break. Maybe more than one break to allow that person to get it right.

Koren Robinson needs our collective support for his return, and then our best thoughts for him to do his best for our team. It is a form of karma in the sense that good thoughts often produce good results.

Saying yes is much better thas always saying NO!

Saying NO to Koren Robinson because of his past trials and his battle with alcohol does not open the proper door for him to heal.

I say yes to Koren Robinson and thereby give him any benefit of doubt.

That is an example of an understanding of my spiritual duty. :)

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 12:50 AM

That is Christian.

Scott would you care to elaborate on that rude comment.

Where is your manners given your obvious sense of fine intelligence (question mark).

You are the master here of the hit and run Scott. The slap in the face.

There is the pool table. Rack em up! :)

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Ya migfht not agree with our noble Canuck contributor all the time. I know I don't.

But he is sincere in his beliefs, wacky somtimes or not.

He is not Tank.

If you disagree with him, fine.

But don't lay the ol' "He is Tank" slander on the boy.

Lets just allow JH his little delusion KY, despite the weirdness of that belief that I am Tank, that he refuses to let go of. Haha. :)

His attempts at mild character assassination are actually amusing to me, and as he persists in such he reveals much of himself that we may help him with in time. He is only a young pup.

To: JH

Life is long then gets shorter. Some take more time than others. Some never arrive.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 01:13 AM

So, let me see if I've got this straight... Woody, who apparently has NOTHING better to do than IP mask his address to "fool us"... To the tune of over 7000 posts... Mmmhmm.

Give it a rest. Woody is who he says he is. He is not Tank. I'll leave it to you (since you're an expert) to decide if he's crazy.

I have no idea retailguy why JH persists in attempting to inform the forum that I am some person who once carried the handle . . . Tank.

The same person that later became Anti - Polor Bear in my experience and best sense.

and. . .

OK I will admit that . . .

I am a little bit crazy but that is because I am a little bit Rock n Roll. :)

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 01:37 AM

Hey JH.

To be explicit and to serve your limited ability to analyze all that is woodbuck27; and further, to assist or expand your geographical knowledge.

I only traveled fr. the South Shore of Montreal, Quebec (le Belle Province) to the Province of New Brunswick (the Picture Province).

I will be vacationing in Saint John until sometime later this month. Then return to the south shore of Montreal. I really just want you to keep up with and be fully aware of all my hoping across Canada.

I trust that my plans will suit you JH.

Masking my puter ID. Yea, sure JH.

Imagine that is factual, as it obviously intrigues or amuses your mind. :)

For lands sake man get a grip.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 08:42 AM

That is Christian.

Certainly.

I think you owe Harv an apology. In my opinion your comments were out of line and uncalled for. Leave his faith out of your disagreement.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2007, 10:11 AM
I think you owe Harv an apology. In my opinion your comments were out of line and uncalled for.

Oh Christ, SC, get off it. Why you buttin into somebody else's argument anyway?

GrnBay007
10-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I think you owe Harv an apology. In my opinion your comments were out of line and uncalled for.

Hmm.....same reason you made a poll? lol :D

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Hmm.....same reason you made a poll? lol :D

I was trying to make a joke about the situation because it got too serious. Who wants to hear a personalized argument about religion?

But then again, maybe Harvery IS a superior Christian and should be recognized for it. But then again again, I've heard that the work he did for unwed mothers was more in the nature of cleaning up after his own messes.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 10:31 AM

Harlan, I just responded to Woody's direct question. So what's your excuse?

If Woody wants to treat the rest of us like were children of a lesser God, then he's going to hear about it from me. Try setting aside your tender feelings for Woody, and I think you'll find the comments repugnant. It's easy enough for him to fix with an apology.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
It's easy enough for him to fix with an apology.

I didn't like the Woodman's remark. But it's not cool or necessary to hound him for an apology. We all make mistakes - even Jesus when he tore the shit out of that temple. Guy was out of line!

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 10:34 AM
.......maybe Harvery IS a superior Christian and should be recognized for it.

Funny, I don't remember Harvey as the one bringing up religion here. But then again, Harvey's not your favorite.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Funny, I don't remember Harvey as the one bringing up religion here. But then again, Harvey's not your favorite.

you can take any joke and spin it in a nasty direction.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 10:39 AM
I didn't like the Woodman's remark.

Well, at least you eventually got around to telling the truth.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2007, 10:40 AM

I didn't see it necessary to take a stand.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 10:43 AM
But it's not cool or necessary to hound him for an apology.

True - much of the time. Most people would realize their mistake, and try to make it right.

But that ain't our Woody.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 10:43 AM

I didn't see it necessary to take a stand.

Of course you didn't - he's your little buddy. Gotta protect him.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 10:47 AM

I got news for you Harlan, it was way beyond nasty once Woody took jabs at Harv's faith. You and your unwavering support of Woody's antics are the only joke here.

falco
10-07-2007, 10:49 AM

I got news for you Harlan, it was way beyond nasty once Woody took jabs at Harv's faith. You and your unwavering support of Woody's antics are the only joke here.

I wonder how woody would feel if we took jabs at his nationality? If I recall correctly from JSO, that was always a hot button issue for him.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 10:57 AM

I wonder how woody would feel if we took jabs at his nationality? If I recall correctly from JSO, that was always a hot button issue for him.

I'm not sure I follow. It was 2 years ago. I don't remember Harv being involved with any of that. And even if he was, I don't think it would justify these unprovoked comments.

And if I recall correctly, EVERYTHING was a hot button issue for Woody at JSO.

RashanGary
10-07-2007, 10:57 AM
I thought Woodbuck was taking a hidden jab at the hypocracy that surrounds many religions, in this case Christianity.

Which is exactly why I think Woodbuck is not the dumb, loyal Canadian that he plays on this forum. Woodbuck is very clever.

falco
10-07-2007, 11:00 AM

I'm not sure I follow. It was 2 years ago. I don't remember Harv being involved with any of that. And even if he was, I don't think it would justify these unprovoked comments.

Sorry Scott, I think I was unclear. I was making the point that Woody is a hypocrite, crying foul whenever anyone offends him but then making comments like this.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 11:00 AM
I thought Woodbuck was taking a hidden jab at the hypocracy that surrounds many religions, in this case Christianity.

Which is exactly why I think Woodbuck is not the dumb, loyal Canadian that he plays on this forum. Woodbuck is very clever.

Man, if you were right I'd feel like a complete idiot. Even more so than already. He's got me convinced that he's not playing a character, even though he is quite a character.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2007, 11:04 AM
as I recall, Woody said that Harvey's harshness toward Robinson was unchrisitian. To blow this up to "Woody's questioning Harvey's faith" is unnecessary and stupid. And to keep dragging this out is stupid.

I was not criticisizng Harvey in any way, I was just making light of a situation which has been blown out of proportion. Nice attempt to stir up some unpleasantness there, SC.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 11:09 AM
To blow this up to "Woody's questioning Harvey's faith"

You are still a liar Harlan. Show me where I said that.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
once Woody took jabs at Harv's faith.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 11:14 AM
I was not criticisizng Harvey in any way, I was just making light of a situation which has been blown out of proportion.

I don't see it that way. Not at all. You butted in because it was Woody, who is part of the Harlan Huckleby "clique". He's popular with you, and therefore you looked the other way with his transgression even though you disagree with it. In fact you went so far as to try and make a joke out of it to cover it up.

If others had made the same type of comments, you would have been quick to denounce them. Your morals and virtue conveniently morph as the situation dictates.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 11:15 AM
once Woody took jabs at Harv's faith.

Ok, so you're still a liar. I suggest you remove the quotation marks - Dipshit. Or at least put what I actually said between the quote marks.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 11:23 AM
And to keep dragging this out is stupid.

I suggest you count the number of posts you've made in this thread.

Pot, meet stupid.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2007, 11:25 AM
I love Woody. Is that so wrong? I didn't want to feel this way.

retailguy
10-07-2007, 12:38 PM
If the two of you aren't careful, the "forum ettiquette" person will come in here and tell you all how it is. see, it is more important how the other person RECEIVES what you say, than it actually is what you MEANT to say, or actually SAID. As crazy as this sounds, I assure you it is true.

Your sarcasm is approaching the limit of understanding. If I were you, I'd be careful. Just a word of warning from someone who has been there.... :wink:

RashanGary
10-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Does it come as a suprise to anyone that a post questioning someones faith and commitment to god turned into something so heated? Keep in mind that questioning one persons faith is indirectly questioning MANY peoples faith.

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 01:47 PM

That is Christian.

Certainly.

I think you owe Harv an apology. In my opinion your comments were out of line and uncalled for. Leave his faith out of your disagreement.

What are you his Mother. . .Scott.

Harvey and I are just fine man . . .so relax and stop trying to take this to the dogs as is your nature.

RELAX Scott

Him8123
10-07-2007, 01:53 PM
anybody ever see that episode of South Park, where everything offended everybody. kind of like I`m watching the show again...

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 01:53 PM
I was not criticisizng Harvey in any way, I was just making light of a situation which has been blown out of proportion.

I don't see it that way. Not at all. You butted in because it was Woody, who is part of the Harlan Huckleby "clique". He's popular with you, and therefore you looked the other way with his transgression even though you disagree with it. In fact you went so far as to try and make a joke out of it to cover it up.

If others had made the same type of comments, you would have been quick to denounce them. Your morals and virtue conveniently morph as the situation dictates.

Yea Scott you make this into an Epic War issue. Why are you so into DRAMA.

I believe that you must be a man in your 35-45 years old and you act sometimes like the petulant schoolyard bully that could not fight your way out of a wet paper bag so you sass and cuss and toss stones from a far.

You act like the busy body that any neighborhood dreads.

Act more like a man. Grow the H up please.

If I harmed Harvey he would PM me Scott and we would discuss the matter as mature gentleman not teens.

Grow up Scott.

Lurker64
10-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Does anybody else wish we could talk more about football and less about each other?

So, how about that potential Robinson reinstatement...

OS PA
10-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Does anybody else wish we could talk more about football and less about each other?

Bodiford will get cut down to the PS again, Robinson will take his spot. Blackmon will be put on IR and we'll promote someone up from the PS to take his spot.

Robinson will help with Kickoff return yards and Favre showed, in the three or four games that Robinson played, that he likes him as a receiver. He'll bring another dimension to our passing attack. He's the deep threat we've been looking for.

Carolina_Packer
10-07-2007, 02:21 PM

Bodiford will get cut down to the PS again, Robinson will take his spot. Blackmon will be put on IR and we'll promote someone up from the PS to take his spot.

Robinson will help with Kickoff return yards and Favre showed, in the three or four games that Robinson played, that he likes him as a receiver. He'll bring another dimension to our passing attack. He's the deep threat we've been looking for.

Yeah, hopefully K-Rob wasn't training with Justin Harrell or Robert Meachem this past off-season. :D

RashanGary
10-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah, hopefully K-Rob wasn't training with Justin Harrell or Robert Meachem this past off-season. :D

Hey, watch it :)

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 04:17 PM
If I harmed Harvey he would PM me Scott and we would discuss the matter as mature gentleman not teens.

Grow up Scott.

Leave your religious sanctimony out of football discussions, and I'll "grow up" for you Woody. Your comments could be offensive to any of the many fans holding similar views on Robinson.

Old man, I know you can't admit you were wrong in front of this forum. You're too weak and mentally frail. And mostly, you are exactly what you accuse Ted Tompson of being - a raving ego-maniac. That's why you can't do it.

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 11:11 PM

Sorry Scott, I think I was unclear. I was making the point that Woody is a hypocrite, crying foul whenever anyone offends him but then making comments like this.

Hey. Who is handing out the girl guide cookies. . .

Will you three just get over yourselves.

I am not slamming anyone esp. Harvey Re: his religion.

You fellas are out to lunch. I do not get it. If I slam Harvey I slam myself.

Try reading comprehension SC,Falco and JH.

Come on down fr. your lofty bunks.

I am saying that a Christian endeavours not to judge, that is all.

No more than that.

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 11:13 PM
To blow this up to "Woody's questioning Harvey's faith"

You are still a liar Harlan. Show me where I said that.

GROW UP PLEASE SCOTT.

REALLY Man.

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 11:41 PM

Grow up Scott.

Leave your religious sanctimony out of football discussions, and I'll "grow up" for you Woody. Your comments could be offensive to any of the many fans holding similar views on Robinson.

Old man, I know you can't admit you were wrong in front of this forum. You're too weak and mentally frail. And mostly, you are exactly what you accuse Ted Tompson of being - a raving ego-maniac. That's why you can't do it.

READ my post and follow up posts with an open mind Scott Campbell.

It was never my position to harm Harvey in any way.Simply to call on his faith for fairness and an open mind.

Something you fail at Scott Campbell, whenever you believe that you smell blood.

You are an adult with the mental capacity to act like a juvenile schoolyard bully.

That must be challenging for you. :)

My sympathys.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Told you he wouldn't man up.

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Told you he wouldn't man up.

You are a sick man Scott. Get some help.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 11:49 PM

That is Christian.

Woody's sermon of the week. Agree with him. It's the Christian thing to do.

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 11:55 PM

That is Christian.

Woody's sermon of the week. Agree with him. It's the Christian thing to do.

Scott how about two tylenol and a large glass of warm milk. . .

GO to bed man. :)

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 11:58 PM

NOT Christian Harvey.....................

woodbuck27
10-08-2007, 12:05 AM

Shaking my head.

You poor poor man.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:16 AM

Shaking my head.

You poor poor man.

Woody, I know you're an egomaniac and stubborn, but even you should have been able to figure out that you screwed up once Harlan started the Who's A Better Christian thread.

By the way, you're currently losing 8-2. Maybe you could pray for a few more votes.

Pacopete4
10-08-2007, 12:23 AM
jesus.. enough with the personal attacks and leave relgion outta the forums please.. this is for packer, or football fans to discuss the packers.. the end

woodbuck27
10-08-2007, 12:28 AM
jesus.. enough with the personal attacks and leave relgion outta the forums please.. this is for packer, or football fans to discuss the packers.. the end

I never intended to upset anyone Scott and Harvey if I harmed you in any manner I aplogize.

I want Koren Robinson to have a solid chance to help us.

I believe that given that chance he may really feel the need to turn his life around rather than fallng flat on his nose before getting just to that.

I want the Packers to support him one more time.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:30 AM
I never intended to upset anyone Scott and Harvey if I harmed you in any manner I aplogize.

Apology accepted.

Pacopete4
10-08-2007, 12:33 AM
i feel like Dr. Phil... but not as lame haha

woodbuck27
10-08-2007, 12:35 AM

Apology accepted.

I am not apologizing to you Scott nor defending myself to you before this forum.

I only allow you to go on because that is just your way.

Now take a hike please.

Thanks Scott. :)

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:37 AM

Apology accepted.

I am not apologizing to you Scott.......

Too late Woody - you already did.

We've been warning you about your punctuation.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 12:39 AM
By the way, you're currently losing 8-2. Maybe you could pray for a few more votes.

prayer answered! Woody just got another vote!

We had party A say something unpleasant to party B, followed by two days of party C demanding an apology.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:41 AM

prayer answered! Woody just got another vote!

Probably a sympathy vote, much like your dates.

On the other hand, maybe Woody finally got around to voting for himself.

:lol:

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 12:42 AM
the lord works in strange and wonderous ways.

I will not be the least bit surprised to wake up tomorrow morning and see Woody voted Christian Numero Uno.

In fact, I half expect it.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:44 AM

I will not be the least bit surprised to wake up tomorrow morning and see Woody voted Christian Numero Uno.

Really??? Holy shit - I better start being nicer to him.

GrnBay007
10-08-2007, 12:47 AM
I hope Robinson returns. He has talent, and with our Jennings injury and hopefully a TEMPORARY problem with JJ fumbling, we could use him.

woodbuck27
10-08-2007, 12:48 AM

Shaking my head.

You poor poor man.

Woody, I know you're an egomaniac and stubborn, but even you should have been able to figure out that you screwed up once Harlan started the Who's A Better Christian thread.

Jeeeezzzz Scott you had a regular Salem Witch Hunt going on there.

Was I going to get a last meal (question mark).

I have a francophone key board Scott where I am visiting with friends - so I cannot punctuate ie question mark as normal.

A question mark in French is like this:

É

Is that OK with you Scott É :)

GrnBay007
10-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I hope Robinson returns. He has talent, and with our Jennings injury and hopefully a TEMPORARY problem with JJ fumbling, we could use him.

woodbuck27
10-08-2007, 12:52 AM

Really??? Holy shit - I better start being nicer to him.

I am just a lowly Methodist. :)

Handicapped.

Yet endeavour to be a darn nice fella all the same.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:52 AM

I agree with you. Twice.

woodbuck27
10-08-2007, 12:53 AM

I agree with you. Twice.

Ahhhh twice a Christian.

Good night.

I have to go to bed and say my prayers, for I have sinned.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:56 AM

I agree with you. Twice.

Ahhhh twice a Christian.

Good night.

I have to go to bed and saay mu prayers for I have sinned.

I'm guessing you'll leave people's faith out of threads from now on.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm guessing you'll leave people's faith out of threads from now on.

And I hope this serves as a lesson not only to Woody, but to each and every one of you out there: Use the word "unchristian", and you WILL be hounded for 48 hours.

http://fuunji.net/gagtyu/2905.gif

The power of Christ compells you!

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Scott, you're my boy blue.

FritzDontBlitz
10-09-2007, 10:02 AM

christians are people who prepare for the worst but always hope for the best. i should know, i've been one for almost 26 years. i am hopeful k-rob returns but i think the team is well prepared to go on if he isnt reinstated.

i think k-rob would be excellent for our return game, and even if he is just mediocre at best, i believe he returned punts as well? if so, it would free woodson up from return duties and spare him the extra wear and tear of taking hits returning punts.

just my opinion, and goodell could go hardass on him and say no. but i think he will be an asset and i am hopeful that he is able to stay clean and reclaim his life whether he is able to rejoin the team or not.

but, as always, these are just my opinions. peace.

Carolina_Packer
10-09-2007, 10:21 AM
I hope he gets another chance. That does not mean I dismiss what he did, especially considering he was drunk driving, and a repeat offender. Had he killed someone, and given the tougher new conduct policy, his career would be in doubt.

Above all else, you hope that he's reformed within himself, that he has sworn off alcohol, has treated/mastered his disease, has learned a lot during his legal process and his suspension, and that he's grown to appreciate what a privilege it is to play pro sports, and how quickly it can be taken away. I'm sure there were some tough days. Aside from the danger that he could have put someone else and himself being drunk behind the wheel, I think these issues are really self-destructive issues. Again, hopefully he has shown himself, his teammates and the league that he has his demons in check and he's ready to resume his career. Here's hoping there is a happy ending for K-Rob. I do believe alcoholism is a disease.

Cheesehead Craig
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Now, back to K-Rob.

I see his help moreso as a fill-in at WR on occassion and as our punt returner, that way Woodson doesn't have to get hit any more than necessary. We likely will put him back on KO as well, but Tramon Williams is really showing some ability back there. There still needs to be improved blocking on the unit.

AtlPackFan
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Sorry...I haven't been able to keep up on this topic. When is a decision expected to come down???

SkinBasket
10-09-2007, 02:54 PM
We had party A say something unpleasant to party B, followed by two days of party C demanding an apology.

Don't forget party D (yes, that's you Harlan), who's been giving his own one-sided "commentary" the entire time. I guess when you see yourself as omnipotent, you don't assign yourself a letter though.

More shtick from another of your friends, hey Harlan?

As far as Robinson goes there's no reason to not reinstate him. He served his time without any headlines. Outside of being recognized for saving homeless drunks from an abandoned house fire, that's the best you could ask for. Lining up a 4 WR set with DD, Jennings, JJ, and Krob all running around sounds appealing to me, but I would assume it takes until mid-November for him to become effective.

The Leaper
10-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Robinson could provide some of the needed help running slants. He has the size and speed to be a real threat in that function.

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2007, 03:54 PM

Don't forget party D (yes, that's you Harlan), who's been giving his own one-sided "commentary" the entire time. I guess when you see yourself as omnipotent, you don't assign yourself a letter though.

More shtick from another of your friends, hey Harlan?

I don't care about any of the parties.

I asked Scott to end his holy crusuade. Listening to one Christian repeatedly demand repentence from another Christian was a bit ironic and stomach-turning. Scott went into counter-attack mode and I got stuck answering him. I just wanted this over-blown opera to end, preferably with laughter, because the crime involved was pretty silly.

And what are you looking for by entering the fray ?

HarveyWallbangers
10-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I get the feeling that Harlan doesn't like Scott or Skin. Kind of strange since he always sticks up for the "misunderstood" ones. Personally, I think those two qualify for protection.

SkinBasket
10-09-2007, 04:15 PM
And what are you looking for by entering the fray ?

I'm sorry, did I need to ask your permission first?

I'm thoroughly convinced that all you want is for the drama to end. Thoroughly. Completely. Absolutely...

Oh, the humanity!

No, seriously. Completely. Absolutely. Thoroughly convinced. Totally.

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I like Skinbasket.

I enjoy arguing with Skinbasket about politics because it's like picking the wings off of a fly. I confess to taking a cruel pleasure at his squirming. And he keeps coming back.

I don't ever dislike Skinbasket, even when he sprays a rectal mist my way.

Mostly I like Scott too. He's funny, and usually a decent fellow. When he goes on a mission, I do detest him.

I never defend people because I like them. Or even becasue they are misunderstood. I HATE when personal vendettas get rolling, especially when one side is in a more vulnerable position, like if people gang up.

HarveyWallbangers
10-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I reckon that's bullshit, but if it makes you feel happy. I doubt you would have taken Scott's side if the roles were reversed, but you liked that woody took a potshot at my supposedly "anti-Christian" stance. I liked the funny Harlan better. Where did he go?

If Woody is going to say dumb stuff, leave it up to him to defend himself. I was always one of Woody's biggest backers, but I don't know what happened to that guy either.

Freak Out
10-09-2007, 04:35 PM

I hope Robinson returns. He has talent and with the Jennings injury we could use him.

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Scott's side if the roles were reversed

I would have. absolutely.

but you liked that woody took a potshot at my supposedly "anti-Christian" stance.

actually i did like it, I confess. not because it was a fair or appropriate thing to say. It was out of line.

I liked it because it made me laugh. There is something ironic about it.

I expected the Woodman to catch some flack. I just didn't want to see the bitter vibe dragged on with more demands for confession. I have a hunch Woody was embarassed enough.

HarveyWallbangers
10-09-2007, 04:42 PM
This is the biggest problem that I had with it. Woody says something like that, but has been posting stuff like this. Can you say hypocrite? This is from one post. He's had hundreds of posts like this.

What a bunch of candy ass's.

I'm clearly anti TT. Why would that be?

I don't like TT because he hasn't the skills to stand up and be counted. He has little respect for the fan and he has ignored the needs and skills of Brett Favre to enable the Packers to have any real opportunity to win.

Ted Thompson acts in so many ways like an egotistic coward.

TT continues to supply us with a watered down product.

The ego of this man is overwhelming at times.

People here are willing to allow TT this season and the result better be impressive or they will no longer toss their support blindly behind him.

For all that is sensible do you really believe that our team will be prepared to win in 2007?

or did he act like the shifty, bad assed (cocky). lazy and cheap with the purse strings GM that I see?

I certainly don't admire Ted Thompson, and I am sure I will see the day his ass is sent packing out of Green Bay?

He's a mere myth and alot of you here have created him.

Go on dreaming!!

SkinBasket
10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I just wanted this over-blown opera to end...

Freak Out
10-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I worship Ninkasi the Sumerian goddess of brewing/beer so I guess that makes me un-Christian as well as drunk.....

Fire away do gooders!

Joemailman
10-09-2007, 06:40 PM

I think Harvey has a hard time believing in K-Rob because Koren sounds a lot like Koran.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2007, 11:33 PM
I asked Scott to end his holy crusuade. Listening to one Christian repeatedly demand repentence from another Christian was a bit ironic and stomach-turning.

So you assumed I am a Christian?

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2007, 11:44 PM
http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/puritan/judge.jpg

am i close?

Scott Campbell
10-09-2007, 11:47 PM
http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/puritan/judge.jpg

am i close?

Are you ever?

And now I find it ironic that it made your tummy hurt even though you weren't really listening to one Christian repeatedly demand repentence from another Christian.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
I have a hunch Woody was embarassed enough.

One would think so.

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2007, 11:58 PM
he said what he felt at the moment.

Lots of times you might think what somebody else says is unchristian. That's no big deal. The problem is saying it.

And then that inadvisable comment gets challenged, and talked about over and over again until it becomes a big hairy deal.

Really, just a dust-up between Woody & Harvey. They should have settled it.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 12:12 AM
he said what he felt at the moment.

Lots of times you might think what somebody else says is unchristian. That's no big deal. The problem is saying it.

And then that inadvisable comment gets challenged, and talked about over and over again until it becomes a big hairy deal.

Really, just a dust-up between Woody & Harvey. They should have settled it.

It's a public comment in a public forum, subject to being read to and responded by everyone here. If you want to stay out of it - fine. That's your peragative.

But I will post wherever I feel necessary. You don't make rules here Harlan. And if you did, I think everyone else would leave. Except maybe Woody.

Harlan Huckleby
10-10-2007, 12:16 AM
But I will post wherever I feel necessary. You don't make rules here Harlan. And if you did, I think everyone else would leave. Except maybe Woody.

You do have a flare for the dramatic! :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
10-10-2007, 12:23 AM
And now I find it ironic that it made your tummy hurt even though you weren't really listening to one Christian repeatedly demand repentence from another Christian.

actually a non-Christian demanding repentence is even more disturbing.

your right to extract vengence is enshrined in the bylaws, as you say.

best wishes in your future endeavors.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 12:28 AM
...... demanding repentence........

Well, there you go again. I guess some might call that a little embellishing. I happen to think you're just a run of the mill liar.

Partial
10-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Robinson will do wonders for our return games if he can emulate what he did in Minnesota. He is tall, fast and thick. He could potentially be a deep threat for our team, too.

5 wide with Ruvell's height, Jennings and Driver's route running and separation abilities, and Jones and Robinson's physicality. They could be pretty darn good in a 5 wide set if Robinson is in shape.

HarveyWallbangers
10-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Robinson could help with the return game and in the passing game in subpackages if he gets reinstated and stays clean.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 12:57 AM

:shock:

Woody,

I see you as someone who gets nasty on occasion. I find it inexcusable, even if you are Mr. Rodgers 99% of the time.

You are right that crap really doesn't stick. When Nutz or Scott Campbell are waxing about the evil that lies within Harlan Huckleby, it doesn't really get me upset at the time, and I doubt many people change opinions because of their remarks. But it does leave sour feelings.

I get tired of people ripping into Tank. Now, he certainly does bait, and his repetitiousness gets old. But he is also good natured, and entertaining to some. How many times do we have to listen to people lecture him about hard work and the american way? It is very gutless to attack Tank, he leaves himself wide open. The tirades about Tank are more tiresome than Tank!

When disturbing people, such as myself or Tank, get personally attacked, people look the other way.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 01:14 AM

I am tired of ALL the goddamn speech making about the scourge known as Tank. And the threat to leave the forum over him is particularly laughable.

Tank and the Tank phenomena are not interesting or significant. All you guys patting yourselves on the back about taking a righteous stand against Tank are foolish. Many people dislike his posts, fine, it is cowardly and pointless to keep piling on.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 01:17 AM

Oh please.

I am tired of the huffing and puffing. If somebody threatens to leave the forum because they are upset by a poster, or a few threads, they should just be ignored.

woodbuck27
10-10-2007, 01:25 AM
This is the biggest problem that I had with it. Woody says something like that, but has been posting stuff like this. Can you say hypocrite? This is from one post. He's had hundreds of posts like this.

I'm clearly anti TT. Why would that be?

I don't like TT because he hasn't the skills to stand up and be counted. He has little respect for the fan and he has ignored the needs and skills of Brett Favre to enable the Packers to have any real opportunity to win.

Ted Thompson acts in so many ways like an egotistic coward.

TT continues to supply us with a watered down product.

The ego of this man is overwhelming at times.

People here are willing to allow TT this season and the result better be impressive or they will no longer toss their support blindly behind him.

For all that is sensible do you really believe that our team will be prepared to win in 2007?

or did he act like the shifty, bad assed (cocky). lazy and cheap with the purse strings GM that I see?

I certainly don't admire Ted Thompson, and I am sure I will see the day his ass is sent packing out of Green Bay?

He's a mere myth and alot of you here have created him.

Go on dreaming!!

Gee. I was bang on that day with my feelings. :)

Thanks for reminding me Harvey of where my position lies, in regard to the almost casual approach he demonstrates regarding his managing skills.

I have been wondering since Sunday just why our HC dramatically and incorrectly adjusted our game plan that allowed the Bears back in the NFCN É

Favre clearly has been and will continue to be our best chance for the W.

That only is untrue when his passing skills are shutdown by a game plan that had the strength of a beached whale at high noon, as demonstrated in the second half of da Bear - Packer matchup.

We had the W in our pocket, if we simply followed through on the game plan in the first half. What is not broken needs no fixing.

It was not the time, to imagine or otherwse attempt to execute any improvement, over what I witnessed as near perfection fr. our O in the first half of the Bear game.

We may be recalling this game for a long time, if things sour for us and we falter over the remaining schedule.

The game where Lovie Smith waited patiently to press a smackdown on our team, because our offense was hancuffed by unimaginative play calling rather than went simply going south.

I will now trust that MM went to school again for a second week. I trust that. We will never play a worse half during the remainder of the schedule.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 01:26 AM

Nutz, I am not taking a break, I am going to not post here anymore. And the real reason is I am changing priorities in my life. This forum is too addictive for me to dabble in.

I am not mad at Madtown or anybody else. Mad treated me crappy because he is kind of an idiot. So what. We'll be friends again and chat occasionally in IM, despite his macho statements to contrary now.

I am lurking in here because I don't want to leave with bad feelings, so many great memories of characters here. Your statement about me wanting to sour the forum, uhh, sorry you have this impression. I am rebellious, and speak-up to authority. And there's the pitch black sense of humor.

Anyway, anybody can email me at RBurger@SequelSolutions.biz, my name is Dick Burger, "Harlan Huckleby" is now retired. I am staying away from the forum because it is best for me to go cold turkey, not because the forum isn't a blast.

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/media.canada.com/8c8b3290-2b08-4dc6-8e3e-2cc645fdfe05/070920_crocker.jpg

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 01:28 AM

Woody has that Canadian Mounty bluster, but he was hurt very badly.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 01:30 AM

I'm your host Scott Campbell - thank you for joining us for another exciting episode of Fuckleby Theater.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 01:36 AM
I enjoy arguing with Skinbasket about politics because it's like picking the wings off of a fly. I confess to taking a cruel pleasure at his squirming. And he keeps coming back.

Yeah, you really showed him. This post appeared to be particularly devastating to Skin. Poor guy.

Nutz, I am not taking a break, I am going to not post here anymore. And the real reason is I am changing priorities in my life. This forum is too addictive for me to dabble in.

woodbuck27
10-10-2007, 01:56 AM

I am not mad at Madtown or anybody else. Mad treated me crappy because he is kind of an idiot. So what. We'll be friends again and chat occasionally in IM, despite his macho statements to contrary now.

I am lurking in here because I don't want to leave with bad feelings, so many great memories of characters here. Your statement about me wanting to sour the forum, uhh, sorry you have this impression. I am rebellious, and speak-up to authority. And there's the pitch black sense of humor.

Anyway, anybody can email me at RBurger@SequelSolutions.biz, my name is Dick Burger, "Harlan Huckleby" is now retired. I am staying away from the forum because it is best for me to go cold turkey, not because the forum isn't a blast.

Scott,

Does actiing badly, towrothers give you some form of a rush É

You acting foolishly SC.

Maybe this question will cause you to give your head a shake É and not be

Do you have your Chuckie doll out of your bedroom and sitting next to your keyboard É

There is a vast differens bet.

What do you gain in not forgetting any past bet. you and I and HarlanHuckleby É

GI OG

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Do you have your Chuckie doll out of your bedroom and sitting next to your keyboard É

Who told you about my Chuckie doll???

Scott Campbell
10-10-2007, 02:14 AM
What do you gain in not forgetting any past bet. you and I and HarlanHuckleby É

Good greif, here come the love triangle rumors.

You can't blame that one on your keyboard Woody. We need to get you into some English classes.

Rastak
10-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Do mods have the ability to lock threads?

Cheesehead Craig
10-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Do mods have the ability to lock threads?
+1.

This has gotten way past the point of ridiculousness.

Zool
10-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Good lord. Again with the bickering in the Packer room and nothing in the least to do with football.

You kids need to start taking all of this shit to the romper room. Thats why it exists.

SkinBasket
10-10-2007, 12:12 PM
This has gotten way past the point of ridiculousness.

And arrived in the realm of awesomeness.