PDA

View Full Version : Wynn's True Fan Club - now accepting applications

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2007, 07:31 PM
WTF! WTF! All aboard!

Brando19
10-07-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm in. I'm in! I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
ok, just one itsy bitsy discouraging word: how the fuck does a guy get leg cramps after one drive? And a florida man at that?

now, I know guys with very low body fat are susceptible to cramping. But one glance at the tv indicates that our man is not fighting that problem. :)

I don't think DW is in top condition.

Pacopete4
10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
sometimes things just happen.. theres not explanation

Brohm
10-07-2007, 11:08 PM
I like how he runs, but he has to man up and get in shape/take care of himself. He is supposed to be a professional. You don't get cramps after 5 plays geeze.

BallHawk
10-07-2007, 11:14 PM
You can go ahead and deny my application. I don't want to be a member.

Pacopete4
10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
ahman green used to come outta the game too.. he was a freak of nature.. i dont think it really had to do with being outta shape ha

Brohm
10-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Ahman had asthma. Sucked but it was out there and everyone new about it. What is Wynn's medical condition that leaves him unable to continue after one series? Exhaustion due to being out of shape and missing all of training camp or not being aware that you need to drink plenty of fluids on an 86 degree/humid day? GD make it through a quarter at least.

Pacopete4
10-07-2007, 11:40 PM
he only played one quarter? it sure seemed like i saw him running around in the second half as well.. cramps happen, hes not the first player to get em

Brohm
10-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Never said he played one quarter. He came back after the half. One series and out? That's my problem right there. Cramps do happen, you are correct. After the initial series though? No, that's not being up to snuff for whatever reason.

woodbuck27
10-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Never said he played one quarter. He came back after the half. One series and out? That's my problem right there. Cramps do happen, you are correct. After the initial series though? No, that's not being up to snuff for whatever reason.

Anytime I see a packer RB go for even 4 yards I get excited.

I liked his effort overall and esp. the TD run.

Yes he looked out of shape but this is likely a fella that never believes he will get the all go fr. his HC.

He needs to believe and be patient.

woodbuck27
10-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Rushing

.............ATT YDS TD LG
** D. Wynn 13 78 1 44
Wynn averages 6 yards per carry.

Total Offense (### add it up).

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
B. Favre 29/40 322 1 2

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
D. Wynn 13 78 1 44
V. Morency 9 43 0 15

### 443 yards and we lose. Uhhh !!

TO ratio. To many penaltys. Nick Barnett and that face mask.

Hurting at Center and left side of our OL.

Charles Woodson on and off - hot and cold.

Nick Collins lost in space. Do we have to wait till December for him to turn it up. . .

WE still need to play a full game Vs the rush. We give up to many 5-7 yard runs.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 12:57 AM
he only played one quarter? it sure seemed like i saw him running around in the second half as well.. cramps happen, hes not the first player to get em

ya, he came back in 2nd half.

Sorry for being stubborn, but cramping up in the first 5 minutes of the game is on the player. Outta shape.

But I'm still on the bandwagon, he's a good player, and probably the best runner they got.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 01:10 AM

I think you're much more likely to cramp up after a long run. But still, he needs to eat more bannanas or something.

Noodle
10-08-2007, 01:25 AM
I think you're much more likely to cramp up after a long run. But still, he needs to eat more bannanas or something.

Midol?

Honestly, how can it be possible for a guy in week 5 of the NFL season to be in anything but world class condition? And it's not like he's coming off a string of 30 carry games.

Sure, it was warm tonight, but as another poster pointed out, the kid is from Florida. Reminds me of the classic Harry Caray quote "How does a kid from Mexico lose the ball in the sun?"

KYPack
10-08-2007, 07:24 AM

Midol?

Honestly, how can it be possible for a guy in week 5 of the NFL season to be in anything but world class condition? And it's not like he's coming off a string of 30 carry games.

Sure, it was warm tonight, but as another poster pointed out, the kid is from Florida. Reminds me of the classic Harry Caray quote "How does a kid from Mexico lose the ball in the sun?"

He's from Reading Ohio, a Cincinnati suburb. I don't think his cardio is right where it ought to be, but it doesn't mean you are out of shape when you catch a leg cramp. Different guys are susceptible to leg cramping, whether they are in CV shape or not.

Wynn is heavily muscled and seems to cramp easily. He's gotta get with the medical guys and work out a formula to get hydrated. Guys that are in shape have a tendency to cramp more than dudes that haven't worked out and aren't in good condition.

retailguy
10-08-2007, 08:28 AM
the cramping aside, I'm in. sign me up. If he conquers laziness, this guy could be a force for a couple of years.

LL2
10-08-2007, 08:59 AM
I like the guy and think he should be the starter and have for a few weeks. Jackson doesn't appear to have it or just isn't ready. Having Wynn and Morency share the load worked and if we can get 120 yards every week from the two it will help the Pack win down the stretch. I'm in!

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Guys that are in shape have a tendency to cramp more than dudes that haven't worked out and aren't in good condition.

This is sort-of true. Guys who have very low body fat are susceptible to cramping. But guys at the other end of the spectrum, in poor condition are also more vulnerable.

Watching Wynn on that bike on the sideline, he's got a gut. He is not in good physical condition, and THAT is the problem.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Having Wynn and Morency share the load worked and if we can get 120 yards every week from the two it will help the Pack win down the stretch. I'm in!

ya, Wynn & Morency look like their best two backs. I was a little surprised that Grant got zero carries, since he was active. Morency is not 100% yet and Wynn was having some trouble.

Bretsky
01-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Has this club been disbanded yet :lol: :?:

pbmax
01-03-2008, 10:29 PM
I think we should keep it around, like a relic of the past. Sort of like old laws that are still on the books about parking your horse downtown :D

Guiness
01-04-2008, 04:13 AM
True...like True Blue. Seems he might be closer to the toughness of Madona than Maradona.

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2008, 10:00 AM
He will be back. Oh yes, he will be back.

Fritz
01-04-2008, 10:01 AM
He's a Wynner, just like all us fan club members, who have to keep the faith!

RashanGary
01-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I like the way he ran when he was in. He's a big, fast back who can make guys miss when he has to.

He has talent. He's a guy that could come in to camp next year in great shape and make our stable of backs stronger. He's a guy who could sit on his butt all of season and be out of the NFL too. He's also a guy who might not be able to get on the field because of injuries. I like his talent. I havn't given up on him, but I do think it looks worse now than it did in the beginning of the season when he was running better than the rest of the backs on our roster.

I'll be curious to see what shape he comes into camp. That will be the big teller of whether or not he'll be in the league for a few years or done.

Scott Campbell
01-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Guys obtained for 6th round picks usually turn into studs. 7th rounders have no chance.

BallHawk
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Never was a member and never plan to be.

The guy won't be a Packer come next September.

oregonpackfan
01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I like the way he ran when he was in. He's a big, fast back who can make guys miss when he has to.

He has talent. He's a guy that could come in to camp next year in great shape and make our stable of backs stronger. He's a guy who could sit on his butt all of season and be out of the NFL too. He's also a guy who might not be able to get on the field because of injuries. I like his talent. I havn't given up on him, but I do think it looks worse now than it did in the beginning of the season when he was running better than the rest of the backs on our roster.

I'll be curious to see what shape he comes into camp. That will be the big teller of whether or not he'll be in the league for a few years or done.

Excellent post, JH!

I agree this guy has talent as an RB. If he can stay committed to a good off the season conditioning program, he might have a good future in the NFL.