PDA

View Full Version : Greg Jennings

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 10:15 PM
85 is a very talented player but his talent does this team absolutely no good when he is always hurt. This wr corp is really missing him in the fourth quarter. Looks like a Paper Packer :(

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 10:29 PM
he came back in, must not be that serious

GrnBay007
10-07-2007, 11:28 PM
They used the word "fragile" tonight in the same sentence as Jennings. I'm beginning to wonder. Love the guy, but all the injuries are disappointing.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Ben Sheets?

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 11:31 PM
DeShawn Wynn plays tough.

Greg Jennings will be injured a lot it seems now to me.

Sad.

BallHawk
10-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Ben Sheets?

Here's a doomsday comparison for you.

Ben Sheets is to Greg Jennings as......

Ned Yost is to Mike McCarthy.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:33 PM
McCarthy is much better imo. He had a rough night tonight but he will learn.

Maxie the Taxi
10-07-2007, 11:34 PM
One game ain't gonna change the way I feel about MM or Jennings. Both will be OK.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:37 PM
85 is too soft, he just seems to have the body type that can't hold up to the rigors of the NFL. I like him also but let's start to notice the trend that is now being shown.

Maxie the Taxi
10-07-2007, 11:41 PM
85 is too soft, he just seems to have the body type that can't hold up to the rigors of the NFL. I like him also but let's start to notice the trend that is now being shown.

The trend I prefer to notice is scoring touchdowns in three games in a row. Eventually, he'll smarten up and learn how to survive in this league. (I got to play favorites when it comes to #85. :) )

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:44 PM
I hope you are correct cause he has talent

Noodle
10-08-2007, 12:33 AM
um, folks, you do realize that the Packer offense is based on plays like slants, seams, and skinny posts that put receivers in extremely vulnerable positions? It ain't like Jennings gets to run go patterns down the sideline. If you send guys over the middle as much as we do, they're going to get whacked.

And I've said before that Favre in the past (though not as much this year) has a penchant for putting his receivers in a bad place with high balls that require them to extend and expose.

If you run a YAC offense, you have to expect your receivers are going to get hurt.

Pacopete4
10-08-2007, 12:35 AM
injuries happen... Driver gets hurt a lot too, just never enough to take him outta the game.. I totally agree that the main reason is the style of our offense and that is why its so critical to have 3 good WR's and a pretty decent one in Martin as well.

The Leaper
10-08-2007, 11:19 AM
um, folks, you do realize that the Packer offense is based on plays like slants, seams, and skinny posts that put receivers in extremely vulnerable positions? It ain't like Jennings gets to run go patterns down the sideline. If you send guys over the middle as much as we do, they're going to get whacked.

And I've said before that Favre in the past (though not as much this year) has a penchant for putting his receivers in a bad place with high balls that require them to extend and expose.

If you run a YAC offense, you have to expect your receivers are going to get hurt.

True, but I don't remember seeing Jennings get hung out to dry last night. Driver has taken plenty of abuse, yet rarely is off the field for any reason.

To this point in his career, Jennings has shown himself to be somewhat fragile...regardless of scheme or any other variables.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 11:41 AM
watching Favre stand next to Jennings, Jennings looks like a little boy. He really is a small guy.

rpiotr01
10-08-2007, 12:01 PM
In the Packers O Jennings does run the sideline routes. Driver and Jones run the underneath stuff. Occasionally Jennings goes over the middle down field (deep slants, like against SD and MN), but for the most part he's not taking the rough stuff.

If you remember Jennings was complaining in TC that he wasn't getting the ball thrown his way because his role was basically to run the deeper route. Jones got a lot of touches because he ran more underneath patterns. So if anything the big problem isn't Jennings getting hurt, it's Jones' fumbles.

Patler
10-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Ooops.

lod01
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
He took a pretty good shot at the end of the 1st half. He did man up and get back in the game in the 4th Q. Had that been pussboy Ferguson, you would be looking at a 4 game deactivation. Is that what you want? The guy is good, obviously, as when he was out the O stunk it up.

privatepacker
10-08-2007, 02:43 PM
I have noticed that when Jennings isn't on the field they seem to lack a lot of firepower. Maybe when Koren comes back, we won't be so dependent on him for plays.

Deputy Nutz
10-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Ankles gets twisted and Shoulders get bruised. It is football. Young guys take time to adjust to the speed and power of the game especially when they come from smaller schools.

Once again Woodbuck has no idea what he talking about, Wynn isn't tough, he got tired out from one series, I have never seen that before, that is being out of shape, a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Jennings makes tough catches or at least attempts them, its not like he is Robert Ferguson.

I think this thread is a bit blown out of proportion.

Comparing a baseball player to a football player is a stretch in any regard. Football is a contact sport, injuries play a huge part of the game you expect them in football

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 04:46 PM
The reality is that 85 does seem proned to injury like Sheets is. This is just the way it seems to be for him at this point in his short career. A guy that is often hurt does a team no good.

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2007, 08:26 PM
How many snaps did Jennings miss in this game?

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 09:14 PM
I think at most only a quarters worth but he did manage to come back in but he did nothing when he came back.

RashanGary
10-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Do you ever do anything but complain bulldog?

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 09:27 PM
I am a bit negative at times but I point out the obvious also :lol: heck, I haven't complained about Brett all season yet. My complaints this year are mostly about 85 always seeming to be injured, Collins lack of any instincts, an inconsistent passrush and the absence of Hawk at lb. I almost forgot, the lack of a runing game also. :)

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I thought that somebody would throw the dog a bone after sticking up for Brett when some were calling him out for his errant throw yesterday.

RashanGary
10-08-2007, 09:32 PM
I'll help

Hawk will be more than fine
Jennings is a playmaker
The running game does suck
Collins is a below average safety
The defense is good
and
Favre is one of the greatest football players to ever play the game

Hopefully that helped :)

Bretsky
10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I thought that somebody would throw the dog a bone after sticking up for Brett when some were calling him out for his errant throw yesterday.

I was not around or I would have; with that being said I do think you'll be one of the top prospects to throw him under the bus when he has one of those bad games he pulls out each year.

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 09:35 PM
If he does have a bad game next weekend, I will dog him but only if he starts throwing pics. He has played very well as of late and every QB is going to make some bad plays, so yesterdays pic was a bad throw but I can live with that one.

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 09:37 PM
85 is one hell of a playmaker when he is ON THE FIELD! Collins is very weak but still could improve, Hawk is no where near many in here thought he would be, the D will get lit up against the better offenses in the league and Brett truely is one of the best ever

Rastak
10-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I'll help

Jennings is a playmaker
The defense is good
and

Hopefully that helped :)

Well, he ain't bad. I;d say fine so far.

Jennings is a playmaker

He is, although Favre is unreal in laying that ball in there. I saw Sidney Rice TWICE this season beat his guy and get nothing as the ball sails 5 yards overhead. Favre is playing outstanding, second half last night excepted.
I do like Jennings.

Yea, although they ran the ball quite well in the first half. I thought the Bears had some terrible running last night.

Yea, it seems that way. He's pretty fast but he makes alot of mistakes, and you guys rip Sharper endlessly.

The defense is good

Yes, they are.

Thank you captain obvious..... :wink: Yea, I would agree....

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Adrian peterson and the Viking offense that had many open wr's changed my mind in regards to our D.

LEWCWA
10-08-2007, 11:24 PM
I think Jennings is the prototypical slot receiver. I have to believe Jones at some point will be the number 2 guy, so Jennings is mostly in on pass plays....

Partial
10-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Jennings is much better than Jones.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Jennings is much better than Jones.

I don't know. Maybe he's better, but I wouldn't say much.

LEWCWA
10-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Yes I agree he is a better rec.. but his body doesn't hold up to being on the field all the time. Who do you think would be a better blocker? Who's body type is conducive to blocking downfield etc...just an opinion!

Partial
10-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Jones has the better body for a blocker. I don't know who is/will actually be the better blocker.

Jennings to me looks like a special player. I would think he'll be the #1 target when DD hangs up his cleats.