PDA

View Full Version : lets be honest

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 10:58 PM
This team was ripe for the picking. If Minny had an average qb last week, we would have losty that game.

Brohm
10-07-2007, 10:59 PM
A different team (coaches included)came out after the half.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Agree but this team was ready to be defeated.

Maxie the Taxi
10-07-2007, 11:14 PM
To be honest...

1) I knew they wouldn't go undefeated.

2) I hate that they lost to the Bears.

3) I hate the way they lost, pulling a defeat out from a victory.

4) I hate the way they sacrificed field position in fear of Hester.

5) I love we're still in 1st place.

6) I hope JJ, the rest of the rookies, MM and his coaches learn from this game.

7) I'm looking forward to beating the Bears in Chicago.

Packers4Ever
10-07-2007, 11:16 PM
A different team (coaches included)came out after the half.

You got that one right, Brohm, there was a distinct difference. Remember, old Lovie was determined to win this game at Lambeau tonight he totally changed their attack and the players themselves took charge.
While we began to look sluggish, they woke up and beat us at a game we should never have lost.

But - I guess we should look at 4 and 1 and be happy it's not 1-4.
Did any of you think we had an angry-looking QB ?

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I think Hester made MM wet his pants but to be fair, if he returns a kick/punt, the masses would be on him for that.

Freak Out
10-07-2007, 11:17 PM
You can't win em all.

Tough loss but they need to come out fighting next time, get another win and keep this thing going.

Pack!

Maxie the Taxi
10-07-2007, 11:18 PM
I think Hester made MM wet his pants but to be fair, if he returns a kick/punt, the masses would be on him for that.

Standing up the masses is why MM gets the big bucks. You don't kiss up to Hester like that in your own house.

RashanGary
10-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Agree but this team was ready to be defeated.

And they'll lose 4 or 5 more. They're certainly not an elite team that is going to win every game or even close.

Carolina_Packer
10-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Being honest, we were fortunate to be 4-0. Philly could have covered the punt and run out the clock. The Chargers could have stopped the slant pass that gave up the touchdown to win it and MN could have scored to tie it when Ryan Grant fumbled last week.

It's good to be lucky, it's lucky to be good, but tonight there were just too many blunders. Outside of the one deflected interception, they took care of the ball, we didn't and came out flat in the second half. That was the game; our luck ran out in that game.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Agree but they probably deserved to win today imo more so than last week. We are definitely getting better but now we could use some more playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Carolina_Packer
10-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Agree but they probably deserved to win today imo more so than last week. We are definitely getting better but now we could use some more playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Playmakers on offense with stick'em on their hands.

vince
10-07-2007, 11:24 PM
It's frustrating that they improved the one area where they were most heavily criticized, but couldn't then put together two halves of good football offensively.

These guys have the makings of a good team. I have to believe they'll learn how to put it all together as the season progresses.

It's ironic that I'm encouraged tonight by their ability to dominate the first half.

This team beat themselves tonight, and that's a situation that sucks now, but is eminently correctable.

BallHawk
10-07-2007, 11:25 PM

Agreed. Let's just call it even and look forward to next week.

RashanGary
10-07-2007, 11:26 PM
I agree Vince. You hate to lose, but when you lose by making correctable mistakes, it's less painfull. They did some good things. They'll bounce back.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:27 PM
I don't think anyone thinks that they will now tank but hopefully this L will refocus them.

Maxie the Taxi
10-07-2007, 11:27 PM
It's frustrating that they improved the one area where they were most heavily criticized, but couldn't then put together two halves of good football offensively.

These guys have the makings of a good team. I have to believe they'll learn how to put it all together as the season progresses.

It's ironic that I'm encouraged tonight by their ability to dominate the first half.

This team beat themselves tonight, and that's a situation that sucks now, but is eminently correctable.

Agreed. I see this team kind of like Dallas of last year. Hopefully, they'll really come into their own next year, as Dallas has this year. (Oh, and I hate Dallas.)

Brohm
10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
I agree Vince. You hate to lose, but when you lose by making correctable mistakes, it's less painfull. They did some good things. They'll bounce back.

I disagree here. They put in extra ball handling drills due to the crappy performance against the Vikings. It was emphasized. The message apparently did not sink in and they lost the game. Maybe it sinks in now, but it really sucks to lose due to issues that were specifically emphasized the week up to the game.

"Oh coach, I didn't think we could actually lose due to turnovers." pops into my head for this lesson learned.

Brohm
10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Also what is it now? 3 weeks and 3 fumbles at the 5 yard line? The message is just not sinking in.

RashanGary
10-07-2007, 11:33 PM
G'night all. . It was a shitty way to end the night but it could have been much worse. I thought the Packers were the better team, but they shot themselves in the foot. It's better to lose by shitty mistakes than to get blown up by a better team like two years ago in week 2. I knew then that this team was DONE. This year it's a bump in the road of a likely playoff team. It sucks, but it's not like we just saw an incapable team like we've seen in the past. It was a good team that needs to sure up ball control/ penalties and a young coach that needs to iron out a few wrinkles in his playcalling.

Carolina_Packer
10-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Nobody gives you anything, you gotta take it or earn it. We gave away too much to realistically have a shot at winning. It was a sinking feeling the whole second half. I thought when we got the interception that we were back in business, but we just couldn't get anything going second have. I would have agreed with more running plays if they were working. Once that got shut down, I'm not sure why we didn't go back to the short passing game as we have been using. Like the way we did on the last drive that almost got a touchdown.

BallHawk
10-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Nobody gives you anything, you gotta take it or earn it. We gave away too much to realistically have a shot at winning. It was a sinking feeling the whole second half. I thought when we got the interception that we were back in business, but we just couldn't get anything going second have. I would have agreed with more running plays if they were working. Once that got shut down, I'm not sure why we didn't go back to the short passing game as we have been using. Like the way we did on the last drive that almost got a touchdown.

Speaking of the last drive, why the hell did we only use the middle of the field?

Maxie the Taxi
10-07-2007, 11:44 PM

Speaking of the last drive, why the hell did we only use the middle of the field?

Apparently, to wind down the clock. :)

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Why did it take 5-7 seconds to snap the ball once the lin was set?

Brohm
10-07-2007, 11:47 PM
That's our quick tempo 2-minute drill :roll: Talk about throwing the concept out the window.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:50 PM
That is one thing I think brett needs to change up a bit. Once is a while, snap the ball before the play clock hits the 5 second or under numbers.

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 11:53 PM

Yes but we also need more talent Vince.

If we get the adversity bite then we will all see just how good this Packer team is. I do not believe we have solid depth as we will need to be a really solid team.

I was as you note impressed with a little better attack from our DL and the OL did provide a few holes but what has happened to Chad Clifton (he has to play just LT not that and LG as well) and Darren Collledge does not look too good to me.

A hungrier for a win football team fought through adversity to stay alive in the NFCN.

The Packers had that game all wrapped up in pretty ribbon and paper and the sidelines and the fumbles cost us big time.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Tauscher didn't play very well neither. I think Colledge is average AT BEST AND OUR OT PLAY ISN'T WHAT IT SHOULD BE

MadtownPacker
10-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Lets be REAL honest, do you need a thread for each of your thoughts? 8-)

Maxie the Taxi
10-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Lets be REAL honest, do you need a thread for each of your thoughts? 8-)

Man, there's a straight line if I ever saw it.

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 12:10 AM
When your thoughts are as insightful as mine.....well yes :lol:

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 12:12 AM
67 posts on for topics, what is wrong with that?

Noodle
10-08-2007, 12:49 AM
So a rookie made some ballhandling mistakes, and we're shocked? This is what happens when you have to depend so heavily on young guys. There's upside to it, as we get relatively cheap talent, but there's a downside as well. It's like the stock market -- do you really thinkg the bubble lasts forever?

vince
10-08-2007, 06:30 AM
Yes but we also need more talent Vince.
That's an odd statement to make coming off eight straight wins and a game where the Packers were clearly the superior team, but gave the game away by committing numerous costly mistakes, Woody.

This isn't TT's fault too, is it Woody? What about the previous eight straight wins?

There isn't a team in the league that doesn't "need" more talent. With a couple notable exceptions, this team possesses as much or more talent than any in the league.

Correctable mistakes lost this game - not a lack of talent. If they'd been making mistakes and losing all year, I'd tend to agree with you. But with the exception of Nick Collins, they haven't and I don't. There's a guy who had better turn it around SOON, IMO.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2007, 02:32 PM
67 posts on for topics, what is wrong with that?I had just left the game and was kinda hot. I agree wit you.