PDA

View Full Version : Look on the Brightside

BallHawk
10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
We didn't lose because we didn't have the talent to win, we lost because we didn't execute.

This is still a young team being led by a young coach. There will be games where we will lose because of our inexperience. We just need to accept that.

We saw in the 1st half a team that we can be. We saw a team in the 2nd half that we also can be.

We're 4-1, division leaders, so we're obviously playing more like the 1st half team than the 2nd half team.

These mistakes should be corrected in due time. MM needs to learn how to playcall. JJ needs to learn to hold onto the ball. Collins needs to learn how to get his head out of his ass. Wynn needs to learn how to stay healthy.

These are things that are correctable (though bulldog will argue on one of them). We have the talent to win and be a playoff team, it's the execution that we need to learn.

We've still got a chance to go 5-1 into the bye week. If we do that we can go out, win half of our games, and we're 10-6, almost a lock for the playoffs.

Everybody is feeling down right now, but there is a silver-lining in this loss. This team needs to learn from this game and we need to come out playing tough and smart next Sunday.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:24 PM
aGREE but the bears D is depleted and their qb play is awful

The Leaper
10-07-2007, 11:24 PM
This team is not a title contender in 2007. It never was. I thought they would be 7-9. They probably will end up a little better than that seeing how weak the AFC West is now. I thought the AFC West was going to be much stronger than they look right now.

At this point, I figured they would be 3-2...they are 4-1.

BallHawk
10-07-2007, 11:27 PM
aGREE but the bears D is depleted and their qb play is awful

Griese is a decent QB. If he plays for the Vikings we lose the game last Sunday.

I don't understand why we didn't stick with the slant and continue our assault of the Bears secondary. It's almost as if when JJ fumbled, M3 lost confidence in all of his WRs.

Carolina_Packer
10-07-2007, 11:27 PM
There's no such thing as a good loss; I've never believed that. But there are lessons from a loss, and hopefully those lessons will help coach up this team this next week, so they can come out with more energy, more ball security, and more ability to take care of business.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Griese has never led a team to the playoffs and he has some major shortcomings but he did play rather well tonight

BallHawk
10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Griese has never led a team to the playoffs and he has some major shortcomings but he did play rather well tonight

The playaction was a great play by not only Griese, but by everybody on the field for the Bears, not to mention the sidelines.

BallHawk
10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
There's no such thing as a good loss; I've never believed that. But there are lessons from a loss, and hopefully those lessons will help coach up this team this next week, so they can come out with more energy, more ball security, and more ability to take care of business.

Agree 100%.

vince
10-07-2007, 11:31 PM
QFT

woodbuck27
10-07-2007, 11:33 PM
WE ARE 4 and 1.

That is really good.

vince
10-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Even after giving this one away, all things considered, I'm still glad I'm not a Bear fan!!!

CaliforniaCheez
10-08-2007, 12:03 AM
I expressed my convern regarding the back up Center position long befor the draft.

Now Ted must deal finally deal with it.

woodbuck27
10-08-2007, 12:31 AM

The playaction was a great play by not only Griese, but by everybody on the field for the Bears, not to mention the sidelines.

That was a well desguised and executed play.

It looked easier than it actually is.

LL2
10-08-2007, 08:56 AM
The Pack lost and are not 5-0 and that is disappointing, but most Packer fans never even thought we would be 4-1. Including me. I'm still upset about the loss, but I do believe there is a bright future for this team. M3 realyy needs to focus on those turnovers and get ready for the Redskins. The Redskins are a good team. If the Pack beat the redskins they are 5-1 going into the bye.

The Shadow
10-08-2007, 10:28 AM
This, too, shall pass.
Now the Redskins will be overconfident - and we will be mean!

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 11:03 AM

It was an easy play for Greise and Clark. Nick Collins blew the coverage. I credit the play call there. And I credit their previous committment to their woeful running game for Nick biting. Lovee took the entire game to set us up for that play.

gbgary
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
WE ARE 4 and 1.

That is really good.

you're right. it's just everyone is upset that it could be even better. the bears were a beaten team that was ALLOWED to get up and get a second wind. i hope MM is getting an ear-full today.

BEARMAN
10-08-2007, 07:39 PM
YEAH, the glass is half full, .... :shock:

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 07:48 PM
YEAH, the glass is half full, .... :shock:

4/5ths anyway.

Nice win Bear dude. Your team strapped it on in the second half.

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I feel better about winning the division after this game. Talent-wise, I've seen the Vikings and Bears now, and I think the Packers are more talented than both teams. Not sure about the Lions yet.

Rastak
10-08-2007, 08:37 PM
I feel better about winning the division after this game. Talent-wise, I've seen the Vikings and Bears now, and I think the Packers are more talented than both teams. Not sure about the Lions yet.

Well, the Vikings missed a 52 yard field goal with .03 left which would have beat them on the road so if you don't like the Vikings squad, you wouldn't rank the Lions real high either.

BEARMAN
10-08-2007, 09:29 PM
What ? The way I see it, Da BEARS RB's are better then the packs, marginaly, but better. Your QB is better then ours, marginaly. Our WR's are better then yours, marginaly, but better. Our Oline is better then yours, marginaly, but better. Our TE's are way better then yours. Our Dlines are a push, Our LB's are better then yours, maeginaly, but better. Your DB's are better then ours. Our DE's are better then yours, marginaly, but better. To say your team is so much better then Da BEARS is just plain stupid ! :twisted:

Bretsky
10-08-2007, 09:36 PM
What ? The way I see it, Da BEARS RB's are better then the packs, marginaly, but better. Your QB is better then ours, marginaly. Our WR's are better then yours, marginaly, but better. Our Oline is better then yours, marginaly, but better. Our TE's are way better then yours. Our Dlines are a push, Our LB's are better then yours, maeginaly, but better. Your DB's are better then ours. Our DE's are better then yours, marginaly, but better. To say your team is so much better then Da BEARS is just plain stupid ! :twisted:

Our QB is heads and heals above Griese
I don't think your WR are any better when ours are healthy
I do think your OL is better

When both teams are healthy if you go unit by unit these teams are a lot closer than anybody wants to admit.

I wish Rex was still throwing da rock

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 09:40 PM
The return game makes up for many holes in regards to the Bears offense and even some on their defense

Zool
10-09-2007, 08:59 AM

QB marginally better? This your first week watching football Bearman?

RB's are close to a push, but I dont recall any of them being top 10 picks. Enis, Salaam, Brad Muster(seriously this guy was taken in the first round). When will your front office learn to scout RB's? You let your best one go in FA so this bum could take over? Then you draft a mighty mite at 5'6(with lifts maybe).

Next time you get to the mothership, tell the owners I said thank you for being horrible at drafting offense.

mmmdk
10-09-2007, 10:05 AM

That's why I'm beginning to believe that our D is average; that's still better than 16 other teams but it was supposed to be the "help" for the young offense.

Carolina_Packer
10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
The defense has held their own. There have been far less big plays given up than last year. Face it, the offense and special teams laying the ball on the field really gave the defense some shorter fields to defend, and a smaller margin for error.

On kickoffs, we conceded large amounts of real-estate because of Hester (strangely we punted to him). You would think all punts would be out of bounds (no penalty for that), and that kickoffs would be kicked as deep as possible, hopefully out of the endzone. So, if the Bears get the ball on the 40, move it 20 yards, have to punt, guess what? We get a short field if they pin us deep. That is where we needed to keep the pressure on them and not go soft and conservative and play scared.

Ah well, time to shake off the blame and move onto the up coming game and just learn the lessons of the Bears game, and more importantly, not reapeat the mistakes.