PDA

View Full Version : JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME

CaliforniaCheez
10-07-2007, 11:54 PM
JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ROOKIE JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ________ ROOKIE JAMES JONES COST THE PACKERS A VICTORY. JAMES JONES EMBARASSED HIMSELF AND HIS TEAM. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME.
ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. IN PRIME TIME ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND COST HIS TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME TO THE BEARS. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!! JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ROOKIE JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ________ ROOKIE JAMES JONES COST THE PACKERS A VICTORY. JAMES JONES EMBARASSED HIMSELF AND HIS TEAM. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME TO THE BEARS.
ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. IN PRIME TIME ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND COST HIS TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!! JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ROOKIE JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ________ ROOKIE JAMES JONES COST THE PACKERS A VICTORY. JAMES JONES EMBARASSED HIMSELF AND HIS TEAM. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME.
ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. IN PRIME TIME ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND COST HIS TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!! JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ROOKIE JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ________ ROOKIE JAMES JONES COST THE PACKERS A VICTORY. JAMES JONES EMBARASSED HIMSELF AND HIS TEAM. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME.
ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. IN PRIME TIME ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND COST HIS TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!! JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ROOKIE JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ________ ROOKIE JAMES JONES COST THE PACKERS A VICTORY. JAMES JONES EMBARASSED HIMSELF AND HIS TEAM. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. IN PRIME TIME ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND COST HIS TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!! TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!! JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ROOKIE JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ________ ROOKIE JAMES JONES COST THE PACKERS A VICTORY. JAMES JONES EMBARASSED HIMSELF AND HIS TEAM. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME.
ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. IN PRIME TIME ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND COST HIS TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!! TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!! JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ROOKIE JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ________ ROOKIE JAMES JONES COST THE PACKERS A VICTORY. JAMES JONES EMBARASSED HIMSELF AND HIS TEAM. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME.
ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. IN PRIME TIME ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND COST HIS TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!! TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!! JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ROOKIE JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ________ ROOKIE JAMES JONES COST THE PACKERS A VICTORY. JAMES JONES EMBARASSED HIMSELF AND HIS TEAM. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME.
ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. IN PRIME TIME ON NATIONAL TELEVISION JAMES JONES EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND COST HIS TEAM THE GAME. JAMES JONES LOST A HOME GAME IN FRONT OF PACKER FANS AT LAMBEAU FIELD. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. JAMES JONES DROPPED THE PACKERS OUT OF FIRST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. GOD BLESS AMERICA ROOKIE HANG ON TO THE BALL!!

It is infuriating.

Brohm
10-07-2007, 11:55 PM
So what are you trying to say? :P

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Definitely had a big hand in the final result of this game.

VegasPackFan
10-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I nominate this as most disturbing post ever.....

Scott Campbell
10-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Ughhh. Al kept saying he has great hands. But that pertains to catching the ball, not holding onto it afterwards.

b bulldog
10-07-2007, 11:58 PM
I feel bad for him, hopefully this is a lesson that will propel him to do good things.

Patler
10-07-2007, 11:59 PM
The game changed when Favre decided to lob a pass into Urlachers chest deep in his own territory. That was a bigger play in my mind.

But......when you have 5 turnovers and 12 penalties there is plenty of blame to go around.

Maxie the Taxi
10-08-2007, 12:00 AM
The game changed when Favre decided to lob a pass into Urlachers chest deep in his own territory. That was a bigger play in my mind.

But......when you have 5 turnovers and 12 penalties there is plenty of blame to go around.

Bingo!

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:01 AM
I really thought the D played well considering how the offense kept screwing them.

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah but the bears offense has been offensive this season

Freak Out
10-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Ok Cali Cheese.....take a deep breath and get it together...........in and out. There....now shut the fuck up. Those were some big mistakes but the Bear DBs have made a living doing that and to much more experienced receivers. He learned a good lesson tonight.

Patler
10-08-2007, 12:05 AM
I really thought the D played well considering how the offense kept screwing them.

Except for the penalties, and some of the penalties on the defense had major impact.

Maxie the Taxi
10-08-2007, 12:06 AM

Except for the penalties, and some of the penalties on the defense had major impact.

Bingo again!

GrnBay007
10-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Rookie JJ made back to back mistakes. But this loss was on the entire Packer team, not any ONE player.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:09 AM

True.

I'm not very happy about the play calling in the 2nd half.

Brohm
10-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Yes definately an all around team loss. 5 turnovers, 12 penalties (that's a heap o yardage there, especially all those damn holding penalties).

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Wayne Larrivee and Larry McCarren are dumping on JJ as we speak. "He picked a bad time to play this way"

Pacopete4
10-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Wayne Larrivee and Larry McCarren better make it known that those 2 fumbles still should not of cost this team the game... going into a shell and wetting themselves in the 2nd half is what happened and what should be the main story

I am still a little mad that we benched him too.. i think giving him a nice ass chewing and then getting the ball back in his hands in a successful manner would be the best way to get that kid back on track

CaliforniaCheez
10-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Ok Cali Cheese.....take a deep breath and get it together...........in and out. There....now shut the fuck up. Those were some big mistakes but the Bear DBs have made a living doing that and to much more experienced receivers. He learned a good lesson tonight.

Before you get too rude you should be aware that it is not just me saying it.

Chicago Tribune Survey

Bears win. Who was the MVP Sunday?

10.8%
Griese -- 2 TDs, 214 yds, 1 INT (235 responses)

0.9%
Clark -- game-winning TD (19 responses)

6.4%
Olsen -- 4 catches, TD (139 responses)

60.8%
Tillman -- 2 forced fumbles [on Packer rookie James Jones](1327 responses)

2.9%
Urlacher -- INT, 6 tackles (63 responses)

5.9%
Briggs -- 16 tackles (128 responses)

12.5%
Grossman -- 0 INTs (273 responses)

2184 total responses

They were watching the same game.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Wayne Larrivee and Larry McCarren better make it known that those 2 fumbles still should not of cost this team the game... going into a shell and wetting themselves in the 2nd half is what happened and what should be the main story.

I agree. We managed a 10 point lead for quite a while after his 2nd fumble.

I think McCarthy's play calling in the second half sapped the team of it's mojo.

Noodle
10-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Still, there are some positives here. Our 3rd down conversion rate was again over 40% -- that is friggin' amazing.

And, our first round pick played tonight and got a tackle. Of course, the Bear's first round pick scored a TD and had 4 catches, but who's keeping score.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 12:54 AM
......... but who's keeping score.

Ughhhh. Bearman.

GrnBay007
10-08-2007, 12:59 AM
JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ROOKIE JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME. ________ ROOKIE JAMES JONES COST THE PACKERS A VICTORY. JAMES JONES EMBARASSED HIMSELF AND HIS TEAM. JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME.

GM and COACH have a young team on their hands. TT has done no wrong to some in attempting to build a young team. He's def headed in the right direction.....but with YOUNG/ROOKIE players you will see mistakes....maybe many the first year. JJ did not lose the game. JJ did not embarrass himself. Take the good with the bad in building a young team!!!!

Noodle
10-08-2007, 01:02 AM
......... but who's keeping score.

Ughhhh. Bearman.

Damn, good point. My hope is that he gets so tanked up that he falls, hits his head, and forgets all about packerrats.com.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 01:07 AM
JJ did not lose the game.

Agreed.

JJ did not embarrass himself.

Disagree. If he wasn't embarrassed during the game, he will be tomorrow during film session.

He's young. He'll learn.

GrnBay007
10-08-2007, 01:15 AM

Disagree. If he wasn't embarrassed during the game, he will be tomorrow during film session.

He's young. He'll learn.

Yep, this can be corrected. Good thing is he's catching all the balls. Remember all the drops last year how frustrating that was?

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 01:17 AM

He's young. He'll learn.

Yep, this can be corrected. Good thing is he's catching all the balls. Remember all the drops last year how frustrating that was?

It'll be a point of emphasis among the coaching staff. Both ours, and our opponents. Other teams will watch this tape, and he'll be a target.

CaliforniaCheez
10-08-2007, 01:42 AM
http://www.madison.com/images/articles/wsj/2007/10/07/53935.jpg

mmmdk
10-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Well, JJ had a horrible game but HC McCarthy did his worst playcalling to this date. I've been no McCarthy backer but I was beginning to turn...yet McCarthy and these young Packers have a lot to prove next week against a REALLY great coach in Joe Gibbs. Actually, Gibbs is HOF.

OS PA
10-08-2007, 02:24 AM
That ball sure is shiny.. :roll: :roll: :?:

CaliforniaCheez
10-08-2007, 02:33 AM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/12/12745_large.jpg

fan4life
10-08-2007, 05:30 AM
I think McCarthy's play calling in the second half sapped the team of it's mojo.Exactly. This is a young team... which is going to make mistakes. But MM let the mistakes get to him, and he is as much at fault for this loss as the players.

This was a team meltdown. They need to learn from it, because talent-wise, they can play with anybody.

Maxie the Taxi
10-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Look, if we're going to blame one player or coach for this loss, there are plenty of candidates. JJ is a rookie and his fumbles were far less costly than Favre's bonehead interception deep in his own territory and Favre is a seasoned veteran. MM's decision to trade field position to keep Hester in check was far more critical to the final score than JJ's fumbles. How many individuals missed key tackles on key third down plays. Plus, can we question MM's weird challenges that used up timeouts we should have saved? How many individuals had key penalties that turned momentum or field position around...Rouse had at least two? And holding calls by our OL and secondary? I could go on and on.

This loss may be good for this young team. It will take them down a notch and force them to focus on executing. We'll see what they're made of as the season rolls on.

vince
10-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Look, if we're going to blame one player or coach for this loss, there are plenty of candidates. JJ is a rookie and his fumbles were far less costly than Favre's bonehead interception deep in his own territory and Favre is a seasoned veteran. MM's decision to trade field position to keep Hester in check was far more critical to the final score than JJ's fumbles. How many individuals missed key tackles on key third down plays. Plus, can we question MM's weird challenges that used up timeouts we should have saved? How many individuals had key penalties that turned momentum or field position around...Rouse had at least two? And holding calls by our OL and secondary? I could go on and on.

This loss may be good for this young team. It will take them down a notch and force them to focus on executing. We'll see what they're made of as the season rolls on.
Great post Maxie. Dead on in my view.

Patler
10-08-2007, 09:07 AM

Great post Maxie. Dead on in my view.

I agree completely, too.

Conceding the 35 yard line on every kickoff was sort of mind boggling.
Hester has more fumbles than touchdowns in his NFL career. He has fumbled 12 times, but has lost only 2. I think you need to be cautious with him, try to kick toward a corner or something, but giving them the 35 yard line with kickoffs as short as most were was just as bad as kicking to him and letting him run. He doesn't score on every kick he returns.

CaliforniaCheez
10-08-2007, 09:17 AM
2 drives during which the Bears could not stop the Packers. Jones fumbled.

The one being inside the Bears 10 yard line.

It is like your newly licenced teenage child wrecking your nice car in a stupid auto accident. You still love the kid but it is a costly painful lesson.

While flogging isn't the answer, you wish there was some way to physically insert the knowledge into the young man's brain.

BallHawk
10-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I refuse to ever say that one player loses a game. You have 11 players on the field (or in the Bears' case, 13) and not one of those guys holds the ability to single-handedly lose the game for you. Jones fumbles were extremely damaging to us, especially because they came at a time where we could of put the game away, but the fumbles were just another ingredient in the concoction that lead to our defeat.

run pMc
10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Well, I think if Jones hadn't fumbled the outcome of the game would have been different. Having said that, I did notice that he was in the game and had at least one catch in the 2nd half, so that should help his confidence. I also wondered what others have mentioned here -- whether teams are going to see something on film and exploit that. In fairness, the 2nd fumble looked like a textbook punch-out of the ball. It was a bad game for him to cough up the ball, but he did pluck the winning TD against MIN. He's young...we gotta live and die with that for now.

The Favre INT was a pure bonehead play...so JJ isn't the only culprit.
I thought the other factors were the penalties and bad field position. GB was a little too scared of Hester...I think giving CHI the ball at the 35 or 40 everytime is a questionable move. With Crosby's leg in decent weather, I'd rather M3 see if he can kick it out of the endzone. As for the penalties, I thought the refs made some strange calls, but I won't blame them the loss. GB played a sloppy game.

You can't give up 5 turnovers, 12 penalties, and that kind of field position and then expect to win. The Packer beat themselves.

cpk1994
10-08-2007, 09:48 AM

The challenges. Yes you can. He gambled away a timeout over 2 feet. That was a Shermanesque level of stupidity.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM

The challenges. Yes you can. He gambled away a timeout over 2 feet. That was a Shermanesque level of stupidity.

He was great with the red flags until last night. And it sure was like a Sherman flashback.

The Leaper
10-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Conceding the 35 yard line on every kickoff was sort of mind boggling.

Even more mind boggling when you realize we still punted to him. Why refuse to kick off to him, but then feed him punt after punt?

The strategy pertaining to Hester was stupid IMO. If you want to kick it off high to the 15-20 yard line, so be it. That would be far more effective than the chili dips to the 35.

Carolina_Packer
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
James Jones did not lose the game all by himself. He had help. As Maxie said, there's plenty of blame to go around. At this point, be disappointed, get it off your chest and out of your system as a fan and as players/coaches, but then put it out of your mind and have a baseball closer's mentality to keep executing, and keep thinking about your next chances and what you have to do to be successful. One loss, whether it was a "winnable game" or not should not defeat a team long-term if they are well-coached and mentally tough. This team will bounce back and learn from this, and to me, that is key. No dead horse beating from me. Let's move on and get the Skins!

privatepacker
10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Before his career is over JJ will win more games then he loses. If you want to say he lost this game then fine but let's not forget about the interception and PR fumble. When JJ lost the ball we were still ahead and even extended it to 17-7.

ZachMN
10-08-2007, 06:09 PM

Yes, momentum is the name of the game. We actually held up well considering the two fumbles. I give credit to the CB on one and blame Jones on the other. Barnett needs to be taken to task for a STUPID LAZY facemask penalty which gave the Bears new life and for Gods sake I never played football and knew enough to watch for the tight end what was Collins doing?? Wheeeeww.............

Badgerinmaine
10-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Not only is there plenty of blame to go around, remember one thing: Jones' fumbles were in the first half yet the Pack went into the locker room up 10 all the same. The kid's going to be all right.

Badgerinmaine
10-09-2007, 12:48 PM

That was a horrible call. Watching his reaction after the review was one of the many occasions he has reminded me more of Moose from the Archies than, say, Bill Walsh.

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/news/nov02/images/archie/moose.jpg

mmmdk
10-09-2007, 12:52 PM
JJ had 2 costly turnovers but Packers were leading 17-7 at half time and all the miscues were in the past. The second half was a disaster; coaches & players blew this one united.

BF4MVP
10-09-2007, 01:02 PM
12.5%

bahahahahaha

Badgerinmaine
10-09-2007, 01:12 PM
12.5%

bahahahahaha
Sure, but they got no production at all on defense from Dick Butkus, either. :lol:

MadtownPacker
10-09-2007, 07:20 PM
JJ had 2 costly turnovers but Packers were leading 17-7 at half time and all the miscues were in the past. The second half was a disaster; coaches & players blew this one united.
The TOs hurt momentum but the second half is when the game was lost. For that blame M3 and only M3. The whole time I was begging for passes that never came. Partial and many sitting around us thought the running was a good idea.

Hows that idea feeling now asswipes!!

CaliforniaCheez
10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
12.5%

bahahahahaha

I wondered if someone would catch that part of the Chicago Tribune's survey.

His percentage was higher than Griese's at the time.

Oh, the Halas Hotel has an "Official Thank you James Jones Thread"
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=25#s=25&f=1752&t=1186617

Bretsky
10-09-2007, 08:18 PM
12.5%

bahahahahaha

I wondered if someone would catch that part of the Chicago Tribune's survey.

His percentage was higher than Griese's at the time.

Oh, the Halas Hotel has an "Official Thank you James Jones Thread"
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=25#s=25&f=1752&t=1186617

Good find; they could also thank a lot more players and coaches. Plenty of blame to go around for this egg

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2007, 08:22 PM
I look at it that Tillman made great plays.

I wonder if tillman could have stripped Donald Driver twice.

Merlin
10-09-2007, 09:20 PM

Before you get too rude you should be aware that it is not just me saying it.

Chicago Tribune Survey

Bears win. Who was the MVP Sunday?

10.8%
Griese -- 2 TDs, 214 yds, 1 INT (235 responses)

0.9%
Clark -- game-winning TD (19 responses)

6.4%
Olsen -- 4 catches, TD (139 responses)

60.8%
Tillman -- 2 forced fumbles [on Packer rookie James Jones](1327 responses)

2.9%
Urlacher -- INT, 6 tackles (63 responses)

5.9%
Briggs -- 16 tackles (128 responses)

12.5%

2184 total responses

They were watching the same game.

Not sure if anyone caught this because I haven't read that far but how viable is a survey if Grossman took second place in the balloting?

Merlin
10-09-2007, 09:22 PM

Agreed.

He's young. He'll learn.

We have a whole team full of these types of quotes waiting to happen. But then again, we have the youngest team and 3T is only responsible for the success!

Maxie the Taxi
10-10-2007, 11:13 AM

Agreed.

He's young. He'll learn.

I agree, but I hope Jones' embarrasment is internal and not public. I hope MM doesn't rail on him in front of the team, or use him as an example.

I don't think that's MM's style. I hope it's not.

In fact, MM should give Jones a public pat on the back for playing hard and ALMOST making those plays. If he keeps playing that hard and learns to fight just a little more strongly and focus just a few seconds longer, he's going to make plays like that in future games and turn them into huge gainers or TD's.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I watch re-watching the game on TV last night and I think that JJ just wasn't ready for what the bears do on D. If you watch DD, Jennings and even Ruvell, they would secure the ball almost immediately. They knew what the bears where gonna do after the catch. JJ had a rookie day against a defender that has treated Probowl WRs the same way. In hindsight, he would have been worthy of the Pack's #1 pick IMO.

gbgary
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
jj's mistakes were bad but when he was done...we still had the lead;

favre's mistake was bad but afterwards...we still had the lead;

mm's mistakes were numerous, costly and when the game was over...we'd lost.

all the running, all the 3 and out's, the "i'll show jj who's boss!" by setting him down for a while, the "i'll show brett who's boss!" by taking the ball out of his hands" is what lost us the game. the bears were beaten. all we needed to do was twist the knife but mm removed it instead.

mmmdk
10-10-2007, 06:22 PM

all the running, all the 3 and out's, the "i'll show jj who's boss!" by setting him down for a while, the "i'll show brett who's boss!" by taking the ball out of his hands" is what lost us the game. the bears were beaten. all we needed to do was twist the knife but mm removed it instead.

I agree.

Tarlam!
10-10-2007, 06:48 PM

I must admit, I hadn't considered this.

Maybe you're right, but, being at the game :shock: , I got a different feeling.

Those fumbles by JJ took a lot of wind out of the sails; Woodson's fumble and Brett's T/O took a lot of wind, too; Every penalty and lost challenge was another loud groaning moment - not only for the the crowd, but for the players!

Thinking about it, M3's play calling was defiitely "conservative", but I think the team did not execute the plays that were called very well.

To me, that largely lets M3 off of the hook.

Maxie the Taxi
10-10-2007, 07:04 PM

I must admit, I hadn't considered this.

Maybe you're right, but, being at the game :shock: , I got a different feeling.

Those fumbles by JJ took a lot of wind out of the sails; Woodson's fumble and Brett's T/O took a lot of wind, too; Every penalty and lost challenge was another loud groaning moment - not only for the the crowd, but for the players!

Thinking about it, M3's play calling was defiitely "conservative", but I think the team did not execute the plays that were called very well.

To me, that largely lets M3 off of the hook.

I had the same feeling watching the game on TV. When Jones fumbled, it was "Oh, well. We've got the game in hand." When he fumbled again, it was "Crap, I don't believe it. This is going to be one of those games." Every penalty and challenge added to the growing frustration. Then Favre's interception and the first thought of losing entered my mind. Then, Woodson's fumble sealed it for me, "We're going to lose." (I had just been thinking as Woodson was receiving the punt "Thank god that guy is sure handed back there.")

MadtownPacker
10-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Then, Woodson's fumble sealed it for me, "We're going to lose." (I had just been thinking as Woodson was receiving the punt "Thank god that guy is sure handed back there.")I think me and Partial where telling each other the same thing as he caught the punt then proceeded to lay it on the ground. :evil: