PDA

View Full Version : A few thoughts on my trip to Lambeau

deake
10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Just home from my annual trip to Lambeau, great to meet some of the Packer Rats and put a face with a "name." What a great bunch of people, not at all like they post. :lol: A great job of inviting me in and making me feel a part of the group. Thanks everyone.

In comparison to last years game, I think the Pack is much improved, defense is stopping the run and the secondary is communicating. Now if they could just figure out this tight end thing. The offensive line is light years ahead of last year and if they can stop the receivers from getting stripped of the ball, their passing game looks crisp. And their special teams, no longer a worry. All this for the most part with Favre being the only “Star” on the team. In other words the Packers have improved by a number of players playing better and playing as a team. Looks like this will be a good year.

Scott Campbell
10-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Looks like this will be a good year.

Very upbeat!

I can't wait until you post after a victory.

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Good to meet you, Deake. You should post more.
:D

Tough loss, but I feel pretty good about the team also.

Joemailman
10-08-2007, 08:28 PM
I'll feel very good if they play a good full game against the Skins. The last two weeks, they almost let the Vikings come back, and did let the Bears come back. They need to nail one down like they did earlie in the season. I did come away from this game feeling the Packers are definitely the best team in the division though.

Partial
10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I second Harvey's comments. I wish you would have been around more so we could have chatted more!

Packers4Ever
10-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I second Harvey's comments. I wish you would have been around more so we could have chatted more!

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8

Hi Deake, nice to meet you. I couldn't make it to the "gathering" over

the weekend, maybe another time. Anyway, Just wanted to say, your

post here is like a breath of fresh air, just what we all needed. Like what

Scott said 'what do you do after a highly charged win?? :)

Come back and see us more often......

LL2
10-08-2007, 11:03 PM
great to meet some of the Packer Rats and put a face with a "name." What a great bunch of people, not at all like they post. :lol:

What are they like? Is Partial a big muscular guy? Did Scott Cambell bring 7 wives? Maybe next year I can make it. My friend and I chose the Chargers game this year....glad we did because I hate going home after a loss.

Partial
10-08-2007, 11:23 PM
What are they like? Is Partial a big muscular guy? Did Scott Cambell bring 7 wives? Maybe next year I can make it. My friend and I chose the Chargers game this year....glad we did because I hate going home after a loss.

I am a big fat piece of shit right now. Weighed in at 240 last week. Gotta start cutting down on all the drinking and the fast food that corresponds.

Mad looks all thuggish ruggish like he is straight outta compton :D

I imagined Harv looked somewhat like Mr. Clean for some reason. Not really sure why. I think he posted a picture once of someone with a Mr. Clean esque look that I thought was him back in the JSO days. He definitely does not. He does look equally muscular, though.

Superfan looks in line with what I thought.

For whatever reason I envisioned Nutz looking far more like his avatar than how he does. Same w/ skin. Nutz looks like a really built guy. He was definitely the most muscular looking of the group

Ziggy is way taller than I imagined.

Tarlam is way shorter than I ever could have thought. He's vertically challenged.

Bretsky definitely looks like a salesmen. He and Tarlam have a definite charm to them.

Michelle looked somewhat in line with what I expected.

I knew what BF4 looked like. His voice was a lot different than I expected, though.

OPF looked younger than I imagined. He definitely looks like an athletic gentleman.

PIP and her husband looked about what I expected. They had a very confident appearance to them.

Everybody was really cool. I had an absolutely wonderful time. I was very apprehensive at first because I felt like everybody was kind of "meh" about hanging out with a 22 year old, but I thought things were going great soon after. I wish I would have made it to dinner so I could have socialized in a more intimate setting.

The weekend was too short. I wish I had more time to sit down and just chat with everybody. Saturday morning I was really not feeling well so I was kind of edgy.

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Ziggy is way taller than I imagined.

Tarlam is way shorter than I ever could have thought. He's vertically challenged.

Nice! I had a good time too--even though Partial tried to rough me up on the dance floor when I was shit-faced.
:D

Nutz does a mean Borat impersonation. Skin's actually a softie in person. They both loved it when Mad kept trying to wake them up at 7AM. Those two are pansies when it comes to drinking. The highlight of my time with them was watching "native bush" on the Discovery Channel.

We played catch with Tarlam. He said it was his first time doing so. I think he was lying. He's a natural TE--although he'd prefer to play C. Tarlam likes to get pissed though. However, it's the Australian version of pissed--which means he likes to get drunk.

GBM is a nice gal and wonderful host. Ziggy kept everybody in check. Hard to believe, I know.

Madtown is a real sucker for dogs. He just loves them. Partial has his back when chicks punch him out.

Bretsky's a real prick in person. He's the Earl Anthony of wii bowling though. However, I think I went Agassi on him in wii tennis--although my memory is hazy because it was 5AM when we played.

Wish I could have spent more time conversing with some of the other folks.

We did a lot of this:
:glug: :glug: :glug: :glug: :glug:

MJZiggy
10-09-2007, 12:19 AM
If I was the one keeping us in check, it's a wonder we survived...

GBRulz
10-09-2007, 08:28 AM
GBM is nice, blah blah blah.... just wait guys...next year I will actually be able to TALK and then we'll see what you say...LOL.

I was so pissed after the game. All these shit talking Bears fans and I have no voice to yell back at them. Man that was ticking me off !!!

Deake, I wish we had more time to talk, but maybe next year?!? Thanks so much for meeting us out at the tailgate party though. I'm sorry that those of us who went to the game missed esoxx.

I will forgive JoeMM for not calling me because he put my cell # wrong on his phone :roll: j/k

BF4MVP
10-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I knew what BF4 looked like. His voice was a lot different than I expected, though.
How'd you expect my voice to sound :shock:

mmmdk
10-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi deake!

I will be at Lambeau in 2008 - I had a ball there in 2006 vs Rams. I gotta find a way to beat the jetlag 'cos I was dead tired after one beer every evening - that never happened before on my numerous trips to the US. Strange.

MadtownPacker
10-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Damn, Deake, you needed to come by on Saturday night. Missed all the good stuff! 8-)

Was still cool to meet you man. We will do it even better next year.

Bretsky
10-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Bretsky's a real prick in person. He's the Earl Anthony of wii bowling though. However, I think I went Agassi on him in wii tennis--although my memory is hazy because it was 5AM when we played.

Wish I could have spent more time conversing with some of the other folks.

We did a lot of this:
:glug: :glug: :glug: :glug: :glug:

Ah, Harv is just mad because he couldn''t compete in bowling or baseball on the Wii sports thingee against me.

He had to switch to tennis, and then he brought in his Venus Williams type serve to shut me out :lol:

GBRulz
10-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I thank you guys for not going John McEnroe on my TV screen !!!

oregonpackfan
10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
GBM is nice, blah blah blah.... just wait guys...next year I will actually be able to TALK and then we'll see what you say...LOL.
:roll: j/k

Whoa! Be forewarned, PR's. "Hell hath no fury like a woman who can't talk..."

mmmdk
10-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Just home from my annual trip to Lambeau, great to meet some of the Packer Rats and put a face with a "name." What a great bunch of people, not at all like they post. :lol: A great job of inviting me in and making me feel a part of the group. Thanks everyone.

In comparison to last years game, I think the Pack is much improved, defense is stopping the run and the secondary is communicating. Now if they could just figure out this tight end thing. The offensive line is light years ahead of last year and if they can stop the receivers from getting stripped of the ball, their passing game looks crisp. And their special teams, no longer a worry. All this for the most part with Favre being the only “Star” on the team. In other words the Packers have improved by a number of players playing better and playing as a team. Looks like this will be a good year.

Great observation; people are better/nicer in real life than online. Go figure! :P

HarveyWallbangers
10-10-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure they are nicer necessarily. I think it's just easier to mis-interpret somebody when you aren't talking to them face-to-face. What may come across as harsh on a forum might not even bother you if you see the person say it. You're not reading more into it.