PDA

View Full Version : Packers are 4 - 1

Sparkey
10-08-2007, 02:32 PM
I have been doing a bit of contemplating in regards to last nights game and I can honestly say that although there is still a bitter taste in my mouth that not only did they lose as home and against the Bears. They way they lost, albeit disappointing, is not necessarily a bad thing.

My reasons:

1. Few, if any, teams can win a football game while committing 4 or more turnovers. (Three fumbles and two Int's)

2. Green Bay outgained the Bears on offense 439 to 285

3. GB's 121 yards on the ground to Chicago's 82

All of the issues are fixable. Penalties and turnovers.

Hmmm, Green Bay 4 - 1 with a home game against Washington before their bye week. The pack are looking good at this point in the season.

Carolina_Packer
10-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Keep on the sunny side, Packer fans! We'll bounce back.

privatepacker
10-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Expect the Redskins to play like the Bears did in the second half. The defense will determine who wins next week. I expect a game like the Eagles.

BallHawk
10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
I expect a blowout in the Packers' favor.

Him8123
10-08-2007, 03:05 PM
this too has left a bitter taste in my mouth. The only thing that I can possibly muster up about this as being positive, is maybe it was time to send our guys a message. Maybe they had become a little too cocky, gotten a little ahead of themselves, thinking their invincible. Not saying thats true, but this helps to make them realize that anyone can get them if they don`t play wide awake on their toes. This is a young team that at times doesn`t seem like they comprehend on a pro level the sense of urgency that these games can require. That is also good that Favre is the leader to keep reminding them this, cause right now it seems like he is the only one that has that sense. Lets hope they wake back up.

BF4MVP
10-08-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't know...I remember several times during the Brewers season where they would suffer a bad loss and there would be some people who would say "don't worry, they're still in first place." Yeah, look how that turned out.

I hope the Pack can bounce back next week, but there's absolutely no good that can come out of losing a game that you could easily have won against a vastly inferior opponent (the Bears REALLY suck..Any team can win when the opponent turns it over 5 times and commits a bunch of stupid penalties, but the Bears' offense couldn't move the ball and their defense couldn't stop us from moving the ball. That's what hurts the most about this loss. We could have, and really SHOULD have, absolutely destroyed them.)

I hope we're 5-1 after next game, but I'm not buying the "it's okay, we're still in first place" garbage..This loss stings, as it should.

Carolina_Packer
10-08-2007, 03:21 PM
this too has left a bitter taste in my mouth. The only thing that I can possibly muster up about this as being positive, is maybe it was time to send our guys a message. Maybe they had become a little too cocky, gotten a little ahead of themselves, thinking their invincible. Not saying thats true, but this helps to make them realize that anyone can get them if they don`t play wide awake on their toes. This is a young team that at times doesn`t seem like they comprehend on a pro level the sense of urgency that these games can require. That is also good that Favre is the leader to keep reminding them this, cause right now it seems like he is the only one that has that sense. Lets hope they wake back up.

I think your message goes to the head coach as well. The players committed the turnovers and the penalties, but did MM put them in an absolute good position to win? That's what a HC is supposed to do. Favre screwed up, Woodson screwed up on the punt return, JJ screwed up twice, but as someone else pointed out, they were two good catches, but ones that were hard to secure when a DB draped on him. Some of our penalties were costly. Just too many mistakes to have played winning football. Correctable all, but they have to have baseball closer's mentalities and not let this game rent space in their heads, but still try and learn from the mistakes made as a unit.

One thing that I noticed too. The Bears protected Griese pretty well. There wasn't as much pressure in this game as in others. Plus, they only had one tipped interception, so they made their chances count.

This reminded me of hockey where you see one team having three times as many shots on goal, but the team that was outshot won 1-0 and made the most of their chances.

Sparkey
10-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I hope we're 5-1 after next game, but I'm not buying the "it's okay, we're still in first place" garbage..This loss stings, as it should.

I am not worried at all. Afterall, I had no illusions of them going 16-0 this year or even 8-0 at home. Fact is a young team played some sloppy football and it cost them the game. The players need to correct their mistakes and then focus on Washington.

If this was a recurring theme for the team, then YES I would be worried. As things stand now. It is a loss, but the team is still in 1st place and did not lose any ground since Detroit also lost.

Go PACK!

esoxx
10-08-2007, 03:40 PM
The thing that bothers me is it's game they should have won. Some games, you just don't have it and get rolled. This is a game where they dominated the first half at home and still end up losing. That doesn't sit well with me.

packers11
10-08-2007, 03:42 PM
The thing that bothers me is it's game they should have won. Some games, you just don't have it and get rolled. This is a game where they dominated the first half at home and still end up losing. That doesn't sit well with me.

Im on the same boat... I can take a loss... but the packers gave this one away...

This reminds me of the seahawks game, last season...

Atleast it wasn't as bad as the 4th and 26 (eagles playoff game)

LL2
10-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I expect a blowout in the Packers' favor.

I hope your right. It would be a good way to bounce back. At the same time it was a game they should have won. They gave it away.

Him8123
10-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I hope they bounce back. The one thing that they need to work on is being a dominant defense. They have been above average this season, but not super. They have all the pieces and talent to be among the best. At times they allow too many "explosive plays" as MM would call it and it costs them. Luckily the first 4 weeks we have been pretty good on offense and could make up some of the plays we give up on defense. But sooner or later turning over the ball and allowing big plays when they count will come back to bite you in the ass, as it did last night.