PDA

View Full Version : Something to Ponder

BallHawk
10-08-2007, 03:13 PM
If it wasn't for Corey Williams' illegal formation that lead to a Cedric Benson TD, the score going into Packers final drive it would of been 23-20. Considering where our offense ended up on the last drive we would of given Mason a shot at about a 53-yarder to send it into OT.

The Leaper
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM
That was the most moronic call I've seen. By the law of the rule, Williams was not in violation (the HELMET is the deciding factor, which was outside of the center's pads) and he also did not break the spirit of the rule either by cracking down on the center.

There was no reason for that flag to be thrown there. None. Combine that with the ridiculous 12 men penalty where the head ref apparently can't count to 12, and this crew will be lucky to get a nationally televised game again any time soon.

Charles Woodson
10-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Yea i just mentioned that in another thread. that call really pissed me off.

BEARMAN
10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Well, my old saying is, it is better to be pissed off then pissed on !

Deputy Nutz
10-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Well, my old saying is, it is better to be pissed off then pissed on !

I agree.

What are you going to do, the Packers made the refs look bad against the Vikings and they might have taken it personally. It wasn't the best officiated game I have witnessed but the Packers just played a very, very sloppy game.

BEARMAN
10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
If it wasn't for Corey Williams' illegal formation that lead to a Cedric Benson TD, the score going into Packers final drive it would of been 23-20. Considering where our offense ended up on the last drive we would of given Mason a shot at about a 53-yarder to send it into OT.

YEAH, and "IF" frogs had wings they wouldn't bunp their arses when they landed ! :shock: :roll:

Rastak
10-08-2007, 07:39 PM

YEAH, and "IF" frogs had wings they wouldn't bunp their arses when they landed ! :shock: :roll:

That was a bad call......then again the NFL is FULL of 'em.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 08:05 PM
we waz robbed!

and then they were too depressed to stop the Bears from waltzing into the endzone. I guess.

LL2
10-08-2007, 11:05 PM
There are too many things to ponder about yesterday's game. Time to focus on the skins. They put up a lot of points and we need to win before having a bye week