PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wells?

Little Whiskey
10-08-2007, 10:03 PM
What the hell happened to Scott Wells? i was listening to 620 today and they said he had a broken eye socket???? how the hell does this happen!

i must have missed it in the game. I saw he was out but didn't hear the sideline report. I've not read, watched or listen to any sports today.

b bulldog
10-08-2007, 10:04 PM
dIDN'T dAVENPORT SUFFER THAT SAME INJURY AGAINST Minny

Rastak
10-08-2007, 10:05 PM
What the hell happened to Scott Wells? i was listening to 620 today and they said he had a broken eye socket???? how the hell does this happen!

i must have missed it in the game. I saw he was out but didn't hear the sideline report. I've not read, watched or listen to any sports today.

Poked in the eye with such force it cracked his eye socket.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They say he'll be ready after the BYE.

Little Whiskey
10-08-2007, 10:18 PM
if you get poked in the eye hard enough to crack your socket, how the hell do you have an eye left?

Rastak
10-08-2007, 10:19 PM
if you get poked in the eye hard enough to crack your socket, how the hell do you have an eye left?

Not sure, but it sure has to suck.....

Fosco33
10-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Buddy shattered his eye socket playing baseball... had to get a titanium plate put in... this one doesn't sound as bad (just a crack).

He looked really 'off' after coming out - like they were evaluating him for a concussion.

Didn't he have a hamstring issue in practice the last few weeks - maybe he'll get fully healthy and only miss a week.

Deputy Nutz
10-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Usually you see them in basketball when a guy catches an elbow on a post move.

Not fun

CaliforniaCheez
10-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Well, you saw what happened to the Packers when he went out.

The backup Center position has been ignored since Flannagan went to Houston.

It really hurts the offense.
Spitz never played Center and the NFL is not a good time to learn.

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2007, 11:35 PM
I believe Spitz played C in college.

EDIT: Just looked it up. He never played C in college. He did practice there, but ended up starting at RG instead. Many projected him to be a C when he came out and he's been listed as the backup at C. I wouldn't think the coaches would have him in there if they didn't think he could get the job done. We'll see how he does. I won't assume that he'll fail miserably.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 11:50 PM
dIDN'T dAVENPORT SUFFER THAT SAME INJURY AGAINST Minny

come to think of it, Pat Daly, a Badger offensive lineman, suffered that injury against Ron Dayne. a scuffle in the locker room, the Badger Hall of Famer cracked him a good one. (the details are ugly) Daly never played football again.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 11:52 PM
According to the suit, Daley, Dayne and teammates were in the locker room preparing for practice when Dayne threw one of Daley's shoes into a whirlpool bath. Daley thought the shoe was ruined and confronted Dayne, demanding that he buy him replacement shoes.

Dayne then hit Daley in the left eye, the lawsuit states. Offensive lineman Aaron Gibson, who now plays for the Detroit Lions, grabbed Daley from behind, pinning his arms, and Dayne again hit Daley, shattering the orbital socket around his left eye.

lovely

R-O-N D-A-A-A-A-Y-N-E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmdk
10-09-2007, 10:09 AM
A speedy recovery to Wells!

Hmm...Spitz! That's such a cool name for an OL guy - it's gotta count for a great game come sunday!? 8-)

Guiness
10-09-2007, 11:20 AM
I thought Coston was the backup center? Was he already in at guard, or is he the 3rd string center?

If he was at guard, I thought they would slide him over to center, and put Spitz in at guard.

I've also seen broken eye sockets in hockey - same as basketball, an elbow can cause it, as can a puck. The puck hits above and below the eye, sort of the cheekbone and forehead at the same time. How the heck to you immobilize that to let it heal :?:

mmmdk
10-09-2007, 11:36 AM
I thought Coston was the backup center? Was he already in at guard, or is he the 3rd string center?

If he was at guard, I thought they would slide him over to center, and put Spitz in at guard.

I've also seen broken eye sockets in hockey - same as basketball, an elbow can cause it, as can a puck. The puck hits above and below the eye, sort of the cheekbone and forehead at the same time. How the heck to you immobilize that to let it heal :?:

I think you're (kinda) right - it should be Coston but this is from JSO:

Spitz started 13 games at guard last season, but there are some in the organization who think center is his best position. He began the season as the Packers' starting right guard but suffered a calf injury and was replaced by Junius Coston.

McCarthy said Spitz handled his assignments pretty well. One noticeable difference was how slow the Packers ran their 2-minute drill at the end of the game, which might have been the result of Spitz being new to the position.

"Our mechanics as far as the time for the snaps was not where it needed to be," said McCarthy, who did not single out Spitz as the reason. "The communication as far as the set-up, we actually did take a lot more time than you would have liked."