PDA

View Full Version : Article Winners and Losers Week 5

MJZiggy
10-08-2007, 11:49 PM
The Debacle in Green Bay
Winners And Losers
By Deputy Nutz

Chicago 27- Packers 20

Frustration and tempers filled Lambeau Field on an otherwise perfect night for football. The Packers put together an exceptional first half, moving the football basically at will on the Chicago defense. The Packer defense was able to hold their own against the unstable Bear offense. Going into the second quarter, the Bears only had one first down compared to the Packers eight. Other than a few miscues on offense, and a questionable call against the Packers during a Bears field goal that allowed the them to turn that field goal into a touchdown, the Packers were in total control of the game...Read all about it! (www.packerrats.com)

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Frustration and tempers filled Lambeau Field

the packerrats section?

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2007, 11:57 PM
The only issue is both of them need to become more dependable and stay on the field. Wynn missed much of the 1st half because of cramps, and Morency is still easily winded recovering from his knee injury. Wynn simply needs to toughen up. McCarthy refuses to coddle him and if he wants to stay on the field and contribute, he simply needs to have a change in attitude and stamina.

Where the heck was Grant? Who's buried in his tomb?

Partial
10-09-2007, 12:04 AM
You forgot to mention all the PR rats for having a ridiculously fun weekend

HarveyWallbangers
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Pretty similar to our own expert in many ways.

Rating the Packers vs. Bears
Packers fumble chance to prove their worth
By Bob McGinn

Green Bay - At least the Green Bay Packers don't have to worry about an onslaught of national media attention any time soon.

Given a chance to prove themselves worthy of being a legitimate Super Bowl contender, the Packers fell apart down the stretch Sunday night in their first nationally televised game of the season and lost to the Chicago Bears, 27-20, at Lambeau Field.

Most certainly, it's a game the Packers should have won. The Bears came with a laundry list of injuries, a still roaring Super Bowl hangover and little or no confidence.

Despite five turnovers and 12 penalties, the Packers managed to be in position to win. But a slew of wretched plays by Nick Collins, James Jones, Brett Favre, Charles Woodson and Brady Poppinga were too much to overcome.

Here is a rating of the Packers against the Bears, with their 1 to 5 football totals in parentheses:

RECEIVERS (1½)

How bad was it for Jones to fumble twice in one game (on strips by CB Charles Tillman)? Well, Donald Driver has fumbled four times in 8½ seasons, and the Packers didn't have a single fumble by their WRs and TEs in 2005. Jones uses his great hands to pluck everything out from his body, so it's even more important for him than a body catcher like Antonio Freeman to secure the ball instantly. Jones, who also had the only drop, doesn't show much suddenness in his breaks or overall body snap. Playing on a sore hamstring, Greg Jennings blew past Danieal Manning for a 41-yard TD and made a big-league catch for 28, extending right in front of safeties Adam Archuleta and Brandon McGowan. He also caught a slant pass down near his ankles. Even with CB Nathan Vasher and FS Mike Brown out injured, coach Mike McCarthy wasn't able to put Driver in position to dominate. Week after week, Ruvell Martin does good things. Leaking Donald Lee and Bubba Franks out of protections would make more sense if either one of them had any acceleration.

OFFENSIVE LINE (3½)

Losing Scott Wells (orbital fracture) for the final four series was damaging. Wells had been the fulcrum of the first-half rushing outburst with his ability to control the nose tackle or get out on linebackers. Jason Spitz did well simply not to mess up any of his 14 shotgun snaps. The other strong performance was turned in by Mark Tauscher. His opponent, slippery DE Adewale Ogunleye, is having an excellent season but settled for one pressure against Tauscher. Chad Clifton (two knockdowns, one hurry) wasn't quite as good against DE Mark Anderson. Lesser tackles, however, are getting embarrassed by the speedy Anderson. Neither Junius Coston nor Daryn Colledge was good enough. A third-and-1 run went for minus-3 when Coston blew an assignment and failed to double-team DT Tommie Harris with Wells and the play broke down. Coston was responsible for two more "bad" runs and three pressures. LB Lance Briggs had a tremendous 16-tackle performance when Colledge, who gave up the only sack, and others just couldn't cut him off.

QUARTERBACKS (4)

The Packers had a 10-point lead late in the third quarter when Favre threw his heinous interception. He dashed right, saw that his two play-side targets were covered and then, with Harris bearing down on him to lower the boom, flipped it back into the middle after 5.3 seconds to where Jones was supposed to be coming across from the back side. LB Brian Urlacher outsmarted Favre, running to the receiver instead of toward Favre. Can you imagine Joe Montana ever making a mistake like that? Favre was on fire in the first half, completing 16 of his first 17. Just five of the first 27 snaps came from shotgun. When the Bears brought the safety up, Favre sometimes checked to slants and made them pay. He delivered a perfect deep strike to Jennings, and his Hail Mary to Driver on the final play of the game was beautifully thrown. When the Bears went to 100% Cover 2 zone in the second half, Favre couldn't solve it. He was too lackadaisical on the final drive.

RUNNING BACKS (3)

DeShawn Wynn came out snorting fire, breaking three tackles on a 44-yard run and vaulting across for a 2-yard TD. Then he had to exit for the entire half one play into the second possession because of cramping. Despite high heat and humidity, the former Florida Gator can't be in very good shape or isn't taking care of himself. When Wynn came back to play 15 second-half snaps, he wasn't effective. He chattered his feet on a stretch play and ran into Korey Hall's back on a draw. Hall (34 snaps) pancaked Urlacher on Wynn's opening 12-yard burst and perhaps blocked better than he has thus far. When the Packers had success, it was straight at Urlacher. Vernand Morency (34) showed nifty feet on a run or two and was OK in his first extended duty. DT Corey Williams played his first snap from scrimmage as a lead blocker, neutralizing Urlacher on Wynn's TD.

DEFENSIVE LINE (2½)

The DTs were better against the run than the DEs. Ryan Pickett (41), Williams (41) and Johnny Jolly (27) were the big reason Cedric Benson averaged merely 2.4 yards per carry. Williams was involved in two tackles for loss and had two pressures. Rookie Justin Harrell (9) was in uniform for the first time and looked pretty good. He kept his shoulders square and did his job. Aaron Kampman (55) set up a sack for Nick Barnett and had another pressure, but aging RT Fred Miller had his first really solid game of the season at Kampman's expense. Neither Kampman nor Cullen Jenkins (56) was very good against the run. Benson got outside Kampman in the fourth quarter. Jenkins' strength is affected by a rib injury. Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (21) had two pressures and one-half sack in 11 rushes, but as far as the Bears were concerned that constituted dodging a bullet for backup LT John St. Clair.

LINEBACKERS (3)

A.J. Hawk didn't make any eye-opening plays but he was a major factor in the stout run defense. Sometimes he slipped blocks; other times, he knifed in for jarring tackles. Although Hawk was fooled badly on a reverse, he made a smart veteran play covering FB Jason McKie in the flat with 2 minutes left. Nick Barnett got to Brian Griese twice, played the screen pass well and filled gaps with gusto. He also had two penalties. Although not blocked, Poppinga guessed on Benson's 10-yard TD and took himself completely out of the play. TE Desmond Clark got away from Poppinga's man-to-man coverage on receptions of 28 and 34 yards. Teams will really look to exploit him now.

SECONDARY (3)

Al Harris, Charles Woodson and Jarrett Bush were fairly dominant in coverage, limiting five WRs to four catches for 52 yards. Bush covered well but missed two more tackles. A safety can't play much worse than Collins. Even though he wasn't needed to stop the run, Collins must have short-circuited to roar up and leave the middle wide open for Clark to score the decisive TD. That was bad enough, but Collins blew another coverage to give RB Adrian Peterson a 30-yard reception and was beat deep by TE Greg Olsen for 27. Olsen was behind him on another go route but the ball was underthrown, enabling Collins to tip it to Poppinga for an interception. Atari Bigby lost a jump ball to Olsen at the pylon for a 19-yard TD and didn't react well to help Poppinga on the 28-yarder to Clark. Olsen will present matchup problems for years to come.

KICKERS (4)

Mason Crosby and Jon Ryan successfully minimized Devin Hester. Crosby squibbed once and hit four pooch kickoffs that averaged 39 yards and 3.25 seconds of hang time. Ryan's five punts averaged 48 yards (gross), 40 (net) and 4.24 (hang time). Crosby hit two FGs of 37 yards.

SPECIAL TEAMS (2½)

Woodson fumbled away a punt after Tracy White didn't sustain his block on LB Brendon Ayanbadejo. Aaron Rouse was penalized twice for holding on kickoff returns (one block lasted 6.1 seconds) and didn't hustle on Woodson's fumble. It wasn't Lee's fault on the delay of game penalty; Corey Williams was supposed to be on the field but was getting re-taped and the coaches belatedly waved out Lee. Tramon Williams returned a kickoff 65 yards. The Packers hotly disputed Corey Williams' penalty for lining up illegally over the long snapper.

MJZiggy
10-09-2007, 12:15 AM
My only beef with it was the "perfect night for football" part. I think I lost 5 lbs. sweating and couldn't even leave my G-force shirt on. It was a perfect night for partying, though.

And Partial, we're all winners, but we didn't play in the game, so I think that's why we're not in there.

This game was so manic-depressive, I'm impressed that you managed to come up with a list.

Partial
10-09-2007, 12:15 AM
I am surprised they only credited Ogunleye with one pressure. It really looked like those guys were teeing off and collasping the pocket (maybe it appeared they were a lot closer to Favre than they were) on every passing play after Wells went out. Then again, in post game discussion with Harv and Superfan they did not seem to share this feeling that he got a lot of pressure.

I haven't watched the recording of it yet, but to me it seemed like they were doing 5 step drops and Favre was quickly getting rid of it because otherwise he would have had a man in his face. It seemed like they were getting pretty darn good pressure for the edges.

3irty1
10-09-2007, 12:33 AM
Nick Barnett had Adrian Peterson wrapped up on a third down play but used Peterson's face mask to drag him to the ground for a 15 yard penalty.

That was Garret Wolfe not Peterson. I also think McCarthy should be put in the Losers column.[/quote]

Partial
10-09-2007, 12:37 AM
I also think McCarthy should be put in the Losers column.

For what, exactly? 3rd and a long six and that is a bad call. If its a long 5 or a short 6, I don't think running the ball is necessarily a terrible call there. Ideally, they catch them off guard and with the Bears in a nickel or dime package I don't think its a terrible idea. Morency was running hard yesterday, after all.

3irty1
10-09-2007, 01:36 AM

For what, exactly? 3rd and a long six and that is a bad call. If its a long 5 or a short 6, I don't think running the ball is necessarily a terrible call there. Ideally, they catch them off guard and with the Bears in a nickel or dime package I don't think its a terrible idea. Morency was running hard yesterday, after all.

McCarthy went away from everything that has made us successful this season in the 2nd half. I realize that they played the safeties deep and he thought it was a great opportunity to run against 7 in the box, but MM tried to force the running game and it resulted in taking our best player out of the game and going 3 and out 4 times in a row. Our defense was on the field the entire second half and that is not acceptable.

I agree that the Packers lost mostly due to a bunch of individual mistakes but MM's second half brought back memories of 2005.

Partial
10-09-2007, 01:52 AM

McCarthy went away from everything that has made us successful this season in the 2nd half. I realize that they played the safeties deep and he thought it was a great opportunity to run against 7 in the box, but MM tried to force the running game and it resulted in taking our best player out of the game and going 3 and out 4 times in a row. Our defense was on the field the entire second half and that is not acceptable.

I agree that the Packers lost mostly due to a bunch of individual mistakes but MM's second half brought back memories of 2005.

How can you blame McCarthy for our team turning the ball over time after time after time resulting in the defense being gased?

They held strong for most of the game.

How did running the ball take the best player out of the game? If anything, Favre handing the ball off was creating a mismatch because they need to respect his ability in all facets of the game. If there safeties are deep, I don't think its the ideal call but I cannot fault him for taking a chance there.

You can bet your bottom dollar that people would be having a fit if he was chucking the ball up play after play but not getting any results because our receivers weren't getting any separation. Let's not forget this is one of the few dominant defenses in the league over the past few years and one of their superstars is finally getting healthy. We had a lead and a pair of strong units (special teams, defense) in which they intended to grind it out and hold them. I cannot even imagine how livid this place would be if Favre threw a pick or we had a drive take all of 20 seconds off the clock when we had the lead because MM kept chucking the rock down the field.

People are bitching about the running game and yet all year long thus far they have been whining about a lack of balance. MM established this in the second half when we had a lead. He was trying to grind it out and let the defense hold the Bears off.

They did a pretty darn good job. They had a ton of 3 and outs last night. However, you can't fault MM for Favre making a boneheaded mistake, or Chuck putting that ball on the turf.

Overall, it was a poor game and one of those games that you can expect them to have every now and again. Dallas did the same darn thing tonight but were playing an absolutely terrible team. The Bills couldn't twist the knife; the Bears could and did.

I would like to think our team is mentally tough enough to bounce back next week and head into the bye 5-1. If that happens, I will be doing cartwheels with joy. That is a strong of a start as you can ask for, especially considering that some of our key players appear to be gutting it out despite being banged up.

CaliforniaCheez
10-09-2007, 02:22 AM
JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME.

Bretsky
10-09-2007, 08:02 AM

Yes, with our runnning game, which was not working in the second half, running on 3rd and anything over 1 was a bad call IMO.

MM's playcalling in half two took Green Bay out of the rhythym they had in half one. Yes, the Bears undoubtedly played better D; but the playcalling made it a heck of a lot easier for them IMO

3irty1
10-09-2007, 09:13 AM

How can you blame McCarthy for our team turning the ball over time after time after time resulting in the defense being gased?

They held strong for most of the game.

How did running the ball take the best player out of the game? If anything, Favre handing the ball off was creating a mismatch because they need to respect his ability in all facets of the game. If there safeties are deep, I don't think its the ideal call but I cannot fault him for taking a chance there.

You can bet your bottom dollar that people would be having a fit if he was chucking the ball up play after play but not getting any results because our receivers weren't getting any separation. Let's not forget this is one of the few dominant defenses in the league over the past few years and one of their superstars is finally getting healthy. We had a lead and a pair of strong units (special teams, defense) in which they intended to grind it out and hold them. I cannot even imagine how livid this place would be if Favre threw a pick or we had a drive take all of 20 seconds off the clock when we had the lead because MM kept chucking the rock down the field.

People are bitching about the running game and yet all year long thus far they have been whining about a lack of balance. MM established this in the second half when we had a lead. He was trying to grind it out and let the defense hold the Bears off.

They did a pretty darn good job. They had a ton of 3 and outs last night. However, you can't fault MM for Favre making a boneheaded mistake, or Chuck putting that ball on the turf.

Overall, it was a poor game and one of those games that you can expect them to have every now and again. Dallas did the same darn thing tonight but were playing an absolutely terrible team. The Bills couldn't twist the knife; the Bears could and did.

I would like to think our team is mentally tough enough to bounce back next week and head into the bye 5-1. If that happens, I will be doing cartwheels with joy. That is a strong of a start as you can ask for, especially considering that some of our key players appear to be gutting it out despite being banged up.

I don't blame MM for that. Its a whole list of losers and should be on it because he was out coached in the second half. There is a big difference between "chucking the rock down the field" and going three and out on run, run, pass...run, run, pass... run, run, run. If those three possessions didn't give you flashbacks of 2005 then my guess is you've probobly either blocked 2005 from your memory or didn't watch a game.

Deputy Nutz
10-09-2007, 09:37 AM
JAMES JONES LOST THE GAME.

I don't like to rip other posters but come on, one player never wins a game or loses a game all by himself, because if that was the case than I would blame Nick Collins, he gave up the go ahead touchdown.

The Packers had several chances to come back from Jones' fumbles which were in the first quarter.

Partial
10-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I don't blame MM for that. Its a whole list of losers and should be on it because he was out coached in the second half. There is a big difference between "chucking the rock down the field" and going three and out on run, run, pass...run, run, pass... run, run, run. If those three possessions didn't give you flashbacks of 2005 then my guess is you've probobly either blocked 2005 from your memory or didn't watch a game.

They really don't because the Bears are who I thought they were. They're a very good on defense and special teams. By the end of the game, they had momentum and were out playing us. I don't think it would have mattered if we went pass, pass, pass is the point I am making.

Driver wasn't getting open; Jennings was in and out; Martin isn't going to win a game for you.

3irty1
10-09-2007, 12:02 PM

They really don't because the Bears are who I thought they were. They're a very good on defense and special teams. By the end of the game, they had momentum and were out playing us. I don't think it would have mattered if we went pass, pass, pass is the point I am making.

Driver wasn't getting open; Jennings was in and out; Martin isn't going to win a game for you.

That very well could be but we'll never know now. Passing is what we do best and its awfully hard to defend play calling that didn't work. I'm not suggesting pass pass pass but what he called didn't work and it didn't work three times in a row in a close game.

Deputy Nutz
10-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Driver only caught 4 passes.

The Leaper
10-09-2007, 03:07 PM
The Packers had several chances to come back from Jones' fumbles which were in the first quarter.

Come back?

The Packers never trailed in the entire first half...so they never had to come back from Jones' fumbles.

Our issue was a lack of WRs. Jones was benched, Jennings is china doll, and Driver can't dominate by himself. That more or less gave us no options in the passing game, and allowed Chicago to handle our running game with ease in the 2nd half.

We need KRob.

Deputy Nutz
10-09-2007, 03:16 PM

Come back?

The Packers never trailed in the entire first half...so they never had to come back from Jones' fumbles.

Our issue was a lack of WRs. Jones was benched, Jennings is china doll, and Driver can't dominate by himself. That more or less gave us no options in the passing game, and allowed Chicago to handle our running game with ease in the 2nd half.

We need KRob.

I meant come back mentally and emotionally from the fumbles, it wasn't like he fumbled on the last series.

We have a young wide out corps, its going to hit rough patches along the way. I am not one to jump on the play calling but I really didn't like some of the play action or play fakes, especially once the Bears had figured them out from the first half.

Merlin
10-09-2007, 09:14 PM
This loss is solely on two people in order:

1) Mike McCarthy. There wasn't one slant route the entire second half until two minutes left in the game. Not even to Driver. It was fake draw screen, draw, and running plays that took too long to develop. That isn't on the WR's, that's on the person calling the plays. The whole middle of the field was wide open the entire second half and we didn't use it. That is inexcusable. McCarthy got scared and went too conservative against a very poor Bears defense. Our defense has played two very poor offensive teams in the past two weeks and given up too many points. So much for our over-rated top 5 defense, oh wait, we aren't top 5 are we. Sure Favre's int can be blamed on him but there was a receiver there and he couldn't see Urlacher. Poor decision maybe, poor play calling definitely. Why we ran a roll out instead of a quick slant is only McCarthy's guess.

2) Ted Thompson. So much for our team being stocked with young players. Jones didn't learn his first time to secure the ball. Spitz, what a joke at Center. Coston, all I can say is wow. Poppinga, OMFG, ouch. Yes Ted, you really do go through growing pains starting rookies and second year players. Yes Ted, you do need viable veterans even if they are backups to help fill holes when in game injuries occur. The Well's injury proved that we are only one player away from being in the NFL's cellar. Spitz cost us 47 seconds while Favre was trying to get him to snap the friggin ball. Yes Ted, we all know you like to build through the draft. Yes Ted, we know you don't like to pick up anyone worthy in free agency. Yes Ted, we know you have 10 Mil in cap space just sitting there. If you get credit for a 4-0 start you sure as hell get credit for that embarrassment of a 2nd half against the woeful Bears. There is no way in hell a team with depth loses this game. We have zero depth, absolutely none accept in the defensive line. By the way, how is that #1 draft pick doing?

oregonpackfan
10-09-2007, 09:30 PM
One factor not mentioned in the Packers' loss was the penalties.

The Packers had far too many penalties, particularly in the second half. The fumbles, conservative play-calll, etc. are valid factors in the Packers' loss. But the large number of critical penalties is a sign of a young team in need of maturity. Without proper execution, the team will have penalties, missed blocks, blown assignments, etc.

Those cumulative factors led to the Packers' defeat, IMO.

esoxx
10-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Rouse had two holding penalties on special teams and it only made things worse playing on such a long field compared to where the Bears were usually starting from.
The youth showed up on the bad side Sunday night.
Call it growing pains.

Merlin
10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Last time I checked, Woodson isn't a young player and he coughed the ball up. Ineptness is contagious and despite the penalties & turnovers, the Packers should have won this game. Play calling and lack of depth is the reason we lost. The only turnover that cost us was Favre's, not a young player. I think the exchange between Favre and McCarthy was a little more then a "tiff". The play calling sure showed it in the 2nd half.

Deputy Nutz
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Last time I checked, Woodson isn't a young player and he coughed the ball up. Ineptness is contagious and despite the penalties & turnovers, the Packers should have won this game. Play calling and lack of depth is the reason we lost. The only turnover that cost us was Favre's, not a young player. I think the exchange between Favre and McCarthy was a little more then a "tiff". The play calling sure showed it in the 2nd half.

You mention Woodson's turnover, that led to 3 points, that hurt, Jones' fumbles kept the Packers from scoring, News Flash!!!! Turnovers hurt your team regardless of the time or field position.

Merlin
10-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Although I agree we could have scored points on those drives, we still should have won the game regardless of those turnovers. The play calling and lack of veteran depth at center cost us more in the second half then those two turnovers, Favre's int and Woodsons fumble. And as I said, ineptness is contagious. When shit starts going south it affects everyone. When our defense was called upon to step it up in a tie game they gave up an easy TD because of blown coverage. Good defenses don't do that, especially when facing a shitty offense.

Zool
10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
So let me wager a guess and say that you think that Dallas has a good offense. Want to check their turnovers from this week? Your schtick is getting old very fast.

The Shadow
10-10-2007, 08:50 PM
This loss is solely on two people in order:

1) Mike McCarthy. There wasn't one slant route the entire second half until two minutes left in the game. Not even to Driver. It was fake draw screen, draw, and running plays that took too long to develop. That isn't on the WR's, that's on the person calling the plays. The whole middle of the field was wide open the entire second half and we didn't use it. That is inexcusable. McCarthy got scared and went too conservative against a very poor Bears defense. Our defense has played two very poor offensive teams in the past two weeks and given up too many points. So much for our over-rated top 5 defense, oh wait, we aren't top 5 are we. Sure Favre's int can be blamed on him but there was a receiver there and he couldn't see Urlacher. Poor decision maybe, poor play calling definitely. Why we ran a roll out instead of a quick slant is only McCarthy's guess.

2) Ted Thompson. So much for our team being stocked with young players. Jones didn't learn his first time to secure the ball. Spitz, what a joke at Center. Coston, all I can say is wow. Poppinga, OMFG, ouch. Yes Ted, you really do go through growing pains starting rookies and second year players. Yes Ted, you do need viable veterans even if they are backups to help fill holes when in game injuries occur. The Well's injury proved that we are only one player away from being in the NFL's cellar. Spitz cost us 47 seconds while Favre was trying to get him to snap the friggin ball. Yes Ted, we all know you like to build through the draft. Yes Ted, we know you don't like to pick up anyone worthy in free agency. Yes Ted, we know you have 10 Mil in cap space just sitting there. If you get credit for a 4-0 start you sure as hell get credit for that embarrassment of a 2nd half against the woeful Bears. There is no way in hell a team with depth loses this game. We have zero depth, absolutely none accept in the defensive line. By the way, how is that #1 draft pick doing?

Well, that settles the over/under debate : one loss and your tired old crap whines on again like a broken record.
Really, my friend - it was old long, long ago.

ahaha
10-10-2007, 11:06 PM
And as I said, ineptness is contagious. When shit starts going south it affects everyone.

We saw lots of ineptness from the Bears, in the first half. If this idea is true, why didn't we win by 100.

When our defense was called upon to step it up in a tie game they gave up an easy TD because of blown coverage. Good defenses don't do that, especially when facing a shitty offense.

Sure they do. Just watch more football games. Even great defenses get burned from time to time.
When the TE caught that pass I was hoping he'd score the TD. Better to get beat deep than allow a shorter first down completion. They run down the clock and kick a chip shot field goal. At least we had a chance with our offense.

woodbuck27
10-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Again your analysis is bang on Deputy Nutz.

Superb work Packer fan.

GO Packers !

Merlin
10-12-2007, 01:37 PM
So now my schtick is getting old and my comments are getting old huh? Careful about those rocks you are throwing in your glass house. Seems to me that one could easily say that about any of the bandwagoners like yourselves here. "This player is new so he is automatically better." "We are 4-0, 3T is a genius!" "We lost, chalk it up to youth." Giver me a break. Does the word hypocrite mean anything to you? I am thinking not. Keep the rocks coming, soon your glass house will crumble and you still won't admit that you are a homer and nothing more.

Zool
10-12-2007, 02:30 PM
/me kicking the soapbox and turning off the microphone

The Shadow
10-12-2007, 04:49 PM
1. So now my schtick is getting old and my comments are getting old huh? Careful about those rocks you are throwing in your glass house. Seems to me that one could easily say that about any of the 2. bandwagoners like yourselves here. "This player is new so he is automatically better." "We are 4-0, 3T is a genius!" "3. We lost, chalk it up to youth." Giver me a break. 4. Does the word hypocrite mean anything to you? I am thinking not. Keep the rocks coming, soon your glass house will crumble and you still won't admit that 5. you are a homer and 6. nothing more.

1. Not 'getting old' : OLD! Old long ago. Stale. Bad.
2. 'Bandwagoners'? Some of us have liked the direction the Packers have been going in for quite a long time.
3. Who said that? We lost for a variety of reasons. Are you suggesting that those of us who are pleased with the direction of the team expect a 16-0 season?
4. 'Hypocrite'? Please explain what is hypocritical in a positive view of this team's development process.
5. I thought you repeatedly called me 'anti-Favre' and 'anti-Sherman'. Are you trying to have it both ways again?
6. Pshaw!! I am an accomplished tango dancer.

Partial
10-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Yes, no kidding. If we go 10-6 this season will be considered a spectacular success is my eyes. Who are you to say its not because we lost a game?

Is Dallas or New England going to be considered a bad team after this week since one of them lost a game?

If we go into the bye at 5-1, you don't think everybody on Lombardi avenue is going to be doing Cartwheels? That is extremely impressive!

The Shadow
10-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Give me a T!
Give me a T!
Give me a T!

What's that spell?

Disaster...

and by the way : are you truly aware of how foolish this looks in light of the 4-1 record? Even the most inane dogma/mantra has to have a little factual support behind it if it is to retain even a shred of value.
I'm sure even Al Gore would agree.
Maybe time to retire it for just a little while.
Just trying to be helpful here.

the_idle_threat
10-12-2007, 11:15 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shadow, you crack me up.

:laugh:
I'm sure even Al Gore would agree.