PDA

View Full Version : A Grady Jackson Question

retailguy
05-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Well, what do you think this means?

I just "visited" packers.com and clicked on the "team" link. Why do you suppose that Grady Jackson is still listed on the roster and that his number has NOT been reassigned? Every other player that was either released, or was a UFA has been removed from the roster, EXCEPT 'ole Grady.

So, experts, edumacate me? What does it mean? :mrgreen:

Patler
05-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Well, what do you think this means?

I just "visited" packers.com and clicked on the "team" link. Why do you suppose that Grady Jackson is still listed on the roster and that his number has NOT been reassigned? Every other player that was either released, or was a UFA has been removed from the roster, EXCEPT 'ole Grady.

So, experts, edumacate me? What does it mean? :mrgreen:

What does it mean? Whoever handles that page on their website screwed up!

RashanGary
05-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Grady is one twinkie away from a heart attack.

retailguy
05-07-2006, 11:55 PM

Patler, er... Shamrock :wink: ,

The reason I don't "go for a mistake" is that they "assigned" #64 to a DE named Montez Murphy. They could've given him 75, but they didn't. The guy "appears" to have 64 because the only numbers between 70-99 (typical DL numbers) NOT assigned are 92 (we do know why, right? :wink: ) and 75.

That guy should have got 75. He didn't. I think 'ole Grady's got a contract offer that TT has not retracted. I don't think it is a mistake.

RashanGary
05-08-2006, 12:00 AM
There is a lot of young promising talent. I would hate to lose Jolly because we wanted to keep a slob around for one more year of average play.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-08-2006, 12:05 AM
There is a lot of young promising talent. I would hate to lose Jolly because we wanted to keep a slob around for one more year of average play.

Jackson isn't an average slob. The D was better with Jackson in the lineup than without. Bring him back.

Patler
05-08-2006, 12:07 AM

Patler, er... Shamrock :wink: ,

The reason I don't "go for a mistake" is that they "assigned" #64 to a DE named Montez Murphy. They could've given him 75, but they didn't. The guy "appears" to have 64 because the only numbers between 70-99 (typical DL numbers) NOT assigned are 92 (we do know why, right? :wink: ) and 75.

That guy should have got 75. He didn't. I think 'ole Grady's got a contract offer that TT has not retracted. I don't think it is a mistake.

According to packers.com, Tony Moll, an OT, has been assigned #75. Moll probably has more of a chance to make the team than Montez Murphy, or Jackson for that matter.

retailguy
05-08-2006, 12:08 AM

Nick,

I think all the draft choices make the team, regardless, unless they display poor effort or conditioning.

I think the second/third year guys get the boot. Washington, or Peterson come immediately to mind.

Grady's not a slob, but he does have issues. The key is, can he peform better than the 2nd or 3rd year marginal guys. That answer is CLEARLY yes in my mind.

retailguy
05-08-2006, 12:10 AM
According to packers.com, Tony Moll, an OT, has been assigned #75. Moll probably has more of a chance to make the team than Montez Murphy, or Jackson for that matter.

Wasn't he a draft choice? I guess I could look that up, but.... it's late. :oops:

Well if that's the case, maybe then it is a mistake.... But, I like the conspiracy theory better. :smile:

RashanGary
05-08-2006, 12:12 AM
I would rather have a young motivated player than a Grady.

Patler
05-08-2006, 12:13 AM

Wasn't he a draft choice? I guess I could look that up, but.... it's late. :oops:

Well if that's the case, maybe then it is a mistake.... But, I like the conspiracy theory better. :smile:

Ya, Moll was the third of their 3 picks in the 5th round.

Kiwon
05-08-2006, 12:20 AM
All we heard last pre-season was that Grady is so old with bad knees, etc., yet he played consistently well in the new scheme last year. If the guy is better than the last lineman on the depth chart then why not invite him to camp once he realizes that he's out of options with other teams?

He says the wrong things in the press at times and was tiffed at management that they never contacted him (or any other player, it seems)but he's played okay on the field. If healthy, he's worth the vet's minimum for a year.

retailguy
05-08-2006, 12:31 AM

Ya, Moll was the third of their 3 picks in the 5th round.

Well, they "forgot" to remove Grady's player page as well.... Hmmm... :wink:

Tarlam!
05-08-2006, 06:21 AM
1 . I think all the draft choices make the team, regardless, unless they display poor effort or conditioning.

2. Grady's not a slob, but he does have issues. The key is, can he peform better than the 2nd or 3rd year marginal guys. That answer is CLEARLY yes in my mind.

1. Gee, Retail, ya think? :D Sorry, couldn't resist!! But your comment doesn't really have you out on a limb, does it?

2. Could not a-gree more. Grady was our anchor since lining up, despite his knees and him openly wanting more money and a contract extension. He started camp, he shut his mouth he played tough.

TT did the right thing in replacing him, though. He got a younger version that will probably honour his contract without the public complaining. TT just needs to leak into the locker that Grady WOULD have been paid, WOULD have gotton the contract to see his career through, if only he had shut his piehole and played football.

Merlin
05-08-2006, 07:37 AM
I don't think we "release" him yet. He is a UFA and free to shop around. I am sure that TT has an offer on the table to him. I think we should keep him around if we can. I would love to see two fat lard asses taking 4 of the offensive linemen out of the play!

mraynrand
05-08-2006, 08:04 AM
I thought the reason they didn't reassign Grady's uniform #75, is that he stretched the unis out so much, they wouldn't fit anyone but Gilbert Brown! The old Jurkovick (#64) jerseys are a little small though....

MadtownPacker
05-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Get fatboy back in G&G and nobody will run up the middle!

ND72
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
PLEASE....if anyone seriously watched a game last year they would know how WORTHLESS grady jackson is. he's fat, slow, out of shape, and a non factor. he's suppose to be a 2 gap player, which means he is to take up 2 blockers, yet most games he was being single blocked. one scout on scout.inc said grady was the easiest block his team had to make last year. good bye, good ridence, don't break the bank at Old Country Buffet.

Tarlam!
05-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Get fatboy back in G&G and nobody will run up the middle!

ND 72, I disagree. Our passing defense can only be good if the ront 4 do their job. We were ranked 7th against the pass. That is outstanding considering half our secondray (Roman, Carroll) were doubtfuls. That's proof the D-Line played well. Grady anchored that D-Line.

I can imagine Grady and the new guy in the middle, Kampy and Monte on Rushing downs, KGB as a specialized pass rusher and a couple of bodies with youth and potential to rotate in.

So, in effect, what Pepe said....