PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings

packers11
10-09-2007, 04:38 PM
ESPN:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=6

(4-1) Packers 5. The Packers, like most teams, aren't good enough to turn the ball over five times, commit 12 penalties and still win. 'We're not a bad football team, but we're not great either,' said Brett Favre after the loss to the Bears.

(2-3) Bears 15. Although the Bears knocked the Packers from the ranks of the unbeatens, just how impressive was the win? The Chicago defense was steamrolled in the first half, and the rushing game produced only 82 yards on 33 attempts.

(3-2) Lions 18. Take away the fourth-quarter, 34-point explosion against the Bears, and this much-ballyhooed Lions offense has been held out of the end zone in its past 10 quarters. But hey, it can't be Mike Martz's fault. After all, he's an offensive genius.

(1-3) Vikings 27. A tough stretch awaits the Vikings coming out of their bye week. They face four consecutive playoff teams from 2006, starting with Sunday's game at Chicago, then must travel to Green Bay in Week 10. Minnesota needs to improve in a hurry.

RashanGary
10-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Lions are about right. Packers are a bit high. Bears are a bit low and Vikings are a lot low.

The Vikings, Bears and Lions all teams that I think are all 8-8 type teams. I think the Packers are a little better, but not in the top 5.

MadtownPacker
10-09-2007, 07:31 PM
They dont deserve this ranking. 9 would be right IMO after losing a game they could have won.

I had never seen them lose in SF so after this game I was walking around shaking hands with bears fans that wherent talking shit and telling them that their team did what it had to do when it counted. None reacted badly.

Merlin
10-09-2007, 09:18 PM
I believe they kept a higher ranking because no team in the NFC besides the Cowboy's looks any good and the AFC has the Colt's and the Patriots. #5 sounds about right given the teams records right now. It was clearly obvious that the better team did not win our game. The Bears got a gift, one I am sure that will be taken back when we visit the toilet bowl in Chicago.