PDA

View Full Version : VD disses the Pack

Bossman641
05-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Haven't seen this posted on here before.

I really don't see what Davis is trying to accomplish with this. I liked him before but not anymore. Good luck with Smith throwin you the ball Davis, you can maybe catch 2 TD's. Makes me appreciate Hawk even more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Davis' remarks shrugged off
TE glad Green Bay passed on him
By BOB McGINN
bmcginn@journalsentinel.com
Posted: May 7, 2006
Green Bay - Tight end Vernon Davis' slam against the Green Bay Packers last week was brushed off by general manager Ted Thompson.

Davis was selected by the San Francisco with the sixth selection in the National Football League draft. He was relieved not to be chosen by the Packers at No. 5.

"It's a pleasure to be here," Davis told reporters at a news conference the next day at 49ers headquarters. "I've always wanted to come here. I was sitting at the table yesterday and Green Bay was up and I was telling my agent, 'I hope Green Bay doesn't take me. I definitely don't want to go there.'

"But the 49ers came around and it was just amazing knowing I was going to be a 49er."

The Packers chose linebacker A.J. Hawk after Thompson carefully weighed the merits of taking him or Davis.

Thompson said Davis, who grew up in Washington, D.C., didn't offer any reluctance about playing for the Packers during the team's interview with him in February at the combine .

"We don't take any particular offense to that," Thompson said Sunday. "People say things. If we had taken him he would have been happy coming here. But I can't speak for him."

Tarlam!
05-08-2006, 01:49 AM
What TT said.

It was a silly, immature comment that was directed more to appease the 49er fans, than to antagonize us, IMO.

He is also squarely miffed at not going top 5, which, after all the press prior to the draft, he was clearly assuming he'd make.

Water of a duck's back...

RashanGary
05-08-2006, 01:55 AM
I think thats a pretty good read Tarlam.

Merlin
05-08-2006, 07:40 AM
I agree it's all hype, but mark my words, the media will spin it when we play the 49er's this season.

MadtownPacker
05-08-2006, 07:54 AM
I agree it's all hype, but mark my words, the media will spin it when we play the 49er's this season.
The spin it man!! Im gonna go to that game and I hope Hawk destroys him when he has his arms up trying to catch a ASmith duck.

GBRulz
05-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Good call tarlem!

Maybe him and Smith can get their eyebrows plucked together...

Deputy Nutz
05-08-2006, 08:15 AM
The spin it man!! Im gonna go to that game and I hope Hawk destroys him when he has his arms up trying to catch a ASmith duck.

That game will be fun! A real football player in AJ Hawk, verse the workout warrior that we have all come to love in Vernon Davis. All I can say is, I hope VD doesn't slam Hawk in the media before the game, Hawk will literally tear off his fucking head, and use his neck at half time to take a wizz. You don't need to motivate Hawk anymore than he already is to play the game.

MadtownPacker
05-08-2006, 08:32 AM
That game will be fun! A real football player in AJ Hawk, verse the workout warrior that we have all come to love in Vernon Davis. All I can say is, I hope VD doesn't slam Hawk in the media before the game, Hawk will literally tear off his fucking head, and use his neck at half time to take a wizz. You don't need to motivate Hawk anymore than he already is to play the game.
NOOO, I hope VD disses Hawk badly. I hope he also say he was much better in the UnderArmour commercial. Then the Hawk can knock the "Click-Clack" out of him!!

Rivers Rutherford
05-08-2006, 09:19 AM
I see in VD's very near future a 90% chance of being Hawk roadkill much like this Longhorn...

Charles Woodson
05-08-2006, 03:21 PM
IMO he is pissed that he DIDNT go to GB. I mean come on, who fucking wants to go to San Fran. I mean look at this. Would you rather have a QB that can throw great... and a Legendary, soon to be HOF. or do u want a retard who cant throw to save his ballz? i mean really. He is just pissed

BooHoo
05-08-2006, 03:27 PM
It is just draft talk by rookies who don't know any better. In time most learn when to open their mouth and when not to. He was just trying to encourage 49er fans that he wanted to go to SF.

swede
05-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Pre-draft I spent about three days thinking that VD might be the guy that could be a weapon that would make a difference in our offense, but i came back to the idea of building a tough and physical defense around players like Hawk.

Now that he's here, I can't imagine pick five having gone another way.

I imagine that AJ, if asked, will brush it off politely. but...that squeaking sound you just heard was AJ's big red Sharpie circling the date of our game with San Francisco.

Sparkey
05-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Vernon is perfect in San Fran .....

Just think of the headlines:

Smith to enjoy getting VD up too speed.....

Smith's balls easy catch for VD in SanFran......

etc etc....

Harlan Huckleby
05-08-2006, 05:44 PM
If Arrington had signed with GB, VD would probably be a packer.

I would easily rather have Arrington + Davis than Hawk.

But Hawk is a much better bet to improve the team than Davis.

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2006, 06:47 PM
If Arrington had signed with GB, VD would probably be a packer.

I would easily rather have Arrington + Davis than Hawk.

But Hawk is a much better bet to improve the team than Davis.

Well, I'd rather have Arrington + Hawk than Hawk. I also would like Jason Witten + Hawk more than Hawk.

ND72
05-08-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm pretty sure the actual question to him was something like, "were you disappointed you weren't taken sooner?" by a SF journalist...so what is he going to say? Yeah I wish Green Bay had taken me so I wouldn't be playing here???

MadtownPacker
05-08-2006, 09:50 PM
So who's going to the GB@SF game? Fosco said he was, I going too.

Tarlam!
05-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Word for word:

WHAT HARVEY SAID