PDA

View Full Version : There is only one Lambeau Leap

GBRulz
10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
There is only one Lambeau Leap

Steel yourself for this: Pittsburgh running back Najeh Davenport, who started his career with the Packers, has stolen the Lambeau Leap.

Oh, he's smart enough to have renamed it -- the Heinz Field Hop -- and patented the name, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. He did the Hop twice after scoring touchdowns during Sunday's 21-0 win over the Seattle Seahawks.

That still doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Fellow Steelers running back Willie Parker is among those not amused.

"It's the Heinz Field Leap, Hop, something? I'm like, 'Go back to Green Bay with that, boy. I won't do that. I'll be too tired to jump up in the stands and all that," Parker told the Pittsburgh paper.

Nor is Post-Gazette writer Ed Bouchette, who added: "If Davenport wants to continue it, he should at least get more alliteration into it. If it's the Lambeau Leap and not the Lambeau Field Leap, then it should be the Heinz Hop."

Nor is a fan who posted this in an online chat with Bouchette: "If he must, can you please ask Najeh to come up with a better name than that?"

Bouchette's response: "How about just not doing it. That's a Green Bay thing, not a Pittsburgh thing."

-- Jeff Ash, jash@greenbaypressgazette.com

GBRulz
10-10-2007, 04:06 PM
The Davenport Dump would be a more fitting name.

oregonpackfan
10-10-2007, 04:13 PM
How about the Najeh Nincompoop? :)

Joemailman
10-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Not to worry. It's only a matter of time before Najeh injures himself doing the hop.

Freak Out
10-10-2007, 05:04 PM
The Davenport Dump would be a more fitting name.

:lol: I can see the fans stampeding to get the hell out of his way!

Carolina_Packer
10-10-2007, 05:10 PM
especially if he brings his laundry hamper

MadtownPacker
10-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Well as long as he sticks to just doing it in the middle of the night like last time.... :shtf: