PDA

View Full Version : Soulja Boy @ the game

Partial
10-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Did anyone notice one of the Packers doing the Soulja Boy dance during the pre-game warm-ups? I can't remember if it was Atari Bigby or Jarrett Bush, but I remember thinking wtf are they doing. Now that I see this music video, I realize they were doing the dance from it.

MTP, did you see that? It was on the Bears sideline near us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpocrqvP2Yg

MJZiggy
10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
http://www.packerrats.com/gallery/media/postergame/dancin.JPG

SkinBasket
10-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Nothing says street like a professionally choreographed dance number and a song created for the sole purpose of making a video to demonstrate said dance routine.

Fucker should rename himself Cheerleeda Boy.

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2007, 10:46 AM
what is "street" about the nfl? I think mimicing a video is funny.

SkinBasket
10-11-2007, 10:50 AM
what is "street" about the nfl? I think mimicing a video is funny.

I'm not talking about the NFL.

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2007, 10:55 AM
oh, ok. So its the hip hoppers that are supposed to have cred. they have guns and peeps and call each other "negro" and stuff.

I used to have some cred back in the 70's. Or maybe that was the crud.

MJZiggy
10-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Dude was just dancing and having a good time. What's the big deal. I was dancing at the time too though Lord knows no one would want to make a vid of that.

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2007, 10:59 AM
were you getting jiggy with it? jiggly?

MJZiggy
10-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Like I said, no one would want to make a vid of it.

MadtownPacker
10-11-2007, 11:36 AM
I didnt see it or I did and didnt think nothing of it because unlike some uptighty whiteys, people here will sometimes dance while they are walking down the street.

I think it is called having fun.

Zool
10-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Soldja boy up in that oooooh
why me crank it why me roll

That song has a good hook. Been listening to it for a couple months.

As far as creating a song for a dance move...locomotion anyone?

Zool
10-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Here's the better version of the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ARyAb_1Bs

SkinBasket
10-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Dude was just dancing and having a good time. What's the big deal. I was dancing at the time too though Lord knows no one would want to make a vid of that.

There is no big deal. I was referencing the Soulja video, not Walker.

Harlan's just trying to make more mountains again.

SkinBasket
10-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Here's the better version of the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ARyAb_1Bs

Now that has something behind it. Spongebob'd take soulja out behind the crusty crab and beat his ass down for a nickle.

Bossman641
10-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Soulja Boy sucks. That song can't die quickly enough for me.

Carolina_Packer
10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
the modified Icky Shuffle

packers11
10-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Bush and Driver dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDBcZvUkuI0

woodbuck27
10-11-2007, 02:42 PM
I didnt see it or I did and didnt think nothing of it because unlike some uptighty whiteys, people here will sometimes dance while they are walking down the street.

I think it is called having fun.

I am Irish and dance wherever I please.

Especially, when I an feelin really good. :)

DannoMac21
10-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Haha, I must say, I was halfway doing it in the crowd when they played it :cry:

But, I'm a high schooler, so what can I say. Soulja Boy is one of the most popular people out right now within teens, and yes, I know the complete 4 minute dance, and have known it for at least 3 months haha.

GBRulz
10-11-2007, 03:27 PM

I'm with you there. The only band who can get away with repeating the same few words over and over again for four minutes is Frankie Goes to Hollywood!

swede
10-11-2007, 03:55 PM

I'm with you there. The only band who can get away with repeating the same few words over and over again for four minutes is Frankie Goes to Hollywood!

Relax!

swede
10-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Don't do it!

Partial
10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
That song is hot.

BallHawk
10-11-2007, 04:18 PM

Rap music can't die quickly enough. :|

Partial
10-11-2007, 04:27 PM

Rap music can't die quickly enough. :|

You can't die quick enough. Why judge? Hip-hop is some of the most entertaining music out there. T.I. owns your soul.

the_idle_threat
10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
What would Eazy-E think of this crap? That is the question.

esoxx
10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
You can't die quick enough.

Hater!

Partial
10-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Hater!

Nah, BH is a cool little guy. Just not cultured enough in the likes of hip-hop. This is the kind of music that makes college girls go nuts. That's what I am into.

BallHawk
10-11-2007, 09:09 PM

Hater!

Nah, BH is a cool little guy. Just not cultured enough in the likes of hip-hop. This is the kind of music that makes college girls go nuts. That's what I am into.

Let me rephrase that.

Most Rap music can't die quickly enough.

The rap music I would like to see die is the BS bitches and hos type of rap. I'm watching MTV and I see a music video and for 4 minutes all it is are girls dancing around and shaking their ass. You can't tell me that that has the first thing to do with being cultured. I mean I listen to the Beastie Boys, but how can this be considered music?

"Then Watch Me Crank Dat Robocop
Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock
Jocking On Them Haterz Man
When I Do Dat Soulja Boy
I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat Dance"

I mean, I'll admit, I'm probably more old school than most kids, I'll take the music of decades ago rather than today's music. Hell, I'll take the music of centuries ago rather than today's music. But I can't believe people listen to this music and say "Yeah, man, this music really has meaning"

It's kinda pointless debating over a personal preference, but I just really find myself in awe of the crap that is played over the airways nowadays.

MadtownPacker
10-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Ballhawk you talk a lot of shit about people looking down on shit but your hatred for rap is bullshit and shows me alot.

I know it is crap to you and some of it is crap to me (this one is almost crap but has a good thump) but you think you are some high class asshole cuz you listen to Mozart or whatever it is. I think some of that shit gives me a headache but I also like (maybe love) some of it too. There is a rap song for everybody but you just haven't found yours.

I think Eazy-E would say get your hustle on any way you can.

DannoMac21
10-11-2007, 09:39 PM

Hater!

Let me rephrase that.

Most Rap music can't die quickly enough.

The rap music I would like to see die is the BS bitches and hos type of rap. I'm watching MTV and I see a music video and for 4 minutes all it is are girls dancing around and shaking their ass. You can't tell me that that has the first thing to do with being cultured. I mean I listen to the Beastie Boys, but how can this be considered music?

"Then Watch Me Crank Dat Robocop
Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock
Jocking On Them Haterz Man
When I Do Dat Soulja Boy
I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat Dance"

I mean, I'll admit, I'm probably more old school than most kids, I'll take the music of decades ago rather than today's music. Hell, I'll take the music of centuries ago rather than today's music. But I can't believe people listen to this music and say "Yeah, man, this music really has meaning"

It's kinda pointless debating over a personal preference, but I just really find myself in awe of the crap that is played over the airways nowadays.

If you don't like watching girls shake their ass, then I don't know what to tell you.

BallHawk
10-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Ballhawk you talk a lot of shit about people looking down on shit but your hatred for rap is bullshit and shows me alot.

I know it is crap to you and some of it is crap to me (this one is almost crap but has a good thump) but you think you are some high class asshole cuz you listen to Mozart or whatever it is. I think some of that shit gives me a headache but I also like (maybe love) some of it too. There is a rap song for everybody but you just haven't found yours.

I think Eazy-E would say get your hustle on any way you can.

I don't understand what you said in your first sentence, but I'll take a swing at it.

How is me hatred for rap BS? I don't hate rap. I don't like most rap, but I don't hate it. I like Common. Why? Because his music has actual meaning. Sure, I don't like Soulja Boy, but that doesn't mean that I think that people that listen to it are morons. All me not liking rap shows you is that I don't like rap. You can't draw anything else from it.

For example, why do you associate Mozart with being high class? Do you think that I go to school in a suit, come home, pour myself a glass of Port and pop in Requiem Mass in D minor? Hell no. Class has nothing to do with it, it's a matter of personal taste.

Partial
10-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Most rap has ridiculous lyrics. This song has a hot beat.

MadtownPacker
10-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't understand what you said in your first sentence, but I'll take a swing at it.Well I apologize if my English isn't good enough for you. :lol:

Bossman641
10-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Rap = good (most)
Soulja Boy = trash

Glad that is cleared up now.

GBRulz
10-12-2007, 09:28 AM
BH just wants the days of watching Headbangers Ball on Fri nites and then waking up to Yo MTV raps, back :wink:

Carolina_Packer
10-12-2007, 09:50 AM

I was able to find a Mad to English translator on Google's Language Tools website. Here is the literal translation.

Ballhawk (that's you)

you talk a lot of shit (you speak in a threatening, playful tone)

about people looking down on shit (about people poo pooing concepts)

but your hatred for rap is bullshit (your loathing of the music known as rap is hypocritical)

and shows me a lot (speaks volumes about your character).

Word!

Zool
10-12-2007, 09:57 AM

I was able to find a Mad to English translator on Google's Language Tools website. Here is the literal translation.

Ballhawk (that's you)

but your hatred for rap is bullshit (your loathing of the music known as rap is hypocritical)

Word!

I'll be damned if this one doesnt belong in the post HOF.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2007, 10:33 AM
:lol:

MadtownPacker
10-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Shit, I wish Carolina would have been my English teacher back in the days. :D

Freak Out
10-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Do you think that I come home, pour myself a glass of Port and pop in Requiem Mass in D minor?

:lol:

I do that sometimes.

Freak Out
10-12-2007, 11:54 AM

Ballhawk (that's you)

Word!

Classic.

"You speak in a threatening, playful tone"

the_idle_threat
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Chick blogger at JSO dicusses Soulja Boy song:

Superman is Nasty

By Vikki Ortiz

Monday, Oct 15 2007, 05:25 PM

O.K. So my cousin Torri had a girlie slumber party for her 27th birthday this past weekend, which led to conversations about, y'know, guys, fashion, dance songs we like.

I have to be careful here, because longtime blog readers know I'm not supposed to talk about not fit-for-family-newspaper things.

But there was a topic that came up among the women at the party which has also come up several other times -- and in different company - over the course of the past week.

So I just have to bring it up now.

One word: Superman.

You've heard the song, right? (Link to Soulja Boy song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vum3qgoh0x4) I kinda love it. My funk aerobics teachers made us dance to it last week at class. My friend Felice heard it last weekend while visiting college bars with her younger brother. And it was on Chicago radio all weekend - seriously every hour.

It's obviously very popular, and people - myself included - will always talk about how fun it is to hear on the dance floor, before conversation naturally veers off toward the next question...

"But do you know what Superman means?"

For the record, I didn't. I went to a tiny Catholic school until the 8th grade and think I'll forever be ignorant of slang dirty words as a result of this.

So people have had to explain Superman to me.

And all I can say is HOW DISGUSTING. And completely degrading to women. And just, YUCK, unnecessary.

I know this is when pundits are going to start arguing that pop/hip hop music has always pushed the envelope with its lyrics. And then the topic becomes a political discussion about how hip hop culture is messed up and how we need to provide better role models for young people.

Yes, yes to all that. But stay with me here for a minute.

Because I'm still stuck on the very fact that "Superman" even exists as a definition. Not to mention all the other terms - doesn't it seem like there are more now than ever? -- which tend to come up when people start talking about all the sexual slang out there.

Seriously, who ARE these people who sit around and make up definitions like that - so detailed and sexually explicit and ridiculous? I mean, really, where are they when these terms get invented? Sitting around at McDonald's, just trying to come up with the most obscure and nasty terms imaginable?

And so how, then, do those terms manage to slip from those dirty minds into uber-popular radio hits that become the most downloaded ring tones in America?

Or beyond that - they make it into our every day actions and conversations, from funk aerobics to 27th birthday parties?

At Torri's birthday party, we all just kind of squealed and laughed about the terms and their meanings.

But the more I think about it, I'm thinking it's not so funny.

I know the political people are going to want to take this discussion to the next step, wondering what we should do about this state of affairs and what it means for society.

Yes, yes to all that. But I'm writing about it more to take note of where me and my friends have accidentally ended up.

We all kinda love a song that is pretty darn disgusting.

PS) Please don't be graphic in the comments or I won't be able to post your feedback. No need for descriptions or explanations of these terms. That's what Google is for.

Excerpt from Lyrics:

Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch Me Crank It
Watch Me Roll
Watch Me Crank Dat Soulja Boy
Then Super Man Dat Hoe
Now Watch Me Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Watch Me yua!
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Watch Me yua!
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Watch Me yua!
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

From urbandictionary.com:

1. Superman 2035 up, 357 down

Superan; When you are mad at your girl for not having sex with you. So when she falls asleep you masturbate and cum on her back. After that, stick the bedsheet on to her back and when she wakes up it's stuck to the cum and she has a cape like Superman!!!

"Yo, dawg, Last night my bitch was being frothy so I have her a Superman"

First thought: Chick blogger is right about it being misogynistic and nasty, but I can't help but :lol: :lol: :lol: a little. "And all I can say is HOW DISGUSTING." :lol:

Second thought: Eazy-E would approve ater all, methinks. Right up his alley, actually.