PDA

View Full Version : What is the official word on Scott Wells?

BlueBrewer
10-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Anyone know anything?

BlueBrewer
10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
never mind I found It

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 10/08/2007

The versatility of the Green Bay Packers' young offensive linemen is proving to be valuable.

On Sunday night against Chicago, Jason Spitz took over for Scott Wells at center late in the third quarter after Wells was poked in the eye on a third-down running play. On Monday, Head Coach Mike McCarthy announced that Wells has a fractured orbital bone and will in all likelihood miss Sunday's game against Washington, forcing Spitz into his first start at center.

The Leaper
10-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah, Wells is definitely out this week...and from what I've seen, he could be out 2-4 weeks. So he might miss time after the bye if he is a slow healer.

SkinBasket
10-11-2007, 01:15 PM
The versatility of the Green Bay Packers' young offensive linemen is proving to be valuable.

You could replace versatility with mediocrity and it would be the same article.

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2007, 05:28 PM
I can't imagine an offensive lineman playing effectively with a cracked eye socket. as Vince said, you block with your forehead. Spitz needs some experience at Center, and I expect he'll get it.

esoxx
10-11-2007, 07:30 PM
We still haven't solved the OG problem. Way too eratic yet.

Joemailman
10-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Official injury report
Here's the official injury report:

PACKERS
Out
Cornerback Will Blackmon (foot)
Center Scott Wells (eye)

Limited Participation
Left tackle Chad Clifton (knee)
Tight end Bubba Franks (knee)
Cornerback Al Harris (back)
Receiver Greg Jennings (shoulder)
Defensive end Michael Montgomery (knee)
Running back Vernand Morency (team decision)
Cornerback Charles Woodson (foot)

deake
10-11-2007, 09:28 PM
And Coston who backs up Spitz who backed up Wells at center, has a gimpy ankle, so who backs up Spitz if Coston can't? Are we looking at Rob?

HarveyWallbangers
10-11-2007, 09:29 PM
And Coston who backs up Spitz who backed up Wells at center, has a gimpy ankle, so who backs up Spitz if Coston can't? Are we looking at Rob?

I'm assuming Moll or Barbre.

esoxx
10-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Davis has no value beyond long snapping.

LL2
10-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Frankie Winters was the best center the Packers have ever had...bring him back out of retirement.

deake
10-12-2007, 06:00 PM

In Greg Bedard's Bog," MM says Tauscher and Colledge are backing up Spitz if Coston can't and both took some snaps at center." Tauscher at center????

MJZiggy
10-12-2007, 06:02 PM

In Greg Bedard's Bog," MM says Tauscher and Colledge are backing up Spitz if Coston can't and both took some snaps at center." Tauscher at center????

I can see him taking on a nose tackle...he's a big boy.

oregonpackfan
10-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Frankie Winters was the best center the Packers have ever had...bring him back out of retirement.

No Way! Jim Ringo was the best center the Packers ever had.

Tarlam!
10-12-2007, 06:04 PM

No Way! Jim Ringo was the best center the Packers ever had.

Eerie. I know you now, so, I know how you're sayin' it! Eerie.....