PDA

View Full Version : Article PR Predictions Week 6

MJZiggy
10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
By Fosco

Thank you to all who commented on the pilot week of the new ranking/prediction format. I’ve received mostly positive responses and this week’s information includes a few of the tweaks suggested by our readers (injuries/HFA). Again, I’m giving you predictions based solely on the rankings that are built on key statistics. To read the Ranks, Click here. (www.packerrats.com)

Tarlam!
10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
So, what you are saying is, you predict the Packers to lose?

God, I hope you messed up there somewhere....

Partial
10-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Fos if your company isn't paying you Actuary type bank, I think you should pursue that as a career. Quite the stat guru and accurate at predicting things.

superfan
10-11-2007, 05:17 PM
This week will be an interesting test of the effectiveness of the system. Minnesota, Kansas City, Washington, Tennessee, Atlanta are all underdogs who are predicted to win.

Could be some easy money for you this week Fosco. :D

MJZiggy
10-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Which reminds me I need to go do my picks...

woodbuck27
10-11-2007, 08:04 PM
So, what you are saying is, you predict the Packers to lose?

God, I hope you messed up there somewhere....

The Redskins will be tough and a win Vs them huge.

This is a close match -up but the Skins have momentum just creaming the Lions last Sunday.

They embarassed Kitna and the Lions.

GO PACKERS !

superfan
10-11-2007, 08:29 PM
This is a close match -up but the Skins have momentum just creaming the Lions last Sunday.

They embarassed Kitna and the Lions.

GO PACKERS !

On the other hand, if we are able to beat the Skins, that bodes well for our chances of winning the division.

:cow:

MadtownPacker
10-11-2007, 10:02 PM
OK so last week you picked them to win. Does that heavily influence them losing this week?

Fosco33
10-11-2007, 11:27 PM
I hope with every bone in my body that the Packers win -- nothing would make me happier than having the prediction wrong 8-)

But yeah, the Packers lost quite a bit on turnover margin (from +3 to -1 and a drop from 5th to 18th) and some on defensive points allowed. But gained a little on yards/play (5.3 to 5.7).

They dropped from 9th to 10th overall.

Regardless, the Redskins have a good defense and don't allow many points. Packers will need to find that running game from the 1st half, protect the ball and keep the mental mistakes lower (Packers are near the top of the league in penalties and penalty yardage).

On the other games -- yeah it's a week for small dogs.

Fosco33
10-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Fos if your company isn't paying you Actuary type bank, I think you should pursue that as a career. Quite the stat guru and accurate at predicting things.

I made a major fopaux at JSO on my career so I won't directly respond. Put it this way - I do plenty of data analysis but lately I have people do that for me... I've been pretty lucky so far in life.

RashanGary
10-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Excellent work, Fosco. 86% is awsome.