PDA

View Full Version : Davenport....a piece of crap??

Brando19
10-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I found this on foxsports.com....if true...Davenport is one of the biggest losers in the NFL.

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Najeh Davenport was charged with domestic violence, child endangering and unlawful restraint in a custody-related confrontation with the mother of his 5-year-old son.

Chief Michael McGrath said Thursday night that Davenport would be given a chance to surrender for a court appearance on the misdemeanors. If convicted, he could face a sentence of 14 months.
Police said the Oct. 4 dispute involved Anita Person and custody of their son.

According to police, Person said Davenport was picking up the child for a court-approved visit and threatened to keep him. She said Davenport drove off as she unbuckled the child's seatbelt and then slapped and choked her and slammed her to the ground while she held the boy.

According to Davenport, Person became upset over his plans to seek custody. According to Davenport, she climbed into the back seat of the moving car, kneeled on his 2-year-old son and grabbed the 5-year-old, then scratched Davenport's face outside the car.

The 5-year-old suffered a swollen lip.

Davenport could not be reached for comment Friday. Messages were left for him at the offices of the team and his agent. A phone listing for Davenport rang unanswered.

Tarlam!
10-13-2007, 09:30 AM
I found this on foxsports.com....if true...Davenport is one of the biggest losers in the NFL.

Ya think?

I know me. He didn't reportedly do anything I wouldn't have done.

MJZiggy
10-13-2007, 09:36 AM
I wanna know all the "why's" and a whole lot better detail before I judge what happened.

Brando19
10-13-2007, 10:10 AM

Ya think?

I know me. He didn't reportedly do anything I wouldn't have done.

Well then may you and Davenport rot in jail. :wink:

RashanGary
10-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Sounds like she might be a real piece of crap too. It sounds like a bad, disfunctional situation all around. It's hard for me to assume somebody is a bad person based on something like this, even if he did temporarily lose control.

mraynrand
10-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I wanna know all the "why's" and a whole lot better detail before I judge what happened.

Indeed

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51UoPtL3VhL._AA240_.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
10-13-2007, 10:54 AM

no kidding. As if people wouldn't make up xxxx in a bitter custody disagreement.

Jimx29
10-13-2007, 02:47 PM
First instinct: she just may be a royal pain in the ass and is trying to set him up and gain full custody....I.E. more of that NFL $$$$$ comes her way

I could be wrong of course.....

Tarlam!
10-14-2007, 04:21 AM

Did you see his part of the story, too?

Until you've been in a crazy situation like like, you prolly don't know how you'd react, and I pray that you never experience it.

FYI, in my incident, the cops didn't have me rot in jail.

Brando19
10-14-2007, 08:38 AM

Did you see his part of the story, too?

Until you've been in a crazy situation like like, you prolly don't know how you'd react, and I pray that you never experience it.

FYI, in my incident, the cops didn't have me rot in jail.

Tarlam, I didn't know you were really in an incident. I apologize to you sincerely. I was only kidding.

Tarlam!
10-14-2007, 08:40 AM
I apologize to you sincerely. I was only kidding.

We're cool Brando, no probs!

Brando19
10-14-2007, 12:24 PM
I apologize to you sincerely. I was only kidding.

We're cool Brando, no probs!

Thanks Tarlam. I'll be more cautious before I speak from now on.

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh, quit kissing his ass, no one is suppose to think before we type here, if everyone did that, i'd stop coming. :lol:

Rastak
10-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Oh, quit kissing his ass, no one is suppose to think before we type here, if everyone did that, i'd stop coming. :lol:

I noticed that.
... :wink: