PDA

View Full Version : Official Gameday Thread: Skins vs. Packers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

GBRulz
10-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Well, Mad has passed the torch on.... I certainly hope that I bring half as good as luck as he did!!

Let's go Pack !!!!
:pack: :cow: :pack:

BallHawk
10-13-2007, 02:26 PM
I can't see us losing this game in any way. We'll either blow them out or win close.

retailguy
10-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I can't see us losing this game in any way. We'll either blow them out or win close.

Ominous....

Brando19
10-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Go Pack Go.
There's so many Redskins fans around here where I live...I hope the Packers blow them out of the water so I don't have to worry about hearing their mouths.

KYPack
10-13-2007, 04:02 PM
The torch was passed correctly.

Go GBR, get us goin'!

Bretsky
10-13-2007, 04:19 PM

The Badger Packer results have been identical every week

Bretsky
10-13-2007, 04:20 PM
The torch was passed correctly.

Go GBR, get us goin'!

The torch was passed to a chick ? Well anyways, spankings if we lose :lol: :lol:

CaliforniaCheez
10-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Oh no!! I missed the Kick off.

Tarlam!
10-13-2007, 05:42 PM
It wasn't Mad's fault alone. He was on my PC last week.

Damned kraut keyboard!

MJZiggy
10-13-2007, 05:47 PM
LOL!!! :lol: :lol:

mmmdk
10-13-2007, 06:03 PM

I think we'll see, this weekend, who the Packers are or could become this season. The Redskins are the best team the Packers have faced so far; the Chargers are better but were in a funk yet played well vs Packers.

Packer fans are looking past the Redskins, let's hope the players/coaches realise this is a very, very well coached Redskin team and no walkover.

My edge goes to the Skins due to better coaching. This Packers can win but I'd not be surprised - at all - by a Skins win.

A Packer win is paramount as they hit the road after the bye. Yet, somehow, Packers have played ok on the road under Mike III but have fizzled a lot at Lambeau. Go figure!

BallHawk
10-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Last time we played the 'Skins before the bye we beat them 28-14, thanks to a penalty on the 'Skins to offset a go-ahead Portis TD.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2007, 07:07 PM
I think the Packers are who we thought they where they just forgot who they knew they where.

Good luck chica!!

Im in Tahoe so I wont be on tomorrow but I think the time to bounce back is now!!

Joemailman
10-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Well, Mad has passed the torch on.... I certainly hope that I bring half as good as luck as he did!!

Let's go Pack !!!!

Half as good?! :no: We expect another 8 in a row, which should be good for home field through the playoffs. :pack: :cow: :pack:

Partial
10-13-2007, 09:31 PM

Don't say that shit. Washington is actually pretty damn good. I expect a tough, tough game.

MJZiggy
10-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Don't say that too loud...they're expecting all they can handle out of this game.

Partial
10-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Maybe the difference was I wasn't at work last week for the game :D

Brando19
10-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Maybe the difference was I wasn't at work last week for the game :D

GO TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

BEARMAN
10-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Your boys got their hands full this game, hope your team (packers) are up to it. Button up those chin straps, hope no one gets hurt.

(that is as close to good luck as your getting from me)

Joemailman
10-13-2007, 09:55 PM
You mellowing out, Bearman? :wink:

GrnBay007
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM

I bet he's a closet Packer fan.

:P

RashanGary
10-13-2007, 10:00 PM
I acctually appreciate the civility from the Bear fan. They won, he could be a lot worse right now.

As far as this game goes, I really hope we get a W or it could get ugly around here. The Redskins are a VERY good team. A bouce back win would say a lot about this teams resiliancy. A loss would mean an EXTREMELY LONG BYE WEEK :( :( :(

BEARMAN
10-13-2007, 10:02 PM

You would LOOSE ! :twisted:

Go BEARS Go !

MJZiggy
10-13-2007, 10:03 PM
He's just sensing that I was forced to choose the Bears over the Vikings in pick 'em this week...

GrnBay007
10-13-2007, 10:04 PM

Go BEARS Go !

That's what they all say in the beginning. Suddenly your thoughts turn to Green and Gold.....and you are a part of the Winning family. :D

RashanGary
10-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Spitz and Moll starting at C and OG scare me. They are both probably close to as good as who they are replacing, but there is timing and continuity at risk. On the bright side, it's not like they had any to begin with in the run game, so that can't get any worse. Hopefully these guys can do their job in pass pro, giving Brett the time that he has been accustomed to the last couple weeks.

Partial
10-13-2007, 11:01 PM
I like Moll more than Coston because he is physical. Coston needs to take some toughen up pills.

Tomorrow I am going into work at 7 to get some $13/hour christmas stocking done from 11 hours. That is money in bank and will allow for me to break away for an hour and go to Champs and catch some of the game.

Two of my three managers are in tomorrow so I probably won't be able to hop on at all. Weak sauce, but oh well. They are paying me an assload of money to listen to the game and unbox and inventory christmas toys.

Not to sound too generic, but whoever can win the line of scrimmage tomorrow will win the game. If we can stop the run and get to the passer while protecting Favre, expect a good win. If we can stop the run and get to the passer but cannot protect Favre, expect a close game. If we can't do any of those expect a loss. Washington has two very good tackles so expect to see Kampman subbed in and out a lot with Corey Williams to keep him fresh. I think Harrell will be active again by virtue of Brandon Jackson not being active. Hopefully he can show some interior pass rush and ability to shed blocks.

Packers4Ever
10-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Your boys got their hands full this game, hope your team (packers) are up to it. Button up those chin straps, hope no one gets hurt.

(that is as close to good luck as your getting from me)

*x8x8x8x8x8x8x8x8x8x8x8x8x8x8

Hey nice of you to stop by to wish us well, Bearman,

I expect our Pack to do a little damage at Lambeau today!

:lol: :glug: :lol:

the_idle_threat
10-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Washington lost one of their offensive tackles---Jon Jansen---for the season already in week 2 or something like that. So maybe the front four catches a break and gets some pressure.

esoxx
10-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Didn't the Bears lose their LT last week for the game? Also, Miller looked over the hill at RT and yet minimized Aaron Kampman for much of the game.

Defense needs to step it up against the 'skins.

oregonpackfan
10-13-2007, 11:32 PM
The game is being shown on the West Coast. Freak Out, you should be able to see it up in Alaska!

BallHawk
10-13-2007, 11:58 PM

Don't say that shit. Washington is actually pretty damn good. I expect a tough, tough game.

Is a good team, but I'm getting positive vibes about this game.

That's all Packnut should need to hear to bet his life-savings on this game. :wink:

BEARMAN
10-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Is a good team, but I'm getting positive vibes about this game.

That's all Packnut should need to hear to bet his life-savings on this game. :wink:

Didn't you have those same "positive vibes" last week ? :shock:

BEARMAN
10-14-2007, 02:00 AM

Go BEARS Go !

That's what they all say in the beginning. Suddenly your thoughts turn to Green and Gold.....and you are a part of the Winning family. :D

If you cut me, I bleed Da BEARS Blue & Orange ! I have the BEARS head tattooed on my left chest, over my heart. My dog's name is BEAR, All my kids and all my grandkids are BEARS fans ! My grandfauther was a BEARS fan, my Dad is a BEARS fan, I am a BEARS fan, my son is a BEARS fan, my Grandson is a BEARS fan. What do you think we think of the green & gold? :twisted:

Rastak
10-14-2007, 07:54 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7331816

Few would have predicted in training camp that Washington and Green Bay would have a combined 7-2 record for this early showdown between teams chasing Dallas in the NFC. The surprising matchup also presents an interesting quarterback story because both starters are from rural Mississippi.

The Redskins swapped three draft choices with Denver in order to select Auburn's Jason Campbell with the 25th choice in 2005. The player selected immediately before Campbell was Aaron Rodgers, now in his third season as Favre's backup.
Until the second half against the Bears, Favre has been playing excellent football. But after he gambled on a silly throw that was intercepted by Brian Urlacher — a turnover the Bears immediately cashed into seven points — it appeared Packers coach Mike McCarthy put the wraps on Favre, whose passing offense still ranks No. 1 in the NFL.

On the next series, McCarthy called three straight runs and punted.

On the next series, McCarthy called his fourth consecutive run before two dink throws to tight end Bubba Frank gained a combined 5 yards, forcing another punt.

On the third Packer series after the Urlacher interception, McCarthy still declined to allow Favre to throw longer than 3 yards. Yes, another punt.

Finally on the fourth series, on third down, after another failed run and another dink pass attempt, Favre completed an 11-yard pass.

Those possessions cost Green Bay the game, one that would have put the Bears firmly in the cellar, maybe to disappear off the radar screen. Instead, the Bears won in Lambeau and now have new life.

The Packers don't have a running game, which makes those run calls all the more intriguing. It's almost like McCarthy was afraid to allow Favre to compete and try to win the game. You could also tell in the final minutes of the game that Favre was upset that his head coach had called a timeout when he was preparing to spike the ball and save the valuable timeout.

Remember, Raiders owner Al Davis wanted to trade Randy Moss to the Packers, but Green Bay passed on the former Viking. After last week's second half, I wonder if McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson didn't want Moss, knowing that Favre would be taking chances down the field if he had No. 81. With Moss, Favre could stretch the field and make the passing game even better like Tom Brady is doing in New England. But Favre would also be taking more chances.

There is no doubt that Rodgers, for the first time this summer, looked like he's ready to play NFL quarterback. He could definitely run this dink-and-dunk passing game offense, one he operated to perfection at Cal under Jeff Tedford.

The bottom line is that Favre is something special, even at his age. But if McCarthy doesn't allow him to be himself, heck, he might as well find out if Rodgers can play. Yes, the team is bigger than any quarterback. But in Green Bay, Favre is the team. So let him play and take the wraps off.

GAME: Washington at Green Bay
TIME: 1 ET

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Washington QB Jason Campbell is coming off his finest NFL performance, where he completed 23 of 29 passes for 248 yards and two TDs against the Lions last Sunday. He did it without WR Santana Moss, who will play Sunday. However, Antwaan Randle El (hamstring) will be a game-time decision. The Packers' offensive line will be minus center Scott Wells, but Brett Favre's pass protection could be leaky as Tony Moll could be starting for RG Junius Colston. Jason Spitz, the regular guard, is now at center. Although Favre is facing a Washington secondary featuring four former first-round draft picks, the Redskins could be minus LB Marcus Washington and DE Philip Daniels. After missing two games, Packers RB Brandon Jackson returns, but the team probably will stick with a three-man rotation even though rookie DeShawn Wynn got most of the action last Sunday.

CZAR'S SCOOP: This is an unusual story. Jason Campbell's father, Larry, has taught Favre's daughter, Brittany, in high school in Hattiesburg, Miss. Larry Campbell serves as a substitute teacher at the local high school. "He just said how nice she is and that she came up and introduced herself," Jason said. "He just said she's a really nice girl." How does the state of Mississippi develop quarterbacks like Archie Manning, Favre, Campbell, Steve McNair? Said Campbell: "You have nothing else to do but sit outside and throw a football at trees. That's how you work on your accuracy, knocking loose bark off of trees." The Packers are hoping that WR Koren Robinson will have his suspension lifted and give Favre another deep threat.

Him8123
10-14-2007, 08:05 AM
yes let Favre play! Lets Go Pack!!!!!!

LL2
10-14-2007, 08:40 AM

What's the correlation? The Badgers lost yesterday so are you saying the Packers will lose today?

Rastak
10-14-2007, 08:43 AM

What's the correlation? The Badgers lost yesterday so are you saying the Packers will lose today?

I believe that is exactly what he is saying.

Tarlam!
10-14-2007, 09:01 AM
THREE MORE HOURS!!!!!

I have no fingernails left....

Tarlam!
10-14-2007, 09:07 AM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/preview?game_id=29274&displayPage=tab_preview&season=2007&week=REG6

Packers look to rebound against defensive-minded Redskins
Associated Press

At this point, teams must know what's coming from Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers.

Going into Sunday's game against the Washington Redskins at Lambeau Field, the Packers (4-1) lead the league with an average of 294.6 yards passing per game. They're also the league's second-worst rushing team, and Favre's downfield accuracy isn't quite what it used to be.

The 4-1 Green Bay Packers have a great challenge on their hands in the Washington Redskins' defense. More ... It doesn't take a week in the video vault to figure out that the Packers plan to dissect defenses with quick, short passes that lead to long runs after the catch - "dinking and dunking," as Favre calls it.

So why, with the exception of the Chicago Bears' performance in their second-half comeback Sunday night, has nobody been able to stop it in recent weeks?

Tight end Bubba Franks said the Packers don't need the element of surprise to move the ball.

"They know what's coming," Franks said. "But can you run your offense better than they can run their defense? Even though they do know it's coming, we just have to go out and execute. It's hard to stop when everybody's clicking."

But despite a hot start against an early schedule that featured four playoff teams from last season, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said the Redskins (3-1) will be "the best team that we've played to date."

Favre agrees.

"I think their defense in general is playing by far the best football we've seen up to this point," Favre said. "It's not a knock against the teams we've played. But they really haven't had injuries, they have a lot of veterans, they have high picks and everything that they did from an organization standpoint, defensively speaking, is kind of coming into place."

The Redskins faced another pass-happy NFC North team last week and stopped it cold.

Washington held the Detroit Lions and mad-scientist offensive coordinator Mike Martz to a measly field goal in a 34-3 romp last Sunday. The Lions gained only 144 yards, the fewest allowed by the Redskins since 1992.

And the Redskins stopped the Lions without using a bunch of blitzes, a curveball from aggressive assistant coach Gregg Williams.

"Now that's not to say he won't roll the dice against us," Favre said. "But against a very high-powered offense in Detroit, they played as vanilla as you can play and never gave up anything. And when you can do that and get pressure with the front four, it sure makes it a whole lot easier to call a game. He's presented problems to us in the past with his exotic blitzes and things of that nature; that would pose a threat to us again. But why do it if you don't have to?"

Favre, who will break a tie with George Blanda and become the league's all-time interception king with his next pick, has earned rave reviews for being more careful this year.

He has thrown only four interceptions, and only one true head-scratcher: a lob to Brian Urlacher that helped the Bears mount a second-half comeback on Sunday. But Redskins safety Carlos Rogers has seen more balls that were there for the taking.

"He's still throwing them out there," Rogers said. "He's still letting his guys try to make a play, and the ball's been loose. The guys haven't put their hands on them. We've got to show him different looks, but when the opportunity comes, take advantage of it."

The Redskins could be without a pair of key players on Sunday, linebacker Marcus Washington (hamstring) and defensive end Phillip Daniels (shoulder).

Although the Packers' dormant running game did show some signs of improvement last Sunday, there's no reason to expect a quantum leap this week, particularly with center Scott Wells sidelined because of a broken bone near his eye.

But the Packers always can add wrinkles to their passing game.

"We have a lot more offense we haven't showed yet," Franks said. "I don't think we've had to show it up to this point. We still have a lot more offense out there, and it's exciting, because you kind of run the same plays over and over and they're working right now. When they stop working, we can open up the rest of our offense."

The Packers have a pretty stout defense of their own, a challenge to third-year Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell.

"Our defensive coaches were the first ones that told us, 'Hey, when you get to the Packers, you're going to have a problem,"' Redskins coach Joe Gibbs said.

Campbell, a Mississippi kid who grew up admiring Favre, is coming into his own as a starter and is coming off perhaps the best game yet of his career. After starting seven times last season, Campbell said the game is slowing down "tremendously" as he gains experience.

"I'm excited about the progress," Campbell said. "At the same time, every time, you can't get too high on yourself, you can't get too low on yourself or you make mistakes."

Campbell should get wide receiver Santana Moss back after he missed the Detroit game with a groin injury, but Antwaan Randle El (hamstring) could miss a game for the first time in his NFL career.

Gibbs praised Campbell's decision-making, saying the kid knows when to try to make a big play and when to throw it away.

"I felt like that was the best thing he did, and I felt like that was probably his best game since he's started for us," Gibbs said. "He's young at quarterback, we know that, but I felt like he made some real good decisions. And many times your quarterback, the best decision he makes is when it's not there, when he chooses to do the smart thing."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Rastak
10-14-2007, 09:13 AM
A Packer win today would be pretty impressive. The Redskins are playing very well right now.

Tarlam!
10-14-2007, 09:15 AM
A Packer win today would be pretty impressive. The Redskins are playing very well right now.

I Vikings win would be just as impressive, Ras. GOOD LUCK for today!

Rastak
10-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks Tar. Do you get streaming video for the Packers game?

Tarlam!
10-14-2007, 09:22 AM

Yeah, I'm set!!

I am subscribed to http://sports.yahoo.com/nflgamepass. Costs me 199 for the regular season.

It doesn't work in the USA. I can see one game per week, so I always just choose the Packers' games...

Rastak
10-14-2007, 09:26 AM

Yeah, I'm set!!

I am subscribed to http://sports.yahoo.com/nflgamepass. Costs me 199 for the regular season.

It doesn't work in the USA. I can see one game per week, so I always just choose the Packers' games...

Very cool. I've streamed some live Cricket and some Tennis before and it works pretty well.

gbgary
10-14-2007, 09:38 AM
the games two hours away and there's 3 pages already? wow!!

I've streamed some live Cricket...

why? were you having trouble sleeping?

gbgary
10-14-2007, 09:39 AM
(dupe post)

Rastak
10-14-2007, 09:41 AM
the games two hours away and there's 3 pages already? wow!!

I've streamed some live Cricket...

why? were you having trouble sleeping?

No, that'd be baseball I'd put on if I had insomnia.

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 09:56 AM
What a change from last week's game....

Today, major overcast and intermittant rain showers are expected during the day. Right now GB is a chilly 41 degrees ! Good day to plop on the couch and crank the heat !

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 09:58 AM

Let's go Pack !!!!

Half as good?! :no: We expect another 8 in a row, which should be good for home field through the playoffs. :pack: :cow: :pack:

Greedy one....next thing you'll want is 50 yd seats to the home playoff games :wink:

Rastak
10-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Tom Pellisaro (sp?) on KFAN in the Twin Cities just called the game a tossup. Should be a grind it out game if it's going to be wet.

MJZiggy
10-14-2007, 09:59 AM
I can't do anything like that (much as I want to). My kid has a soccer game RIGHT in the middle of the game.

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 10:01 AM

You are under estimating the Skins; they are playing good ball and have the #3 rated D. They are better than the Bears.

I think we win but could see it going either way

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 10:01 AM

Go BEARS Go !

She is use to losing bets :lol:

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm sure you would rather watch the coach anyhow ! :lol:

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Lots better than the bears are the skins, but so are the Packers even though they lost on Sunday night. :x

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 10:04 AM
I think we are playing with a little bit of a chip on our shoulder....especially JJ....which can be a good thing.

MJZiggy

Can you blame me?!!

Joemailman

Let's go Pack !!!!

Greedy one....next thing you'll want is 50 yd seats to the home playoff games :wink:

You can read my mind. :shock: Now I know I'm in trouble.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 10:05 AM

You are under estimating the Skins; they are playing good ball and have the #3 rated D. They are better than the Bears.

I think we win but could see it going either way

Yea, Skins are playing very well defensively. This will be a tough game.

Bears are going to be tough at home for the Vikes too.

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 10:05 AM
I agree, if we'd have won last week, I would have us losing this week. We were playing so so the past few weeks and it finally bit us in the backend last week.

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 10:06 AM

Can you blame me?!!

He is easy on the eyes, absolutely, but I don't have OCD over the married mexicans/hispanics like you do :lol:

MJZiggy
10-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Well I wouldn't got THAT far...

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 10:10 AM
LOL !

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 10:14 AM
I am so glad that Mad changed the forum a while back where people can read without logging in.

OBF just changed their site where you can't read the forums without logging in and it's ANNOYING !! And since I'm banned from there, I guess I won't be reading anytime soon. This announcement is on their entrance to the forum board....

Use of the forums on this website is a privilege, not a right. Inappropriate use of the forums is cause for restricting further use per the discretion of the moderator. Any user who believes that another user has posted inappropriate content on the forums, or has used the forums in an inappropriate manner, is encouraged to contact the moderator imediately regarding such inappropriate use. A user should obviously contact local law enforcement if such user feels personally threatened or harrassed by the inappropriate use of the forums by another user.

MJZiggy
10-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Maybe they've had a little "issue" over there?

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 10:19 AM
This is gonna be a tough game, I've watched three skins games this year, and their defense is really tough. The problem is that they aren't just good against the run, they have very good DB's also. Favre is going to have to play to the level he has been this year (including last week, JJ's fumbles cost us that game) if we have a chance. I, however, do think that we will be able to do well against them defensively. We match up very well with them. I expect Portis to break a couple of decent runs, as long as they come on their side of the field, we should be ok. I think Campbell Soup will struggle against our mighty D. I expect us to win the turnover battle today because of this, and ultimately beat the Skins in a tough battle. Knock on wood for no injuries in a hard hitting game.

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't know what happened to the cheerleading forum over there! They really are clueless when it comes to football, but I do like to read what DavidPHX has to say about Brett. Being his pilot, it's stuff you won't read anytime soon on ESPN.

Then again, David is the reason that I'm banned because I called him arrogant. :roll:

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 10:21 AM
What's OBF?

MJZiggy
10-14-2007, 10:22 AM
officialbrettfavre.com

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Just checked it out, huh, never knew it existed. When was it started? Do they have a chat forum?

MJZiggy
10-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Just checked it out, huh, never knew it existed. When was it started? Do they have a chat forum?

AFAIK, It's been around quite a while and they do have a forum, but if you wanna talk nuts and bolts football like you do here, you'd be in the wrong place. That's a fan forum dedicated to discussing the wonders of Brett's jock and how much they love him (and it). All you need is to see the reaction if Deanna logs in for 30 seconds (they worship her too).

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I think it's safe to say that it's a website where you can buy tons of different authentic Favre stuff and on the side, they have a chat forum.

They also delete topics on the forum after it's two pages long.

MJZiggy
10-14-2007, 10:39 AM
When did they start doing that? I've seen them go 3 pages on a Deanna sighting...and last year's return announcement was almost as long as one of our game threads...

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 10:40 AM
not the thread itself, Z.... I mean the page count of topics. Like here there are currently 208 pages of Packer threads. They cut it off after page 2.

MJZiggy
10-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Ahhh... I get it. No digging back in the forum...

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Packers game to be abuzz with flyover by Super Hornets

Event to coincide with end of national anthem

By Tony Walter
twalter@greenbaypressgazette.com

Lt. Andrew Pearson's next view of Lambeau Field will be brief.

Pearson, who grew up in Columbus, Wis., will be one of two U.S. Navy pilots who will fly over the stadium today at 290 mph.

The plan is to buzz the stadium the minute "The Star-Spangled Banner" ends, but it doesn't always work that way.

"We're at the mercy of the singer," said Pearson, who will fly his Super Hornet jet off the wing of a similar jet flown by Lt. Cmdr. Ted Burk.

The pilots will take off from Austin Straubel International Airport at 11:15 a.m. today and stay about 15 miles north of Lambeau Field until the national anthem begins. They'll be in radio contact with Lt. Jeff Millar at the stadium, who will give the signal to head south.

The jets will fly at 1,000 feet over the stadium before returning to the airport.

"Sometimes we nail it," Burk said of the timing. "But it's important anyway for our recruiting as we're trying to get more people to join the Navy."

The single-seat jets were flown to Green Bay on Friday from a Naval base in California. Burk said the cost is worth the time.

The Super Hornets weigh 34,000 pounds and can carry up to 17,000 pounds of fuel.

Burk has made three other flyovers at Lambeau Field, while Pearson will be making his first. They spent the day Friday attending the Packers practice, and will watch today's game as guests of the Packers.

The only thing that will prevent a flyover today will be the weather. The pilots need a 3,000-foot ceiling and at least one mile of visibility

Rastak
10-14-2007, 10:46 AM
That's pretty cool!

They never do that at the dome....LOL.....

I can see it now.....hey, I hear planes flying overhead!

MJZiggy
10-14-2007, 10:47 AM
They can show it on the jumbotron.

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 10:52 AM
I admit, I don't know a whole lot about the different fighter jets. There is a flyover at just about every home game though (day). I'm assuming the Blue Hornets are a big deal vs the normal F18 fighter jets that we usually have.

No matter what, it shakes the hell out of the house and Bretta immediately will go hide under my bed.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Here are the inactives, hot off the press...

Green Bay Packers
Inactives: CB Will Blackmon, RB Brandon Jackson, LB Desmond Bishop, G Junius Coston, C Scott Wells, DT Colin Cole, DT Daniel Muir, DT Mike Montgomery.

Fantasy take: DeShawn Wynn and Vernand Morency will share carried with Jackson out. Greg Jennings (shoulder) is active and will start.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 11:08 AM
more inactives...

Washington Redskins
Inactives: QB Mark Brunell (3rd QB), DB David Macklin, LB Marcus Washington, DT Ryan Boschetti, T Rick DeMulling, G Randy Thomas, TE Cody Boyd, WR Reche Caldwell.

Fantasy take: Antwaan Randle El (hamstring) and Santana Moss (groin) are both active and will start.

Minnesota Vikings
Inactives: QB Brooks Bollinger (3rd QB), DB Ronyell Whitaker, RB Mewelde Moore, TE Garrett Mills, G Brian Daniels, T Chase Johnson, WR Aundrae Allison, DE Jayme Mitchell.

Fantasy take: Tarvaris Jackson (groin) is active and will start in Chicago.

Chicago Bears
Inactives: QB Kyle Orton (3rd QB), CB Nathan Vasher, RB Lousaka Polite, SAF Josh Gattis, LB Darrell McClover, G Josh Beekman, WR Mike Haas, NT Darwin Walker.

Fantasy take: The absence of Vasher and Walker hurts the Bears defense, but LB Brian Urlacher (back) and LB Lance Briggs (hamstring) are both active.

Freak Out
10-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Going to be a tough game for the Packers unless they can get the run going today and be able to mix things up. The Skins are very tough against the pass.

footballfever
10-14-2007, 11:28 AM
It's gonna hurt with Coston and Wells out. But this is where the depth of our O-line should show, if we can take care of the football we should be OK today.

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 11:30 AM
There defense is stingier than the Bears, but their offense is nothing to write home about. If we can pressure Campbell and get him to throw picks or at least win the field position battle most game we should win.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 11:31 AM
It's gonna hurt with Coston and Wells out. But this is where the depth of our O-line should show, if we can take care of the football we should be OK today.

Pellisaro said Spitz was airmailing snaps in practice this week. Could be a big issue at center. Maybe he rises to the occasion.

They said if Spitz gets hurt, it's Tauscher at center....Yikes!

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Hope the Vikes win but I would bet my money on the hometeam.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Hope the Vikes win but I would bet my money on the hometeam.

I gave some good points to both Chicago and Washington in the pickem league.....

Harlan Huckleby
10-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Green Bay Packers
Inactives: CB Will Blackmon, RB Brandon Jackson, LB Desmond Bishop, G Junius Coston, C Scott Wells, DT Colin Cole, DT Daniel Muir, DT Mike Montgomery.

Rastak,

Where do you find the inactive lists? I always look for the inactives on jsonline and packers.com, sometimes they have them sometimes not.

what happened to Coston? I guess we learn if Barbre can play today. Should be interesting. Could be a rough day inside.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Green Bay Packers

Rastak,

Where do you find the inactive lists? I always look for the inactives on jsonline and packers.com, sometimes they have them sometimes not.

what happened to Coston? I guess we learn if Barbre can play today. Should be interesting. Could be a rough day inside.

nfl.com

footballfever
10-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Green Bay Packers

Rastak,

nfl.com has a link for inactives thats where that list came from and Coston tweaked his ankle in practice thursday.

RashanGary
10-14-2007, 11:44 AM
The Vikings defense is better than the Packers defense. The Vikings have the best player on the field, Adrian Peterson. I would predict the Vikings win this one. I think the Vikings are one of the more underrated teams in the league.

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 11:45 AM
The good thing about the Skins defense is that it's strength isn't in pass rush, it's in coverage. They have a decent d-line, but it's their db's that causes problems in sustaining drives. Our WR's are gonna have to work hard to get open, and Brett is gonna really have to use the TE's today. I think we should run at least five screen plays today, they are aggressive, and it should be successful.

RashanGary
I'm pretty sure Moll is starting.

4and12to12and4
The Vikings defense is better than the Packers defense. The Vikings have the best player on the field, Adrian Peterson. I would predict the Vikings win this one. I think the Vikings are one of the more underrated teams in the league.

Give me some of those shrums, they must be intense.

Harlan Huckleby
10-14-2007, 11:46 AM
ok, thanks. I think I can remember "nfl.com"

RashanGary
I'm excited to see Rocky Mcintosh. He's supposed to be a stud.

Tarlam!

I agree with everything you said, but I will remind you that they have a coach named Brad Childress....

Rastak

He'd be right if they switched coaches and had even an average qb.

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 11:47 AM
The Bears will win by at least ten, and the Skins or Packers will win by 4 or less.

RashanGary
10-14-2007, 11:49 AM

Yeah. You guys should bring in the best journeyman QB next year (the new Trent Dilfer) and maybe a new coach. I think the Vikings have a lot going for them.

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 11:49 AM

I can agree with that, too bad the QB is the most important position in football. I'm rooting for 'em today though, Rastak!! Go Queens!!

MJZiggy
10-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Me too.

RashanGary
The Bears didn't impress me last week. Had the Packers not shot all of their toes off, it would ahve been a double digit victory for the Packers.

BallHawk
SNFL Countdown predictions:

Ditka- WSH

Johnson- GB

TJ- WSH

Emmit- WSH

Boomer- GB

BallHawk
10-14-2007, 11:51 AM
It seems like the analysts that all predicted a Packer win are having second-thoughts.

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Well boys and girls, enjoy your posting, I'm going to watch the games. Good luck Rastak, and Go Pack. Let's get a win today, and root for the Patriots so we can have the best record in the NFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ND72
10-14-2007, 11:55 AM
WOW...It feels like forever since I"ve been on here for a game, went to the Charger game, AT The Brewer game for the Vikes, and then went to the Bears game.

Unfortunately, I'm not feeling it today. Spitz & Moll starting at C & G....Redskins are a GOOD tough defense. Offense is pretty good. I expect a lot of power runs, which GB struggles against, and a lot of playaction passes to Cooley over Poopinga.

GrnBay007
10-14-2007, 11:57 AM
bear/viking game is televised here. :evil:

it's the radio for me.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 11:58 AM
bear/viking game is televised here. :evil:

Of course!

Go Vikes!

:)

gbgary
10-14-2007, 12:00 PM
OOOOOOOOH KAAAAAAAYY...LET'S GO PACK!!!!

BallHawk
10-14-2007, 12:01 PM
I take back my prediction, in fear of a jinx.

It's going to be a nail-bitter.

mmmdk
10-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Predictions aside; let's play ball.

GO PACK GO !

:pack:

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm excited to see Rocky Mcintosh. He's supposed to be a stud.

And signing Fletcher as a FA was very key for them as well. Buffalo D greatly misses him.

BallHawk
10-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Great weather in Green Bay, 46 degrees.

I'd love to be in Wisconsin right about now. It's 92 down here. :x

Rastak
A side note, Vikes kick to Hester, tackled at the 24.

Bretsky
SNFL Countdown predictions:

Ditka- WSH

Johnson- GB

TJ- WSH

Emmit- WSH

Boomer- GB

What are you doing watching that junk over Fox ? :lol:

BallHawk
Celebrities like coming to Packer games.

Of course, that depends if you consider NASCAR drivers celebrities. :wink:

BallHawk
10-14-2007, 12:04 PM
A side note, Vikes kick to Hester, tackled at the 24.

I salute Childress for having some balls.

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:05 PM
This defense is good; Favre is either going to make some great throws or give up a pick or two. Because I'm not sure we're going to get too open today

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:05 PM

Nope

BallHawk
10-14-2007, 12:06 PM

Forgive me, B. Do I need to repent?

Rastak

Nope

I second that.

BallHawk

Nope

I think Harv would have something to say about that.

BallHawk
Korey Hall for ROY.

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:07 PM

LOL; no way. I think all of the Fox guys predicted GB except for their hilarious comedian who does all the Madden/Bradshaw imitiations

BallHawk
10-14-2007, 12:08 PM
How long until Wynn leaves with cramps?

I say mid-way into the 2nd quarter.

Rastak
Bears punt......

Bretsky

Nope

I think Harv would have something to say about that.

He's not here to defend himself so who cares what he thinks :wink: :lol:

BallHawk

LOL; no way. I think all of the Fox guys predicted GB except for their hilarious comedian who does all the Madden/Bradshaw imitiations

Frank Caliendo?

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Pretty good run; I'm still not sold on Wynn long term but he's playing very well

Lucky that was not a pick; our WR's are not getting open.

ND72
10-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Pretty good run; I'm still not sold on Wynn long term but he's playing very well

Lucky that was not a pick; our WR's are not getting open.

I'm not sold on Wynn long term either, but he's like the today Samkon Gado, gotta ride with what's working right now. I liked what I saw from Morency last week, I'd like to see him get healthy and see what he could do, cause he looked QUICK.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 12:12 PM
I heard Jackson was a healthy scratch.....

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:13 PM

Frank Caliendo?

Yes, he does some great Madden imitations. I'll probably watch his late night show when it begins

BallHawk
10-14-2007, 12:14 PM

Eh, he's the 3rd best RB on the roster right now. Not a loss.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Peterson rips off a 30 yard run.....

Bretsky
I think Campbell is still very erratic; if we don't turn the ball over IMO we will win because of the difference at QB

BallHawk
Can anybody think of a player on our roster that could do a worse job than Woodson returning punts?

gbgary
good field position now so let's hope they do something with it

gbgary
10-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Can anybody think of a player on our roster that could do a worse job than Woodson returning punts?

brett

ND72
10-14-2007, 12:17 PM

You actually rank them? See my problem is, and McCarthy justified my problem with Wynn, is they don't run any "base" plays with Wynn...Draws, Dives, and Tosses, no zones, because he "doesn't understand them"....Morency and Jackson read the zones, but our OL doesn't get all their blocks, which I blame on scheme. If I had to rank our RB's right now....Morency, Jackson, Grant, Wynn...of which I'm sure I'll hear flack, but you get what you get with Wynn...no break away speed, straight ahead no cut runner, which doesn't completely fit our system.

BallHawk
10-14-2007, 12:17 PM
DONALD!!

The other one.

gbgary
10-14-2007, 12:18 PM
very nice. for a second there i thought he was gonna give the ball to jennings

Rastak
Sound like a close game in Green bay. Jackson overthrows open recievers and Vikes punt.....man is this getting old and the game just started.

BallHawk
I'm growing a liking to Wynn.

Bretsky

Justin Harrell :lol:

ND72

You actually rank them? See my problem is, and McCarthy justified my problem with Wynn, is they don't run any "base" plays with Wynn...Draws, Dives, and Tosses, no zones, because he "doesn't understand them"....Morency and Jackson read the zones, but our OL doesn't get all their blocks, which I blame on scheme. If I had to rank our RB's right now....Morency, Jackson, Grant, Wynn...of which I'm sure I'll hear flack, but you get what you get with Wynn...no break away speed, straight ahead no cut runner, which doesn't completely fit our system.

There is a BUT though....the kid makes plays. And I'm all about that.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Wow, how'd the Pack get down the field so fast!

Tarlam!
T FRIGGIN D!!!!!!!!!

footballfever
They bit HARD on that playaction play to Lee, someone is afraid of our running game lol

gbgary
well...that was quick. luv it!!

BallHawk
very nice. for a second there i thought he was gonna give the ball to jennings

Me too. I was anticipating a fumble.

BallHawk
10-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Wow, how'd the Pack get down the field so fast!

The lesser-known Donald (Lee) had a 60-yard reception.

mmmdk
I like Lee more and more; a pleasant surprise ! :D

Tarlam!
DONALD!!

The other one.

Too Funny :D

Harlan Huckleby

welcome aboard!

I think he's an nfl back.

That was a nice play action fake to Wynn on the pass to Donald Lee, really got the D off balance.

VegasPackFan
10-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Some interesting play calls from different formations so far....

MJZiggy

Who was it we used to have that dropped them all the time?

Tarlam!

welcome aboard!

I think he's an nfl back.

If ya'll go back to since the draft, that's how long I bin sayin' it!!!

Joemailman
Wynn needs to work on his Lambeau Leap though. Very mediocre.

Harlan Huckleby
10-14-2007, 12:22 PM

i don't like the injury risk. Woodson got creamed by a late hit the last punt return.

Harlan Huckleby
10-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Wynn needs to work on his Lambeau Leap though. Very mediocre.

progress, not perfection.

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:23 PM

Cory Rodgers
TT's fourth round draft pick last year

Brando19
10-14-2007, 12:25 PM
ALMOST INT!

Bretsky
Kevin Curtis
75yd TD reception

This Yahoo StatTracker is frickin great; well worth the ten dollars

If anybody wants any updates on stats or games let me know

gbgary
that should have been offensive pass int

BallHawk
10-14-2007, 12:26 PM
What in God's name are the Jets wearing? :shock:

gbgary
portus out...i'm not crying

Tarlam!
Gotta find a way to stop Portis...

Brando19
Redskins are slowly movin it down the field. :(

Brando19
10-14-2007, 12:27 PM

Do the packers have to wear throwbacks this year?

Chubbyhubby
10-14-2007, 12:27 PM
7-0 early Skins are threating. Should be a shootout. GO PACKERS!!

ND72
10-14-2007, 12:28 PM
The thing that scares me the most about the Redskins is they are a straight ahead power attacking offense....of which GB really struggles against. They're chipping off about 4-6 yards a play, and that's killer....and it'd be awesoem if we'd cover the best TE in the NFC Chris Cooley.

Brando19
WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GUARDING HIM???

Bretsky
How can we just leave that guy alone :?: :?:

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:29 PM
How can we just leave that guy alone :?: :?:

Of course

Poppinga :lol:

Rastak
Hester 89 yard punt return for TD....Yikes....they had pinned three times.....

gbgary
come on PACKER D

Harlan Huckleby
Redskins are slowly movin it down the field. :(

not so slowly

Redskins have a good offensive line. They are beating us on both pass and run.

ND72
And Al Harris just watches him dive into the endzone, good effort.

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:30 PM
WHY DID AL HARRIS NOT TRY TO TACKLE HIM ?????????

Harlan Huckleby
packers looked eerily like the badgers on that drive

Chubbyhubby
looks like we are going to have to score at every time they get the ball. 7-7 now. 3:43 left in the 1st quarter.

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Where is our D

VegasPackFan
How about somebody covering that friggin TE!!!!!!!!!

mmmdk
mmh...vanilla defense...

Harlan Huckleby
looks like we are going to have to score at every time they get the ball. 7-7 now. 3:43 left in the 1st quarter.

last one with the ball wins.

Bretsky
Jags losing 10-0

b bulldog
D line is getting stuffed in their passrush

VegasPackFan
10-14-2007, 12:32 PM
We're making Cooley look all world

b bulldog
Looks like a high scoring game. Our Dline better start showing up

Harlan Huckleby
D line is getting stuffed in their passrush

except on the running plays, where they are getting put on their butts

GBRulz
Starting to become concerened with the DL...opposing teams have had all day to pass

b bulldog
Cooley is very close to all world

ND72
10-14-2007, 12:33 PM

That would be everyone's favorite LB Brady POOPinga. who can't cover an ant, so all teams do is throw to the TE, and playaction pass to the TE....like the bears ddid all last week. It's not rocket science, find a guy who can't cover, and throw at him EVERY play.

gbgary
10-14-2007, 12:33 PM

I don't know. there's nothing in their history that looks like that. maybe someone stole their unis and they're wearing some local college unis. :D

it's not a bad look, just not jet-like.

Brando19
10-14-2007, 12:34 PM
C'mon OLINE....protect Favre.

gbgary
that hester is amazing

mmmdk
Hester just scored...

Rastak
that hester is amazing

He is....they were all over him....

Chubbyhubby
10-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Looking ugly so far. Besides the 60 yard pass by Favre the Packers look flat.

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:35 PM

That would be everyone's favorite LB Brady POOPinga. who can't cover an ant, so all teams do is throw to the TE, and playaction pass to the TE....like the bears ddid all last week. It's not rocket science, find a guy who can't cover, and throw at him EVERY play.

Hey, knock it off; I seem to be the most vocal Poppinga detractor; I didn't know that there was still two of us left :lol:

mmmdk
10-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Here comes the vanilla D ! I hope not !

ND72

Hey, knock it off; I seem to be the most vocal Poppinga detractor; I didn't know that there was still two of us left :lol:

Oh no, there's 2 of us. The only good thing Poop does is run full steam at a lead blocker. Other than that he's pretty useless.

GBRulz
All I want for Christmas is a running game. And I want Christmas to come early !!

gbgary
10-14-2007, 12:37 PM
washington is looking for everything short or so lets pump fake and go deep

BallHawk
For a second I thought that call would never come.

Rastak
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackson to Williamson 60 yard TD......had three steps on the Bears safety.

mmmdk
10-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Here comes the vanilla D ! I hope not !

Ok, I'll try be more possitive with our but they need to step up. Jenkins showed the way.

Bretsky
Dang Cooley is really good

GrnBay007
All I want for Christmas is a running game. And I want Christmas to come early !!

....and a game where we take a BIG early lead and KEEP it!!

Chubbyhubby
10-14-2007, 12:39 PM
3rd and 13 and they get a 14 yard Pass!!

gbgary
10-14-2007, 12:39 PM
ok.......enuf of this cooley fucker. someone needs to shadow this guy

mmmdk
10-14-2007, 12:40 PM
...another scoop of vanilla? - COLLINS, please tackle !

Fred's Slacks
If you want to be a respectable defense, you should never, never, never give up 3rd and 14.

b bulldog
Boy is hawk playing well :oops:

BEARMAN
Hawk got beat ! :shock:

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Someone please friggin tell me how great hawk is again :x

Fred's Slacks

Nothing new. At least in coverage.

b bulldog
Cooley is very talented. Not one of our lb's can cover him

Chubbyhubby
10-14-2007, 12:42 PM
They stopped them and now another Punt. Lets get this offense running. Score another TD!!

]{ilr]3
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackson to Williamson 60 yard TD......had three steps on the Bears safety.

That was a nice pass.

I picked the vikings to beat the bears this week. I dont think the bears can hold up against the taylor, AP combo. If they can treaten them more with passes like that, and then really open up the running game they are going to win this game.

gbgary
nice score by minn

b bulldog
Very exciting game

ND72
10-14-2007, 12:43 PM

except 9 out of the other 10 plays it's POOP that is getting worked in coverage.

Chubbyhubby
Start of the 2nd Quarter score tied 7-7

Brando19
Boy does Miami suck bad this year? Also...the Bengals aren't that great either!

GBRulz
man, look how young Favre looked !!!

Joemailman
With the exception of 1 play, Redskin defense is playing better than Packer defense. Need to pick it up.

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Actually two of those were Hawk, the other 12 were poppy, nice arm whiff by Hawk also. Not the big ten anymore AJ!!!!

VegasPackFan
10-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Packerrats to MM/Sanders.....

COVER THE TE!

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 12:45 PM
tHE d BETTER START GETTING SOME PUSH CAUSE WE WILL STRUGGLE ALL DAY LONG IN COVERAGE

GBRulz
I'm waiting for the Sanders should be fired threads to start soon

Fred's Slacks

except 9 out of the other 10 plays it's POOP that is getting worked in coverage.

True. Hawk is better than Poppinga, but Hawk needs to step up. He should be our difference maker on defense. I think he'll get there at some point but I want it now. When he does get there, this entire defense will be better.

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 12:46 PM
well, at least we ran it on 3rd and 1 !!

Rastak
10-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Winfield slipped (and looked to be beat anyway) and the Bears score.....14-7.....

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Someone please friggin tell me how great hawk is again :x

Back to pickin fights again, ha :wink:

Somebody tell me Favre should step aside and retire so Aaron Rodgers can have a chance again :lol:

Brando19
PROTECT OUR QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEARMAN
Luuuuucky !

Bretsky
10-14-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm waiting for the Sanders should be fired threads to start soon

Sanders was over his head last year but the final four games saved him; I'm reserving judgment but it's safe to say I've really never walked into his corner yet

BEARMAN
10-14-2007, 12:49 PM
nice score by minn

Brian came right back... SCORE !

BallHawk

On a bright note, Christmas comes before the playoffs.

b bulldog
nOBODY CAN CALL ME A FAVRE APOLOGIST BUT HE IS needed to do way too much and I can see some pics being thrown today. Wash is very athletic and fast and they actually can get pressure with their front 4

mmmdk
I will blame everything on the rain :lol:

Rastak
10-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Is the play under review or something?

b bulldog
B, tell how great he is again?? I'm waiting for our 5th overall puick to do something pretty friggin soon

BEARMAN
Ever notice farve says 3, 3 - 19, .. alot ?

mmmdk
A time out...for that? 1 yard !

GBRulz
10-14-2007, 12:51 PM
nOBODY CAN CALL ME A FAVRE APOLOGIST

I don't think you'll have to worry about that anytime soon

ND72
10-14-2007, 12:51 PM
tony moll just getting worked.