PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker vs. James Jones

Patler
10-13-2007, 03:48 PM
For Esoxx, Bretsky and others who appreciated my Green vs. Wynn thread!

Javon Walker - 19 receptions, 230 yards, 12.1/reception, 0 TDs.
James Jones - 23 receptions, 293 yards, 12.7/reception, 1 TD

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bretsky
10-13-2007, 03:50 PM
For Esoxx, Bretsky and others who appreciated my Green vs. Wynn thread!

Javon Walker - 19 receptions, 230 yards, 12.1/reception, 0 TDs.
James Jones - 23 receptions, 293 yards, 12.7/reception, 1 TD

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You frickin trouble maker :!:

Patler
10-13-2007, 03:55 PM
What I found surprising was Jones have a higher yds/reception average. Regardless of Walker being injured, I would have guessed his average to be higher, and I expect it will be by the end of the year.

RashanGary
10-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Walker is 30 years old. He's at that age were health becomes a concern.

That play that he got injured on was the most impressive play of his career IMO. I remember him just exploding away from the CB to catch up to the ball. It was amazing. He hasn't looked that way since (in the few plays I've watched) and he's at an age where he will likely start to decline.

esoxx
10-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Patler's stirring the pot again :shtf: :lol:

You're going to be on double secret probation pretty soon. :satan:

esoxx
10-13-2007, 04:10 PM

That play that he got injured on was the most impressive play of his career IMO. I remember him just exploding away from the CB to catch up to the ball. It was amazing. He hasn't looked that way since (in the few plays I've watched) and he's at an age where he will likely start to decline.

Throw in a knee reconstruction and his play will likely decline faster too. He's still has a some good ball to play but he's on the clock. Once he loses a step he becomes Rod Gardner.

LL2
10-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Are those Walker's stats for this year or his rookie year? Walker could've been something special here in GB if he wouldn't have gotten a fat head, or maybe it was TT's fault.

Patler
10-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Are those Walker's stats for this year or his rookie year? Walker could've been something special here in GB if he wouldn't have gotten a fat head, or maybe it was TT's fault.

This year.

Patler
10-13-2007, 04:47 PM

Should I start threads for:

Flanagan vs. Wells
Rivera vs Coston/Spitz
Longwell vs Crosby
Nall vs. the extra defensive tackle in his spot?

or Henderson vs. whats his name (he's made a real impression!)

I'll leave Wahle vs Colledge and Sharper vs Collins to someone else!!

BF4MVP
10-13-2007, 04:50 PM

Flanagan vs. Wells
Rivera vs Coston/Spitz
Longwell vs Crosby

Absolutely. Start a thread for every one of those debates..Or maybe just put em all in this thread :D

I remember a whole bunch of people gettin on TT for not keepin those guys, and now we're better for it...

BF4MVP
10-13-2007, 04:51 PM
PS Javon = Overrated and overpaid.

Brando19
10-13-2007, 04:55 PM

Flanagan vs. Wells
Rivera vs Coston/Spitz
Longwell vs Crosby

Throw in Manuel vs Bigby and Mike McCarthy vs Mike Sherman while you're at it. The real barn burner......Brett Favre vs Don Majkowski.

BallHawk
10-13-2007, 04:59 PM

Javon is 30 already? Jeez, I thought he was around 28.

CaliforniaCheez
10-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Nice comparison with "Wonderlic" Walker.

If GM Sherman did not trade away a second round pick for Walker he would not have received the pick used on Kampmann as part of the deal.

Kampmann was the big part of the deal and certainly has been more productive than the other player.

Joemailman
10-13-2007, 07:07 PM

Flanagan vs. Wells
Rivera vs Coston/Spitz
Longwell vs Crosby

How about McCarthy vs. Sean Payton? :mrgreen:

Patler
10-13-2007, 07:32 PM

According to NFL.com he turns 29 tomorrow, October 14.
He was a bit older coming out of college because he played a couple years of minor league baseball before going to college. But really no different than others who start late or redshirt a couple seasons.

Daryn Colledge, for example turned 25 already last February.

RashanGary
10-13-2007, 07:35 PM

I thought he turned 30 this year, apparently it's 29. Still, the guy is at the end of his prime. One year does make a difference in the NFL though.

Patler
10-13-2007, 08:23 PM

I thought he turned 30 this year, apparently it's 29. Still, the guy is at the end of his prime. One year does make a difference in the NFL though.

Here's another one hard to believe. Walker turns 29 tomorrow. Randy Moss is 30. It seems like Moss has bee around forever.

GBRulz
10-13-2007, 08:30 PM

he's at an age where he will likely start to decline.

He's barely 29 years old! Try telling some of the top WR's in the league who are 29+.... Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Driver, Moss, Wayne, Harrison, Burress, TO, TJ Whoseyourmomma, etc that they are on the decline!!

Health can be a concern at any age. See our younger guys health vs the older ones.

RashanGary
10-13-2007, 08:38 PM

He's barely 29 years old! Try telling some of the top WR's in the league who are 29+.... Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Driver, Moss, Wayne, Harrison, Burress, TO, TJ Whoseyourmomma, etc that they are on the decline!!

Health can be a concern at any age. See our younger guys health vs the older ones.

Guys tend to go down after 30 in the NFL. There are exceptions, but the rule is that it's a young mans game.

GBRulz
10-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I wish Brett would hear that comment and kick your ass :wink:

MJZiggy
10-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Brett IS the exception.

Bretsky
10-13-2007, 08:54 PM

Guys tend to go down after 30 in the NFL. There are exceptions, but the rule is that it's a young mans game.

I wonder if WR tends to be more of an exception to that rule. I know with RB's I've heard this over and over. But there are a lot of WR's who have had success well well into the 30's...aka...Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison..etc

Joemailman
10-13-2007, 08:55 PM

I think that is more true of RB's than it is of WR's. WR's just don't take the physical pounding that RB's do.

the_idle_threat
10-13-2007, 08:57 PM

Although people generally pass their athletic prime after age 29 or so, the degree to which players are effective at what age varies by position, from what I've observed.

The "young man's game" adage is most applicable to positions like corner and running back, where a loss of speed and explosiveness is pretty much deadly to top performance.

Receivers are generally effective beyond age 30---and often to age 35 or so---as long as they still have the skills to get open. Loss of speed and explosiveness can be counteracted by good route running and savvy exploitation of holes in the defense.

RashanGary
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I see the point with WR's. I wasn't really saying he was done or anything, but I do think that losing him isn't like losing most 4th year studs because of his age.

RashanGary
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I wish Brett would hear that comment and kick your ass :wink:

Haha, I thought about Brett when I said it, acctually. He's been better than I ever expected and I'm not even a Favre hater.

GrnBay007
10-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I hope JJ has a really good day VS Washington. I always worry about rookies and confidence after a week like last week and getting benched.

MJZiggy
10-13-2007, 10:20 PM
He should be fine. He got back into the game eventually (though it could have been sooner...) and in the post game interview said that it was done and not on his mind.

Partial
10-13-2007, 10:29 PM
He should be fine. He got back into the game eventually (though it could have been sooner...) and in the post game interview said that it was done and not on his mind.

Yeah... But who is actually going to say it is still on their mind? Hopefully he comes back in and gets it done. If we can go 3 wide with our TEs, we'll be tough to beat.

superfan
10-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Here's another one hard to believe. Walker turns 29 tomorrow. Randy Moss is 30. It seems like Moss has bee around forever.

That is :shock:

Also, the highly scrutinized and widely debated move to let David Martin go. :twisted:

Bubba Franks - 14 receptions, 90 yards, 6.4 ypc, 2 TDs
Donald Lee - 19 receptions, 195 yards, 10.3 ypc, 1 TD

David Martin - 9 receptions, 71 yards, 7.9 ypc, 0 TD

:mrgreen:

Patler
10-14-2007, 05:11 AM
Also, the highly scrutinized and widely debated move to let David Martin go. :twisted:

Bubba Franks - 14 receptions, 90 yards, 6.4 ypc, 2 TDs
Donald Lee - 19 receptions, 195 yards, 10.3 ypc, 1 TD

David Martin - 9 receptions, 71 yards, 7.9 ypc, 0 TD

:mrgreen:

I forgot all about that one!