PDA

View Full Version : sunday conversation - michael w. smith with javon walker

FritzDontBlitz
05-08-2006, 10:42 AM
i couldn't make sense of some of javon's comments at all. at one point he says that he refused to return to green bay because he wasn't getting along with a lot of the players. he made some obscure reference to brett favre making the most money ever in the nfl.

am i the only one starting to think michael w. smith has a hidden agenda after all his recent green bay reports?

MadtownPacker
05-08-2006, 10:47 AM
The more walker the crybaby traitor talks to more I wonder if he was dropped on his head as a baby. He is dead to me and I hope he sucks in denver and has to work a regular job like the rest of us. He got his way so he should STFU!

Partial
05-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Payton Manning and T-Brady both made a lot more.

Chuck Woodson had the highest single season salary ever (no bonus)

No Mo Moss
05-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Mike Smith is a gump. All of the sudden this guy is some football guru. Give me a break. I saw him on aroundhte horn last week, shortly after his newly apponited position. They were debating the draft and when it cam to him he opened with..."First of all, I know more than any of you about football." What?

He's starting to sound like Steven A. Smith

Fritz
05-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Javon Walker? Who's that?

MateoInMex
05-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Thought I would dig up these gems....His public apology on his now defunct website for the last quote didn't do much. I told him that comparing a soldier to a WR is sheer idiocy, an $18,000 a year soldier defending this country, and this sissy uses a war as a poor comparison to bitch about screwing the Packers out of 6.5 million.

He knew he blew it with endorsements and the fans that no PR person could fix IMO. The ol' saying goes..."YOU CAN'T POLISH A TURD!" Noone in the GB organization would waste time bringing out the Turtle Wax and applying a first coat over this guy.

Now he can relax and continue to be a deep thinker in Mountain Standard Time.

3. "I think each and every year constitutes a player being at an elite level," Walker said. "I think I could have been that way my second year just with the numbers I was putting up toward the end."

2.“We all know when a team negotiates with you, it’s what have you done for me lately? What I’ve done lately is put up numbers and go to a Pro Bowl.”
Walker said it only took one year for a player to prove himself.

The most assanine. “Anybody can (say), ‘OK, he had a great year, let’s see if he can do it again,’à¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚ he said. “ThatÃ¢à ‚¬â„¢s like trying to tell a person to go to war in Iraq, but let me see if you can go to war again and come back and then we’ll give you a medal of honor. You can’t send a soldier out to a battle field twice for him to be consistent.”

================================================== ===

Huh? And this is why Wondelic Walker couldn't nail a double digit score on the test.

So there's no reason for me to watch Michael Smith's interview. I am willing to bet Javon's new contract that this interview compared to his JS interviews...are pretty similar. It's safe to say this guy didn't magically turn into Socrates in less than a year.

hurleyfan
05-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Now I hear the Denver signed him to a $40 million extension! WTF

Sparkey
05-08-2006, 03:26 PM
He seriously compared his situation too that of someone going to IRAQ ? What a complete, flacken moron he is...........

Prime example of what is terribly wrong in this country; Stupid fucks with the IQ of a tater tot making millions while people getting paid less than 20 thousand a year are losing their lives in IRAQ!!

I have never wished bad on anyone, but this guy deserves to have a career ending injury, then piss away what money he has, develop a drug habit and end up homeless and dead by the age of 45!!!!!!!!!!

MateoInMex
05-09-2006, 03:44 PM
He did Sparkey, that was from a 2004 or 2005 article from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

IMO, those comments were the nail in the coffin before the injury. I emailed the regional Subway Sandwich office where he was a spokesperson, a few days later he was relieved of his duties as "SANDWICH ARTIST". Next, Midwest Airlines canned him and after that, the J-Walk clothing line went straight to the clearance rack at Shopko.

You can still faintly see #84's sweat shop factory gear, but it's worn mostly by non-English speaking Mexicans living around the Fox Valley area.

Guiness
05-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Cummutalively, I wonder who has made the most in the NFL?

Brady and Manning's current contract pay them more than Farve, but when you factor in longevity, I doubt anyone's been paid top dollar for longer than Farve.

Adding up the amounts of all NFL paychecks together, I'd guess Farve has made more than anyone else.

Only one other guy I can think of who played at a high level for a long time was Junior Seau, but I don't know if he made much in his last few years in the league.

Sparkey
05-09-2006, 04:26 PM
He did Sparkey, that was from a 2004 or 2005 article from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

IMO, those comments were the nail in the coffin before the injury. I emailed the regional Subway Sandwich office where he was a spokesperson, a few days later he was relieved of his duties as "SANDWICH ARTIST". Next, Midwest Airlines canned him and after that, the J-Walk clothing line went straight to the clearance rack at Shopko.

You can still faintly see #84's sweat shop factory gear, but it's worn mostly by non-English speaking Mexicans living around the Fox Valley area.

Do you think he understands the whole "consequences of ones actions" thing all the better now ? Probably not........

Tony Oday
05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
HMMMM Brett is metioned in the same breath as the BEST QBs EVER!!!!

Walker is mentioned in the same breath as current solid to good players.

Man Favre has been good for a long time and has EARNED his top pay. He has had more than one good year there JWalk. If you can have 5 years in a row at Hall of Famer type play come back and talk shit.

Patler
05-09-2006, 05:04 PM

Brady and Manning's current contract pay them more than Farve, but when you factor in longevity, I doubt anyone's been paid top dollar for longer than Farve.

Adding up the amounts of all NFL paychecks together, I'd guess Farve has made more than anyone else.

Only one other guy I can think of who played at a high level for a long time was Junior Seau, but I don't know if he made much in his last few years in the league.

Favre has not made nearly as much as you might think (not that he is poor). For example, at the end of this year Favre will have completed 6 years of his last contract that was 10 years for $100 million. However, in those 6 years, with bonuses, salaries and all he will have received exactly half of the contract value, $50 million. The last four years of the contract have salaries of $11, $12, $13 and $14 million to cover the last $50 million of the contract. As near as I can tell, in his pre-2000 contracts, he collected something less than $20 million, so at the end of this season I would estimate his entire NFL compensation to be less than $70 million.

With salaries and bonuses, in just 2005 and 2006 Tom Brady will have taken home $30 million in two seasons, and Manning and Vick reportedly will have collected about $40 million in just the last 3 years. I have no idea what Manning has made so far in his career.

The way salaries are skyrocketing, in not too many years favre's income will look paltry. Heck, thanks to the Vikings, guards are making nearly as much as Favre!

Guiness
05-09-2006, 11:26 PM

Favre has not made nearly as much as you might think (not that he is poor). For example, at the end of this year Favre will have completed 6 years of his last contract that was 10 years for $100 million. However, in those 6 years, with bonuses, salaries and all he will have received exactly half of the contract value, $50 million. The last four years of the contract have salaries of $11, $12, $13 and $14 million to cover the last $50 million of the contract. As near as I can tell, in his pre-2000 contracts, he collected something less than $20 million, so at the end of this season I would estimate his entire NFL compensation to be less than $70 million.

With salaries and bonuses, in just 2005 and 2006 Tom Brady will have taken home $30 million in two seasons, and Manning and Vick reportedly will have collected about $40 million in just the last 3 years. I have no idea what Manning has made so far in his career.

The way salaries are skyrocketing, in not too many years favre's income will look paltry. Heck, thanks to the Vikings, guards are making nearly as much as Favre!

You're right stat rat, the any money made before 2000 barely counts - it's dwarfed by today's numbers. And the current top money guys are raking it in.

However, Brady will have the 30 you mentioned, and maybe another 10 before that. Certainly not much more. Same with Vick and Manning. They likely each pulled in $50-60. Still $10 mil short of what Brett has earned.

So I think it is likely that as of right now Farve has earned more than any other player in the history of the NFL. Don't get me wrong - that's not a bad thing, he certainly deserves it!

Of course, you're quite right about salaries climbing. If, say, Colledge become a nasty Pro-Bowl guard, and lasts 15 years in the league, he'll probably make more than Brett did.

BTW I saw the woofer made a brief re-appearnce - sorry to see him go again so soon.

Patler
05-10-2006, 12:33 AM
You're right stat rat, the any money made before 2000 barely counts - it's dwarfed by today's numbers. And the current top money guys are raking it in.

However, Brady will have the 30 you mentioned, and maybe another 10 before that. Certainly not much more. Same with Vick and Manning. They likely each pulled in $50-60. Still $10 mil short of what Brett has earned.

So I think it is likely that as of right now Farve has earned more than any other player in the history of the NFL. Don't get me wrong - that's not a bad thing, he certainly deserves it!

Of course, you're quite right about salaries climbing. If, say, Colledge become a nasty Pro-Bowl guard, and lasts 15 years in the league, he'll probably make more than Brett did.

I wouldn't doubt that as of today Favre has earned more than any player. But it is kind of mindboggling to think that in a three year period Manning, Vick and Brady will earn about half as much as Favre has earned in 16 years.

Peyton Manning could actually be getting somewhat close to Favre already. I found details on his contract that indicate in 2004, 2005 and 2006 Manning will have pocketed around $46 million in bonuses and salaries. I have no idea what he made in his first 6 years, but I suspect it was at least in the $10-20 million range. If that's the case, at the end of 2006 he could easily have made over $60 million already.

GrnBay007
05-10-2006, 12:37 AM
Is P. Manning married???? :twisted:

MJZiggy
05-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Yes he is, you naughty girl!!! :shock:

Bretsky
05-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Yes he is, you naughty girl!!! :shock:

So I'm not the only one who'd heard she is Naughty :evil:

MJZiggy
05-10-2006, 08:36 AM
How is it so obvious you would be the one to jump all over that. Bad boy. Go lay down. Stay.

(Sorry, just walked the dog--and she was a beast on the leash this morning.)