PDA

View Full Version : Could All Day have been a packer?

falco
10-14-2007, 06:22 PM
You know what I've been thinking all season?

What would it have taken to get Adrian Peterson?

Brandon Jackson doesn't look like he'll be starting for us any time soon. So I don't mind giving up our 2nd.

Harrell could still be a gamechanger, but at this point I wouldn't mind giving up the pick and resigning Williams or possibly keeping Larry Byrdine and seeing how he develops.

So thats our first and our second. I don't think that would have moved us ahead of the Vikes. I'd hate to give up JJ. I don't know what kind of player Rouse will become, but at this point I think it would have been worth it (based on our picks) to give up our first, second and third (meaning the Rouse pick).

I know our o-line sucks, but I think AP could overcome that much better than our backs now.

I wonder if those 3 picks could have moved us up to 6?

falco
10-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I almost forgot that our two 3rds came from trading down. So that probably would have complicated things and wrecked our chances. Never mind.

Probably would have needed to give up a player, or give up the chance to take Jones with that extra 3rd.

Lurker64
10-14-2007, 06:32 PM
If we go by the points, our first, second, and third are worth about as much as the #6 overall pick (1620 points vs. 1600.) However teams rarely, if ever, trade picks that high in a deal that's anything close to even. Teams that are picking that high are almost always coming off of down years and are looking for "that special player" to turn their fortunes around. There aren't a lot of almost certainly really special players out there at 16 (or really, anywhere past 10), so to trade away a top 10 pick the deal has to look really lopsided.

Realistically, #6 probably would have cost at least us our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and our 1st next year.

Maxie the Taxi
10-14-2007, 06:38 PM
He was the cream of the running back crop, that's for sure. Before the draft I watched film of Marshawn Lynch and was impressed. But then I watched some film of Peterson and it was like night and day. So I was thinking, why settle for Lynch when you could make a move up and get Peterson. Then, as it turned out, we didn't even get Lynch. That's the one part of last year's draft I wasn't happy with. Then I kind of gave TT a pass figuring that it would be a hell of a thing to mortgage a good share of your draft to get Peterson and then have him get hurt. He's had that rap.

PackerPro42
10-14-2007, 06:51 PM
I know that Washington was dying to get out of the sixth spot, mainly because of the fact that there was no real value to them at that spot, and they had minimal picks in the draft.

LL2
10-14-2007, 06:51 PM
You post an interesting thought. Harrell and Brandon are not really contributing and they are the top 2 picks. In my mind you do not draft in the first rd with the intention of stocking the postion for later years. A 1st rd pick should contribute and start. JJ and Crosby are the only solid contributors this year. We definitely needed a RB and a better TE. Olsen probably would've been a better pick seeing how he's playing for the Bears.

oregonpackfan
10-14-2007, 07:11 PM
When I saw Peterson play in college, I knew he was going to be successful at the pro level. Today, he had over 200 yards in 20 carries and 3 TD's.

When the Vikings drafted him, I was sick because I knew the Pack would have to try to contain him twice a year! :(

MJZiggy
10-14-2007, 07:52 PM
When I saw Peterson play in college, I knew he was going to be successful at the pro level. Today, he had over 200 yards in 20 carries and 3 TD's.

When the Vikings drafted him, I was sick because I knew the Pack would have to try to contain him twice a year! :(

One down, one to go.

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 07:55 PM
He looks awesome but there is a bit of an injury history with him. Lets let him do this for more than a few games before he gets annointed the next great back.

Patler
10-14-2007, 10:58 PM
I don't think anyone doubted his ability to perform in the NFL. The only concern was an injury history that saw him miss games every year in college.