PDA

View Full Version : Holy %&@#! Who is this guy?!

BF4MVP
05-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Undrafted rookie Leo Bookman (6'2" 213 lbs) hasn't played football since '02 at Kansas, but he's intriguing to say the least!!!!

In March, Bookman broke the unofficial 40-yard dash record inside the Hutson Center. His first 40 was timed in 4.22, 4.24 and 4.25, and his second was timed in 4.19, 4.21 and 4.22. A few days later, Bookman said he ran 4.26 on grass for Kansas City.
That's just insane!

Sorry if this has been posted.

Little Whiskey
05-08-2006, 11:02 AM
fergy

No Mo Moss
05-08-2006, 11:12 AM
What position is this guy.

I'm hoping WR? How the hell did this guy end up not drafted? Does he have one arm?

BF4MVP
05-08-2006, 11:17 AM
What position is this guy.

I'm hoping WR? How the hell did this guy end up not drafted? Does he have one arm?
Yeah he's a WR

BF4MVP
05-08-2006, 11:17 AM
fergy
What's that supposed to mean

billy_oliver880
05-08-2006, 11:23 AM
fergy

Good question...fergy never ran that fast!

Little Whiskey
05-08-2006, 11:32 AM
fergy

just figured you are like the SI curse. once you start to pimp a player, he is doomed!! :mrgreen:

MadtownPacker
05-08-2006, 11:44 AM
I was about to say the same thing Whiskey. BF4MVP might as well have just hit him in the knee with a lead pipe. :razz:

BF4MVP
05-08-2006, 11:54 AM
fergy

just figured you are like the SI curse. once you start to pimp a player, he is doomed!! :mrgreen:
LOL this is true. I don't know anything about this guy though, I just noticed how unbelievable his 40-times were.

BF4MVP
05-08-2006, 11:55 AM
fergy

Good question...fergy never ran that fast!
True, Fergy is about 0.2 seconds slower than that.

Little Whiskey
05-08-2006, 11:57 AM
LOL this is true.

do you think you have time in your busy schedule to talk up Jeff Gordon and jimmie johnson???

Fritz
05-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Leo Bookman? I think he's a rabbi. A fast rabbi.

mraynrand
05-08-2006, 01:51 PM
"In March, Bookman broke the unofficial 40-yard dash record inside the Hutson Center."

----

Holy Schnikes! I wonder what the OFFICIAL record is....

Partial
05-08-2006, 01:58 PM
this guy won't make an nfl team. There is more to a receiver then speed.

pacfan
05-08-2006, 02:22 PM
this guy won't make an nfl team. There is more to a receiver then speed.

fergy's still here, and he can't catch either.

Guiness
05-08-2006, 02:54 PM
"In March, Bookman broke the unofficial 40-yard dash record inside the Hutson Center."

----

Holy Schnikes! I wonder what the OFFICIAL record is....

About half a second slower than that. The only way a guy runs that speed is if his agent is standing there going 'one-mississippi, two-mississipi...' Wow, just over four mississippi's - 4.19!

Official = legal start, light sensor finish, etc.

ND72
05-08-2006, 07:39 PM
actually I beg to differ about Fergy. it was just in a mini camp report that Fergy showed up in tremendous shape, and ran a 4.29 40...actually he ran a 4.29, 4.30, and a 4.29.

Scott Campbell
05-08-2006, 07:42 PM
actually I beg to differ about Fergy. it was just in a mini camp report that Fergy showed up in tremendous shape, and ran a 4.29 40...actually he ran a 4.29, 4.30, and a 4.29.

That fool needs that kind of speed, because he sure can't catch in traffic.

ND72
05-08-2006, 07:43 PM
he's gonna be a player this year...and i don't care who wants to bash me for saying it. i stand by my word.

gbpackfan
05-08-2006, 07:54 PM
ND72,

I am going to jump on board with you. Fergie will shine in '06! I'm in his corner!

Harlan Huckleby
05-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Fergie has had many, many chances to show his stuff. He's not very talented, he's good for a handful of nice catches per season.

Several marginal guys who passed through G.B. were better - Chatman, Vines.

Fergie is just a bottom-of-the-roster special teams guy.

ND72
05-08-2006, 08:08 PM
this is the first season in a long time Fergy is coming in 100% healthy....in the article i read, Fergy last year at mini camp ran a 4.8 cause he was battling injuries...even once ran a 5.2 (i ran a faster one than that)....now he's healthy, running fast, and can come in with the picture of who he can be, instead of who he could be as the #3 or 4 reciever

MadtownPacker
05-08-2006, 08:23 PM
I give Fergie this preseason to show he aint worried about getting hit. If he is still acting scary then goodbye.

SkinBasket
05-08-2006, 08:36 PM

If fergy ran the 40 in under 4.3, then I must be 4.2 material.

Come on, guys fudge the 40 time more and more each year. No way in hell does 89 run a 4.3.

RashanGary
05-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Fergi said he ran a 4.39 and that is impressive for a guy who is 210.

Joemailman
05-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Fergy's problem last year wasn't speed. His problem was a hesitation about wanting to go for the ball. Fergy can run a 3.8 40, but it won't matter unless he can get his head straightened out.

billy_oliver880
05-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Fergy's problem last year wasn't speed. His problem was a hesitation about wanting to go for the ball. Fergy can run a 3.8 40, but it won't matter unless he can get his head straightened out.

If I remember correctly he did alligator arm alot of balls last year.

GoPackGo
05-08-2006, 09:35 PM
The only things I like about Fergie is his size and that he keeps his mouth shut. I don't have memories of him actually making plays. He better produce this year.....

Bretsky
05-08-2006, 09:36 PM
he's gonna be a player this year...and i don't care who wants to bash me for saying it. i stand by my word.

I hear this over and over and over; last year was suppose to be Fergy's year. He would seize the opportunity. Every year we hear how he's finally healthy, and then gets banged up. And then he's healthy the next year. Broken record. I have no faith until I see if for a season.

b bulldog
05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
fergy is nothing now or and will be nothing this seaASON.

MadtownPacker
05-08-2006, 09:42 PM
If I remember correctly he did alligator arm alot of balls last year.
He would have had been trying to get the ball. Instead he was trying to get out of the way many times last year IMO.

DDarius took his guts out with that clothesline. He needs to get over it or his career is over. DD did it.

mraynrand
05-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Huck: Chatman BETTER than Fergie? That's nuts. At least Fergie attempted to get YACs. Chatman tried to outdo Schroeder in BACs (bailouts per catch - I bet Chatman has a better working knowledge of all the soft spots on the Lambeau turf than Larry bird had of dead spots in the Boston Garden Parquet floor!).

I think they match up pretty well, but Fergie has better averages, longer plays and longer returns (at least in KOs) and also has 37 tackles (18 in 2003) to add to his resume. Chatman has a very pedestrian punt return career with one late season punt return TD. Maybe you could argue they are similar, but it's a real stretch to say Chatman is better than Ferguson.

The numbers

Fergie:
G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD
56 25 111 1546 13.9 51 11 23 6 76 (Total)
15 12 38 520 13.7 47 4 7 2 25 (best year 2003)

Chatman:
G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD
48 5 71 795 11.2 25 5 5 0 46 (Total)
16 3 49 549 11.2 25 4 4 0 31 (best year 2005)

Career kick returns
G No Yards Avg Lg TD 40+
56 38 863 22.7 71 0 2 (fergie)
48 66 1460 22.1 59 0 3 (chatman)

Harlan Huckleby
05-08-2006, 11:11 PM
I thought Chatman was a nice route runner with good hands.

I really dislike Fergusson as a receiver. He will occasionally dive for a ball on a post pattern and make an impressive grab. But he just doesn't seem to be able to get open, for whatever reason. I think he's no damn good.

I just go by my memory of a few plays that stick in my beaner, which ain't so scientific.

Chatman got picked up by somebody in free agency.

retailguy
05-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Chatman got picked up by somebody in free agency.

Cincinnati Bengals.

Tarlam!
05-09-2006, 01:23 AM
What Mad said. Donavon's cheap shot put the nails in Fergies career coffin. Maybe with DD as his menatl coach, he can come back, but, I think not.

I hope I am wrong, because he has the physical tools to make Walker's AWAL-pains go away free of further symtoms.

But, I am down on the list as an "Official Fergie Doubter".

I hope he reads this thread and shows me what a dork I am this season.... :arrow:

Little Whiskey
05-09-2006, 08:25 AM
sorry bf4 i didn't mean to turn your thread into a fergy thread.

........oh wait on second thought i did :mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
05-09-2006, 09:17 AM
What the hell, it is the off season. I think Ferguson is going to be the second starting receiver and have over 1000 yards receiving.

Noodle
05-09-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm on board with giving Fergy one last chance at love. I remember only one play from last year where I really thought Fergy had a shot at the ball. The other instances of alligator arms were way overexagerated by the folks who refuse to believe that Favre was ever at fault for a single pick. But the fact remains that he didn't come up with the spectacular type of grabs that Walker could pull off.

So sure, like everyone else, I am losing patience with the guy. Nevertheless, I'm sending him waves and waves of powerful, positive thoughts. If he's as fast as ND reports, then we really may have found a guy to go vertical in Walker's absence.

billy_oliver880
05-09-2006, 09:42 AM
What the hell, it is the off season. I think Ferguson is going to be the second starting receiver and have over 1000 yards receiving.

Oh crap...we are doomed. :shock:

BF4MVP
05-09-2006, 09:58 AM

LOL :D :lol:

This Fergy thread is actually a decent one..At least some posters seem open to giving him another chance..

swede
05-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Noodle!

Howdy doodle and welcome to Packer Rats.

Sorry about your guy falling out of the palm tree, man.

Tarlam!
05-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Swede, that avartar is KING man! :D

Noodle
05-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Swede, Thanks, brother, for remembering my avatar from the WJS forum. I'm so friggin' computer incompetent that I can't figure out how to downsize the thing so that it fits the 90 pixel limit.

As for Keef, yeah, it's a bummer, but I've kind of come to terms with it. In a way, it's just what you should expect from him. Especially if he was climbing that tree 'cause someone told him that you could get a wicked buzz from tokin' coconut husks. Just hope he had a gut full of Rebel Yell at the time of the fall -- that would help to cushion the blow.

Little Whiskey
05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm so friggin' computer incompetent that I can't figure out how to downsize the thing so that it fits the 90 pixel limit.

email the pic to mad, he will size it for you. his email address is in his profile.

Harlan Huckleby
05-09-2006, 04:15 PM
http://www.sequelsolutions.biz/avatars/noodle.jpg

noodle, I made this one for ya a while back

Noodle
05-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Blue Dog -- outstanding! Thanks for being there for me. I feel right with myself again.

Bretsky
05-09-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm on board with giving Fergy one last chance at love. I remember only one play from last year where I really thought Fergy had a shot at the ball. The other instances of alligator arms were way overexagerated by the folks who refuse to believe that Favre was ever at fault for a single pick. But the fact remains that he didn't come up with the spectacular type of grabs that Walker could pull off.

So sure, like everyone else, I am losing patience with the guy. Nevertheless, I'm sending him waves and waves of powerful, positive thoughts. If he's as fast as ND reports, then we really may have found a guy to go vertical in Walker's absence.

I'M OUT OF LOVE AND STILL HAVING NIGHTMARES ABOUT THE PACKERS EASIEST.........AND WORST DRAFT DAY DECISION THAT YEAR........FERGUSON OVER CHAMBERS

Bretsky
05-09-2006, 09:27 PM

LOL :D :lol:

This Fergy thread is actually a decent one..At least some posters seem open to giving him another chance..

LIKE A CAT; NINE LIVES. HE'S ONLY THROUGH ABOUT FIVE NOW, AND HE'S REBORN AGAIN.

BF4MVP
05-09-2006, 10:39 PM

I'M OUT OF LOVE AND STILL HAVING NIGHTMARES ABOUT THE PACKERS EASIEST.........AND WORST DRAFT DAY DECISION THAT YEAR........FERGUSON OVER CHAMBERS
Only a DIE-HARD badger fan like yourself would think that was a worse decision than the hardly-ever-active Jamal Reynolds over the Pro Bowl LB Dan Morgan......

Bretsky
05-10-2006, 04:35 AM

Only a DIE-HARD badger fan like yourself would think that was a worse decision than the hardly-ever-active Jamal Reynolds over the Pro Bowl LB Dan Morgan......

My logistics for thinking this are simple; in that draft there were 7 WR's projected to be head of the class by nearly every scout surveyed. Chambers was thought to be in the 4-7 range, but no lower.

Cleveland made the mistake of reaching for Quincy Morgan, who was in the 8-10 range............as was Ferguson.

I think Green Bay was about the only team in the NFL who would have drafted Ferguson over Chambers; the choice was so pathetically obvious it was amazing we f@cked it up. We can't even argue Ferguson was a need pick because they play the same position...........so this was an even greater mistake than Reynolds.......who a lot of scouts thought would be a very good speed rushing DE.

But that pick was for need, and many scouts thought Reynolds would excel in the NFL............not just Green Bay. Yes, Wolf supposedly had Morgan rated as the slightly better football player, but him and Shermy agreed to go for Reynolds and need. While it was clearly a mistake, I'd still argue it was nowhere near the mistake Green Bay made when screwing up what should have been the easiest no brainer of that draft.

swede
05-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Wisconsin picks have worked out pretty well for most teams. Usually they are late rounders that hang on to make the team. Higher picks haven't been disasters. Al Toon and Vincent had good careers. I thought Brent Moss was doing well as a 3rd down back in San Diego but I haven't heard much about him lately. I suppose that was long enough ago he may have retired.

Anyway, Ferguson/Chambers and TBuck/Vincent are the two best examples of GB not trusting Badgers and refusing to see the plainly better choice.

Rant away, Bretsky. Everyone has to have their pet rant.

I have to keep dropping mine because they become so obviously wrong.

e.g. The Sexon trade: Hated it. Wasn't going to watch that stupid oft-injured Jenning after they gave up the one guy that had played every inning of every game. Ended up being the best thing that ever happened to Milwaukee Brewers.

Aaron Rodgers looks like he might become my next backpeddle.

Noodle
05-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Bretsky, I don't know what you enjoy more: ranting about the Fergy/Chambers mistake, or reminding me of which side I took in that debate. Somehow, I think they are connected.

Bretsky
05-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Bretsky, I don't know what you enjoy more: ranting about the Fergy/Chambers mistake, or reminding me of which side I took in that debate. Somehow, I think they are connected.

I enjoy ranting about it much more; I dedicated an entire thread once as to why this was the worst draft choice in Packer history and as a basis for my argument used a lot of scout views on how many teams would have taken Mandarich over Sanders, and many thought Reynolds over Morgan was very understandable given GB's needs. But the anti Badger Chambers neglect was unsupportable and inexcusable.

I argued about many with this and have a somewhat photographic memory about who they are. Have great respect for you in that you came out and admitted it.

Cheers,
B

mraynrand
05-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Bretsky,

You don't get as upset over the Buckley pick? There's another case where a better Badger was available.

Ron Wolf learned his lesson with that blown #5 pick (Not that Buckley wasn't a fair nickle db - just poor value at #5) - never pick an undersized cornerback and never get into a land war in Asia.

K-town
05-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Bretsky,

You don't get as upset over the Buckley pick? There's another case where a better Badger was available.

Ron Wolf learned his lesson with that blown #5 pick (Not that Buckley wasn't a fair nickle db - just poor value at #5) - never pick an undersized cornerback and never get into a land war in Asia.

And never mess with a Sicilian when Death is on the line.

Also, beware of Iocaine powder.

Little Whiskey
05-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Bretsky,

And never mess with a Sicilian when Death is on the line.

Also, beware of Iocaine powder.

you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask of the ole lone ranger and don't mess around with jim.

or like we used to say, don't piss into the wind.

Harlan Huckleby
05-10-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm dissappointed that the Packers passed on Calhoun. I think he would have provided an offensive spark.

I'm not a homer regarding Badger backs. I never thought Michael Bennett, Anthony Davis, etc. would be special pros. Calhoun got skills.

Merlin
05-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Isn't Bookman a former track star turned to football? I thought I read that somewhere, it's been awhile since I read about him.

BF4MVP
05-10-2006, 12:54 PM

My logistics for thinking this are simple; in that draft there were 7 WR's projected to be head of the class by nearly every scout surveyed. Chambers was thought to be in the 4-7 range, but no lower.

Cleveland made the mistake of reaching for Quincy Morgan, who was in the 8-10 range............as was Ferguson.

I think Green Bay was about the only team in the NFL who would have drafted Ferguson over Chambers; the choice was so pathetically obvious it was amazing we f@cked it up. We can't even argue Ferguson was a need pick because they play the same position...........so this was an even greater mistake than Reynolds.......who a lot of scouts thought would be a very good speed rushing DE.

But that pick was for need, and many scouts thought Reynolds would excel in the NFL............not just Green Bay. Yes, Wolf supposedly had Morgan rated as the slightly better football player, but him and Shermy agreed to go for Reynolds and need. While it was clearly a mistake, I'd still argue it was nowhere near the mistake Green Bay made when screwing up what should have been the easiest no brainer of that draft.\
Fair enough..Good points, B

Bretsky
05-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Bretsky,

Actually that case was another example of Wolf undervaluing a Badger. I don't blame him as much because Buckley was Highly regarded as a proven colllege player, and Wolf openly stated if he didn't draft Buckley Bob Whitfield was his next choice so Vincent wasn't even an option.

Guiness
05-12-2006, 01:40 PM

I enjoy ranting about it much more; I dedicated an entire thread once as to why this was the worst draft choice in Packer history and as a basis for my argument used a lot of scout views on how many teams would have taken Mandarich over Sanders, and many thought Reynolds over Morgan was very understandable given GB's needs. But the anti Badger Chambers neglect was unsupportable and inexcusable.

I argued about many with this and have a somewhat photographic memory about who they are. Have great respect for you in that you came out and admitted it.

Cheers,
B

Well put. There's a difference between a bust, and a bad pick.

Mandarich and Reynolds were busts. Many in that spot would've made the same decision. Anyone who says different is playing the 20-20 hindsight game.

Other picks, like Ferguson, Sanders, Lee are bad picks, the result of monkeys left in a room with typerwriters.