PDA

View Full Version : So anyway....what say you?

Jimx29
10-14-2007, 11:27 PM
It's pretty much a given that Tom Brady is a high quality QB, but what if over the past 4 years (including this year), Brady was QB of the Pack teams of those years, and Brett was QB at New England with the players from those years.

Who then would you say is better than the other? Without a doubt i'd have to go with Brett. For him to have done what he has done, with what he had to play with is still pretty spectacular IMHO. I just don't see Brady being half of what he's been had he been here instead.

What say you??

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 11:30 PM
lets not go down this road and what answer would you expect in a Packers forum and what answer would you expect in a Patriots forum? Pretty predictable, enjoy both while you still can and compare careers when they are both done.

Jimx29
10-14-2007, 11:35 PM
I think there are enough straight forward posters here that would be quite open, honest and fair about their opinions

3irty1
10-15-2007, 12:06 AM
I think Tom Brady is the best possible QB in NE's system. I can't imagine Favre doing any better. In the same way, Favre's shoes are impossible to fill here in Green Bay.

Badgepack
10-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Great point, Brady may do better with New England, but no way does he come close to what Favre does with this young team.

Merlin
10-15-2007, 11:06 AM
With the era of FA, things aren't the same as they once were. Brady and Manning are surrounded by Pro-Bowl (not like that means much anymore) talent. I should said "true" Pro-Bowl talent. That isn't to say that in a few years the Packers won't have that kind of talent but Favre won't be here to see it. Brady will probably win the MVP this season even though that award is all about which player meant the most to his teams success. When you add 3 Pro-Bowl receivers and your QB goes from average to super star, it isn't the QB.

Partial
10-15-2007, 02:26 PM
When have Wes Welker (3rd receiver in Miami, primarily a returner) and Donte Stallworth (2nd receiver in NO, often hurt, played flanker in Philly last year but was hurt 50% of the time) made it to a pro bowl?

Deputy Nutz
10-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Brady's reads are so good right now, his release should be taught to young QBs. He has a great head for the game and he has a very underrated arm.

Cleft Crusty
10-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Probably the most amazing thing about Brady is he always seems to know what the defense is going to do - like he's in the mind of the defensive coordinator, relaying plays onto the field. That must come from great preparation.

MJZiggy
10-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Probably the most amazing thing about Brady is he always seems to know what the defense is going to do - like he's in the mind of the defensive coordinator, relaying plays onto the field. That must come from great preparation.

Film study (or tape as the case may be...)

packinpatland
10-15-2007, 05:24 PM

Film study (or tape as the case may be...)

No kidding. :wink:
I don't believe for a minute 'all the tapes have been destroyed'.
Gosh, I do hate those Patriots.

Lurker64
10-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Things like this are really impossible to measure, since so much of individual performance depends on who you have around you. How good could Barry Sanders have been if he played for a team with a decent OL? How good would Brady be with Favre's supporting cast? We'll never know.

I'm happy to have Favre in there, I've seen enough of him that just having him as the starting QB gives me hope that we can win any game against anybody. I cherish that hope, however small it might be some weeks.