PDA

View Full Version : Another Skin Film

CaliforniaCheez
10-15-2007, 03:52 AM
Seen and heard at Lambeau Field

GREEN BAY, Wis. " Let's get this out of the way: I hate the Green Bay Packers. Always have. Growing up in North Dakota as a Minnesota Vikings fan, I didn't care if the Purple went 2-14 as long as they beat the Packers twice.

[Admitted predjudice]

But Lambeau Field is what the NFL should be about in every city. It's a college-type atmosphere in a college-size town but NFL-type prices ($159 for the Quality Inn, with a two-night minimum).

[Green Bay just isn't worth it]

The weekend-long party started Saturday night and kicked up again yesterday morning. In the breakfast room of the hotel at 7:15 a.m., Packer fans had Miller Lite with their scrambled eggs and hash browns.

[The local alcoholics are continously drinking. Even though this writer is anti-social and hides in his room, unseen, he claims a slander against Packer fans.]

By 9:30 a.m. outside the stadium, bands played and the grills cooked bratwursts and every other kind of delicacy.

[A meal every two hours for these people]

•Protesters with nothing better to do handed out pamphlets headlined "75 Years of Oppression " How the Washington 'Redskins' Institutionalize Racism."

[Yet another reason to dislike locals, pre=emptive dislike]

• Redskins fan Dale Earnhardt Jr. attended his first game of the season, jetting in last night after racing in Charlotte. He traveled with Packers fan, Wisconsin native and fellow driver Matt Kenseth.

• Just like in Philadelphia earlier this season, the best way to get a crowd jacked up is by introducing the defensive starting lineup. The Packers did yesterday and the crowd was at a fever pitch. The Redskins, meanwhile, take the field "as a team" before home games. That's fine if you're the Patriots, not fine if you have no Super Bowl titles since 1992.

[The local brain numb humoids are easily manipulated into enthusiasm. Really the writer is envious]

— Ryan O'Halloran

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20071015/SPORTS01/110150083/1023

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Growing up in North Dakota as a Minnesota Vikings fan

Embarrasing to me. He's obviously from Fargo or perhaps Grand Forks.

Merlin
10-15-2007, 10:51 AM
LOL.....The whole population of ND is in Fargo or Grand Forks. I work with two guys from ND, one is a Steelers fan and one is a true Vikings fan (meaning he doesn't talk out of his ass). They would be embarrassed as to what this guy wrote.

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Close. Probably 15-20% of the population of North Dakota is in Fargo. Grand Forks has actually lost population since the flood. Bismarck is the second most populous city in North Dakota. Minot isn't too far behind Grand Forks. The western part of the state is made up of a mixture of Packers, Vikings, Broncos, and surprisingly high amount of Steelers fans. Fargo has a bunch of turd Viking fans. It's as if they are Minnesotans. I consider them traitors.
:D

Merlin
10-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't know a lot about ND, I just know there is an awful lot of land and no people!

mraynrand
10-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Growing up in North Dakota as a Minnesota Vikings fan

Embarrasing to me. He's obviously from Fargo or perhaps Grand Forks.

Man, If I ever need any questions answered about ND, I know who to ask. Hey Harv, is MINN gonna get spanked by NDSU again next weekend?

mraynrand
10-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Close. Probably 15-20% of the population of North Dakota is in Fargo. Grand Forks has actually lost population since the flood. Bismarck is the second most populous city in North Dakota. Minot isn't too far behind Grand Forks. The western part of the state is made up of a mixture of Packers, Vikings, Broncos, and surprisingly high amount of Steelers fans. Fargo has a bunch of turd Viking fans. It's as if they are Minnesotans. I consider them traitors.

I meant to quote this. You are a ND (football) pop culture expert.

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Man, If I ever need any questions answered about ND, I know who to ask. Hey Harv, is MINN gonna get spanked by NDSU again next weekend?

I think they are slight favorites. The Gophers game was the only game they lost last year, and that was by 1 point on a blocked FG as time expired in a game they really did outplay Minnesota. This year, they are ranked #1 in 1-AA and Minnesota is worse than last year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won. They already handed one 1-A school there worst home less in several years when they beat Central Michigan 44-14. It's really too bad they aren't eligible for the 1-AA tournament until next year. They would have had a shot at winning the title last year. This year, they might have been the favorites to win the title.

mraynrand
10-15-2007, 12:03 PM
It's really too bad they aren't eligible for the 1-AA tournament until next year.

?? What happened? Are they on some sort of suspension?

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2007, 12:07 PM
They moved up from Division II. The NCAA has a rule that a team must wait five years before they are eligible in postseason tournaments after moving up. Next year, NDSU will be eligible for the I-AA playoffs.

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Also, NDSU should really be in the Big Sky conference. I won't get into the politics of it all, but NDSU would have the second largest stadium and would have played in the second biggest city in that conference. They were a great fit there, and NDSU vs. Montana and Montana State would have been a great natural rivalry. Those schools have dominated the Big Sky, and they would have gotten great competition from NDSU. Instead, NDSU will play in the Gateway conference with Northern Iowa, Illinois State, Indiana State, Southern Illinois, Missouri State, Youngstown State, and Western Illinois. Not a bad fallback. I hope that conference dominates the Big Sky in football from now on.

Patler
10-15-2007, 12:33 PM
There was a time when you found a lot of Packer fans in the Dakotas....but then the league expanded to 14 teams, the AFL started, the Vikings were formed, and the allegiances of the Dakotans' changed!

Am I dating myself with this observation??? :oops: :D

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2007, 12:49 PM
There are still a lot of Packer fans in North Dakota. Viking fans far outnumber Packer fans in Fargo. Elsewhere, it's pretty even. The Packers Radio Network is broadcast in Bismarck (and Grand Forks, I believe). Bismarck has to be the farthest Packers Radio station from Green Bay.