PDA

View Full Version : Favre limping?

packinpatland
10-15-2007, 11:06 AM
I've been without Internet for the past 2 1/2 days..........damn AT&T. Just read that Favre was limping noticably when he went to the podium after the game. Any word on that?

Merlin
10-15-2007, 11:08 AM
I think everyone noticed it but nothing was made of it. He was jogging kind of funny to. I think he got his knee slammed into the ground and it's more then likely sore. He isn't a spring chicken anymore!

PackerBlues
10-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Favre was getting hit hard all day long. He got absolutely crushed the one time, and came up limping. I am pretty sure that most any other QB would have come off the field for a play or two after a hit like that.

Deputy Nutz
10-15-2007, 11:16 AM
I think Favre got banged up early in the second quarter on his fumble where he got hit by two Redskins. I thought he may have hurt his right arm on the play. Maybe he hurt his leg. All I know is he wasn't getting any velocity on his throws after he got mashed.

MJZiggy
10-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I knew he'd get dinged this game. It's the bye week after all. He always gets dinged on the game before the bye.

MadtownPacker
10-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Limping aint too bad after the last time he played against them.
http://www.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/rev/oct02/2favre1020.jpg

Carolina_Packer
10-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I think many wondered why he had either some mechanical or read issues with his throws. Those are throws he can still make. Perhaps you are right that he was playing through some pain. If so, too bad he didn't level with MM about it, but in the heat of the moment, I guess he's got a warrior's mentality and isn't going to say, "I can't make that throw".

Our luck with his injuries has been good over the years. Seems like he's gone into other bye weeks where it helped him get on the field after the bye, where he might have been questionable/doubtful if they hadn't had a bye.

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't think injuries or the rain account for his poor throws. Perhaps the one throw where Taylor made his juggling catch. The other one, I think it was more him going back and thinking Jones was wide open--and Taylor showed great range by getting there just in time. Taylor is a hell of a player. We'd feel much better about Favre after this game though if Jones TD hadn't been called back on a very questionable holding call and Bubba's TD hadn't been ruled out on a very questionable call.

Patler
10-15-2007, 11:43 AM
We'd feel much better about Favre after this game though if Jones TD hadn't been called back on a very questionable holding call and Bubba's TD hadn't been ruled out on a very questionable call.

Isn't that the truth! I think the Tauscher call was bad, but to not call a force out on Bubba was horrible. He got drilled in the chest while stretched out vertically in the air, yet still came down with one foot well in bounds and the other not out by much. Getting hit as hard as he did, and getting one foot down well in bounds, the "forced out" call should be almost automatic.

fan4life
10-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Favre said that his bad ankle was "rolled up on." That hurt his ability to plant and throw.

mraynrand
10-15-2007, 11:48 AM
We'd feel much better about Favre after this game though if Jones TD hadn't been called back on a very questionable holding call and Bubba's TD hadn't been ruled out on a very questionable call.

Isn't that the truth! I think the Tauscher call was bad, but to not call a force out on Bubba was horrible. He got drilled in the chest while stretched out vertically in the air, yet still came down with one foot well in bounds and the other not out by much. Getting hit as hard as he did, and getting one foot down well in bounds, the "forced out" call should be almost automatic.

Totally agree.

But, we should feel good about Favre anyway. He made a very good pass to Bubba up and over the defense and he made a great play moving in the pocket to avoid the pressure and allow Jones to come free. Both were examples of top notch QBing.

Favre's gonna get beat up this year from time to time, and I thought that his toughest games would be the week following physical games like yesterday. He struggled with those games last year. Hopefully, the extra week will help.

PackerTimer
10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Limping aint too bad after the last time he played against them.
http://www.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/rev/oct02/2favre1020.jpg

Amazingly, I was at that game and this game. Ok, its really not that amazing.

packinpatland
10-15-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't think injuries or the rain account for his poor throws. Perhaps the one throw where Taylor made his juggling catch. The other one, I think it was more him going back and thinking Jones was wide open--and Taylor showed great range by getting there just in time. Taylor is a hell of a player. We'd feel much better about Favre after this game though if Jones TD hadn't been called back on a very questionable holding call and Bubba's TD hadn't been ruled out on a very questionable call.

My opinion, if those throws had been to a Walker or Moss, they probably would have been caught.

gbpackfan
10-15-2007, 01:18 PM

My opinion, if those throws had been to a Walker or Moss, they probably would have been caught.

I couldn't disagree more. As much as I love Favre, those INTS were all him. Those passes were both under thrown. And we don't have Moss and we don't have Walker, so let's move on.

Packers4Ever
10-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I've been without Internet for the past 2 1/2 days..........damn AT&T. Just read that Favre was limping noticably when he went to the podium after the game. Any word on that?

I saw him limping while still out on the field, pip, very noticeably
and with assistance. Kept waiting to hear for a comment on it but
I never did.

You and I both know that had it been almost anyone else, they'd
have been sitting it out for a while and maybe even miss a game. :roll:
Maybe another poster has more info for us.

Joemailman
10-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Favre was reportedly getting treatment for the ankle today, so it's not just something expected to heal itself in a couple days. Brett sure knows how to schedule those bye weeks!

packinpatland
10-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Any indication that it was the same ankle he had work on this spring?

Packers4Ever
10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Favre was reportedly getting treatment for the ankle today, so it's not just something expected to heal itself in a couple days. Brett sure knows how to schedule those bye weeks!

Hmmmm, I've had all sports' stations on TV all day and never heard anything about any injury. Usually those guys sniff this out and publicize it right away. Maybe they're losing their touch? :lol: Not likely......
He should be ok by the Denver game at the end of the month, I hope.

Joemailman
10-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Injury update: Franks likely will miss time
Tight end Bubba Franks may miss "a couple weeks" after spraining his right knee in Sunday's win over Washington, coach Mike McCarthy said at his press conference this afternoon.

Franks, who has missed practice time throughout the offseason and regular season with knee problems, did not return after limping off early in the fourth quarter Sunday. Team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie is performing more tests, said McCarthy, who indicated Ryan Krause likely would be elevated from the practice squad.

In other injury news from McCarthy ...
* CB Frank Walker suffered a knee injury Sunday and is being examined today.
* QB Brett Favre, who injured his "bad" ankle Sunday, was in for treatment today.
* DL Cullen Jenkins suffered a knee injury on a high-low hit Sunday and was getting scanned today, but McCarthy didn't think the injury was serious.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

Cleft Crusty
10-15-2007, 07:07 PM
* DL Cullen Jenkins suffered a knee injury on a high-low hit Sunday and was getting scanned today, but McCarthy didn't think the injury was serious.

My sources tell me that the way he was hit - near the knee (while being blocked by another O-lineman) suggests an MCL strain. Since he jogged off the field, it probably isn't much of a tear at all. Most linemen return in about four to six weeks following a more severe tear. Two weeks for Jenkins seems like plenty of recovery time.

4and12to12and4
10-15-2007, 07:15 PM

I couldn't disagree more. As much as I love Favre, those INTS were all him. Those passes were both under thrown. And we don't have Moss and we don't have Walker, so let's move on.

So what exactly are you disagreeing with?! That Taylor is a damn good player or that Walker or Moss would've made those catches. He's not saying the pass was great, he's just saying that if a less talented safety or a more talented receiver were involved, those would've been catches. I couldn't agree more.