PDA

View Full Version : Peter King's MMQB

jramsey495
10-15-2007, 02:11 PM
is here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/14/mmqb/index.html?eref=T1.

you should read it. lots of stuff on the packers, including the bit below on the officiating and some stuff on Favre's wife almost leaving in '99.

Goats of the Week

Referee Terry McAulay's crew at Green Bay-Washington, for an overall poor job and costing the Packers two legitimate touchdowns. First, there was a pathetic holding call on right tackle Mark Tauscher, negating one Favre touchdown pass; there was nothing close to a hold on the play. Last year, the officials were told not to call offensive holding unless it was something an official actually saw. Well, there's no way an official saw holding on Tauscher. Never happened. Then, a second Packers TD throw was negated when Bubba Franks cleanly caught a pass in the corner of the end zone with one foot down before getting driven out of the end zone by Washington cornerback Fred Smoot. Incomplete. Insane.

I didn't think the holding call was that bad but Bubba definitely had a touchdown.

jramsey495
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
is here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/14/mmqb/index.html?eref=T1.

you should read it. lots of stuff on the packers, including the bit below on the officiating and some stuff on Favre's wife almost leaving in '99.

Goats of the Week

Referee Terry McAulay's crew at Green Bay-Washington, for an overall poor job and costing the Packers two legitimate touchdowns. First, there was a pathetic holding call on right tackle Mark Tauscher, negating one Favre touchdown pass; there was nothing close to a hold on the play. Last year, the officials were told not to call offensive holding unless it was something an official actually saw. Well, there's no way an official saw holding on Tauscher. Never happened. Then, a second Packers TD throw was negated when Bubba Franks cleanly caught a pass in the corner of the end zone with one foot down before getting driven out of the end zone by Washington cornerback Fred Smoot. Incomplete. Insane.

I didn't think the holding call was that bad but Bubba definitely had a touchdown.

crap, tried to get that link to work... guess you'll have to copy and paste.

Brohm
10-15-2007, 02:31 PM
If anyone ever had questions as to why Farve stands up for K-Rob, that's a nice eye-opener.

the_idle_threat
10-15-2007, 04:02 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/14/mmqb/index.html

LL2
10-15-2007, 04:14 PM
It was good to see Brett gave up drinking to keep his family together. No one ever said marriage was easy, and the fact they stcuk together through the good and bad is a good thing.

Fred's Slacks
10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
The force out is a judgment call so you'll win some, you'll lose some. The thing that really burned me up about that call was that Olsen got that call last week for Chi and I thought Bubba looked like he had a better chance of getting his other foot down, but I can live with that call.

The holding call was just ridiculous. How on earth do you call something that never happened? These moron refs need to keep their stupid flags in their pockets unless they actually see a penalty. I don't give a flying f--- what they think they might have seen. Those always piss me off.

packinpatland
10-15-2007, 05:01 PM
It was good to see Brett gave up drinking to keep his family together. No one ever said marriage was easy, and the fact they stcuk together through the good and bad is a good thing.

I read her book on the plane going home after the Packer/Bear game. I was a little more than surprised at how 'telling' it was. Got to hand it to both of them. He over came addiction and an urge to keep drinking and she's beat cancer. Good things need to happen to the Favres..............like a SuperBowl trip. :wink: