PDA

View Full Version : Franks could miss 'a couple weeks' with knee injury

packers11
10-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Injury update: Franks likely will miss time

Tight end Bubba Franks may miss "a couple weeks" after spraining his right knee in Sunday's win over Washington, coach Mike McCarthy said at his press conference this afternoon.

Franks, who has missed practice time throughout the offseason and regular season with knee problems, did not return after limping off early in the fourth quarter Sunday. Team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie is performing more tests, said McCarthy, who indicated Ryan Krause likely would be elevated from the practice squad.

In other injury news from McCarthy ...
* CB Frank Walker suffered a knee injury Sunday and is being examined today.
* QB Brett Favre, who injured his "bad" ankle Sunday, was in for treatment today.
* DL Cullen Jenkins suffered a knee injury on a high-low hit Sunday and was getting scanned today, but McCarthy didn't think the injury was serious.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com
posted by PackersNews.com at 12:15 PM | 0 Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Partial
10-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Well, that is not good. That Steeler is going to be playing, now.

Lurker64
10-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Do we even have two TEs on the roster? We have a couple of guys on the practice squad that I know nothing about, but I think we only have Lee and Franks on the roster.

green_bowl_packer
10-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Either Ryan Krause or James Adkisson gets elevated from the practice squad.

CaliforniaCheez
10-15-2007, 08:06 PM
How often have there been 2 TE blocking sets??

Without Bubba we may see a bit more of Ruvell Martin.

Brett was hit with his foot planted and I feel the team is lucky that it is his ankle instead of his knee.

Looking around the league the Packers are better off than most teams in the injury department. A week off helps all.

Although the writer indicated that Jenkins injury was not serious, it is the one that concerns me the most. Fortunately Montgomery will be getting on the field to help spell him a bit.

Merlin
10-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Franks is having a good season. That catch he made in the end zone was a great one and a TOUCHDOWN. He gets an injury on the play and the official blows the call. How bad does that have to sting?

Not sure who will be playing the other TE. It would be just like us to elevate someone from the practice squad. I think instead we should use Hall in that role. Franks is used a lot in the shotgun to block and get the dump offs. Hall can catch well and he hangs onto the ball. I don't think it would be a stretch given the way our TE role is right now. Then we could fill in at the fullback spot since we aren't running the ball anyway.