PDA

View Full Version : Favre tired??

b bulldog
10-15-2007, 05:44 PM
i WAS LISTENING TO A LOCAL SORTS SHOW TODAY AND THEY HAD A TOPIC ABOUT bRETT and his play during the last 6 quarters. His play has slipped greatly the past 6 quarters and although the lack of a running game is huge and puts way too much pressure on him, he seems to be making some bad judgements again in regards to his passing. They thought that his age may be creeping up on him and his legs may be tired and that could be the reason why his long balls were so bad. I know he has never been a good long ball thrower but yesterday his balls were terrible. He underthrew 4 balls that could have been TD's and which all should have been picked by Taylor. The bye may have come at a great time for Brett but if the running game doesn't start to show signs of improvement, the Pack may be in trouble. I have bashed Brett plenty in the past but a team without a running game and a team that is solely relying on a 38 year old QB with an average D will be in serious trouble come the last half of the season. Too much pressure is now put on Brett and I think it is beginning to show.

b bulldog
10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
One more thing, nobody better say that this is a slam on Brett cause it is not meant to be so. We are 5-1 but I am beginning too get worried about this team, maybe I'm crazy but........

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't think age has anything to do with it. Favre threw a bad ball in the Bears game. The second half was rough, but they hardly gave him an opportunity to make any plays until the last drive. The last game was bad, but they happen. Washington's defense wasn't ranked #1 in the NFC for no reason.

ny10804
10-15-2007, 05:58 PM
A lot of throwing comes from your legs. When a 300 pound d-lineman rolls over your ankle, it becomes hard to utilize your leg strength when throwing. Therefore... come back to me in two weeks, after Brett has some time to heal.

Joemailman
10-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Everything Brett does these days, whether positive or negative, tends to get overanalyzed. He had a relatively bad game (2 TD passes were called back) on a rainy day against an outstanding defense.

Partial
10-15-2007, 06:06 PM
I could see where his arm is tired and turns to jello, though. Back in my tennis days when I would serve 200-300 times a day in the off-season my right arm was just toast. It was dead tired all the time and felt like it was going to fall off.

b bulldog
10-15-2007, 06:10 PM
He has been winging it a bunch but he had a terrible game yesterday. Taylor could have had a career day but luckily he has hands of steel.

b bulldog
10-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Good time for the time off, the entire team could use it.

4and12to12and4
10-15-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm not buying into this at all. This is ridiculous. The Redskins may have the best defense in the NFC. We didn't run successfully the ENTIRE game and haven't all season, and Favre plus our defense has won us 5 out of 6 games, and actually, Favre did enough against the Bears to win that game too. We can't forget that we got TWO touchdowns taken back, and by the way, the TD to JJ was a deep pass perfectly thrown into the endzone. The throw at the end of the Bears game was thrown perfectly approx. 50 yards into the endzone and if Driver could've outjumped their dime DB, would've been a perfect throw. That was after a long game and he had enough strength to get that ball off and placed perfectly into the endzone. This is all rubish. He went against a great defense, threw it a little high because he thought his guy was more open than he thought, and he's always thrown the long ball with too much air under it, which is why we need a receiver like Javon Walker or Randy Moss. Think of how many of those type of passes Javon just won by outjumping the defender. You'll know when Brett's arm is tired, he won't be throwing it 100 miles an hour on the slant routes. I saw quite a bit of that. This is a dead issue.

ny10804
10-15-2007, 06:21 PM
One more thing to keep in mind: our next game is vs the Broncos. With Champ Bailey, half of the field is gonna (should?) be closed off to Favre. Furthermore, the Broncos are currently giving up 187.6 yards per game (5.2 per carry). Brett should not have to throw the ball more than 25 times. KC isn't too strong against the run either (117/4.3). These two games will be crucial to Brett's arm.

Brett will be at his best when the run game gets going. Remember, 5 of the teams we've faced are ranked in the top-10 vs the run (the other is Chicago in the aftermath of AD's rampage).

Brando19
10-15-2007, 07:22 PM
One more thing, nobody better say that this is a slam on Brett cause it is not meant to be so. We are 5-1 but I am beginning too get worried about this team, maybe I'm crazy but........

The Pack is 5-1....why are you slamming Brett???!?!?! :lol:

b bulldog
10-15-2007, 09:50 PM
My point was that I am not

Rastak
10-15-2007, 09:52 PM

Hence the smiley......me thinks you missed it.

fan4life
10-15-2007, 11:03 PM
In this morning's MMQB article, under MVP watch, Peter King has Favre rated #3. His comment:

3. Brett Favre, QB, Green Bay. "It's been a long time since I got beat up like that in a game,'' said Favre on Sunday. He emerged from the game against the 'Skins with a bum ankle and knee. But don't worry. The streak will not die.

At some point, being a 38-year old QB bearing the lion's share of the burden to produce on offense, on the youngest team in the NFL, to a near-perfect record may take its toll. Sooner rather than later if they can't take some pressure off him.

He'll be fine after the bye.... especially if the defense continues to hold 3-pt leads and the offense can get the running game in order.

mmmdk
10-16-2007, 06:03 AM

The Pack is 5-1....why are you slamming Brett???!?!?! :lol:

The focus on Favre is obvious; Favre is the Packer offense. Without Favre we're 2-4 at best.

Everything Favre does, even more evidently this season, will be put under the microscope. TT gave Favre next to no help at all on offense; Favre & McCarthy need to make players out of virtually nothing. The latter is more a reference to the GB backfield.

If you don't talk Favre then you wouldn't have anything discuss on the offense.

Carolina_Packer
10-16-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm really not trying to start something. What's done is done and nothing can change it. But, has anyone here imagined what it would have been like to have a motivated Randy Moss running the slants or the deep routes? I realize that Tom Brady is a special talent, but how much better off would Brett have been if he had a receiver like him to wing it to? I like James Jones too, don't get me wrong, but he is a long term answer. Favre and Moss would have been shorter term answers. Throw in an experience running back and wow.

Now imagine if we hadn't gone on the 4 game win streak to end last season, and were able to get AP instead of the Vikings, AND Favre decided to come back AND we secured Randy Moss...Ah, what might have been. But, you have to suck to get a guy like AP, which is never good. Fun dreaming; I'm awake. We're 5-1.

AtlPackFan
10-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm really not trying to start something. What's done is done and nothing can change it. But, has anyone here imagined what it would have been like to have a motivated Randy Moss running the slants or the deep routes?

I held a seance, spoke to the dead horse and he asks that we stop beating him. :wink:

Brando19
10-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Hence the smiley......me thinks you missed it.

Thanks, Ras.

Wesley
10-16-2007, 07:23 PM
I know he has never been a good long ball thrower but yesterday his balls were terrible. .

:lol:

This is the 1st time Ive ever heard anybody say this. This couldnt be further from the truth. Were you around for the 3 MVP's ? #4 was master of the long ball. People forget, or never got a chance to see how amazing he was. The 'so called' highlights they show over and over again dont do #4 justice.

MJZiggy
10-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I know he has never been a good long ball thrower but yesterday his balls were terrible. .

:lol:

This is the 1st time Ive ever heard anybody say this. This couldnt be further from the truth. Were you around for the 3 MVP's ? #4 was master of the long ball. People forget, or never got a chance to see how amazing he was. The 'so called' highlights they show over and over again dont do #4 justice.

Hey, Wesley, welcome to the forum. Bulldog has never been a huge Favre fan (go figure), but for heaven's sakes b, leave his long balls alone!! His balls are fine.

woodbuck27
10-17-2007, 05:52 AM
We have to lighten up on our finest player.

KARMA. :)

Merlin
10-17-2007, 09:57 AM
My thoughts were more about the weather on Sunday then on Favre. He was not adjusting to the weather on his throw. If he didn't just chuck it up, the ball wouldn't have floated on him. I believe he would have done better throwing rockets with the weather. Maybe he was worried about the weather too much in that his receivers couldn't catch the bullets with the rain?

BEARMAN
10-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Ofcourse he is ! He is old, used up, time to put him out to pasture. Stop whooping him, he's a dead horse. Who's your back up QB ? :duel:

MJZiggy
10-17-2007, 06:43 PM
You only wish you had a "dead horse" with half his skill.

CaliforniaCheez
10-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Deep in your own territory in a close game (because of JAMES JONES fumbles) he forced a third down pass. Factors behind that were:

Run game had nothing with Wells out and Bears D.
The play broke down. Then a WR miscommunication.
It was something seen before.

The Redskin game featured a very good pass defense. How many chances did the WR's have? Very few. There was a lot of TE and RB passes.
The record breaking INT was an obvious slip in the hand. Brett's fault but not due to lack of arm strength.

Teams are watching film on the young receivers and are note there weaknesses and play to them. Washington has one of the best staffs and is the highest paid.

When analyzing the team one should really look at what McCarthy considers its weakness. The O-line. Coston and Wells were/are out. Clifton hasn't adapted well to the new run scheme (he can still pass block). Spitz and Moll have not progressed as expected.

Barbre will force some better play next year.

The run game will help Brett. Getting a good lead early will help(James Jones).

Anyone can run through a hole. The O-line has to create the hole.

VegasPackFan
10-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I was thinking about this too, but I'm not concerned that the problem last week was his arm at all. He was getting alot of pressure, he was banged up some, and the rain cant help much.

I would like to see him throw that deep ball a lot more like the TD to JJ in the Minny game. That sucker was down field on a rope and one of the prettiest passes I have seen in a long time. He needsd to stop airing it out so much.

4and12to12and4
10-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Rain, ankle rolled, and great secondary. Let it go. He's better this year than he has been in the past 4 years if you ask me. We are 5-1 you know. And we've beat some of the best teams in the NFL and our only loss was almost a win. I couldn't be more pleased with Brett's play and MM's playcalling.