PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl

HarveyWallbangers
10-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Pro Bowl balloting has already started. Strange. Seems way early.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl

Merlin
10-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Maybe they are trying to get Vick in there before any realizes he isn't playing this season.

Carolina_Packer
10-16-2007, 09:01 AM
So, Merlin, just curious; what would it take for you to change your signature line concerning TT (or TTT as you call him)?

I think he's done a good job overall. There are things I still disagree with, but obviously you have to like the record so far, regardless of the state of the the running game, or the loss of Moss.

Merlin
10-16-2007, 09:41 AM
You are entitled to your opinion as I am. I am not going to re-hash everything in regards to 3T as it is well documented in here.

Whether or not I like our record at this point is irrelevant. I don't attribute the majority of it to 3T like a lot of people. The utter hypocrisy of watching 3T supporters spooge when we were 4-0 and attributing everything to him, then we lose one and all of a sudden it was because rookies make mistakes or the old "we were bound to lose one" excuses. Well gee, who put these rookies out there to make mistakes? Why no blame going up the chain on the negative for 3T?

I gave 3T kudos for the parts of the team I thought he did a good job with, however I also give him the criticism for the areas that he is glaringly weak in. I disagree with the part of his philosophy that says you build solely from the draft. I also believe that he dismantled and ignored the offense for the sole reason of getting Rodgers on the field earlier. If Favre started this season like he did last season I can promise you that he would be on the bench. No one believes me in this and that's fine, I really don't care. When Favre is gone you watch and see how quickly 3T changes his tune on that side of the ball.

mmmdk
10-16-2007, 09:46 AM
So, Merlin, just curious; what would it take for you to change your signature line concerning TT (or TTT as you call him)?

I think he's done a good job overall. There are things I still disagree with, but obviously you have to like the record so far, regardless of the state of the the running game, or the loss of Moss.

Ron Wolf traded for Favre; Favre is still carrying this offense. TT has been so-so at best.

cheesner
10-16-2007, 09:53 AM
You are entitled to your opinion as I am. I am not going to re-hash everything in regards to 3T as it is well documented in here.

Whether or not I like our record at this point is irrelevant. I don't attribute the majority of it to 3T like a lot of people. The utter hypocrisy of watching 3T supporters spooge when we were 4-0 and attributing everything to him, then we lose one and all of a sudden it was because rookies make mistakes or the old "we were bound to lose one" excuses. Well gee, who put these rookies out there to make mistakes? Why no blame going up the chain on the negative for 3T?

I gave 3T kudos for the parts of the team I thought he did a good job with, however I also give him the criticism for the areas that he is glaringly weak in. I disagree with the part of his philosophy that says you build solely from the draft. I also believe that he dismantled and ignored the offense for the sole reason of getting Rodgers on the field earlier. If Favre started this season like he did last season I can promise you that he would be on the bench. No one believes me in this and that's fine, I really don't care. When Favre is gone you watch and see how quickly 3T changes his tune on that side of the ball.The individual plays are on the players. The games are on MM. The season and beyond is on TT. So far they are all doing well.

cheesner
10-16-2007, 09:56 AM

Ron Wolf traded for Favre; Favre is still carrying this offense. TT has been so-so at best.
Ron Wolf drafted Jamal Reynolds. TT drafted AJ Hawk. Wolf was so-so. TT is great. :roll:

Merlin
10-16-2007, 10:00 AM

I gave 3T kudos for the parts of the team I thought he did a good job with, however I also give him the criticism for the areas that he is glaringly weak in. I disagree with the part of his philosophy that says you build solely from the draft. I also believe that he dismantled and ignored the offense for the sole reason of getting Rodgers on the field earlier. If Favre started this season like he did last season I can promise you that he would be on the bench. No one believes me in this and that's fine, I really don't care. When Favre is gone you watch and see how quickly 3T changes his tune on that side of the ball.The individual plays are on the players. The games are on MM. The season and beyond is on TT. So far they are all doing well.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, as am I.

mmmdk
10-16-2007, 11:02 AM

Ron Wolf drafted Jamal Reynolds. TT drafted AJ Hawk. Wolf was so-so. TT is great. :roll:

You got me! :P

mmmdk
10-16-2007, 11:10 AM
TT did draft a stud WR in every draft - Muphy, Jennings & JJ. The same cannot be said for our current RBs plus OL. Maybe the latter needs time but Packers are 5-1 with a chance - NOW! The run game must become much better soon or it could go a wee bit downhill; meaning a quick ousting from the playoffs and I can't take any more playoff losses at Lambeau.

Deputy Nutz
10-16-2007, 11:25 AM
TT did draft a stud WR in every draft - Muphy, Jennings & JJ. The same cannot be said for our current RBs plus OL. Maybe the latter needs time but Packers are 5-1 with a chance - NOW! The run game must become much better soon or it could go a wee bit downhill; meaning a quick ousting from the playoffs and I can't take any more playoff losses at Lambeau.

TT at least addressed those needs in the draft, give him that.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Wow, I didn't know TT was eligible for the ProBowl.

MJZiggy
10-16-2007, 11:40 AM
There's a new category for you...

Zool
10-16-2007, 11:45 AM
And now Honolulu.....YOUR starting lineup for the NFC.

At GM....Ted THOMPson.

GBRulz
10-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Wonder if he'd bring his grass skirt :lol:

Green Bud Packer
10-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Give Thomps his fair share of the credit. Some like to point to the weaker units on the team as failure. Some like to look at the whole and see success.

I'd pay not to see T.T. in a grass skirt. :shock:

GBRulz
10-16-2007, 12:23 PM
haha, at least I didn't say Andy Reid in a grass skirt !

MJZiggy
10-16-2007, 12:25 PM
***Trying desperately to remove mental image... :cry:

packinpatland
10-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Maybe PackerRats should plan a 'reunion' in Hawaii??????

Green Bud Packer
10-16-2007, 12:32 PM
haha, at least I didn't say Andy Reid in a grass skirt !

How bout Kira Reed?

MJZiggy
10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Maybe PackerRats should plan a 'reunion' in Hawaii??????

I'm already saving for next year's Green Bay trip...

Carolina_Packer
10-16-2007, 12:57 PM

I gave 3T kudos for the parts of the team I thought he did a good job with, however I also give him the criticism for the areas that he is glaringly weak in. I disagree with the part of his philosophy that says you build solely from the draft. I also believe that he dismantled and ignored the offense for the sole reason of getting Rodgers on the field earlier. If Favre started this season like he did last season I can promise you that he would be on the bench. No one believes me in this and that's fine, I really don't care. When Favre is gone you watch and see how quickly 3T changes his tune on that side of the ball.

I have no reason to doubt what you believe, but you didn't really answer my original question. What would TT (TTT to you) have to do in order for you to change your signature which says he spells disaster to something less than disaster? Again, just curious since you feel strongly enough to use the word disaster. Yes, I agree that we can all hold differing opinions here. It would be bland if we all agreed all the time.