PDA

View Full Version : Daryn Colledge

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I read a report on The Sporting News that Dallas would have drafted Colledge if the Packers hadn't taken him. They felt that Colledge was capable of pushing Jason Fabini as a starter at RT. They ended up taking Anthony Fasano.

Always good to read.

RashanGary
05-08-2006, 03:03 PM
When did Dallas pick?

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2006, 03:04 PM
We picked Colledge at #47, Jennings went #52, and Dallas had pick #53.

Bretsky
05-08-2006, 07:12 PM

I read TT was going to pick Calhoun if Spitz was taken and he was still there. Spitz over Calhoun ? Made me wonder about the best player available theory over need.

Rastak
05-08-2006, 07:17 PM
I read a report on The Sporting News that Dallas would have drafted Colledge if the Packers hadn't taken him. They felt that Colledge was capable of pushing Jason Fabini as a starter at RT. They ended up taking Anthony Fasano.

Always good to read.

That does sound promising for the lad. Smaller school kid doesn't mean he isn't an NFL worthy talent.

ND72
05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
yeah i read GB wanted Colledge at the #36 (or 37) pick before they traded down...and they had Calhoun listed as the next guy on their board, then Detroit took him (all in the 3rd round).

Tarlam!
05-09-2006, 12:41 AM

I read TT was going to pick Calhoun if Spitz was taken and he was still there. Spitz over Calhoun ? Made me wonder about the best player available theory over need.

B, I think TT would have taken Calhoun instead of Spitz if he was there. But, he can't say that for one major reason:

How would that impact Spitz? See?

But if you look at what else TT said "I wish that football-playing Jesse was in another division" says more than, "Boy, are our division rivals ever gonna be sorry that Spitz is in this division".

TT was hot for Calhoun in the 3rd.