PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCarthy is going to be on Jim Rome today

BF4MVP
10-16-2007, 11:21 AM
The man we all call M3 is going to be on Jim Rome's radio show in the third hour (between 1-2 central time). Rome had him on during the offseason and it was pretty decent..I'm curious to see what they talk about now that the Packers are actually considered a good team.

If I had to guess, I'd say:

Improved play of Brett Favre

Lack of a running game

Stout, young defense

Won't know until ya listen, though.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone got the transcript of the first interview? Would like to see what kind of backpeddling rome does.

BF4MVP
10-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Found this on PackerChatters..Not a transcript, but the best I could find at this point..

From 6/12/2007

McCarthy on now....

Rome touched on how it'll be easier this year now that the system is implemented, talked about how winning the last 4 games last year has affected them going into this year (McCarthy said they "talk about it often and how it impacts their vision of the future"),

Rome asked about "putting out the fire" with Brett Favre (McCarthy said it's all settled),

Rome asked about Favre/minicamp (McCarthy said in his plan for Brett, he wanted him at the minicamp),

McCarthy talked about how his job is to prepare Brett to be the best QB/leader for this football team, and he does things in the best interest of the Green Bay Packers.

Rome keeps digging for Favre info, throwing out hypothetical situations about Brett and how his opinions are valued (McCarthy says that good communication is required, Brett's opinions are valued, but he and Thompson make the final decisions in the best interest of the organization),

Rome brought up McCarthy's experiences with Joe Montana (McCarthy says Joe was a great example for a young coach to learn from),

Rome asks about draft philosophy (McCarthy uses the "best player available" response, but says they want to win now),

Rome asks about a 2-back system, can both be happy and productive? (McCarthy says that you need to be versatile and move from 2-back to 1-back and vice versa to be successful),

Rome asks about non-football related things associated with being head coach vs. coordinator (McCarthy says it's like coaching because it's interacting with other people; community relations, etc.)

Rome bids fairwell by calling him a no-nonsense Pittsburgh native.

Carolina_Packer
10-16-2007, 01:17 PM
MM was also on Jim Rome is Burning on ESPN a few weeks ago. I did not see it, but saw the previous day's show when he announced he would be his guest the next day. I should have DVR'd it, but didn't since I wasn't able to see it live.

Harlan Huckleby
10-16-2007, 01:36 PM
i just hope he has a take and doesn't suck.