PDA

View Full Version : Talk Radio Hosts

Harlan Huckleby
10-16-2007, 02:31 PM
I love talk radio, here's what I think of the hosts that get time in my town:

Rush Limbaugh - Most entertaining of them all. Very smart and creative. Poorly educated, especially about international stuff. Has great insights into people and politics, often makes spot-on observations in that area. His show was fantastic ten years ago, when it was more creativity and less reflections from the great world thinker.

Sean Hannity - would not want to argue with him, he's very smart. He's an us-and-them thinker, a demagogue worse than Rush. A nasty guy, and not entertaining.

Bill O'Reilly - often lumped-together with Limbaugh & Hannity, but he's actually completely different. O'Reilly is a critical thinker, a serious journalist. I don't like him personally because of his smugness and defensivness, but he's quite independent. The only area where he gets a bit predictable is in his tiresome battle to make the U.S. a Christian Nation.

Ed Shultz - he's the best liberal radio host out there, has more of the common touch than most on that bandwagon. Has a good sense of humor.

Allan Combs - this guy is great. He's very far left, yet manages to not be shrill. Underappreciated talent. Very smart show, he's respectful to other points of view.

Randi Rhodes - she would be a fun person to hang out with I suspect, you'd just have to shut her up now and then. But all the Air America hosts are too strident and boring with their politcal rants, she's maybe the worst.

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Ed Shultz - he's the best liberal radio host out there, has more of the common touch than most on that bandwagon. Has a good sense of humor.

He's from North Dakota. He used to do sports broadcasting in the eastern part of the state. I always thought he was horrible at it. I haven't listened to his radio program.

LL2
10-16-2007, 03:02 PM
I used to listen to talk radio a lot and watch talking heads on TV, but with family life and too busy at work (except for a quick minute to stop by PR) I don't have time to listen or watch. I used to listen to Limbaugh a lot. Didn't he lose his hearing? Could that have affected him? I've read he's made hundreds of millions, so he's smart when it comes to making money. What about Robert Novak? I don't know of too many others. I'm more into sports radio now and listen to Mike and Mike ont he way into work.

RashanGary
10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
I listen to Rush and Hannity. Where can I get Liberal radio in GB? Does anybody know? I'd be curious to hear what they have to say.

I personally like Hannity better than Rush because he talks about the real issues and has more politicians on his show talking about what they intend to do and what the root cause of the problems are.

Rush very rarely brings anything new to the table. It's about 20 minutes of making fun of global warming, 20 minutes of talking about Bill's sex life, 20 minutes about how jealous liberals are, 20 minutes about how they want troops to die and then 20 minutes about himself. I listen to it only because it's better than Rome, but I'd be open to hearing the other side if I knew where their station was. Rush is an entertainer, not a truth seeker.

I won't stop listenting to Hannity though. He gets to the core of the issues. I love when Newt is on. Newt would be a GREAT president. You have to be able to cut through the bias BS, but the core conservative values are pretty good and Hannity does a better job of driving them home. I'd rather go far right than far left so I'll probably vote conservative mroe than liberal in the future, but I have some leftist ideas that I havn't let go of.

Jimx29
10-16-2007, 05:21 PM
One day at work I walked into my bosses office and he was doing the "stand in place goose step" march, and had billo turned way up on the radio :shock:

RashanGary
10-16-2007, 05:23 PM
One day at work I walked into my bosses office and he was doing the "stand in place goose step" march, and had billo turned way up on the radio :shock:

You're kidding, right?

Harlan Huckleby
10-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I'll probably vote conservative mroe than liberal in the future

I vote conservatively EVERY election. I always pull the lever with the picture of the donkey on it, I'm not one to take chances.

Joemailman
10-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Thom Hartmann is the best of the liberal talkers. Very smart, and not afraid to debate people with a different viewpoint. He regularly has guests from the Ayn Rand Institute on his show to debate an issue.

Jimx29
10-19-2007, 04:55 PM

You're kidding, right?well, it may have been rush :lol: