PDA

View Full Version : Chambers a Charger now

digitaldean
10-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Chris Chambers was traded from Miami to San Diego for a 2008 2nd round pick.

Harlan Huckleby
10-16-2007, 02:37 PM
that lucky bastard gets another warm-weather paradise.

PackerTimer
10-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Chargers got a good weapon. The Chargers are definetly gonna be heard from before the season is over.

Zool
10-16-2007, 02:45 PM
And Chambers gets a week to learn the offense. Meanwhile Miami is without Welker and Chambers from last season. Sorry Miss Cleo (Lemon) its gonna be a long rest of the season.

Bretsky
10-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Chris Chambers was traded from Miami to San Diego for a 2008 2nd round pick.

WOW is all I have to say for the Chargers

They are on the brink or close to contention

KUDOS to them for trying to take the next step now

Partial
10-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Chargers versus Pats is a game with a ton of supreme players.

Bretsky
10-16-2007, 02:49 PM

I have a hard time believing SD is going to sit there with Turner and let him walk after the season.

Then again if they only get lowball offers they might as well.

BallHawk
10-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Good trade for both teams, though it will depend how the Chargers finish.

The Dolphins are about to go into full-fledged rebuilding mode. It seems like some pro sports team in Miami is always in one.

Bretsky
10-16-2007, 02:51 PM

The Dolphins are about to go into full-fledged rebuilding mode. It seems like some pro sports team in Miami is always in one.

Patriots are winning it all
That being said for a team above .500 Chambers for a 2nd is a fair value and instantly upgrades a team at WR.

BallHawk
10-16-2007, 02:56 PM

That being said for a team above .500 Chambers for a 2nd is a fair value and instantly upgrades a team at WR.

To clarify, I meant it depends how the Chargers finish in the standings to see where in the 2nd round the Dolphins will be picking.

Bretsky
10-16-2007, 02:59 PM

To clarify, I meant it depends how the Chargers finish in the standings to see where in the 2nd round the Dolphins will be picking.

Makes sense; I assumed you were operating from the rhyme of reason that if you can't win a title you don't trade away a draft pick for stable veteran help . My bad.

MJZiggy
10-16-2007, 03:05 PM
I just hope that with Chambers the squeak into the playoffs and pummel NE 68-3 in a lovely "eff you" revenge victory...

BallHawk
10-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I just hope that with Chambers the squeak into the playoffs and pummel NE 68-3 in a lovely "eff you" revenge victory...

Nah, won't happen. But on the bright side, if the Pats do make it to the Super Bowl, Green Bay will be waitin' for them and it'll be 1997 all over again.

:cow:

LL2
10-16-2007, 03:10 PM

That would be nice, but can't see it happening.

retailguy
10-16-2007, 03:13 PM
And Chambers gets a week to learn the offense. Meanwhile Miami is without Welker and Chambers from last season. Sorry Miss Cleo (Lemon) its gonna be a long rest of the season.

Don't forget Randy McMichael too.

Zool
10-16-2007, 03:24 PM

Geeze good point. Sorry Ronnie Brown.

SkinBasket
10-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Shit, maybe I'll keep Chambers on my FF team now. Seems like yesterday that MIA asserted he was NOT on the trading block. Maybe they learned something from that douche-bag of a coach Saban afterall.

ND72
10-16-2007, 04:10 PM

come on, they have David Martin......

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I believe Martin is doing better than McMichael. McMichael has been a major league bust.

Joemailman
10-16-2007, 06:44 PM

I have a hard time believing SD is going to sit there with Turner and let him walk after the season.

Maybe they were willing to give up a 2nd for Chambers figuring they'll get a 2nd from someone for Turner after the season. In the meantime, they have them both to try to make a Super Bowl run this year.

Brando19
10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Chambers is good...but we lucked up getting the better WR....Ferguson. :shock: :roll:

Bretsky
10-16-2007, 07:44 PM

Maybe they were willing to give up a 2nd for Chambers figuring they'll get a 2nd from someone for Turner after the season. In the meantime, they have them both to try to make a Super Bowl run this year.

I think he's unrestricted after this season

MadtownPacker
10-16-2007, 08:54 PM
KRob getting another chance to play would be equal or likely better then this move IMO. Not bad for SD but GB doesn't need WRs.

Now if we are talking Turner.... :whist:

Rastak
10-16-2007, 08:59 PM
KRob getting another chance to play would be equal or likely better then this move IMO. Not bad for SD but GB doesn't need WRs.

When did he play last? Koren Robinson is going to be rusty as hell I'm guessing. And a weekly threat to let everyone down like he does time and time again.

Turner would have been a great move.

Bretsky
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM

And a weekly threat to let everyone down like he does time and time again.

YOU DESCRIBED DA FRAUD

MadtownPacker
10-16-2007, 09:26 PM
When did he play last? Koren Robinson is going to be rusty as hell I'm guessing. And a weekly threat to let everyone down like he does time and time again.

Turner would have been a great move.I dont remember the NFL saying he couldn't work out on his own. If he wants to have any chance of saving his career he will be in the best shape of his life. He is not needed but will help of course. Send his ass deep every play, I dont give a shit as long as it opens things up for everyone else and it will because no one is gonna let him run free.

Him fucking up is a whole different subject. Thats on his ass I dont give a damn. It will only hurt him.

Rastak
10-16-2007, 09:29 PM

Turner would have been a great move.I dont remember the NFL saying he couldn't work out on his own. If he wants to have any chance of saving his career he will be in the best shape of his life. He is not needed but will help of course. Send his ass deep every play, I dont give a shit as long as it opens things up for everyone else and it will because no one is gonna let him run free.

Him fucking up is a whole different subject. Thats on his ass I dont give a damn. It will only hurt him.

I think you misunderstood me, at least on the rusty part. The guy hasn't seen live NFL action in quite some time. I hope he figured everything out this time on a personal level.

I just think it may be a few weeks until he is ready to play at NFL speed.

JMHO.

Green Bud Packer
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I read somewhere that K-Rob had been working out with Tim Rattay up until he was signed by the Cards.

It'll take time but he will be a plus for the team.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2007, 09:33 PM
The WCO (Walrus Coast Offense) system he knows is not much different then what M3 runs. Didnt seem to take him long last season. Him staying on the field would be my only concern.

Carolina_Packer
10-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, a second does seem aggressive, but if you want to run with the big boys, you gotta have weapons. They also need to turn Merriman loose, but that's not Cottrell's style of defense apparently.

Look at this...http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2001&round=round1

It makes you depressed for the Packers when you see how little we got out of this draft (except for guys we picked up as FA, like Pickett and Robinson). Incidentally, Koren was one pick ahead of Jamal Reynolds (oy!)

Look how many guys are still playing in the NFL, except for the Packers picks! I keep thinking, what if they had decided to hire a guy like TT at this point and have him start doing his thing, and keep the HC and GM separate...we probably would still have some of the talent on our team. Missing on draft choices really puts a team behind the 8 ball fo' sho'

Brando19
10-16-2007, 10:29 PM
I read somewhere that K-Rob had been working out with Tim Rattay up until he was signed by the Cards.

It'll take time but he will be a plus for the team.

Time? Time we may not have. If you're talking 2-3 weeks...that's fine...but 2-3 months...that could be a problem.

run pMc
10-17-2007, 09:58 AM
I think that even if KoRo gets reinstated and suits up for GB, he won't see much action. Probably 5-10 plays on O and returning kickoffs. He's not in regular season shape and hasn't played in a real game in a year...it takes a couple of games to shake that kind of rust off.

Do you you play him ahead of JJ or Ruvell? He has to prove he's still got it and is an upgrade before you make one of those guys sit.

If Koren plays and produces anything, it's gravy at this point. We have DD and two young developing WRs in GJ and JJ.

As for Chambers, kid's got talent, but he's always seemed a bit inconsistent to me...I can't tell if that's on the MIA QB's or him. It's a good risk for SD, although a low R2 is a bit pricey. Didn't he get a DUI recently? Clearly the legal hijinx with guys like Foley and Kiel haven't spooked AJ Smith.

Carolina_Packer
10-17-2007, 10:57 AM
I wonder if K-Rob was able to take the Packer playbook with him during his suspension?