PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again--VOTE!!!

MJZiggy
10-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Vote For Charles Woodson and DeShawn Wynn!
Packers fans, it's time to vote! Two Green Bay Packers are nominated for the NFL's Players of the Week awards:

Defensive Player of the Week
Charles Woodson
Story | Vote!! (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense)

Rookie of the Week
DeShawn Wynn
Story | Vote!! (http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies)

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2007, 04:22 PM
I voted for Chuck, but it just wouldn't right to vote Wynn over Peterson.

Little Whiskey
10-16-2007, 04:26 PM
but it just wouldn't right to vote Wynn over Peterson.

he is still getting 28% of the vote! amazing

oregonpackfan
10-16-2007, 04:27 PM

Well stated, Peterson had over 300 total yards of offense on Sunday.

BallHawk
10-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Kampman should be on that list, rather than Woodson. Woodson was fortunate to pick up the fumble, but Kampman was a force all game, even with the refs going against him.

Rastak
10-16-2007, 08:29 PM
but it just wouldn't right to vote Wynn over Peterson.

he is still getting 28% of the vote! amazing

Yea, that is funny. I guess an football IQ test isn't necessary to vote.

MJZiggy
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Kampman should be on that list, rather than Woodson. Woodson was fortunate to pick up the fumble, but Kampman was a force all game, even with the refs going against him.

I was just reading the notebook article on packers.com and Woodson also made another very heads up play when he saw a short punt about to hit Bush who was busy blocking the gunner so Woodson managed to get over there and fall on the live ball before "disaster happened."

GBRulz
10-16-2007, 09:35 PM

See, I wouldn't feel right voting for a Queen over my own team!! :wink:

oregonpackfan
10-16-2007, 10:02 PM

I was just reading the notebook article on packers.com and Woodson also made another very heads up play when he saw a short punt about to hit Bush who was busy blocking the gunner so Woodson managed to get over there and fall on the live ball before "disaster happened."

I also remember that play. It was certainly a very "Heads Up" play by Woodson!

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2007, 11:34 PM
What is interesting about Peterson's day is that he had something like 202 rushing yards on 4 carries, and had 20 yards on his other 16 carries.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Dammit Im gonna go against my better judgment and vote for peterson just cuz he single handily beat the stupid ass bears.

Rastak
10-17-2007, 06:21 PM
What is interesting about Peterson's day is that he had something like 202 rushing yards on 4 carries, and had 20 yards on his other 16 carries.

I'd take that every single day of the week!

The dude had the 3rd highest all purpose yards in the history of the league. In his 5th game as a pro.

Scott Campbell
10-17-2007, 09:13 PM

Yeah, and the Packers have 12 World Championships and the Vikings have none. Yet you still root for the Vikings.

Rastak
10-17-2007, 09:22 PM

Yeah, and the Packers have 12 World Championships and the Vikings have none. Yet you still root for the Vikings.

Scott, you've had some great points over the years but you struck out on this one.

What the heck has that to do with this vote?

I'm sure you honestly had no intention of discussing the facts so I'm not sure why I'd bother...maybe because I'm sure you have some sense of pride in your debates.

Cut the bullshit and explain why a fan of football would rank Wynn's 37 yards over what Peterson did?

I can't wait to see the next argument....

:lol:

Maybe something about uniform colors..... :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Rastak,

Did you vote for Peterson? Did you vote for Favre when he was up for the award?

Scott Campbell
10-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Cut the bullshit and explain why a fan of football would rank Wynn's 37 yards over what Peterson did?

I think you know me well enough by now to know I'd vote for Peterson.

However, you should still switch teams.

:D

Rastak
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Rastak,

Did you vote for Peterson? Did you vote for Favre when he was up for the award?

Yes and which week and award was it? I usually vote for the best guy, or abstain if I don't like the guy. I would never vote for TO for instance. I'd abstain.

As for Vikings up for award, if it's close I'd vote for the Viking, if not I vote the guy who deserves the vote. If I don't like the guy who should clearly win, I don't vote.

Also, I don't go to nfl.com every week so it's not like I run around voting all the time on these awards.

HarveyWallbangers
10-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Yes and which week and award was it? I usually vote for the best guy, or abstain if I don't like the guy. I would never vote for TO for instance. I'd abstain.

As for Vikings up for award, if it's close I'd vote for the Viking, if not I vote the guy who deserves the vote. If I don't like the guy who should clearly win, I don't vote.

Also, I don't go to nfl.com every week so it's not like I run around voting all the time on these awards.

I'm similar, but you made it sound like anybody that votes homer is some kind of wretched sole. It's a vote. Certainly others can vote for Wynn. Just not me. Favre was up for the award like three weeks in a row.

Rastak
10-18-2007, 10:54 AM

I'm similar, but you made it sound like anybody that votes homer is some kind of wretched sole. It's a vote. Certainly others can vote for Wynn. Just not me. Favre was up for the award like three weeks in a row.'

No, it's just kind of crazy when it isn't close. Makes a mockery of the whole thing, kind of renders it pointless. Favre is having a helluva season, although he's slowed down a bit. I'd vote for him if I thought he was a clear #1....otherwise probably not being an NFC North rival and all..... :)

Zool
10-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Makes a mockery of the whole thing, kind of renders it pointless.

I kinda thought that the first time i heard that it existed. Same with the pro-bowl fan vote.

Rastak
10-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Makes a mockery of the whole thing, kind of renders it pointless.

I kinda thought that the first time i heard that it existed. Same with the pro-bowl fan vote.

Good point!

4and12to12and4
10-18-2007, 03:19 PM

I agree completely, but he didn't make the "spectacular" play so he gets overlooked. BTW, Peterson all the way. Are you kidding me? Not even close. Especially because he's a rookie. This guy scares me. I hope they don't get a new coach, and Jackson's arm never improves in accuracy. Those two things are all I want for Christmas, oh, and maybe an injury to Urlacher. :oops:

MJZiggy
10-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Packers | Woodson voted GMC Defensive Player of the Week
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:55:33 -0700

The NFL has announced Green Bay Packers CB Charles Woodson was voted the GMC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance Week 6. He recorded four tackles, one interception and two fumble recoveries, including one for a touchdown.

HarveyWallbangers
10-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Packers | Woodson voted GMC Defensive Player of the Week
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:55:33 -0700

The NFL has announced Green Bay Packers CB Charles Woodson was voted the GMC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance Week 6. He recorded four tackles, one interception and two fumble recoveries, including one for a touchdown.

Two? He had one. Hawk had one.

MJZiggy
10-18-2007, 11:04 PM
So KFFL likes their winners to sound good...

woodbuck27
10-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Horraaahhh for Charles Woodson. :)

PACKERS FOREVER.

MadtownPacker
10-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Woodson must feel like he died (raiders) and went to heaven (Packers). I think he is the biggest playmaker on D followed by Barnett.