PDA

View Full Version : Did Tim Donahey Change Zebra Stripes ? A Flippin' Joke

son of a vic
10-16-2007, 06:58 PM
That could not have been a real N.F.L. official out there Sunday, that calls holding after the ball has been thrown, and caught, 30 yards for a TD?
Terry Knucklefudge should be investigated by the league for his performance. Everybody whines and complains about the Packers offense,but add on the four points they lost on the James Jones TD, and Bubba's force out TD, then 28-14 looks like an ass kickin. I was 7 rows up right behind the Redskins bench, and I'll put my weed whacker on it, that the Redskin o-line had a legit Kung Fu grip on at least four occasions, and the yellow snot rag didn't fly.

Just because the Packers won, the masses don't care about Zebra brain farts. I know some calls go for, and against, over the course of 16 games. But is it asking too damn much to be consistant, and only call the penalties that actually take place?

Cleft Crusty
10-16-2007, 07:08 PM
But is it asking too damn much to be consistant, and only call the penalties that actually take place?

Yes.

Joemailman
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Where ya been Vic? Your post is right on. I give kudos to Kampman for not getting overly frustrated with the crap that was going on.

Bretsky
10-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Somebody in here noted the Skins fans felt jilted with several calls. Interesting to note; I didn't see it that way at all

Rastak
10-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Somebody in here noted the Skins fans felt jilted with several calls. Interesting to note; I didn't see it that way at all

Hey, every teams fans whine about the refs. Last year the Vikings seemed like they were held every damn play. Not so much this year. I thought they got the shaft against the Pack, you guys thought you got shafted this week....It's an endless cycle of whining we engage in....... :wink:

BallHawk
10-16-2007, 08:25 PM

They felt that if Pass Interference isn't called on Thrash after his big catch then they score and they put the game away. :roll:

I feel sorry for Zig, she has to live with these people.

:wink:

Freak Out
10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
We got jobbed big time but he's right...a win silences the critics of the convicts pretty fast.

MJZiggy
10-16-2007, 08:28 PM

They felt that if Pass Interference isn't called on Thrash after his big catch then they score and they put the game away. :roll:

I feel sorry for Zig, she has to live with these people.

:wink:

Odd. I haven't heard a word about it...They're like their team. They see the G&G and run the other way...

son of a vic
10-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I just don't get how a force out is a force-out one week, and the next week the same play is out of bounds. At the very least, make the force-out rule reviewable, so they can get it right.

Rastak
10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
I just don't get how a force out is a force-out one week, and the next week the same play is out of bounds. At the very least, make the force-out rule reviewable, so they can get it right.

No, ditch the rule, it's one of the worst in the NFL.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Just because the Packers won, the masses don't care about Zebra brain farts. I know some calls go for, and against, over the course of 16 games. But is it asking too damn much to be consistant, and only call the penalties that actually take place?Nah I think everyone on here was complaining about it.

I didnt watch them game but it sounds like the Bubba TD was more of a push out then olsen's last week. Also the JJ TD that was called back. That took points off the board 2X so those plays severely changed the game.

But since they won I can let it go. 8-)

son of a vic
10-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Where ya been Vic? Your post is right on. I give kudos to Kampman for not getting overly frustrated with the crap that was going on.

One thing I think McCarthy should do more often, is get in the face of an official now and then. Just to let them know he going to chew them a new one if he thinks his team got the shaft. Say what you want, but I think if that official has that in the back of his mind, the flag might not fly on a borderline call.

Fred's Slacks
10-16-2007, 09:18 PM
..., the flag might not fly on a borderline call.

Or a non existent one.

The holding call was one of the most frustrating calls. I understand they aren't going to catch everything and sometimes their going to let guys play and get away with things. But when they call something that never happens, thats what gets me.

son of a vic
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I know this idea has been floated many times before, But isn't it time for officials in the NFL, to commit full time to this very important facet of the integrity of the game? Every other major sport does not have part-time officials. Maybe if they didn't work all damn week, then get in a plane and fly across the country, and have jet lag, they would be more sound of mind and body, to do their PART TIME job!

LEWCWA
10-16-2007, 10:12 PM
I think the force out rule needs to be gone. They should help the D out a little anyhow, as every rule in the bood is for the O. I believe if you don't get 2 in you out no matter what. If your in the air and the defender can push you out Kudos to him! This would take all judgement out of the call!