PDA

View Full Version : Free agents: good, bad, ugly

hoosier
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
As we move past the trading deadline for the 2007 season, the chances of TT making a major move are pretty much on hold till winter. Which of the free agents that were attractive in preseason would still good right now in G&G? Which of the ones that looked good then (to many) would have been disappointments or even disasters? Assume that each would perform the same in GB as they have elsewhere.

The Good: Randy Moss
The Bad: Ahman Green, Daniel Graham, Eric Johson (ESPN says has 23 catches but longest is only 9 yards--can that possibly be right?)
The Ugly: Travis Henry, Dominic Rhodes

Tony Oday
10-16-2007, 08:54 PM
good: Adalius Thomas, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker... DAMN PATS!

KYPack
10-16-2007, 09:05 PM

The best FA on offense, the best on D and Welker to boot.

They could be the best team of all-time.

I don't see any cracks yet. It's a long season, but damn, they are a bitch!

LL2
10-16-2007, 09:29 PM
I hope the Pats go 15-1 and lose in thier first game in the playoffs.

Partial
10-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Welker wasn't a free agent. He was traded. He isn't that good of a receiver. He looks great next to Moss. Kick ass punt returner, though. 2nd to Hester imo

Packers4Glory
10-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Welker wasn't a free agent. He was traded. He isn't that good of a receiver. He looks great next to Moss. Kick ass punt returner, though. 2nd to Hester imo

looks good to me. he's fast and runs good routes. splits defenders nicely.

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Welker is overrated right now. He's a good player, but he's a great #3 receiver on a good team. He's the same as Shaun McDonald, Kevin Curtis, and Mike Furrey.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2007, 11:33 PM
He's the same as Shaun McDonald, Kevin Curtis, and Mike Furrey.Light skinned? :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2007, 11:36 PM
He's the same as Shaun McDonald, Kevin Curtis, and Mike Furrey.Light skinned? :lol:

McDonald isn't white. They are all fast, little guys. Better than the slow, little guys.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2007, 11:39 PM
McDonald has to be half white. Dude isnt much darker then the other guys.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/players/6442.jpg

Tony Oday
10-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Welker is overrated right now. He's a good player, but he's a great #3 receiver on a good team. He's the same as Shaun McDonald, Kevin Curtis, and Mike Furrey.

Welker was good in Miami so I have no idea what you are talking about...

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2007, 11:53 PM

Welker was good in Miami so I have no idea what you are talking about...

I said he was a good player. He was a good #3 in Miami behind Chambers and Booker. He's a good #3 in New England behind Moss and Stallworth. Kevin Curtis is a good player too, and he'd be doing the same thing with New England. I think some think he's better than he is though.

woodbuck27
10-17-2007, 05:38 AM

The best FA on offense, the best on D and Welker to boot.

They could be the best team of all-time.

I don't see any cracks yet. It's a long season, but damn, they are a bitch!

Pats are very strong.

Brady to Moss,Stallworth and Welker is awesome.

They win Super Bowl.

HarveyWallbangers
10-17-2007, 09:13 AM
They win Super Bowl.

That's why they play the game, Woody. Nothing is won on paper.