PDA

View Full Version : The Charles Martin Memorial Patriots Payback Thread

mraynrand
10-16-2007, 11:31 PM
This thread is dedicated to Patriots hate speech. If you need to vent about the Patriots cheating and then rubbing in victories with late touchdowns, vent here. This site is dedicated to the memory of Charles Martin, a man who was dumber than a post, but when Forressst Grreggg told him to get Jim McMahon as payback for the Refrigerator Perry Monday Night 'rub it in' touchdowns, Charles responded with a late cheap shot tackle, effectively resulting in the end of McMahons' career. God rest your soul, Charles Martin. Every time Brady is dumped late or hit harder than is 'league approved' because the Cheatin' Patsies tried to rub it in, we'll remember you.

mraynrand
10-16-2007, 11:33 PM
http://www.lifeinlegacy.com/2005/0205/MartinCharles.jpg

God bless, Charles Martin.

mraynrand
10-16-2007, 11:41 PM
What happens when you taunt people?

http://www.driko.org/smallpics/jimmcmahon.jpg

mraynrand
10-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Charles Martin was remembered for one thing. Here's his Obit to show it:

Ex-Packers DT Charles Martin Dies

posted 01/26/2005

Charles Martin, the former Green Bay defensive end who body-slammed Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon into the turf and ended his season in 1986, has died. He was 46.

Martin, who played for the Packers, Houston Oilers and Atlanta Falcons during his five-year NFL career, died Sunday at Memorial Southwest Hospital in Houston, a hospital spokesman said.

"He probably died from complications of his renal (kidney) disease,'' Dr. Charles Aramburo, Martin's surgeon, told Houston television station KRIV on Tuesday. "We are still waiting for the results from the autopsy which will be definitive.''

In 1986, Martin drove McMahon into the ground after the quarterback had thrown a pass. McMahon was out for the rest of the season with a shoulder injury. Martin was wearing a towel with the numbers of Bears' players on it during the game.

McMahon's No. 9 was at the top of the list. Martin was ejected for a flagrant late hit and suspended for two games.

Martin played for the Packers from 1984-87. He also played for the Oilers in 1987 and the Falcons in 1988. He began his pro football career with the USFL Birmingham Stallions in 1983.

Funeral services are pending with Mabrie Memorial Mortuary in Houston.

Guiness
10-17-2007, 02:45 AM
I remember my absolute total shock when the Pack signed McMahon...it was just wrong. I remember being pissed, cause the last thing I wanted that putz to have was a Packer SB ring!!!

He was a colourful guy though, and a real warrior. You should read about some of the injuries he played through. There was an article in SI talking about him being having two busted hands, and couldn't grip anything too small (could hold a football though)...he said you sure found out who your friends were when he had to take a leak :D :shock: :D

packinpatland
10-17-2007, 07:37 AM
This has absolutely nothing to do with this post other than a similar name.............my cousin is Charlie Martin Smith (American Graffitti)
Ok, that was worth nothing............was a nerd in the movie and has grown up to be more of the same.

packinpatland
10-17-2007, 08:43 AM
I'd not like to see Tom Brady have a career ending injury, just maybe a broken thumb, knee issues, or even a ankle twist. :twisted:

GBRulz
10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Sorry but anyone who purposely takes a cheap shot to end someone's career is just as sorry as the ones taking cheap shots to begin with.

If you are frustrated because of the spying thing, then be mad at the league for not giving them a stiffer penalty. What does taking out Brady's knees accomplish? I don't see him talking smack or being an ass...not like the TO's and Chad Johnson's of the league.

The Patriots have been good, plain and simple. They were agressive in FA and it's certainly paying off for them. I don't understand all of the energy of hate going towards them lately. If Miami scored a late TD at the end of a game to rub it in, nobody would even notice. But, because the Pats have been so dominating, I guess that is the reason people have to hate them.

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Sorry but anyone who purposely takes a cheap shot to end someone's career is just as sorry as the ones taking cheap shots to begin with.

Way to burst MrAynRand's satirical bubble, Church Lady.

GBRulz
10-17-2007, 09:40 AM
HAHA! I can do the church lady "dance" pretty good, actually !!

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2007, 09:54 AM
the internet is in desperate need of a animation or clip of the Superiority Dance. I've looked for that many times.

packinpatland
10-17-2007, 10:19 AM

If you are frustrated because of the spying thing, then be mad at the league for not giving them a stiffer penalty. What does taking out Brady's knees accomplish? I don't see him talking smack or being an ass...not like the TO's and Chad Johnson's of the league.

The Patriots have been good, plain and simple. They were agressive in FA and it's certainly paying off for them. I don't understand all of the energy of hate going towards them lately. If Miami scored a late TD at the end of a game to rub it in, nobody would even notice. But, because the Pats have been so dominating, I guess that is the reason people have to hate them.

GBR, I'd agree with you totally if the Patriots, prior to the whole spying debacle, hadn't taken such a 'high' road, 'America's Team', better than the rest attitude.

Hate is a strong word, but 'intense dislike' is not what I feel for their coach. He's acted like an ass, on the field, at press conferences, and off the field.

And.........................I still think it was a late hit by Bruschi that took Brett out of last year's game............a hit not flagged.

MJZiggy
10-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Much as I get the joke and think it's great, I don't think anyone (except possibly the dude who in his blog just raised the bounty on TB's knees to $30) really wants anyone taking cheap shots to try and cause a career threatening injury. Karma takes care of these things without help from cheap shots.

And I agree with a lot of the vitriol coming from their holier-than-thou attitude all while cheating to win (if they were so great they didn't need to do that) but what's really pissed me off is the "eff you" touchdown. You can say that it would be seen differently if Miami did it, but the truth is that it WOULD be different if Miami did it. Should Miami manage to get into the playoffs (they'd have to play their asses off but for the sake of argument let's say they squeak in, they will NEED the touchdown differential. In a major tiebreaker, it sometimes comes down to point differentials to determine who gets in and how they're seeded. New England doesn't need that. They are dominating anyway, they're just doing it to be assholes and that totally rubs me wrong. It wasn't too long ago that I didn't mind NE so much, but now I find myself actually cheering for Indy to repeat 'cause Tony Dungy would NEVER stand for this kind of shit.

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2007, 11:26 AM
This thread demonstrates that women simply have no place in the world of football.

MJZiggy
10-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Bite me. And not anyplace good either.

MadScientist
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm against cheap shots on Brady. Now if some defensive player happened to be making a tackle out of bounds near the Pats bench and just happened to put his helmet in Bilecheat's face, or roll over his knees, I can't say I'd be too upset.

I might also be inclined to not be offended by a cheap shot on Moss. He's earned it.

oregonpackfan
10-17-2007, 01:10 PM
This thread demonstrates that women simply have no place in the world of football.

Harlan,

You don't want to mess with these women. It could be hazardous to your health! :)

esoxx
10-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Charles Martin was my favorite player in 1986. Vigilante justice prevailed.

packinpatland
10-17-2007, 01:26 PM

Harlan,

You don't want to mess with these women. It could be hazardous to your health! :)

Now, OPF, why would you say that??? :wink:

MJZiggy
10-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Cause he's met us???

MadtownPacker
10-17-2007, 02:11 PM
If any one really hates the patriots so much (I do) then you would want to see them get to the superbowl and lose.

Nothing would hurt more then that.

cheesner
10-17-2007, 02:19 PM
. . . or dumb asses.

mraynrand
10-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Think of it more this way - The Patsies are rubbing in their victories, so when they get to Brady, or tackle anyone, anywhere on the field, they just gotta make sure they hit a little harder, hit a little longer and pound them into the soil, FieldTurf (TM), composite surface, or aluminum bench. Nothing illegal, just good solid smackin' with an extra elbow to the throat. And some very good looking female Packer (or other team's) fan with a raging case of genital herpes might want to consider dating Belichick. If Charles Martin had been a good looking female Packer fan with an STD, I'm sure 'she' would have held back 'her' vomit reflex and dated McMahon.

MasonCrosby
10-17-2007, 08:18 PM
i can't stand the patriots anymore. i hope green bay somehow manages to get to the superbowl and then the defense just blitzes the entire night against brady until he cracks.

retailguy
10-17-2007, 08:37 PM
If any one really hates the patriots so much (I do) then you would want to see them get to the superbowl and lose.

I still hate the Denver Broncos, 10 years later, more than ANY other NFL team, Bears included. :cry:

Iron Mike
10-18-2007, 11:48 AM

I still hate the Denver Broncos, 10 years later, more than ANY other NFL team, Bears included. :cry:

Who, BTW, cheated on the salary cap during the SB years. :bang:

Iron Mike
10-18-2007, 11:56 AM
This has absolutely nothing to do with this post other than a similar name.............my cousin is Charlie Martin Smith (American Graffitti)
Ok, that was worth nothing............was a nerd in the movie and has grown up to be more of the same.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001747/

packinpatland
10-18-2007, 12:08 PM
He's still a 'Toad'.

wpony
10-18-2007, 12:54 PM
I hated McMahon when he was with the bears and was not happy when we got him either but he really was a big help for brett I remember watching Brett before and after and he installed a little bit of the
McMahon confidence in him and taught him its never over till its over and with Brett having ten times more talent than McMahon ever had it made him much more effective . If i was Brett I would give him a gift every xmas lol .

mraynrand
10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
There's a Storm comin' BB. Just keep rubbin' it in. Payback will be a total bitch

http://www.beliefnet.com/imgs/tout/story/NightatMuseum.jpg

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Well said mrayrand.
I hope it's the 'Perfect Storm' coming. :twisted:

MadtownPacker
10-29-2007, 11:52 AM
There's a Storm comin' BB. Just keep rubbin' it in. Payback will be a total bitchThis thread is started to make alot of sense now.

mraynrand
10-29-2007, 11:58 AM
"What do you want us to do, kick a field goal?"

"It's 38-0. It's fourth down. We're just out there playing."

Yep, they're just out there playing.
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2900/e9edd25a21a54d1fbb73676ui7.jpg

packinpatland
10-29-2007, 12:32 PM
At the end of the 2nd period when the Patriots kicked, with 24 seconds on the clock, up by 17-0........was that a squib kick, or a version of an on-side kick? Because it certainly wasn't an all out kick.

mraynrand
10-29-2007, 01:19 PM
What happens when you no longer have access to inside information?

http://www.harpercollins.com/harperimages/isbn/large/6/9780061206726.jpg

mraynrand
10-29-2007, 01:20 PM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://clevelandpress.com/browns9.jpg&imgrefurl=http://clevelandpress.com/browns.htm&h=380&w=322&sz=36&hl=en&start=49&um=1&tbnid=-N2I7fBzoRwgXM:&tbnh=123&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522bill%2Bbelichick%2522%2Bclevelan d%2Bbrowns%26start%3D36%26ndsp%3D18%26svnum%3D10%2 6um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

I guess Romeo didn't know the defensive playcall beforehand on this one.

mraynrand
10-29-2007, 01:22 PM
http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/02/13/1108300978_5619.jpg

Gosh, it looks like the Patriot's defense knew the play better than the Eagles...

Tyrone Bigguns
10-29-2007, 03:58 PM

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001747/

As a kid i remember seeing him in Never Cry Wolf. Excellent bio pic on Farley Mowatt and his studies of the wolf in Alaska.

He was good as the FBI/accountant in The Untouchables.

fan4life
10-29-2007, 04:35 PM
There's a Storm comin' BB. Just keep rubbin' it in. Payback will be a total bitchI predict the storm will hit towards the end of the AFC Championship Game.

esoxx
10-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Payback's a bitch.

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2007, 06:06 PM
As a kid i remember seeing him in Never Cry Wolf. Excellent bio pic on Farley Mowatt and his studies of the wolf in Alaska.

Man, I LOVED that movie. I also loved that tv movie, "To Build a Fire", about the trapper (or whatever he was) who gets caught out in the bitter cold. Something about being in a cozy, warm house and watching poor fucks freeze out on the tundra really floats my boat.

FritzDontBlitz
10-30-2007, 12:04 AM

its gonna happen. if you deliberately run up the score, to me its just as bad as taunting.

would i take a shot at tom brady to knock him out because i thought he was trying to humiliate us? probably. its like an unwritten rule in sports: you dont pile it on because you might regret it later. if bill bellidick wants to risk a career-ending injury to his franchise qb because he's pissed off for being outed as an unscrupulous head coach then he's the one who will have it on his conscience.

oh, i forgot: bill "quasimofo" bellichick doesn't have a conscience.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-30-2007, 08:09 PM

Man, I LOVED that movie. I also loved that tv movie, "To Build a Fire", about the trapper (or whatever he was) who gets caught out in the bitter cold. Something about being in a cozy, warm house and watching poor fucks freeze out on the tundra really floats my boat.

I read all of Mowatt's books when i was a kid.

I don't recall the tv movie of TBAF, but i read all of London as well. That is a great short story.

Continued my frozen theme with a love of Robert Service. If you can't enjoy "The Shooting of Dan McGrew" or "The Cremation of Sam McGee" there is something wrong with you.

The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,
But the queerest they ever did see
Was the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge
I cremated Sam McGee

mraynrand
11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Idle threat wrote:

"But the guy who admires a home run too long will get buzzed with high heat later, and the showboating receiver will get drilled by the safety sometime down the line. Our games have a built-in tendency to self-police selfish behavior. So it's not that surprising that some of us would like to see similar "justice" when a coach acts out of line."

----

Payback time is gonna hurt, and hurt bad. It may not be this year or next, but sometime it will happen. There will be some players who get pissed off and will hit very hard possibly very late. I'm not saying they should orr that it's right, just that it's going to happen.