PDA

View Full Version : Favre Wants To Play 2 Positions Next Year

Scott Campbell
04-01-2006, 01:33 PM
QB & GM. This is turning out to be quite the power struggle.

MJZiggy
04-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Don't we have to have TT standing firm on something to call it a power struggle? Every time someone brings up the deadline he starts in with "Deadline? We ain't got no stinkin' deadline!"

BF4MVP
04-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Don't we have to have TT standing firm on something to call it a power struggle? Every time someone brings up the deadline he starts in with "Deadline? We ain't got no stinkin' deadline!"
I've never seen The Treasure of the Sierra Madre..Is it good?

MJZiggy
04-01-2006, 09:37 PM
I haven't either. I just like that line.

b bulldog
04-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Brett needs to go mow more lawns this next summer and fall.

MJZiggy
04-01-2006, 09:50 PM
He said he's done after this year so our little Hall of Famer will be out of your hair after we kick some NFC booty this year.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Don't we have to have TT standing firm on something to call it a power struggle?

I believe Ted is standing firm. He hasn't altered his free agent strategy one bit to bend to the will of Brett.

MJZiggy
04-02-2006, 11:22 AM
You do have a point there.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 11:24 AM
The part I wonder about is, what will it take to make Brett happy? Has he given them a list of guys to go after? Or his request just general in nature?

MJZiggy
04-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I've often wondered that myself. What is in those conversations that Brett and TT and M3 have.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 12:19 PM
In 19 or 20 years I anticipate standing in line at Barnes and Noble for the tell all Thompson Autobiograhy.

Harlan Huckleby
04-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I think Favre's "I'm only gonna play one year, max" comment is the last straw. And i'm not criticizing Favre, he is just being honest.

The team has to move-on. They should make EVERY decision assuming Favre is not coming back. Including retaining Nall - whups, too late. If Favre does decide to play, well, fit him back in somehow.

I don't think Favre's heart is into it. As Cliff Christl pointed out, this team's roster talent will be fuzzy until well into training camp. Favre is just having trouble saying goodbye to football.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 12:34 PM
I think Favre's "I'm only gonna play one year, max" comment is the last straw. And i'm not criticizing Favre, he is just being honest.

The team has to move-on. They should make EVERY decision assuming Favre is not coming back. Including retaining Nall - whups, too late. If Favre does decide to play, well, fit him back in somehow.

I don't think Favre's heart is into it. As Cliff Christl pointed out, this team's roster talent will be fuzzy until well into training camp. Favre is just having trouble saying goodbye to football.

I think you also need to consider what kind of message you'd be sending to the other top players on the team if you let Favre dictate how you operate in the off-season. He's a player - not the GM.

Do you want Mark Tausher griping to the media becuase you didn't sign the guard he wants to line up to? Do you want Nick Barnett dragging his feet on a contract extension because the DT you signed wasn't fat enough to keep blockers off him?

Where will it end?

HarveyWallbangers
04-02-2006, 12:41 PM
For God's sakes, Scott, edit the title of this thread with Brett's name spelled correctly.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 12:59 PM
For God's sakes, Scott, edit the title of this thread with Brett's name spelled correctly.

I'm feel so ashamed.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 01:08 PM

On second thought, don't blame me. Blame Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandmother Farve, who mispelled the dang thing on some ancestors birth certificate.

Fosco33
08-01-2008, 01:53 AM
:lol: