PDA

View Full Version : NFL Shoots Down Bronco MNF Shift

CaliforniaCheez
10-17-2007, 07:58 AM
125,000 fans in town: two sports, one night
By Bill Williamson
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 10/17/2007 01:39:30 AM MDT

The Broncos have inquired about the possibility of changing their Oct. 29 Monday night home game against Green Bay to the day before because of a potential conflict of the Rockies hosting Game 5 of the World Series.

Because of league and television logistics, the NFL told the Broncos the game must remain as originally scheduled. The only time the NFL makes date switches is if there is a venue conflict.

If neither team sweeps the first four games of the World Series, Invesco Field at Mile High and Coors Field could be packed at the same time. Game 5 of the World Series is set to start at 6 p.m. About two miles away, across I-25, the Broncos are set to kick off against Brett Favre and the Packers 30 minutes later.

"We approached the NFL about it because we're open to options," said Jim Saccomano, Broncos vice president of public relations. "We understand many of our fans are Rockies fans as well, and it may not be possible for everybody to watch both games. But it is going to be a great night for Denver sports fans."

Football should be stopped for nothing. I dislike this recent whimpyness over lightning where refs and players run away and the fans sit and wait for them to get their nerve up to return.

Denver could be worried about attendance figures,

PlantPage55
10-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Okay. It's baseball....vs......Football.

Football is the greatest sport, by far. Everyone knows this. It should be moved for NOTHING. :lol: :wink:

Lurker64
10-17-2007, 08:38 AM
This is immaterial because the Rockies are going to sweep anyway. I'm not sure they're ever going to lose another game.

Bretsky
10-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Who cares about the Rockies; once the Yankees and Cubs were outsted peace was in my home. I have not watched over a one inning span of the playoffs since.

cpk1994
10-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Who cares about the Rockies; once the Yankees and Cubs were outsted peace was in my home. I have not watched over a one inning span of the playoffs since.The fans in Denver care. Hecne the reason why the Broncoes asked the NFL to move the game.

LL2
10-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Traffic problems in Denver that night..it would be great if it snowed too!

ZachMN
10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Okay. It's baseball....vs......Football.

Football is the greatest sport, by far. Everyone knows this. It should be moved for NOTHING. :lol: :wink:

I agree completely- pussy baseball players missing games for what a hangnail?? sore (insert body part here) ???? Pussies.........

Rastak
10-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Who cares about the Rockies; once the Yankees and Cubs were outsted peace was in my home. I have not watched over a one inning span of the playoffs since.The fans in Denver care. Hecne the reason why the Broncoes asked the NFL to move the game.

I'm sure they do, but given the nature of baseball, and Donald Fehr........they can shove it straight up their arses.

I'd help baseball when hell froze over. FU Orza and Fehr. Fans are about #57 on their list so F 'em.

AtlPackFan
10-17-2007, 08:50 PM

I'm sure they do, but given the nature of baseball, and Donald Fehr........they can shove it straight up their arses.

I'd help baseball when hell froze over. FU Orza and Fehr. Fans are about #57 on their list so F 'em.

57??? You think they are that high??? :roll:

4and12to12and4
10-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Who cares about the Rockies; once the Yankees and Cubs were outsted peace was in my home. I have not watched over a one inning span of the playoffs since.

:knll:

Rastak
10-17-2007, 09:16 PM

57??? You think they are that high??? :roll:

Sorry, I guess I got carried away, they might be alot lower.

:)

BallHawk
10-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Two things Rastak has a burning hatred for..... Baseball and the Force Out Rule. :lol:

Rastak
10-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Two things Rastak has a burning hatred for..... Baseball and the Force Out Rule. :lol:

I used to love baseball pre 1994 or so....but I've always hated the force out rule...... :)

3irty1
10-17-2007, 11:31 PM
WOW there is a lot of baseball hate here... I love baseball and I'm going to continue watching enough post season to make up for all of you.

Everybody can say what they want but the Rockies going to the world series is a big deal. A bigger deal than the Broncos.

Will the Packer game get blacked out when all the Colorado sports fans go to Coors instead?

GrnBay007
10-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Didn't the Packers switch the time of a game one year due to a conflict with another game in Green Bay? I don't remember if it was HS or college. Maybe it was a preseason game though...don't remember, but it was pretty recent.

]{ilr]3
10-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Didn't the Packers switch the time of a game one year due to a conflict with another game in Green Bay? I don't remember if it was HS or college. Maybe it was a preseason game though...don't remember, but it was pretty recent.

Very recently they switched a Friday night game because of high school football.

I think your right, it was a Pre-season game.