PDA

View Full Version : I'm now officially on board with M3

outflow
10-17-2007, 01:15 PM
You probably don't care, as I'm not on here much.

Up to this point, I've never had any real strong feelings for or against McCarthy.

But I watched Woodson's fumble recovery for a touchdown on the NFL channel's replay of the game. I tell you what, he has it. Watch his reaction during the sound bite portion right before the commercial. Now, I defintely don't agree with his playcalling alot of times, but thats fine, he's young, inexperienced and it's going to happen. Now, couple M3's "charisma" with Brett Favre's influence/charisma on the field and it's the perfect mix for a young, developing football team. Sherman didn't have it, and Ray Rhodes didn't have it. But I'm really thinking M3 does.

Also, I've always thought he's been spot on in all of his post game interviews/transcripts.

Tarlam!
10-17-2007, 01:16 PM
I care.

HarveyWallbangers
10-17-2007, 01:19 PM
What took you so long?
:bump:

outflow
10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
What took you so long?
:bump:

I typically don't jump on any bandwagon. It takes me a long time to get on one and takes me a long time to get off one (you need to prove it not be some flash in the pan). To me a head coach needs to have it. Make the players believe in the scheme and motivate them to play within a team at a high level of play. You can always leave the X's and O's to the assistants (some good assistants are best left as an assistant).

MJZiggy
10-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Nice to have you on board. :five: Anyone else wanna jump on the M3 Power Wagon while we're here?

MadtownPacker
10-17-2007, 02:08 PM
You probably don't care, as I'm not on here much.
Actually the people that are on here too much are the ones I dont care about. :lol:

I was watching the replay too. The look in M3's eyes when he saw what happened was some funny shit. Lit up like he just saw a fat steak or some bigtime honeys.

THe guy is just about football.

Merlin
10-17-2007, 02:16 PM
I didn't like the Sherman firing because it seemed to me that 3T was going to fire him regardless of the outcome of the 2005 season. He should have let him go right away instead of playing that game. At first I was upset about the credentials with McCarthy. He really didn't have much back ground in success accept for coaching QB's. Otherwise he his offenses were mediocre at best and his most recent job was with one of the worst teams in the league. What was really interesting is that McCarthy played a big role in the selection of Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers for the 49er's. I wasn't high on either QB and I think they both will be mediocre at best in the NFL. Smith can't even stay on the field.

After I calmed down, I gave it a chance to see his on field presence and since the first time I saw him on the field, I was convinced. He reminded me a little of Holmgren when he first came here with his reactions. I don't agree with his play calling the last 6 quarters but he will learn.

bbbffl66
10-17-2007, 02:26 PM
I also want to climb aboard. I admit I was uneasy at first, seeing M3's resume, but he seems to have instilled an attitude on the team. He looks like the real deal.
But what do I know? I thought UW hiring Bo Ryan was a huge mistake! :oops:

Carolina_Packer
10-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I've finally come around to thinking that coach Lombardi, well, he was pretty good; sometimes even excellent. The jury is still out on Holmgren.

oregonpackfan
10-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Any old-timer here want to bring back Dan Devine? :)

Joemailman
10-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I think Scooter McLean got a bum rap.

Freak Out
10-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Curley was the Bomb.

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2007, 05:44 PM

hah! We had this argument in a game day thread a few weeks ago. I made point that Devine was a great success (after Packers) at Notre Dame, winning a nationl championship and many bowl games.

Shadow threatened to poison my dog. And then it got ugly.

Partial
10-17-2007, 05:52 PM
I really like McCarthy as a coach. I think he has "it"

The Shadow
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM

hah! We had this argument in a game day thread a few weeks ago. I made point that Devine was a great success (1.after Packers) at Notre Dame, winning a nationl championship and many bowl games.

1. Then it don't count! Don't count! Don't Don't Don't Don't COUNT!
2. Never! I love that bitch!

retailguy
10-17-2007, 06:14 PM

hah! We had this argument in a game day thread a few weeks ago. I made point that Devine was a great success (1.after Packers) at Notre Dame, winning a nationl championship and many bowl games.

1. Then it don't count! Don't count! Don't Don't Don't Don't COUNT!
2. Never! I love that bitch!

Do you think the fine folks in Cleveland think it "doesn't count" that Bellichek was successful AFTER he got fired there? You're probably right Shadow, those guys in Cleveland NEVER think "What could have been?"... :roll:

BF4MVP
10-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Just because Dan Devine was a successful college coach doesn't mean he was worth a shit as an NFL coach..

Case-in-point: Steve Spurrier..Tremendously successful at Florida, then sucked when he coached the Redskins, and now he's successful in college again, this time with South Carolina.

BF4MVP
10-17-2007, 06:28 PM
PS I say fire McCarthy and bring back Lindy Infante!! Dude was able to lead his 0-10 Colts to victory over the NFC Champion Packers in '97 so he must be pretty good..Plus his record with the Pack speaks for itself. :lol:

Nah, I like Coach McCarthy..Right now he is the best of the head coaches who were hired in '06..Definite candidate for Coach of the Year at this point..Yes, he does have "it" and I hope he's the guy for a long time..Hopefully Ted can get him locked up long term after this season because next year is the last year of his contract.

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Bring Back Divine!

http://luiz.bitacoras.com/divine.jpg

3irty1
10-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I like MM every time he wins a game. So far thats more often than not.

Freak Out
10-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Winning gets people on board.

mmmdk
10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
I think McCarthy is an above HC and the bandwagon is right outside my porch - but I haven't jumped onboard yet. I guess it's due to the lapses in play calling that has me questioning that a NFL championship is right around the corner. It's all about winning the big one, if not, then why not have a "Jerry Glanville" type of coach? - to humor us all!?

Yet, I don't blame anyone that they believe in McCarthy - he's doing a good job.

ZachMN
10-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I,ve been onboard with MM for a while. The team exhibits none of the malaise that existed when Sherman was here. Sure he's made some mistakes playcalling but he's a red ass and I like it. Our team has an attitude and it starts with him.

the_idle_threat
10-18-2007, 02:46 AM
Bring Back Divine!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious movie, but don't watch it just after dinner ...

woodbuck27
10-18-2007, 06:28 AM
He works his butt off.

He is learning to be a HC.That will take awhile.

He seems nervous often to me. Guess that is OK and to be expected too.

MM does make mistakes in play calling but that will improve.

He is doing fine.

HarveyWallbangers
10-18-2007, 09:17 AM
He seems nervous often to me.

Maybe the fact he isn't stellar in media conferences gives that feeling. If you watch any of the behind the scenes video (like that NFL.com video in another thread), you'll see a guy who doesn't lack confidence, at all. In fact, I first liked him after the training camp video last year. He seems like he's strong and confident, but also keeps the game fun for his players.

ahaha
10-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Bring Back Divine!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious movie, but don't watch it just after dinner ...

Unless you find dog s@#t appetizing. How much is that doggie in the window? Arf, Arf.

gbgary
10-18-2007, 11:43 AM
He seems nervous often to me.

Maybe the fact he isn't stellar in media conferences gives that feeling. If you watch any of the behind the scenes video (like that NFL.com video in another thread), you'll see a guy who doesn't lack confidence, at all. In fact, I first liked him after the training camp video last year. He seems like he's strong and confident, but also keeps the game fun for his players.

maybe it's because his eyes go in two different directions. :wink: i'm still pissed about the second half of the bear game but i'm definitely on-board the MM wagon...i'm standing on the running board ready to jump off at any time, but i'm on board.

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00186/Marty_Feldman_ameri_186080m.jpg

Scott Campbell
10-18-2007, 07:38 PM
He works his butt off.

He is doing fine.

Agreed. And it looks like quite a find by your bud Ted Thompson.

Nice job Turtle!

The Shadow
10-19-2007, 04:46 PM
He works his butt off.

He is doing fine.

Agreed. And it looks like quite a find by your bud Ted Thompson.

Nice job Turtle!

:P :D :P :D

Noodle
10-19-2007, 06:33 PM
I was also in the WTF camp when TT brought in M3. But besides that stupid "Packer people" bit, he has shown terrific skills for the HC job.

My definition of a great coach is a guy who makes the best of what he has. He'll beat your'n with his'un and his'un with your'n. M3 can do that. He has a strong preference for run, I think, but the dude knows we blow there, so he's crafted game plans that fit the players, rather than trying to make the players do stuff they can't.

I think he will only get better. This may well be the best signing that TT ever inks.