PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker to have Surgery

pittstang5
10-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Walker to have knee surgery, expected to miss 'a few weeks'
Associated Press

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker will undergo surgery on his right knee on Friday and will be out for "a few weeks," coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday.

Walker missed the Broncos' past two games because of swelling in the knee, but practiced Monday and Wednesday.

"Javon's not feeling very good," Shanahan said. "He'll get operated on tomorrow in Houston, so he'll be out for a few weeks."

Shanahan didn't have a precise timetable for Walker's return.

Copyright 2007 by The Associate Press

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I was looking forward to seeing Harris shut Walker down.

RashanGary
10-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Javon Walker before 30

2 - 1000 yard seasons
3,300 total yards
1 - probowl appearance

That is it. Next year he'll be 30.

gbpackfan
10-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I suspect this means we won't have to deal with him. Good! He's giant donkey but still a very good WR.

4and12to12and4
10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Same knee?

4and12to12and4
10-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Good timing for us.

4and12to12and4
Are we gonna be favored in this game?

packers11
Same knee?

"While Walker is much younger than Terry Glenn, we've seen that players with knee troubles (and wideouts in particular) struggle to return after multiple surgeries on the same knee. This is the same right knee Walker had reconstructed in 2005. "

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=101921&id=1741

4and12to12and4
10-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Boy, TT sure does look smarter and smarter, Javon out, Ahman can't stay healthy, etc. etc..

BallHawk
10-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Kinda wanted him to play and get manhandled by Harris and the rest of our secondary.

Oh well, life goes on.

Rastak
10-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Kinda wanted him to play and get manhandled by Harris and the rest of our secondary.

Oh well, life goes on.

I wanted him to play because he's on my fantasy team..... :wink:

Maxie the Taxi
10-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Maybe, as Harlan says, God is on our side this year.

Scott Campbell
10-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Get well soon Javon!

:taunt:

mraynrand
10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Get well soon Javon!

:taunt:

LOL

MadtownPacker
10-18-2007, 08:43 PM
What a punk ass bitch. This shows what happens when you run your mouth and dont back it up. I wish so damn bad he would have played. Now he will cry that he would have been the difference maker.

Last year he was quick to bring up that his old team was struggling. Sure would like his opinion on the Packers this years.

Oh yeah, the Pack better win this game.

Carolina_Packer
10-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Heck, they are averaging about 15 points per game, which is really surprising, and are being out-averaged in points per game by Miami (oy!) and Minnesota (sorry Rastak, love AP though). Cutler is averaging an interception for each of his starts in his short tenure, and the run defense sucks. Now Javon going down.

Still, better bring your A-game, or it could be another Bears outcome.

MadtownPacker
10-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Javon Walker before 30

2 - 1000 yard seasons
3,300 total yards
1 - probowl appearance

That is it. Next year he'll be 30.When JTalk asked for an out and left to denver I was pissed because I was sure he was going to dominate like he was starting to at the end of 2003 and then in the start 2004. These numbers show me that I was wrong. I am very surprised by them. What the hell has he been doing this whole time?

Partial
10-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Misleading figures. He was an absolute beast last year. Didn't start in the league until 26.

Kiwon
10-18-2007, 09:35 PM
You know Walker would want to be out there playing against his old team and QB. He'd love to be able to help defeat the Pack.

Instead, he'll be standing on the sidelines unable to play and watch his team lose. That'll sting worse than being healthy and out on the field.

Freak Out
10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
I hated how the Walker thing ended in GB....but he's gone so fuck him. I do know that when #4 threw up a jump ball he went out and got it most times and that does not happen with our guys now...at least yet.

HarveyWallbangers
10-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Misleading figures. He was an absolute beast last year. Didn't start in the league until 26.

He was 24 when he came into the league. He wasn't an absolute beast last year either. He was solid, but a full notch below "absolute beast" level.

Partial
10-18-2007, 09:42 PM

He was 24 when he came into the league. He wasn't an absolute beast last year either. He was solid, but a full notch below "absolute beast" level.

I thought he was older than that. Perhaps not. At any rate, with a subpar quarterback he put up 150 on the ground on end arounds, and had 1000+ yards and 8 touchdowns despite having a rookie quarterback for much of the season. Plus, he is on a run-first team. He had a pretty darn good year.

Packers4Ever
10-18-2007, 09:46 PM
What a punk ass bitch. This shows what happens when you run your mouth and dont back it up. I wish so damn bad he would have played. Now he will cry that he would have been the difference maker.

Last year he was quick to bring up that his old team was struggling. Sure would like his opinion on the Packers this years.

Oh yeah, the Pack better win this game.

Hey Mad !! Send Javon a get-well card with a newspaper
clipping after the game. (which we won, of course) :five:

RashanGary
10-18-2007, 10:23 PM
I think he was 24, but turned 25 shortly after the season started.

Walkers best years were probably that one half of year in GB, the full year and then the one game where he looked like an absolute beast.

Now he's getting older and his knees don't seem to be the most stable.

I would bet that Jennings has a more productive NFL career than Javon Walker. Sure, Javon is physically imposing (in his prime), but if you don't play, you can't help your team. I guess Jennings can be lumped in that category too, but I think Jennings will get over this little bump in the road. I'm not so sure about Javon (mostly because of age)

The Leaper
10-19-2007, 08:37 AM
These numbers show me that I was wrong. I am very surprised by them. What the hell has he been doing this whole time?

That is easy Mad. The difference isn't Javon...the difference is Favre vs. Cutler. Who would you rather have throwing you the ball? That little part of the equation was one that Walker seemed to forget in his greedy pout.

Maxie the Taxi
10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Latest from Rotoworld.com...

"When asked Thursday Javon Walker (knee surgery) might miss the rest of the season, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan responded "I have no idea."

"How quickly he comes back I'm not really sure," Shanahan said. The Rocky Mountain News speculates that with Walker out indefinitely, Selvin Young could be used to split out wide more and Tony Scheffler's role may increase. The Broncos' lack of depth at receiver is really going to be exposed now."
Source: Rocky Mountain News

MadtownPacker
10-19-2007, 11:05 AM
These numbers show me that I was wrong. I am very surprised by them. What the hell has he been doing this whole time?

That is easy Mad. The difference isn't Javon...the difference is Favre vs. Cutler. Who would you rather have throwing you the ball? That little part of the equation was one that Walker seemed to forget in his greedy pout.Oh I know, I just want to help point out how shitty his career is now. :D

woodbuck27
10-19-2007, 01:09 PM

That is easy Mad. The difference isn't Javon...the difference is Favre vs. Cutler. Who would you rather have throwing you the ball? That little part of the equation was one that Walker seemed to forget in his greedy pout.Oh I know, I just want to help point out how shitty his career is now. :D

He was certainly dominant in a game I saw earlier this season Mad.

PACKERS FOREVER !!

Partial
10-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I think he was 24, but turned 25 shortly after the season started.

Walkers best years were probably that one half of year in GB, the full year and then the one game where he looked like an absolute beast.

Now he's getting older and his knees don't seem to be the most stable.

I would bet that Jennings has a more productive NFL career than Javon Walker. Sure, Javon is physically imposing (in his prime), but if you don't play, you can't help your team. I guess Jennings can be lumped in that category too, but I think Jennings will get over this little bump in the road. I'm not so sure about Javon (mostly because of age)

He is 28. He had a good year last year. Coming off an ACL tear.

MadtownPacker
10-19-2007, 08:39 PM
He was certainly dominant in a game I saw earlier this season Mad.Like you said, in A game. It is week six and there has been 5-6 games played by each team. Unless he is able to dominate at cheerleading he is useless to denver now.

GBRulz
10-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Javon is happy now, all he ever cared about was the money.

I still wish he was playing though. A victory against the Bronco's would just be that much sweeter with him on the field.

Partial
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
He was certainly dominant in a game I saw earlier this season Mad.Like you said, in A game. It is week six and there has been 5-6 games played by each team. Unless he is able to dominate at cheerleading he is useless to denver now.

Can't fault a guy for being hurt, though. Like Jennings (but much moreso), he is an animal when he is on the field.

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Can't fault a guy for being hurt, though. Like Jennings (but much moreso), he is an animal when he is on the field.

Jennings has been nicked up. Javon has had two surgeries on his knee. Also, he's 29 years old.

Partial
10-20-2007, 01:29 AM

Jennings has been nicked up. Javon has had two surgeries on his knee. Also, he's 29 years old.

I wasn't comparing them, just saying that you can't fault a guy for getting hurt when they're going all out all the time. Both seem hungry to get back on the field.

Him8123
10-20-2007, 08:59 AM
kinda funny how he somehow gets injured right before he faces his old team for the first time since he left. what a punk, good riddance

Partial
10-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Well he has missed the past two games.

KYPack
10-20-2007, 03:44 PM

Don't ever get on MTP's bad side, guy's got a memory like an elephant.

Walker is also pretty old news now. He left us in the lurch, and he's pretty well over by now.

I like to see Walker fail, 'cause I hate Shanny the Rat from SB32!

Guiness
10-20-2007, 04:04 PM
much as I would also like to see us beat the Broncos with him on the field, it's very good for us that he's not playing.

He is their clear #1, and of course any team is weaker without their top receiver. And I'd hate to see him consider it a grudge match, and put up a career day...couple hundred yards and a TD or two. Ya, our CB's are good, but he's capable of blowing things wide open.

retailguy
10-20-2007, 04:18 PM
much as I would also like to see us beat the Broncos with him on the field, it's very good for us that he's not playing.

He is their clear #1, and of course any team is weaker without their top receiver. And I'd hate to see him consider it a grudge match, and put up a career day...couple hundred yards and a TD or two. Ya, our CB's are good, but he's capable of blowing things wide open.

BUT HE'S 29! Can't you read. HE'S 29. :wink:

Seriously, I couldn't agree more. 'Tis a very good thing he's not playing.

Scott Campbell
10-20-2007, 05:53 PM
That's it. I'm officially tabbing him with the injury prone label. The guy has missed a lot of games in the last 3 years.

HarveyWallbangers
10-20-2007, 06:59 PM

29 with two knee surgeries under his belt. I'm glad we aren't paying $6M/year for the next 5 years.

Rastak
10-20-2007, 07:51 PM

29 with two knee surgeries under his belt. I'm glad we aren't paying $6M/year for the next 5 years.

Can't argue with that logic.