PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Ducks Lost 3rd receiver

oregonpackfan
10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Oregon sophomore Derrick Jones was suspended from the team indefinitely for "Violation of team rules." Unconfirmed reports claim it was the culmination of off the field incidents involving Jones.

In the past weeks, the Ducks lost starting receivers Brian Paysinger and Cameron Colvin to season-ending injuries. The loss of Jones will be the 3rd starting receiver the Ducks have lost. Some of you who saw the Michigan-Oregon game saw what he was capable of doing.

A couple of weeks ago, co-starting tailback Jeremiah Johnson also suffered a season-ending injury. He was highly effective in running in the open field after receiving a short pass.

Coach Belloti announced that true freshman receiver Aaron Pflugrad would start and that junior college transfer Terrance Scott would receiver his first "playing time" rather than redshirt.

Ranked as high as 7th in one poll, the Ducks' spread offense is severely hindered by losing 3 starting receivers and a tailback. Unlike some of the very deep SEC teams, the Ducks' reserves do not have the backup talent.

It will be very interesting to see if the Ducks had adapt to the losses of personnel. They play Washington at Seattle today.

digitaldean
10-21-2007, 01:21 PM
OPF, a few questions on the Ore-Wash game and the Pac-10 in general

1.) Was it as much of a see-saw game as I saw on the ticker last night?

2.) What the heck has happened to Cal? They have hit the dumper the last couple of games. i thought with a gimpy Cowan for UCLA that they'd take care of business.

3.) Lastly, how many different uniforms/helmets do the Ducks have??? Last night I saw all white helmets and uni's in the Sports Center highlights??

oregonpackfan
10-21-2007, 04:56 PM
OPF, a few questions on the Ore-Wash game and the Pac-10 in general

1.) Was it as much of a see-saw game as I saw on the ticker last night?

2.) What the heck has happened to Cal? They have hit the dumper the last couple of games. i thought with a gimpy Cowan for UCLA that they'd take care of business.

3.) Lastly, how many different uniforms/helmets do the Ducks have??? Last night I saw all white helmets and uni's in the Sports Center highlights??

Dean,

Here are my observations to your questons:

1. Yes, the game was indeed see-saw until the middle of the 4th quarter.
At one point in the 3rd quarter, the game was tied at 31. Then the Ducks pulled away. Like most Pac-10 teams, neither side played defense very well. The Ducks had 642 total yards of offense! I cannot recall how many yards the Huskies had.

2. I am not sure what has happened to Cal. I do know they have incredible speed for the skills position players on offense. DeShawn Jackson is truly phenonmenal. Like most Pac-10 teams, their defense is average at best.

3. I am told the Ducks have something like 95 different uniform combinations. The colors range from combinations of green, white, mustard yellow, and black. The special, sparkly green paint for their helmets is $1,200 a gallon!

They have a close relationship with Nike. Its co-founder is Phil Knight, a grad of U. of O. He has showered scores of millions of dollars on the Oregon athletic department. The Ducks locker room is state of the art with plasma TV's special carpeting, etc.