PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis quotes - wow

Rastak
10-21-2007, 11:19 AM
From PFT.com......

Check out some of this.....man, long overdue......

NO MORE STINKO FROM OCHO CINCO?

Bengals receiver Chad Johnson hears the criticism of his antics, which an increasing number of people believe undermine the goals of his team.

And now Johnson vows to tone it down.

"I'm all about fun and entertainment," Johnson told Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com on Friday. "But when you try to lump me in that category as selfish and all this other stuff, no. I've got to turn it into a positive.

"The only way to do that is out there on Sunday. Believe me, I am. No celebrations, no entertainment."

And Bengals coach Marvin Lewis finally sounds like a guy who isn't going to tolerate any longer the antics of Johnson, a former junior college player who is living up to the reputation of guys who are forced to go the junior college route.

"My job is to get the junior college guys to act like they've gone to Notre Dame and Michigan," Lewis said. "As we go, we'll continue to get more of those stable guys. But unfortunately, that's what we're dealing with -- a bunch of junior college guys."
Meanwhile, we'll believe that Johnson has changed when we see that he has changed. Until then, we'll rely on the wisdom of Emmitt Smith, who said last months that "you cannot change the stripes of a leopard."

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 11:21 AM
CJ is a fun guy, but he should know that it's time to shut up and get better when you are losing like they are.

b bulldog
10-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Agree but Chad's antics are fun, unlike what Owens does.

Him8123
10-21-2007, 06:27 PM
"you cannot change the stripes of a leopard."

leopards dont have stripes