PDA

View Full Version : Bye week football games thread

Rastak
10-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Here it is, your one stop shop for all the games today, except for the Packers, HH has that covered elsewhere, assuming he got the antenae fixed.

Locally I've got the Lions game or the Pats gave available.....I think it'll be the Lions......go Bucs!

Rastak
10-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Mark Clayton has leg bent the wrong way......OUCH......

Patler
10-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Here it is, your one stop shop for all the games today, except for the Packers, HH has that covered elsewhere, assuming he got the antenae fixed.

Locally I've got the Lions game or the Pats gave available.....I think it'll be the Lions......go Bucs!

Go Philly!

Go Cowboys! (Sorry Rastak!)

Rastak
10-21-2007, 12:10 PM

Go Philly!

Actually, a win by the Vikings might help the Packers more. The Cowboys are the better team and the Pack has a 5-1 record....wouldn't it help the Packers playoff seedings more to have Dallas lose?

cpk1994
10-21-2007, 12:11 PM

Go Philly!

Actually, a win by the Vikings might help the Packers more. The Cowboys are the better team and the Pack has a 5-1 record....wouldn't it help the Packers playoff seedings more to have Dallas lose?Or Green Bay could just beat Dallas themselves later this season.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 12:12 PM

Go Philly!

Actually, a win by the Vikings might help the Packers more. The Cowboys are the better team and the Pack has a 5-1 record....wouldn't it help the Packers playoff seedings more to have Dallas lose?Or Green Bay could just beat Dallas themselves later this season.

Right, but wouldn't it help them if the Cowboys lost both games?
It comes down to if you think the Vikings are some sort of threat to the NFC North.....if not, why wouldn't you want the Cowboys to lose?

cpk1994
10-21-2007, 12:15 PM

Go Philly!

It comes down to if you think the Vikings are some sort of threat to the NFC North.....if not, why wouldn't you want the Cowboys to lose?True, but they need to get the division first. Conference second. Need losses from all other teams in division untl they are eliminated.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 12:17 PM

Go Philly!

It comes down to if you think the Vikings are some sort of threat to the NFC North.....if not, why wouldn't you want the Cowboys to lose?True, but they need to get the division first. Conference second. Need losses from all other teams in division untl they are eliminated.

Fair enough.....I'm not sure the Vikings are a threat to the division, but then again if they could get some sort of passing game going they might be...in which case I agree, then it would make sense to pull for Dallas.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Errol Mann with the FG.......Lions up by 3

Lurker64
10-21-2007, 12:26 PM
This Lions v. Bucs game is pretty crazy, I have a bad feeling that the Lions will win though.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 12:31 PM
This Lions v. Bucs game is pretty crazy, I have a bad feeling that the Lions will win though.

Maybe, Bucs are driving......

oops, I opened my mouth too soon.....

Lurker64
10-21-2007, 12:31 PM

Maybe, Bucs are driving......

And a fumble... The miscues keep coming.

Patler
10-21-2007, 12:33 PM

Go Philly!

Fair enough.....I'm not sure the Vikings are a threat to the division, but then again if they could get some sort of passing game going they might be...in which case I agree, then it would make sense to pull for Dallas.

Those are all good points. My philosophy is to never pull for anyone in the same division until I am sure they are not a threat. I worry about the rest later!

The Vikings could come on. If they really start featuring their run game, the passing game will improve. Their defense is certainly capable.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Lions up by 10.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Better let this thread die due to lack of interest.....

Him8123
10-21-2007, 12:57 PM
bye weeks suck for viewing purposes. Ive got the pats and dolphins boring, not even a game just another blow out. and Arizona and Washington which is semi interesting. I want to see the Dallas and Minny game and Philly and Chicago thats what I`m looking forward to.

Him8123
10-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Tampa and Detroit should be a good one.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 01:00 PM
bye weeks suck for viewing purposes. Ive got the pats and dolphins boring, not even a game just another blow out. and Arizona and Washington which is semi interesting. I want to see the Dallas and Minny game and Philly and Chicago thats what I`m looking forward to.

Both are interesting games...probably Chi-Phi moreso.....except for me of course....Dal-Minny is the top game of the day.

Pats are just thrashing the hapless Dolphins.....

digitaldean
10-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Hope CBS switches to a different game. Miami is making this one a wretched game to watch.

Pittsburgh and Indy are the only ones that could stop New England (if they don't stop themselves). AFC East is horribly bad.

New England could clinch before Thanksgiving Day at the rate this is going.

BTW, RIP Max thanks for the memories!!

packers11
10-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Miami is a joke...

What the hell is going on with the RAVENS...

Tampa is shooting themselves in the foot...

Washington is rolling (figured)...

And the Saints could be looking at two wins in a row...

digitaldean
10-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Vikes vs. Cowboys could be interesting to watch.

Would like to see Minny get knocked off though. We aren't going to get any help from Tampa Bay, that's for sure.

Go Eagles!

Rastak
10-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Garcia looking okay....man, the Vikings were stupid not to give him a bunch of money in a one year deal.......

Rastak
10-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Vikes vs. Cowboys could be interesting to watch.

Would like to see Minny get knocked off though. We aren't going to get any help from Tampa Bay, that's for sure.

Go Eagles!

With the Cowboys being at home it would be a pretty big upset if Minnesota won.

packers11
I guess the packers knocked some sense into the Giants...

They are just rolling through people now...

soon to be 20-7...

Lurker64
Tampa's sure moving the ball at will, do they actually have a good offense or is the Lions defense really that questionable?

packers11
10-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Can they end the patriots game now... this is so embarrassing...

Rastak
10-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Tampa's sure moving the ball at will, do they actually have a good offense or is the Lions defense really that questionable?

Lions defense is nothing short of terrible.....

Rastak
10-21-2007, 01:09 PM

Something like the 10 run rule in little league?

digitaldean
10-21-2007, 01:10 PM

There should be a mercy rule for games like this. (at the worst like OPF's high school football thread in Romper Room - keep a running clock).

Rastak
10-21-2007, 01:12 PM
McGahee is sure showing those Bills a thing or two..... :roll:

packers11
10-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Whats up with all the injured quarterbacks...

Its like watching preseason with all the backup quarterbacks in...

Rastak
10-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Whats up with all the injured quarterbacks...

Its like watching preseason with all the backup quarterbacks in...

Did Schaub go down?

Him8123
10-21-2007, 01:28 PM
just to let anyone interested know, I found a website where you can watch any football game, you have to download the SopCast player from www.sopcast.com then go to this site and click on any game its awesome great quality myp2p.eu

Lurker64
10-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Other than Tampa Detroit, are there any good games happening right now?

packers11
10-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Did Schaub go down?

Yup...

GrnBay007
10-21-2007, 01:43 PM
The "little Bears" pop warner season is officially over today. Lost the first game in the playoffs 34-0 :(

Tarlam!
10-21-2007, 01:51 PM
OMG the Patsies are unstoppable. Brady is amazing. Moss is amazing. I am watching the game, it is a football clinic on all 3 phases of the game.

This team is unbeatable, barring injuries. They will sweep the year all the way to the SB.

Then, the Pack will kick the shit out of 'em.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 01:55 PM
OMG the Patsies are unstoppable. Brady is amazing. Moss is amazing. I am watching the game, it is a football clinic on all 3 phases of the game.

This team is unbeatable, barring injuries. They will sweep the year all the way to the SB.

Then, the Pack will kick the shit out of 'em.

Jump them outside the stadium after they win the title?

Lurker64
10-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Jump them outside the stadium after they win the title?

They'd get better results if they jumped them before they got to the stadium on game day...

Rastak
10-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Kitna does the girlie slide short if the first down.

edit: No offence to the board girlies was intended.

GrnBay007
10-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Holy Cow!!! just saw all the scores.

TB
No
Houston
Baltimore

gotta start kickin some butt!!!!!

Rastak
10-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Holy Cow!!! just saw all the scores.

TB
No
Houston
Baltimore

gotta start kickin some butt!!!!!

Damn Houston.....

Lurker64
10-21-2007, 02:03 PM

It wasn't exactly a move motivated by sheer guts and machismo, but can you blame him? If Kitna goes down and God isn't there to heal him this time, JT O'Sullivan is not going to lead the lions to the promised land.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 02:05 PM

It wasn't exactly a move motivated by sheer guts and machismo, but can you blame him? If Kitna goes down and God isn't there to heal him this time, JT O'Sullivan is not going to lead the lions to the promised land.

I really hate that....hell some wr's even do it....did you see Furrey try and hide under the carpet after catching the ball?

Maybe I'm just too old school. Maybe the defenders were't all over 250 pounds and super fast back in the day either though......LOL.....

Him8123
10-21-2007, 02:08 PM
not as much protection back in the day either

Rastak
10-21-2007, 02:23 PM
4th quarter and Bucs are driving.......Lions still up 9

Michael Bennett busts one....couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Lurker64
10-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Watching this Lions v. Bucs game brings back all sorts of memories, I didn't know that Chris Hovan and Paris Lenon were still in the league...

Rastak
10-21-2007, 02:26 PM
F'ing idiot Bucs.....yea, Hovan been ok since he got to Tampa.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Now Kitna does the manly thing......and almost got killed....LOL

edit: Calvin Johnson scores after twelve missed tackles....

Rastak
10-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Sumari "Esther" Rolle with the pic for the Ravens.....

Rastak
10-21-2007, 02:56 PM
This place is far too dead....adios guys, enjoy the late games....

OS PA
10-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Vikings up on the Cowboys. A Vikings win is the best case scenario for the Pack. Also looks like Romo is injured, after the fumble return for a TD Romo came off the field with a limp.

GBRulz
10-21-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree, as much as it pains me to cheer for the Queens.

superfan
10-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Just witnessed the Cowboys play about the worst two minute offense imaginable going into the half. They drove down inside Minnesota's 40 yard line, then threw back to back 1 yard or less completions with under 30 seconds on the clock and 1 timeout remaining. Stupid! Would have been much better for them to throw incompletions!

And it cost them - wide right on the long field goal. 14-7 Vikes over the Cowboys at the half. Vikings had 8 yards of offense in the 2nd Quarter and are getting destroyed in time of possession, but the Cowboys are giving the game away.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Just witnessed the Cowboys play about the worst two minute offense imaginable going into the half. They drove down inside Minnesota's 40 yard line, then threw back to back 1 yard or less completions with under 30 seconds on the clock and 1 timeout remaining. Stupid! Would have been much better for them to throw incompletions!

And it cost them - wide right on the long field goal. 14-7 Vikes over the Cowboys at the half. Vikings had 8 yards of offense in the 2nd Quarter and are getting destroyed in time of possession, but the Cowboys are giving the game away.

8 yards because they didn't have the ball. I'll have to check the drives again but they started on their one and went three and out which isn't that unusual. I think the Vikings have a played a very good game thus far.

Dominating? No, but you don't have to be on the road.....keep it close

edit: Vikes had the ball twice in the 2nd quarter and once they started on their 1.

GBRulz
10-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm not paying much attention but I saw the Vikes go 3 and out twice. That might explain why they didn't have the ball much, eh? :wink:

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 04:53 PM
You have one of the most underrated teams in the league, Ras. I think the Vikes defense is among the very best in the league.

Give you guys John Kitna and you're probably better than the Packers right now.

That said, I think the Cowboys are a better team and should wear the Vikings out in the 2nd half. I'd be suprised if the Vikes win (unless they get something going on offense, which I doubt).

Rastak
10-21-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm not paying much attention but I saw the Vikes go 3 and out twice. That might explain why they didn't have the ball much, eh? :wink:

Read what I said Michele.....but I will agree with the tone of your post because they just did it again and this time they were not trapped on the one....... :(

Rastak
10-21-2007, 04:59 PM
You have one of the most underrated teams in the league, Ras. I think the Vikes defense is among the very best in the league.

Give you guys John Kitna and you're probably better than the Packers right now.

That said, I think the Cowboys are a better team and should wear the Vikings out in the 2nd half. I'd be suprised if the Vikes win (unless they get something going on offense, which I doubt).

JH, they have lots of good things but have fatal flaws..... :(

GBRulz
10-21-2007, 05:05 PM

Read what I said Michele.....but I will agree with the tone of your post because they just did it again and this time they were not trapped on the one....... :(

you edited it after I read it, so I did not see where you said they went 3 and out twice. So sorry, ras.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 05:06 PM

you edited it after I read it, so I did not see where you said they went 3 and out twice. So sorry, ras.

No problem....for all intents and purposes you are 100% right!

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Tavaris Jackson might be the worste QB I've ever seen. I'd scrap him, play Holcomb and sign a free agent next year (and draft one to groom if possible)

GBRulz
10-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Maybe they can trade for Rex next year ! :lol: Or wait, won't he be a FA?

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 05:14 PM

A fatal flaw. Had you started and stuck with Holcomb from the beginning to the end, I think the Vikes are capable of 9-10 wins (even with a below average QB)

Rastak
10-21-2007, 05:15 PM

A fatal flaw. Had you started and stuck with Holcomb from the beginning to the end, I think the Vikes are capable of 9-10 wins (even with a below average QB)

I disagree, he didn't do shit.....

GBRulz
10-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Another flaw....their head coach. I'm convinced that if he would have shoved AP at us more, they would have beat us. I'm not sure why he was being cautious with AP in the first few games?

Rastak
10-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Another flaw....their head coach. I'm convinced that if he would have shoved AP at us more, they would have beat us. I'm not sure why he was being cautious with AP in the first few games?

Doesn't want to over work him....I agree with that to a point....just when the game is on the line you should have your best players out there.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Jackson with the girlie slide.....I HATE that.....

no offense to the girlies.....

Him8123
10-21-2007, 05:32 PM
the vikes are playing a pretty good game, tough break with the FG block

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 05:33 PM

Rastak, TJ is a pile of steamy shit. It's easy to say "HOlcomb isn't very good, try to develop the young guy" and that is the obvious rational behind starting such a piece of shit.

Maybe Jackson pans out. Drew Brees looked like shit his first year and he turned out OK. I'm just amazed at how bad Jackson is. He's clueless. Holcomb looked like he would not lose it for you but not win it either.

Him8123
10-21-2007, 05:33 PM
the bears, eagles game is kinda boring. pretty much just a defensive game,

Rastak
10-21-2007, 05:35 PM

Rastak, TJ is a pile of steamy shit. It's easy to say "HOlcomb isn't very good, try to develop the young guy" and that is the obvious rational behind starting such a piece of shit.

Maybe Jackson pans out. Drew Brees looked like shit his first year and he turned out OK. I'm just amazed at how bad Jackson is. He's clueless. Holcomb looked like he would not lose it for you but not win it either.

JH, if Jackson is a steamy pile of shit then Holcomb is a steamy pile of shit. Jackson ran for a few yards while holcomb is a fucking statue. Don't tell me you've watched every minute of every Viking game, I won't believe it.

I will agree that Jackson isn't an NFL QB at this point.

Bretsky
10-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Holcomb gives the Vikings a better chance to win that TJ hands down IMO

Rastak
10-21-2007, 05:44 PM

Not from what I've seen. Well, let me say this, it's close so why go with the old guy if it''s that close?

Rastak
10-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Could be game set match...

I did notice that Peterson doesn't hold the ball tight....I've seen that before.....

Bretsky
10-21-2007, 05:50 PM

Not from what I've seen. Well, let me say this, it's close so why go with the old guy if it''s that close?

I consider Holcomb capable; I'm not sure I've ever considered Jackson that.
For me it isn't much of a decision if you are trying to win now.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 05:52 PM

He really didn't do much in his 0-2 stint......

Bretsky
10-21-2007, 05:58 PM

5-15 for 59 yards ?

I have a hard time believing Craig Nall, JT O"Sullivan, Brooks Bollinger, or Kelly Holcomb would be doing any worse that Jackson is

He has no business starting IMO

Rastak
10-21-2007, 06:00 PM

5-15 for 59 yards ?

I have a hard time believing Craig Nall, JT O"Sullivan, Brooks Bollinger, or Kelly Holcomb would be doing any worse that Jackson is

He's missed a few.....I ain't happy.....

Bretsky
10-21-2007, 06:04 PM

5-15 for 59 yards ?

Looks like Peterson has ONLY 13 touches

I would not be happy about that either if I was you

Rastak
10-21-2007, 06:06 PM

5-15 for 59 yards ?

Out of curiosity, are you watching the game?

Rastak
10-21-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't think that's been the big problem.....no passing game. You can't run every play......

Bretsky
10-21-2007, 06:10 PM

5-15 for 59 yards ?

Out of curiosity, are you watching the game?

I WOULD IF I COULD BUT I'M STUCK WITH THE DAM BEARS EAGLES GAME

Rastak
10-21-2007, 06:12 PM
That's a close one.......

Bretsky
10-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Bears at 36 with 30 seconds left in the game

Bretsky
10-21-2007, 06:15 PM
CRAP; Bears at the 15 with 15 seconds left in the GAME

Bretsky
10-21-2007, 06:16 PM
DA BEARS WIN DA BEARS WIN DA BEARS WIN

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Rastak
10-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Let me go on record....5 of 17 sucks......

Bretsky
10-21-2007, 06:22 PM

6 of 19 for 72; that's one of the worse games for a starter playing the whole game that I can remember

Him8123
10-21-2007, 06:23 PM
f`ing bears, they always seem to pull one out of their ass. I hate the bears so much.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 06:23 PM

6 of 19 for 72; that's one of the worse games for a starter playing the whole game that I can remember

You win Bretsky.......I surrender!

EDIT: I really do.......something has to be done......

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 06:40 PM

Start Holcomb and stick with him, and he'll be better than just getting tossed in because of injury. Greise just kept getting better after getting adjusted. The Vikings never gave Holcomb a chance. TJ is the worste QB I've seen. He really is as bad as it gets. Holcomb sucks, but not nearly as bad as TJ.

Rastak
10-21-2007, 06:42 PM

Start Holcomb and stick with him, and he'll be better than just getting tossed in because of injury. Greise just kept getting better after getting adjusted. The Vikings never gave Holcomb a chance. TJ is the worste QB I've seen. He really is as bad as it gets. Holcomb sucks, but not nearly as bad as TJ.]

You missed Spergeon Wynn......

b bulldog
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Should have tried to make a deal for a Tampa QB for one of your backs and maybe a pick.

Brando19
10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Man...the Broncos are beating the Steelers 21-7 with 2 minutes left in the first half. Should Packer nation be worried about Monday Night Football next week? The Steelers have turned the ball over 3 times so far so Green Bay needs to be very careful and not turn the ball over because we can win this game!!!! I can see Favre to Koren for a TD or 2!

Carolina_Packer
10-21-2007, 08:46 PM
OK, I'm not trying to defend Jackson, and I don't know much about his game. Here's some things I have noticed or are self-evident:

1. He's never started a full season and is very raw.
2. He is very athletic, and can pull the ball down and run, which he seems to probably more than the coaching staff wants him to.
3. He holds the ball too long and does not seem to have that clock in his head that they talk about, which means he takes sacks or throws under pressure too often.
4. As a result of number 3, he is not very accurate.
5. I wonder if Childress and Co. are playing to the kid's weakness instead of his strength. Seems like they have him throwing downfield quite a bit. You would think the longer the throw, the more time and accuracy one would need. Why not go with shorter routes. The WCO has a million wrinkles. Why not use shorter drops, and quicker pass plays? I think if they did that, they could even mix AP into the passing game more.

My point is, perhaps they are asking him to do too much at this point in his young career for as raw as he is. There must be throws this kid can make, plays this kid can execute, and obviously this offense should revolve around AP, but with enough efficient passing from Jackson.

What do other people notice?

Bretsky
10-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Man...the Broncos are beating the Steelers 21-7 with 2 minutes left in the first half. Should Packer nation be worried about Monday Night Football next week? The Steelers have turned the ball over 3 times so far so Green Bay needs to be very careful and not turn the ball over because we can win this game!!!! I can see Favre to Koren for a TD or 2!

GB should be very worried about Denver

b bulldog
10-21-2007, 08:59 PM
IMO, the next two games will be very tough to win. I would pick Denver and KC TO WIN BOTH.

RIPackerFan
10-21-2007, 09:11 PM
In the first half, it looked like Denver's DEs knew the cadence of Rothlesberger - there were two steps into their rush before the tackle was even out of their stance - when watching it - they weren't offsides - so it will be interesting if Rothlesberger changes his cadence.

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 09:27 PM
IMO, the next two games will be very tough to win. I would pick Denver and KC TO WIN BOTH.

I don't know bulldog. Both teams are a lot worse than we would have thought coming into the season. I'm pretty sure both are regarded as bottom 1/3 of the league in most circles.

GrnBay007
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
C'mon Steelers!!!!!! :x

retailguy
10-21-2007, 10:01 PM

They'll both be tough, but I see good hope for 1-1. If I can get there bulldog, you ought to be painted yellow and green screaming "victory is 100% guaranteed" in both. :wink:

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Denvers Dline is pathetic.

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
haha,

spoke too soon

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Hines Ward is a QB's best friend.

retailguy
10-21-2007, 10:06 PM

Ward is Pittsburg's Donald Driver

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM

Did you see the way he saw the blitz, got in perfect position to have leverage on the slant and then made it happen?

That was a thing of beauty.

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Fudge, I'm pissed I missed this game. I wasn't paying attn to who was playing tonight and somehow I missed it.

How did Denver look anyone?

RIPackerFan
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
I've seen Denver crowd the line with their linebackers - I can't believe they would do that to us - it opens up the slant - big time.

I have to believe if they try that on us next week - Favre will be waiting.

esoxx
10-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Denver runs the same bump & run, press coverage scheme that we use which makes sense since Jim Bates is the DC. That should be beneficial to the Packers match up wise.
However, we still have plenty of Tampa 2's left on the schedule, which typically has caused problems this season.

Kak
10-21-2007, 10:25 PM
C'mon Elam.

Do not want the Pack to face Denver at Denver on a four game losing streak.

RIPackerFan
10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't know if I want the Broncos after a win against a rival.

Bretsky
C'mon Elam.

Do not want the Pack to face Denver at Denver on a four game losing streak.

Absolutely agree; nail this thing

retailguy

Did you see the way he saw the blitz, got in perfect position to have leverage on the slant and then made it happen?

That was a thing of beauty.

I did. Wonderful. True Value. I've always liked Hines...

RashanGary
10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Tough to say what is better. This is a big, emotional win with let-down possiblities. However, 4 losses in a row can cause a team to unravel.

Honestly, I'd rather they lost this one. Now they have confidence. I doubt they are on a high enough horse after one win to have a let down.

This was a hard fought game for them though. Our guys should have much more energy (physically and emotionally) after having two weeks off physically and a week away from the grind (emotionally).

]{ilr]3
10-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't think that's been the big problem.....no passing game. You can't run every play......

I was just watching ESPN pre-game show tonight and they had Parcels and Ditka going on and on about how Childress failed the team by not getting the ball to AP more against the cowboys.

I wasnt able to watch the game to see how everything played out. I guess more than anyone here you should have a stronger/valid opinion on that.

I guess what i dont underestand is, they cant be too worried about him getting injured if they are using him on ST play, why dont they give him the ball more often on running plays or screens? 12 carries and one pass against the an offensive juggernaut? :shock: Again, I didnt watch the game so maybe he had more balls thrown his way and dropped and there are only so many plays you can run in your time of possesion......

superfan
10-22-2007, 07:40 PM
{ilr]3]I was just watching ESPN pre-game show tonight and they had Parcels and Ditka going on and on about how Childress failed the team by not getting the ball to AP more against the cowboys.

I wasnt able to watch the game to see how everything played out. I guess more than anyone here you should have a stronger/valid opinion on that.

I guess what i dont underestand is, they cant be too worried about him getting injured if they are using him on ST play, why dont they give him the ball more often on running plays or screens? 12 carries and one pass against the an offensive juggernaut? :shock: Again, I didnt watch the game so maybe he had more balls thrown his way and dropped and there are only so many plays you can run in your time of possesion......

I'm no Viking fan, but I live in Minnesota so am subjected to a lot of Vikings coverage, and the use of Peterson has been heavily discussed. Most of the talk centers around AP not getting the ball enough, which is very justified IMO. However, the limited touches against Dallas was due in part to the simple fact that Minny didn't run many offensive plays - less than 50 I believe. Dallas keyed on AP and the Vikes did a very poor job of converting 3rd downs. TOP was heavily slanted in Dallas's favor.

Still, Childress (and OC Bevell) have been maintaining a 50/50 split between AP and Chester Taylor. If it was me I would be feeding AP the ball about 2/3 of the carries with the other 1/3 going to Taylor. The company line is that they don't want to wear him out and/or risk injury, but if that is the case, why put him on ST? Nobody seems to have the answer to that question - although I believe Childress once stated that AP is technically the second string RB (Taylor remains the "starter" in title) and as such his role also includes kick returner.

AP is without question the best weapon that team has.

Guiness
10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Kickoff - game's on. I'll be watching with interest.

Guiness
10-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Jax punting from their 20. Should give Indi good field position.

edit: or not. 50 yd punt

GrnBay007
10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Go Jax!!