PDA

View Full Version : 27 TD's, 2 interceptions, 2125 yards, 133 QB rating

b bulldog
10-21-2007, 06:04 PM
I know this is a Packers forum but Brady's numbers are sick. Whoever has him in fantasy football, good job 8-)

]{ilr]3
10-21-2007, 06:45 PM
I know this is a Packers forum but Brady's numbers are sick. Whoever has him in fantasy football, good job 8-)

I run my own FF league and I have Brady. So far I am undefeated. Unlike here at PR FF League where I am winless! :shock:

gbpackfan
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
When is going to come down to Earth? I HATE THE PATRIOTS! CHEATERS!!! :twisted:

b bulldog
10-21-2007, 06:50 PM
They'll have a bad game , everyone does(72 Fish doesn't count) As of now, they are the best team I've seen in a very long time but we are only seven weeks in. It is still very early. The scarey thing is that they haven't had their best player on D yet and they've been using their 2nd and 3rd string rb's.

Brando19
10-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Brady is a great QB....but there's no way he would have those numbers without Randy Moss this year. Did you see those two jump balls in the end zone today? Brady threw the ball up two times in the end zone...I figured it was for sure INT's, but Moss SOMEHOW managed to jump up in between 2 defenders and come down with touchdowns. Moss is the best player in football right now. Good job, TT!!!!!

retailguy
10-21-2007, 08:03 PM
They'll have a bad game , everyone does(72 Fish doesn't count) As of now, they are the best team I've seen in a very long time but we are only seven weeks in. It is still very early. The scarey thing is that they haven't had their best player on D yet and they've been using their 2nd and 3rd string rb's.

I was thinking about this last week. Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk will never scare anyone, yet they've been really productive. Morris has almost 400 yards rushing, which is probably about as much as we have as a team.

This team is looking scary at this point. It looks like they've got a shot at 16-0...

b bulldog
10-21-2007, 09:02 PM
a HEALTHY wALKER ONCE DID THAT FOR US. Javon is hurt but when he was 100%, he could also do those things. Moss is playing well but that O as a whole ,is almost indefensible.

Carolina_Packer
10-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Where's the pressure? Brady is accurate, arguably the most accurate QB right now, but he's very well protected too. I'd like to see him get his ass munched a couple of times, like buzzing a power hitter when he crowds the plate. Don't let them get too comfortable and let's see what you can do now. He's just having his way. He makes the results for sure, but he's provided most every opportunity by great protection. What would he do under pressure? Hope we find out.

b bulldog
10-21-2007, 09:11 PM
I see your point but I do think he played under pressure al least three games in his past. His run at the moment is breathtaking but hey'll have a hiccup game or two.

3irty1
10-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Where's the pressure? Brady is accurate, arguably the most accurate QB right now, but he's very well protected too. I'd like to see him get his ass munched a couple of times, like buzzing a power hitter when he crowds the plate. Don't let them get too comfortable and let's see what you can do now. He's just having his way. He makes the results for sure, but he's provided most every opportunity by great protection. What would he do under pressure? Hope we find out.

Its true he never gets touched. A lot of guys could succeed with that line but Tom Brady thrives.

Harlan Huckleby
10-21-2007, 11:36 PM
it will be interesting how people compare FAvre, Mannning and Brady ten years from now. Manning & Brady have a lot of time left.

mmmdk
10-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Brady is a great QB....but there's no way he would have those numbers without Randy Moss this year. Did you see those two jump balls in the end zone today? Brady threw the ball up two times in the end zone...I figured it was for sure INT's, but Moss SOMEHOW managed to jump up in between 2 defenders and come down with touchdowns. Moss is the best player in football right now. Good job, TT!!!!!

TT has money on the Pats to win the SB. Moss & Wes Welker make Brady even better. Patriots wants to win super bowls not just regular season games. Patriots are winners...and cheaters - that's why I want them to fail.

mmmdk
10-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Pats are the most dominant offense since 49ers in 1989 with Montana, Rice, Jones, Taylor, Rathman & Craig. They didn't score in bunches but no one could stop 49ers when it counted.

Also add Vikings in 1998 with Cunningham, Carter, MOSS, Reed, Smith & Hoard. However, you could stop Vikes, especially Cunningham, and that's what I hope will happen to the Pats this season. CRUSH THE CHEATER PATS!

We could've had Moss; hate him all you want but isn't this about winning championships???

4and12to12and4
10-22-2007, 08:39 AM
It will be a great game when they play Indy. Peyton's o-line can rival the Pats. The Pats are better defensively, and if not for a miracle comeback last year in the playoffs probably would've won another Superbowl. Think about that. Brady had a bunch of nobodys to throw to last year, and they were KILLING the Colts in the playoffs last year, who eventually won the Superbowl. They are better at defense thanks to their FA signings, they have Wes, Stallworth (who is probably as good as any receiver we have) AND Moss. Brady hasn't even figured out how to spell these guy's last names yet, and he's having the greatest season a QB has ever had. If something doesn't derail them, he will break every statistical record there is based on a year's play.

I watched about half of the game yesterday, and at halftime he heaved another prayer to Moss (who had already pulled down two miracle catches in double coverage for scores) in the corner of the end zone with like 15 seconds left up 5000 to 7 and he caught it with one hand but had just run out of real estate. I couldn't stomach watching the second half.

If Brady gets one or two or three more rings, he will always be remembered as the greatest QB of all time by most. I just wonder how many rings Brett could've had with the teams Tommy's had. Brett's great, but Brady is so accurate and nothing seems to get to him, he's so relaxed all the time, maybe it's the protection, but I've seen him play against the Raven's, Steelers, etc., where he was pressured a lot, and he still had a "cool hand luke" sort of attitude out there. It's like he never lets himself get rattled. This offense is starting to make "the greatest show on turf" look mediocre. Unreal.

LL2
10-22-2007, 09:34 AM
it will be interesting how people compare FAvre, Mannning and Brady ten years from now. Manning & Brady have a lot of time left.

I think they will move Manning and Brady ahead of Favre, which I will not agree with.

brady's numbers are insane. Can they keep it up for the next 9 games? I hope they go on a 3 game losing streak, but they appear to be too good for that to happen. When you watch Brady in post game interviews he seems to have a smirk on his face and trying to keep himself from laughing.

The Leaper
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
It just goes to show how much of a QB's performance really is tied to the talent at WR and OL...which is what makes Favre's career so impressive. He has done nearly all of it without the help of elite WRs, and only occasionally has he had an above average OL.

Freak Out
10-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Brady is a very good/great QB but with Moss and that O-line he is a world beater. No wonder the backup RBs look so good! There are maybe 2 teams that have a chance to beat them if healthy. The Colts and Packers. :D

The Leaper
10-22-2007, 01:03 PM
The Colts and Packers. :D

Maybe if Bush wasn't our #3 CB. He would get TORCHED by the Pats.

You need 4 starting caliber CBs to be able to counter what the Pats have going right now. That said...we don't have it.

b bulldog
10-22-2007, 04:43 PM
You need at least 3 starting caliber DB's, you need a gifted LB to play Watson, you definitely need a front four who can knock Brady on his butt consistently on their own and lastly, you need a strong running game so their O stays on the sidelines.

Packers4Ever
10-22-2007, 10:58 PM

I saw that play and later saw it played and replayed, sickening,
I was ready to barf !! :twisted:

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Answer me a question Bulldog. Those throws yesterday that brady just chucked up for grabs in double coverage, where they smart throws or where they boneheaded passes if he got picked? I dont think it takes much brains to know moss is gonna make the QB look like gold. It is the reason I wanted TT to get him in the offseason.

Up until this season brady's career high was 28 TDs w/ 14 INTs in '02 anbd '04. I dont buy this garbage that he is better then Favre and I dont think he is better then Manning. He career stats are good but not eye popping.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156

SkinBasket
10-23-2007, 07:40 AM
He's better than Manning. Manning's had WR talent consistently over his career. Brady's had whatever they could throw together from the low-budget pile. Now that they've got a respectable group at WR, Brady's showing he can make magic better than Manning ever could.

Come on. 27/2. Fucking 27/2 after 7 games and people are still hating on him. Those are impossible numbers. Give the fucking pretty boy some credit.

MadtownPacker
10-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Go have his next baby then, you piece of crap detractor.

Zool
10-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I do love that when a WR comes down with a ball between 3 guys its a great throw, but when it gets picked, it was a bone-headed pass that should never have been thrown.

QB's get too much credit/blame.

Partial
10-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Moss is playing at a level that he only did in Minne when they were winning in his first two years. He is freakishly good. I give him most of the credit and not Brady. No way does Marvin Harrison come away with either of those touchdowns in between 2-3 people that Moss did last week. They're both intercepted.

That is a load of crap that Peyton ever had a talent like Moss. Harrison is very good and very consistent but he will never, ever be confused for someone who needs to be double or triple teamed on jump balls and still able to come away with the majority of them.

Moss once again looks uncoverable to me. Two men cannot get the job done and that is why NE is clicking so well.

LL2
10-23-2007, 01:26 PM
It sure seems the Patriots are playing in the easiest division. Washington will hopefully challenge them and the game with the Colts will be the game to watch.

Partial
10-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Fuck the Patriots. They do it all wrong and are a shaddy organization. They won't run the table. No way do the cheaters go 16-0. They will drop 2 games in the regular season and 1 in the playoffs. What really grinds my gears is how Minnesota lost 5 first round picks for illegally signing Joe Smith, but the bunch of cheaters in New England only lose 1? What they did is way worse. They should lose 6.

SkinBasket
10-23-2007, 01:32 PM
What really grinds my gears is how Minnesota lost 5 first round picks for illegally signing Joe Smith, but the bunch of cheaters in New England only lose 1? What they did is way worse. They should lose 6.

Partial, Joe Smith plays basketball.

Partial
10-23-2007, 01:33 PM
What really grinds my gears is how Minnesota lost 5 first round picks for illegally signing Joe Smith, but the bunch of cheaters in New England only lose 1? What they did is way worse. They should lose 6.

Correct. And Basketball has a draft, just like football. First round picks are equally if not more valuable in basketball, due to only having two rounds to pick from and having a smaller roster to fill out.

Packers4Ever
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
[quote=Harlan Huckleby]it will be interesting how people compare FAvre, Mannning and Brady ten years from now. Manning & Brady have a lot of time left.

I think they will move Manning and Brady ahead of Favre, which I will not agree with.

I think they already have, LL2, yesterday afternoon I was watching one of the sports' shows, Manning and Brady were already under heavy discussion. I didn't watch the whole thing but I didn't hear Favre's name mentioned once nor any of his stats displayed while I was there.

ANOTHER thing, watch the PATS run up their numbers when they're already leading maybe by 25 points, it's late in the game and the other team hasn't a chance!!! Is that NFL-legal? Under what conditions? The Brady-Manninig show?

SkinBasket
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM

Correct. And Basketball has a draft, just like football. First round picks are equally if not more valuable in basketball, due to only having two rounds to pick from and having a smaller roster to fill out.

Incorrect. The NBA draft is next to worthless. Even the top picks tend to fail at an amazing rate. There isn't even enough talent to fill two rounds in a given year anyway. And because the rosters are smaller, it is much easier to fill whatever need you might have via trades and FA.

Using another league's draft as a basis for a punishment scale makes about as much sense as kicking your mom in the balls with high heeled cowboy boots.

Diminishing the performance of the QB because the team cheated is a little adolescent. Go ahead and hate the team, but try to look at Brady's performance a little more objectively, because the numbers truly are amazing.

Say what you want about running up the score, but why should they give a shit? They're out to prove they're 200% better than any other team in the league, with or without video surveillance, after the scandal. It's also a little difficult to "hold back" when you score 5 TDs in the 1st half. For crap's sake, Brady only threw the ball 25 times. What are they supposed to do? Punt on 1st down to save the poor delicate feelings of the Dolphins?

Partial
10-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Incorrect. The NBA draft is next to worthless. Even the top picks tend to fail at an amazing rate. There isn't even enough talent to fill two rounds in a given year anyway. And because the rosters are smaller, it is much easier to fill whatever need you might have via trades and FA.

Using another league's draft as a basis for a punishment scale makes about as much sense as kicking your mom in the balls with high heeled cowboy boots.

Diminishing the performance of the QB because the team cheated is a little adolescent. Go ahead and hate the team, but try to look at Brady's performance a little more objectively, because the numbers truly are amazing.

Say what you want about running up the score, but why should they give a shit? They're out to prove they're 200% better than any other team in the league, with or without video surveillance, after the scandal. It's also a little difficult to "hold back" when you score 5 TDs in the 1st half. For crap's sake, Brady only threw the ball 25 times. What are they supposed to do? Punt on 1st down to save the poor delicate feelings of the Dolphins?

I completely disagree. I bet the failure rate of high picks is pretty equal. You cannot compare all-star rosters obviously because it is a hell of a lot harder to an NBA all-star than an NFL pro-bowler.

Brady's numbers are great. No one denies that. They'll lose, though. They always do. He is playing like Warren Moon was with Moss. I don't give Brady any credit for making shitty, dangerous passes into double or triple coverage that Moss somehow manages to pull in. If Favre did that to DD we'd be shitting bricks.

Carolina_Packer
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Another sick number is the fact that he had more touchdown passes than incompletions! That just doesn't happen.

So, not to steer the topic, but a twist to it; here are stats for Moss to date:

REC
YDS
AVG
TDS

If TT had secured his services for Favre, what do you think his stat line would be right now, and what kind of impact do you think he'd be having vs. the one he's having in NE?

b bulldog
10-23-2007, 02:48 PM
To those posting about Moss and his jump ball success, I do think that those throws and completions are all on the WR if caught and if picked, they should completely be on the QB. One more thing, Brett's "greatest game" against the Raiders, please rewatch that game before complaining about Moss and Brady :oops: Walker was doing the same thing that year before his injury. :oops: Wr's on these balls make the QB's look better, no doubt about it. My problem with this is that when Brett does this, the masses in here now complain that the WR should have batted the ball down instead of saying it was a dumbass pass. I will repeat, if picked, bad throw by the QB, if caught, great play by the WR!

Zool
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
If caught, bad throw by the QB, if picked bad throw by the QB. Either way you look at it, bad throw by the QB.

cheesner
10-23-2007, 03:05 PM

I saw that play and later saw it played and replayed, sickening,
I was ready to barf !! :twisted:
I saw Moss run a route last season and he just stopped. He later told his wr coach that the route would have taken him through the infield portion of the field, and he didn't want to go there.

Which Moss would have played for the Packers? We will never know.

MJZiggy
10-23-2007, 03:06 PM
So they should never use a last second Hail Mary Pass?

b bulldog
10-23-2007, 03:10 PM
If your a QB and you don't throw jump balls to Moss, your an idiot! That is just stating the obvious.

Zool
10-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Tell that to Andrew Walters, Marques Tuiasusopo and whomever else Oakland threw out there the last 2 years.

b bulldog
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
gOOD POINT, i SHOULD HAVE SAID a motivated Moss :lol:

The Leaper
10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
If caught, bad throw by the QB, if picked bad throw by the QB. Either way you look at it, bad throw by the QB.

If Randy Moss is the guy you are throwing it to, it is a damn good throw most of the time...because he comes down with it most of the time. The guy has crazy skills in terms of body control, leaping ability, and reacting to the ball when it is in the air.

He might be a jackass...but he's a talented jackass.

SkinBasket
10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Brady's numbers are great. No one denies that. They'll lose, though. They always do. He is playing like Warren Moon was with Moss. I don't give Brady any credit for making shitty, dangerous passes into double or triple coverage that Moss somehow manages to pull in. If Favre did that to DD we'd be shitting bricks.

And guess what? He probably doesn't try that pass if Moss isn't the WR. He has a tool. He's using it. He's throwing balls into the endzone in places where his receiver has the advantage and makes the catch. Same as when Welker beats a 3rd or 4th DB over the middle and Brady hits him for a TD.

They weren't "shitty, dangerous passes." They were put where Moss needed them to be to catch them. I don't recall seeing a DB having a shot at either of those two balls.

And DD is not Randy Moss. Just like the NBA is not the NFL. You're coming up with some massively misapplied equivocations today. You running on Red Bull and Jelly Beans or something?

GrnBay007
10-24-2007, 08:09 AM
This is kinda sick.....

The Patriots have outscored opponents, 72-7, in the first quarter this season. -- Boston Globe